Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,467 members, 7,830,347 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:04 PM

NAFDAC Lists Adulterated Wines, Drinks, Shows Steps To Verify Original Products - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NAFDAC Lists Adulterated Wines, Drinks, Shows Steps To Verify Original Products (45971 Views)

NAFDAC Uncovers Factories In Aba Where Fake Wines And Fizzy Drinks Are Produced. / Lawyer Lists All She Achieved 5 Years After Losing Her Leg In An Accident (Pix) / Adulterated Kerosene Leaves 11-Year-Old Boy Badly Burnt In Akwa Ibom. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NAFDAC Lists Adulterated Wines, Drinks, Shows Steps To Verify Original Products by tctrills: 8:02am On Dec 29, 2023
PandoraObi:
Simple solution, better avoid those criminal elements and their accomplices , anything from Peter Obi people is 80% fake even the fake sympathy and statistics of Peter Obi
Looool I am enjoying this. You can vote for a fake certificate president so please stop crying over fake wine. You deserve it.

1 Like

Re: NAFDAC Lists Adulterated Wines, Drinks, Shows Steps To Verify Original Products by tctrills: 8:04am On Dec 29, 2023
Roger3D:
You're most certainly in support of adulterated goods and no it is not better than skull mining
Funny people. You guys should have a debate. Skull mining vs adulterated goods. You will represent team skull mining.
Re: NAFDAC Lists Adulterated Wines, Drinks, Shows Steps To Verify Original Products by ItisWell22(f): 8:07am On Dec 29, 2023
Meti99:
I came here to learn how to differentiate original from fake, not someone telling me to shine my eyes well and go for the expensive drinks..
How about if the fake sellers also adjust prices of their products..

It is finished

You get! 🤲
Re: NAFDAC Lists Adulterated Wines, Drinks, Shows Steps To Verify Original Products by Mrbenny001: 8:11am On Dec 29, 2023
The supply chains is compromised..the truck and bus drivers, wholesales depot are major culprits

1 Like

Re: NAFDAC Lists Adulterated Wines, Drinks, Shows Steps To Verify Original Products by ItisWell22(f): 8:12am On Dec 29, 2023
drololaaof:

An important thing to note are
1. The body of the bottles for the fake products are scratched because of recycling.
2. The content will not be clear, in genuine drink one can nearly see through.
3 . The cork can also be of poor quality
4. The usual pressure from genuine products when opened will be absent
5. Taste .
Weldone NAFDAC but there were some carrying fake NAFDAC number.
Fake and substandard drugs in the abound, help us

Thanks for your more realistic list, which is SMARTer than what NAFDAC listed up there.
And @ the emboldened, exactly.
Re: NAFDAC Lists Adulterated Wines, Drinks, Shows Steps To Verify Original Products by YesGodcan(m): 8:26am On Dec 29, 2023
There is nothing like that ur question!

Ur question is the same thing as "u went to the market to buy caw but the seller sold goat to u at the price of caw"

Who is to blame here? Na u wey ur head no dey normal na grin no insult yet.

Las las

Contact me for smart ideas and uncommon advice in all areas of life

jayAjoku:
No vex o so if you pay vodka money #13000 for #1000 kai kai and later find out it’s Kai kai will you be happy? Na question o abeg no insult me o
Re: NAFDAC Lists Adulterated Wines, Drinks, Shows Steps To Verify Original Products by Gentlesoul2021(m): 8:32am On Dec 29, 2023
Starships4u:
Why is Arsenal and Tottenham loosing this night?

Useless Tottenham
Re: NAFDAC Lists Adulterated Wines, Drinks, Shows Steps To Verify Original Products by IamANigerianMan: 8:45am On Dec 29, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Well done job by NAFDAC.

The leaders of the Eziukwu Market (Cemetery Market) in Aba, Abia State are more likely aware and involved in this crime. This is one of the reasons to shut down the Eziukwu Market (Cemetery Market) in Aba, Abia State for long until NAFDAC opens an office unit there.

FG must apprehend and prosecute everyone involved in this crime and the important public message below must be promoted on all media channels to help the citizens and protect them from consuming the adulterated ones already in circulation.

“NAFDAC wishes to advice that the members of the public should shine their eyes during this yuletide season. We are using this medium to appeal to Nigerians to buy only NAFDAC registered drinks from reputable and licenced retailers, bars and supermarkets.

