Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,662 members, 7,809,503 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:39 AM

Help! How Much Do You Think This Marriage List Will Cost? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Help! How Much Do You Think This Marriage List Will Cost? (2850 Views)

OMG!!! Will This Marriage Be A Blessing To These Couple Or A Trouble??(must See) / Traditional Marriage List Given To My Friend Yesterday. / Am Tired Of This Marriage,do You Think He Loves Me? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! How Much Do You Think This Marriage List Will Cost? by missgstar2: 1:28pm On Nov 02, 2011
Hi guys

I'm writing from London. I'm due to be getting married next year, and this is my 'list' I don't really know the current prices of things in nigeria, and need to come up with a budget with my fiance.

BTW, my family are from Abia state.

How much do you think the whole list will be

MARRIAGE LIST

1). NMAYI NKUTU AKA: ONE BOTTLE OF SCHNAPPS

2). NMAYI IHE AVURU: ONE BOTTLE OF SCHNAPPS

3). NMAYI MKPARI UBUBO: ONE BOTTLE OF SCHNAPPS/BRANDY/WHISKY

4). NMAYI AJUJU NKE NNA NKE NNE:
A). SIX (6) BOTTLES OF ASSORTD HOT DRINKS (THIS INCLUDES 1-3 ABOVE)
B). TWO (2) GALLONS OF PALM WINE
C). AKA NA UTAKU (ONE HAND AND A LEG OF MEAT) – (SHORT FALL MEN N 3K / SHORT FALL WOMEN N3K)
D). 4 X N5 NOTES
E). NATIVE KOLANUTS, GARDEN EGGS AND BITTER KOLA
F). ONE CREATE OF MINERAL

5). U ONU AKU: (BARGAIN OF DOWRY – ONE BOTTLE OF WHISKY)

6). IWU OKWU MMIRI (REACHING ACCORD / SETTLEMENT) – ONE BIG BOTTLE OF WHISKY/BRANDY (THREE IN ONE).

7). BU NMAYI NWANYI:
A). NKOI AKPA N3K (NGWA ATO)
B). AJU ISII N1,500.00
C). NKPO ISII
D). OKWA ISII
E). THIRTY SIX (36) GALLONS OF PALM WINE
F). N120.00 (FOR THOSE TO CARRY THE PALM WINE)
G). EKOT INEM KE-MEN N3K
H). EKOT INEM KE-WOMEN N3K
I). A BIG BOTTLE OF GROUND SNUFF
J). ONE ROLL OF CIGARETTES (BENSON & HEDGES / ST. MORRIS)
K). TWO (2) BIG PACKETS OF MATCHES (TEN IN ONE)
L). IKPEGHE OGBITI / ULO NTA N200.00
M). IKPEGHE ONU-NKPU N2,000.00
N). KOLANUTS, GARDEN EGGS, BITTER KOLA (IN LARGE QUANTITY)
O). TRANSPORT TO BRING OUT THE BRIDE – WOMEN N5,000.00

. NMAYI NGANGA (APPRECIATION)
A). TEN (10) CARTONS OF ASSORTED BEER, INCLUDING TWO (2) CRATES OF SMALL STOUT
B). TEN (10) CRATES OF ASSORTED MINERALS INCLUDING AT LEAST THREE (3) CRATES OF MALTINA

9). FATHER’S LIST
A). ISI AGU / INYINYA MATERIALS FOR CHIEFTAINCY DRESS
B). SIX (6) PIECES OF PLAIN MADRAS (GEORGE)
C). HAT
D). A PAIR OF CUT SHOES
E). GENTS UMBRELLA
F). WALKING STICK
G). GENTS WRIST WATCH
H). HANDKERCHIEFS
I). TOWEL

10). MOTHER’S LIST
A). ONE (1) HEAVY PIECE OF MADRAS (GEORGE)
B). FOUR (4) PIECES OF PLAIN MADRAS (GEORGE)
C). ONE (1) PIECE OF UKPO (REAL DUTCH WAX)
D). HEAD TIE (TWO YARDS)
E). LADIES UMBRELLA
F). CORDLESS BLOUSE MATERIAL
G). A PAIR OF SHOES
H). LADIES WRIST WATCH
I). TOWEL
J). COMPLETE SET OF G. L. CHAIN
K). LADIES HAND BAG
L). HANDHERCHIEFS
M). ONE (1) CARTON OF TOILET / BATHING SOAP
N). ONE (1) CARTON OF BAR SOAP
O). ONE DOZEN OF ASSORTED BODY CREAM
P). SIX (6) ASSORTED TALCUM POWDER