“If the product is being sold well below its normal price, or doesn’t seem to include normal taxes on liquors, then it is probably fake. Check for poor quality packaging, spelling mistakes and unusually shaped bottles. Look for the contact information and address of the manufacturer. If it is missing, the alcohol is fake.

“Inspect the seal on the bottle. If the seal is broken or damaged, then the contents might have been interfered with and are not safe to drink. Check for fake bar codes. If you have an app on your mobile that scans bar codes, scan it and see if it’s listed as the correct product and beware of bad smells! If it smells like paint stripper or nail polish remover, then it probably is!”

All the enemies of Nigeria will lose las las. They always lose. God bless Nigeria for ever!Check my signature for free stuffs!
The problem is from Nafdac, 99% of anything from outside Nigeria approved by NAFDAC are produced like this especially China... NAFDAC cost of approval is too much, in the economy that needs people contribution now, if you try to register your product with NAFDAC they demand millions of naira for what? NAFDAC should bring that the cost of the registration to allow people to come out and register and monitor their product...
Re: NAFDAC Lists Adulterated Wines, Drinks, Shows Steps To Verify Original Products by reddingtonblack: 8:50am On Dec 29, 2023
nedu666:
What rubbish info is this? So you can't even show the difference between the real and fake products rather you are talking about selling below market prices and lack of vat on products. How is the supposed to help identify fake products if you don't display samples of the real one and the fake one you recovered

You can't really blame Nafdac here, product authentication should be the primary responsibility of Manufacturers

The manufacturers are in the best position to creat authentication, sensitize customers and ensure there product can easily ve distinguished from fake

for instance, How will Nafdac explain fake Malta Guinness when manufacturer made no secure provision ??, the onions is on the manufacturer to provide hi-tech means of authentication that is what Nafdac will use next time to sensitize the public
Re: NAFDAC Lists Adulterated Wines, Drinks, Shows Steps To Verify Original Products by adicius: 8:52am On Dec 29, 2023
Do not but anything from them, their shops or anything they sell. You are taking unnecessary risk if you do. I have stopped buying anything from them (ibos) for 2 years now and it serves me well. Adopt the same policy. Don't buy anything from the sad easterners. Hit them where it hurts. In the pocket. you have been warned. They will learn the hard way.
Re: NAFDAC Lists Adulterated Wines, Drinks, Shows Steps To Verify Original Products by nnamdi640: 8:57am On Dec 29, 2023
adicius:
Do not but anything from them, their shops or anything they sell. You are taking unnecessary risk if you do. I have stopped buying anything from them (ibos) for 2 years now and it serves me well. Adopt the same policy. Don't buy anything from the sad easterners. Hit them where it hurts. In the pocket. you have been warned. They will learn the hard way.
Uncivilized behavior, who give a damn whether you buy from them or not.
Re: NAFDAC Lists Adulterated Wines, Drinks, Shows Steps To Verify Original Products by reddingtonblack: 9:06am On Dec 29, 2023
sirchim:
Am just ashamed of many comments I have read so far. What a tribalistic country? And many of them called themselves graduates. Is really a pity, school never passed through them at all, they only went to mark register. Must everything in this God damn country, turn into a TRIBAL war? How will the citizens of other countries, feel to see we don't even love ourselves. Why don't we all CONDEMN this evil act and just save our breath, rather than all these noises. Meanwhile, the main CRIMINALS and EVIL one's, called poliTHIEFcians are at the top doing the worse, while we celebrate them. There was a country INDEED!

Maybe you are right but at the same time i want to assume the only reason you wrote these epistle is becos you felt "attacked" from tribal angle

Sometimes condemnation in general don't work as much as being specific or put a Name on it, ...

if you remove mucus from the eye don't just assume the eye sees it already, show it to the eye make e no say e no good before you fling it,

Even when Dora akunyili was alive fighting the fake drug war, she was specific on the region why fool ourselves

1 Like

Re: NAFDAC Lists Adulterated Wines, Drinks, Shows Steps To Verify Original Products by cokeryusuf09(m): 9:06am On Dec 29, 2023
ssogundele:
Guys, let everyone if you can download the barcode scanner from playstore and use it to scan any product you're buying. Take your time to do that. Scan the barcode on the products and check on the web by pressing the search on the barcode scanner after you might scan it. It worth it o. I only pity our people in the villages that got no internet access.
Downloading a bar code scanner is even dicey, some of the self are not giving confirmation
Re: NAFDAC Lists Adulterated Wines, Drinks, Shows Steps To Verify Original Products by reddingtonblack: 9:23am On Dec 29, 2023
worksmart:
NAFDAC is being insincere.
They allow lots of toxic dangerous chemicals, additives or ingredients in almost all processed food.