11). DANCING: FOR THE BRIDE TO DANCE WITH THE GROOM N2,000.00

12). COOKING MATERIALS:
2 BAGS OF RICE, 1 COW, 40 BIG TUBERS OF YAM, 2 LONG TAILS OF STOCK FISH, 2 STICKS OF DRY FISH, 6 HEADS OF STOCK FISH, ONE BAG OF GARRI, 30 CUPS OF EGUSI, 2 CUPS OF ACHI, 5 CUPS OF DRIED PEPPER, 1 TRAY OF CRAYFISH, 2 BAGS OF SALT, A BASKET OF FRESH TOMATOES, A TRAY OF ONIONS, A TRAY OF FRESH PEPPER, 1 CARTON OF TINNED TOMATOES, 1 TIN OF MAGGI (ROYCO), 2 BOTTLES OF CURRY POWDER, 2 BOTTLES OF THYME, 1 TIN OF GROUNDNUT OIL, 1 TIN OF PALM OIL, 1 MAT (HAUSA TYPE), 1 BIG BASIN (ERICO) AND 3 NUT MEGS.

13). FOR THE PEOPLE THAT DO THE COOKING:
A). A CRATE OF MINERAL
B). A CARTON OF BEER
C). A PACKET OF CABIN BISCUIT
D). A BOTTLE OF SCHNAPPS
E). A GALLON OF PALM WINE
F). KITCHEN SUPPORT N2,000.00

Thanks!
Re: Help! How Much Do You Think This Marriage List Will Cost? by MrsChima1(f): 1:34pm On Nov 02, 2011
(looking at r231) Make it work!
Re: Help! How Much Do You Think This Marriage List Will Cost? by r231(m): 1:56pm On Nov 02, 2011
Mrs, Chima:

(looking at r231) Make it work!

thanx babe grin grin

@Op

btw 1500 - 2000 pounds

I think undecided
Re: Help! How Much Do You Think This Marriage List Will Cost? by Dyt(f): 1:59pm On Nov 02, 2011
abt 3000 pounds
Re: Help! How Much Do You Think This Marriage List Will Cost? by Nobody: 4:00pm On Nov 02, 2011
That's quite a ton of stuff
Re: Help! How Much Do You Think This Marriage List Will Cost? by MrsChima1(f): 4:57pm On Nov 02, 2011
r231:

thanx babe grin grin

@Op

btw 1500 - 2000 pounds

I think undecided

That's all? Did you read the ENTIRE list? shocked
Re: Help! How Much Do You Think This Marriage List Will Cost? by Nobody: 5:13pm On Nov 02, 2011
[size=14pt] shocked shocked shocked shocked Choooi!! See list. . .

Igbo Kwenu!. . . hia!
Kwenu!!. . . hia!!
Kwezuo nu!!! Hiaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!! grin
[/size]

r231:

thanx babe grin grin

@Op

btw 1500 - 2000 pounds

I think undecided

[size=14pt]Not Far from the truth. Slate it around 2300 pounds. . . And add extra 1000 pounds for miscellaneous expenses! We igbo people can be funny at times! grin grin [/size]
Re: Help! How Much Do You Think This Marriage List Will Cost? by MrsChima1(f): 5:16pm On Nov 02, 2011
sexkillz:

[size=14pt] shocked shocked shocked shocked Choooi!! See list. . .

Igbo Kwenu!. . . hia!
Kwenu!!. . . hia!!
Kwezuo nu!!! Hiaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!! grin
[/size]

[size=14pt]Not Far from the truth. Slate it around 2300 pounds. . . And add extra 1000 pounds for miscellaneous expenses! We igbo people can be funny at times! grin grin [/size]

Throw in extra 2,000 pounds for just in case some shit pop off.
Re: Help! How Much Do You Think This Marriage List Will Cost? by Nobody: 5:33pm On Nov 02, 2011
[size=14pt]^^Yes o! It's Abia state. Home of kidnappings! Anything can[b] fit [/b]happen! grin[/size]
Re: Help! How Much Do You Think This Marriage List Will Cost? by MrsChima1(f): 5:52pm On Nov 02, 2011
sexkillz:

[size=14pt]^^Yes o! It's Abia state. Home of kidnappings! Anything can[b] fit [/b]happen! grin[/size]

Igbo men are very loud during wedding parties and that is before liquor is introduced! Ooo goodness!

I am going to a wedding soon myself and I was given the list down of the wedding. Oh my goodness! It is interesting to see how much money people spend on an one day event.

I went to a wedding where the wedding started three days before the actual wedding. shocked
Re: Help! How Much Do You Think This Marriage List Will Cost? by Nobody: 6:12pm On Nov 02, 2011
[size=14pt]Lol! The latter part of your comment is a Nigerian thing. . . wink[/size]
Re: Help! How Much Do You Think This Marriage List Will Cost? by tellwisdom: 6:25pm On Nov 02, 2011
ONE ROLL OF CIGARETTES (BENSON & HEDGES / ST. MORRIS)

Missgangster, who is going to smoke this??
Re: Help! How Much Do You Think This Marriage List Will Cost? by missgstar2: 6:32pm On Nov 02, 2011
@tellwisdom - I really don't know!

@ Mrs Chima - we will defo be adding money for miscellaneous items, plus things that are not included like transprt, music etc.

I feel like I'm being sold! lol
Re: Help! How Much Do You Think This Marriage List Will Cost? by tellwisdom: 6:43pm On Nov 02, 2011
Can you bring them let me smoke, since you dont knw who to smoke them ?? angry angry
Re: Help! How Much Do You Think This Marriage List Will Cost? by fateavon4u(f): 7:30pm On Nov 02, 2011
@ poster,whr exactly r u frm in abia state?.cos d list is very similar 2 d one i used last yr.spend 3,000 dollars on buyin d stuff on d list and its nt including some last minutes shopping and d bring 10k for extra 2 cartons of stella pomade,bring 20k for a very presentable stockfish, i hope ur parents r very outspoken becos they(ur kindred men particularly) will double everytin cos u r aboard,believe me,am talkin frm exprience.
Re: Help! How Much Do You Think This Marriage List Will Cost? by fateavon4u(f): 7:49pm On Nov 02, 2011
@ missgstar2,bear in mind that u r nt buying everytin of list.ex if there r 100 jars of palmwine,u will buy like 20 nd do d rest wt money(if d actual price of a jar is 1k,they might places thier at 600 a jar).i rem on d list i got,i hd 112 jars of palmwine,we brought 60 jars(c raking da day),do u no da these pple finishd d palmy in 3 days.sometime they knock at our gate at 5am 2 drink thier palmy, lol
Re: Help! How Much Do You Think This Marriage List Will Cost? by Scooby1(m): 8:06pm On Nov 02, 2011
nawa odikwa risky  grin grin grin grin grin

@poster,

count urself lucky I heard in some marriage list they add blackberry phones! grin grin grin
Re: Help! How Much Do You Think This Marriage List Will Cost? by emofine(f): 8:13pm On Nov 02, 2011
Scooby1:

nawa odikwa risky  grin grin grin grin grin

Sorry to butt in but my curious mind just wants to know what odikwa means? I've heard that word before so it's kinda haunting me now.
Re: Help! How Much Do You Think This Marriage List Will Cost? by r231(m): 8:20pm On Nov 02, 2011
Mrs, Chima:

That's all? Did you read the ENTIRE list? shocked

yea i read the entire list grin grin

£1 = N260 grin grin grin

fateavon4u:

@ poster,whr exactly r u frm in abia state?.cos d list is very similar 2 d one i used last yr.spend 3,000 dollars on buyin d stuff on d list and its nt including some last minutes shopping and d bring 10k for extra 2 cartons of stella pomade,bring 20k for a very presentable stockfish, i hope your parents r very outspoken becos they(your kindred men particularly) will double everytin cos u r aboard,believe me,am talkin frm exprience.

So I am right then cus $3000 is about £1,880.64

just make sure you have bout 3K to be on a safer side
Re: Help! How Much Do You Think This Marriage List Will Cost? by Scooby1(m): 8:29pm On Nov 02, 2011
emofine:

Sorry to butt in but my curious mind just wants to know what odikwa means? I've heard that word before so it's kinda haunting me now.