So don't think that they are raiding these drink manufacturers because they care about health of Nigerians.

This is about capturing these manufacturers who are evading tax.

Let's see this matter in the proper perspective.

The main accredited brands are allowed by NAFDAC to sell toxic unsafe products as long as they are paying taxes and paying bribes.

You are just spewing gibberish, if NAFDAC are the ones collecting taxes then what is the job of FIRS,

those being arrested are they producing there own product or they are adulterating accredited branded products

Some of you are very sick in the head, some clowns are mixing chalk to produce paracetamol and those are the people you called "Manufacturer"

We are talking adulteration of popular brands and you are crying tax evasion, you must be sick
Re: NAFDAC Lists Adulterated Wines, Drinks, Shows Steps To Verify Original Products by sirchim(m): 9:30am On Dec 29, 2023
reddingtonblack:

Maybe you are right but at the same time i want to assume the only reason you wrote these epistle is becos you felt "attacked" from tribal angle

Sometimes condemnation in general don't work as much as being specific or put a Name on it, ...

if you remove mucus from the eye don't just assume the eye sees it already, show it to the eye make e no say e no good before you fling it,

Even when Dora akunyili was alive fighting the fake drug war, she was specific on the region why fool ourselves
Oga, read my epistle again, I believe you will see where I called it an EVIL ACT. I CONDEMNED it. Is really wrong.
Re: NAFDAC Lists Adulterated Wines, Drinks, Shows Steps To Verify Original Products by Realist777: 9:42am On Dec 29, 2023
Iykopee:
Not in support of adulterated beverages and anything fake but this is better than skull mining grin grin
How is it better?
This is more like comparing the dangers of quack pharmaceutical companies and doctors.

1 Like

Re: NAFDAC Lists Adulterated Wines, Drinks, Shows Steps To Verify Original Products by sirchim(m): 9:50am On Dec 29, 2023
reddingtonblack:

Mallam, who told you am from the East? Am born Arewa, born in Tudun Wada. I CONDEMNED the EVIL ACT, but everything mustn't be a tribal war. They say we are from Boko Haram region, we are not educated, but I laugh over it, because am educated, despite Boko Haram, means "EDUCATION IS FORBIDDEN,'' I got the Education, because I know is very vital in one's life.
Re: NAFDAC Lists Adulterated Wines, Drinks, Shows Steps To Verify Original Products by Makamatic: 9:51am On Dec 29, 2023
ednut1:
There should be a barcode to scan and verify

Bros ooo .. what if na the original bottle but fake content how we want take know ...

Na onigode they buy empty bottles they sell give them ooo
Re: NAFDAC Lists Adulterated Wines, Drinks, Shows Steps To Verify Original Products by sirchim(m): 9:55am On Dec 29, 2023
Telltruth123:

But selling fake products is too bad even your people sell fake baby drugs. Haaa, I fear your people and they will carry bible and go to church on Sundays
Well, am born Arewa. And I also CONDEMNED the EVIL ACT. Am only, trying to say that everything must not be a tribal war. Magana gaskiya ne.
Re: NAFDAC Lists Adulterated Wines, Drinks, Shows Steps To Verify Original Products by sirchim(m): 10:05am On Dec 29, 2023
Coldspice:

You couldn't condemn merchants of fake products, you are now lying that you are not Igbo.
Who else defends criminals if not you people?

The problem with you Igbos is that you think you are smart but you end up disgracing yourself.
Are you not the one here?
Mallam, I can use any name, I want on this platform. Of course, I claimed to be Igbo, under that name, and am not denying that. It was me. But, I have let you know am an AREWA, that's my origin, so leave it or take it, I don't care.
Re: NAFDAC Lists Adulterated Wines, Drinks, Shows Steps To Verify Original Products by Ogunleti01: 11:03am On Dec 29, 2023
Iykopee:
Not in support of adulterated beverages and anything fake but this is better than skull mining grin grin
Empty skull! but you prefer people coming down with cancer and kidney failure from your devilish business of producing adulterated wines and soft drinks