Odikwa means " it is"
Re: Help! How Much Do You Think This Marriage List Will Cost? by amyg(f): 8:38pm On Nov 02, 2011
Ewoo!10k God am not an Abian
So if u r dating an abia lady,
Ha ha ha, away
Re: Help! How Much Do You Think This Marriage List Will Cost? by Nobody: 9:23pm On Nov 02, 2011
Op,dats ridiclously exhorbitant in consonance to this prevailing economic depressions. Anywhere budget about 500k in naira.
Re: Help! How Much Do You Think This Marriage List Will Cost? by missgstar2: 10:26pm On Nov 02, 2011
Thank you everyone for your responses. What can I do My father is blaming his kinsman for the list, but he knows my financial standing. But my fiancé and I have decided to do what we can for peace!
Re: Help! How Much Do You Think This Marriage List Will Cost? by r231(m): 10:55pm On Nov 02, 2011
missgstar2:

Thank you everyone for your responses. What can I do My father is blaming his kinsman for the list, but he knows my financial standing. But my fiancé and I have decided to do what we can for peace!

is your fiancée in UK with you?

do you have to go home?

cus i can tell you wedding are very expensive in 9ja

just recovered from mine grin cheesy grin. . . . . if i have to do it again, I will gladly stay here grin grin
Re: Help! How Much Do You Think This Marriage List Will Cost? by fateavon4u(f): 11:04pm On Nov 02, 2011
Sumtin shld b done abt d list of a tin.its ridiculously expensive nd d most annoyin tin is da d men's list is way way more expensive compared 2 women's list, sumtins u cant blame ladies dat dnt even bother 2 do it at all.
Re: Help! How Much Do You Think This Marriage List Will Cost? by MrsChima1(f): 11:25pm On Nov 02, 2011
r231:

do you have to go home?

just recovered from mine grin cheesy grin. . . . . if i have to do it again, I will gladly stay here grin grin

You just recovered? shocked It been a year and you still pained huh? grin
Re: Help! How Much Do You Think This Marriage List Will Cost? by missgstar2: 12:06am On Nov 03, 2011
r231:

do you have to go home?

Yeah my fiancé is here in the uk with me. No, we won't be going. That would just be wOuld just be welcoming bankruptcy! Lol
Re: Help! How Much Do You Think This Marriage List Will Cost? by r231(m): 12:24am On Nov 03, 2011
missgstar2:

Yeah my fiancé is here in the uk with me. No, we won't be going. That would just be wOuld just be welcoming bankruptcy! Lol

wow

so even though you guys are not going home they are still taxing you that much undecided undecided

you guys just go and do a secret registry thingy and leave the 9ja folks out of it cheesy cheesy
Re: Help! How Much Do You Think This Marriage List Will Cost? by HighChief4(m): 2:05am On Nov 03, 2011
There are some things on that list your kinsmen might let go, depends on how cordial your relationship with them is. You can only provide the important ones and request they ignore the rest. Maybe your parents should do that.
Re: Help! How Much Do You Think This Marriage List Will Cost? by missgstar2: 7:04am On Nov 03, 2011
High_Chief:

There are some things on that list your kinsmen might let go, depends on how cordial your relationship with them is. You can only provide the important ones and request they ignore the rest. Maybe your parents should do that.

Apparently this is the standard list! They won't be letting go of anything- my father is far too proud!
Re: Help! How Much Do You Think This Marriage List Will Cost? by fateavon4u(f): 8:45am On Nov 03, 2011
High_Chief:

they wldnt let one tiny tin go,they wld even add more.they hv dis crazy mentality da pple livin in d city r readymade millionaires,in thier twistd minds this is thier time 2 suck u dry nd d fact both of u r aboard will nt make tins beta.ur popc must ready 2 fight nd shout oooo!!!!
Re: Help! How Much Do You Think This Marriage List Will Cost? by donbuchi1(m): 2:19pm On Nov 03, 2011
It is negotiable, Please have that in mind. They might be carried away with the London thing - Pounds & Euro.
I advise you get an experience elder(your father can handle that) to really go bargaining. Don't get angry or carried away with laughter.
Because chances of both occurring are very high. Especially if both bargainers are funny characters

(1) (2) (Reply)

Holy Fornication Between Nuns And Monk / HIV TATOO: If You Can't Read Btw The Lines: You'll Read Btw The Legs-jacob Zuma / Have Women Of Today Lost Their Usefulness?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.