1 Like

Re: NAFDAC Lists Adulterated Wines, Drinks, Shows Steps To Verify Original Products by Fearyourcreator: 11:27am On Dec 29, 2023
Iykopee:
Just listen to yourself
Re: NAFDAC Lists Adulterated Wines, Drinks, Shows Steps To Verify Original Products by MrSly(m): 11:46am On Dec 29, 2023
Roger3D:
You're most certainly in support of adulterated goods and no it is not better than skull mining
Of course you are in full support of skull minning.
Re: NAFDAC Lists Adulterated Wines, Drinks, Shows Steps To Verify Original Products by Never4getU: 11:55am On Dec 29, 2023
nedu666:

Empty boast like your death to lsreal chants

One of the accomplice is spotted
Re: NAFDAC Lists Adulterated Wines, Drinks, Shows Steps To Verify Original Products by reddingtonblack: 12:11pm On Dec 29, 2023
sirchim:
Mallam, who told you am from the East? Am born Arewa, born in Tudun Wada. I CONDEMNED the EVIL ACT, but everything mustn't be a tribal war. They say we are from Boko Haram region, we are not educated, but I laugh over it, because am educated, despite Boko Haram, means "EDUCATION IS FORBIDDEN,'' I got the Education, because I know is very vital in one's life.

How you chose to translate it is entirely your "Problem" ... in Nig its not a News that the region that dominate fake & counterfeit products/manufacturing are the Easterners .... misconstrue the truth as tribalism or whatever doesnt change anything.
whoever is pained should talk sense into his/her tribesmen

Insurgency is pertinent to the north, and those saying North are not educated aint far from the truth considering the literate ratio to the uneducated in the North.
That you are educated as a Northerner doesnt change the fact that, Majority of the northerners are illiterate

1 Like

Re: NAFDAC Lists Adulterated Wines, Drinks, Shows Steps To Verify Original Products by myforty68: 12:12pm On Dec 29, 2023
Own way is to destroy empty bottles so no way to reuse them. Worth the effort

1 Like

Re: NAFDAC Lists Adulterated Wines, Drinks, Shows Steps To Verify Original Products by fineboynl(m): 12:17pm On Dec 29, 2023
santakris:
Popsi came to mind
lol and you already finished drinking it

1 Like

Re: NAFDAC Lists Adulterated Wines, Drinks, Shows Steps To Verify Original Products by Menclothing: 1:44pm On Dec 29, 2023
RingRoadCartel:
NAFDAC died with Aunty Dora. The new DG is just as useless as the "P" in Psychology

Who killed Dora ?

She was killed by producers of fake products
Re: NAFDAC Lists Adulterated Wines, Drinks, Shows Steps To Verify Original Products by Leo81(m): 2:16pm On Dec 29, 2023
Those involve should be sentence to death by firing squad..
This is wickedness at it's peak.

1 Like

Re: NAFDAC Lists Adulterated Wines, Drinks, Shows Steps To Verify Original Products by XAUBulls: 3:27pm On Dec 29, 2023
sukkot:
nna maneeeee cry cry
cheesy grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: NAFDAC Lists Adulterated Wines, Drinks, Shows Steps To Verify Original Products by XAUBulls: 4:36pm On Dec 29, 2023
sukkot:
how about ebeanos ? is it safe ? compliments of the season to you
Hey Sukkot baba. Compliments of the season to you and I wish you an AWESOME 2024 ahead!

Did you read about the arrest of another criminal gang of fake wine and juice makers in a very filthy environment in the Ojo area of Lagos last week by NAFDAC and the police?
=>https://www.nairaland.com/7945085/fake-drink-factory-discovered-lagos/

To you question... Ebeano in Canada would definitely be well regulated... Conforming to the high standards of that country. However, the Ebeano branch in Lekki may have been infiltrated by a few of the expired products which were repacked by these creeps in warehouses just like other retail and wholesalers may have fallen victim.
The co-founder of Ebeano is from Agbor in Delta State and not from the core South East so I'm sure he knows the value of service to clients and total quality management.

It's just better to watch out for any clues that will give a food product away as fake.

Enjoy your holidays Sukkot.

I guess

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

COVID-19: We Have Madagascar’s Herb Extract In Nigeria — Osagie Ehnaire / I Lost My Friend To Chronic Kidney Disease, His Last Whatsapp Chat With Me / Soweto Gay Teen Commits Suicide After Teacher Calls Him "Sissy Boy" (PICS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.