Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:08 AM

Pls Need The Best Advice On How To Approach This Issue, I really do like him - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Pls Need The Best Advice On How To Approach This Issue, I really do like him (3403 Views)

Issue: I Have Been M@st*rbating For A Long Time Now, How Can I Stop It (i Need H / This Is Sensitive/serious Issue I Need Advice Pls. / How To Approach A Girl On The First Day? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Need The Best Advice On How To Approach This Issue, I really do like him by Georgialuv: 8:36pm On Nov 02, 2011
There is a guy specifically an auditor, so decent and gentle I admire at work and think I do like him. Someone I don't mind getting to know more outside the office, a date etc but the problem is I think he is shy. I told a boss of mine that I was interested and he said he would help us come together. According to him, the guy really does like me and he has even come to approach me that he would call me to talk tonight and all that but I'm thinking, how would he call me when he doesn't have my number? lol
Now my boss says before the end of the week, he would come to me and we would go out but when i see him at work, we act so shy towards each other and sometimes don't even get to gist.
I want to know the best way to approach this without seeming too forward or should I just forget about it?
Re: Pls Need The Best Advice On How To Approach This Issue, I really do like him by sexylogan(m): 8:51pm On Nov 02, 2011
You hav to put aside your shyness and ask him directly for his number. Think of anything. Something like you need his advise on somethin bt now's nt the ryt tym becuz you've got wrk to do at the moment so cud he pls give u his number so that u can call him later? You've gotta try. This may be your one chance at true love so don't blow it. Best of luck.
Re: Pls Need The Best Advice On How To Approach This Issue, I really do like him by Georgialuv: 9:41pm On Nov 02, 2011
sexylogan:

You hav to put aside your shyness and ask him directly for his number. Think of anything. Something like you need his advise on somethin bt now's nt the ryt tym becuz you've got wrk to do at the moment so cud he pls give u his number so that u can call him later? You've gotta try. This may be your one chance at true love so don't blow it. Best of luck.

Ok but what would I really talk to him about without knowing his interest? Is he really interested in knowing me as he couldn't even get my number? But would be smiling n tell me we would talk one on one but still nothing
Re: Pls Need The Best Advice On How To Approach This Issue, I really do like him by mashnino(m): 9:47pm On Nov 02, 2011
all the guy said above is okay. but he's shyness should not be taken for his general behaviour i mean, he may be a bera lover but very poor at approaching women. so like the guy said above drop all ya shyness and talk to him. if you are waitin for him madamme you go tire to dey wait
Re: Pls Need The Best Advice On How To Approach This Issue, I really do like him by ArQueBusieR(m): 9:49pm On Nov 02, 2011
Nerds. angry
Re: Pls Need The Best Advice On How To Approach This Issue, I really do like him by Georgialuv: 12:00am On Nov 03, 2011
mashnino:

all the guy said above is okay. but he's shyness should not be taken for his general behaviour i mean, he may be a bera lover but very poor at approaching women. so like the guy said above drop all ya shyness and talk to him. if you are waitin for him madamme you go tire to dey wait

Ok but what if I ask and he turns me down? Lol,  I guess i'll try by friday at most to get the number but I wonder what to discuss with him,  Cannot just tell him I like him,

ArQueBusieR:

Nerds. angry

why?
Re: Pls Need The Best Advice On How To Approach This Issue, I really do like him by mashnino(m): 2:18am On Nov 03, 2011
^^and you also can't plan on what to disquss with him, make it look like a process, try and talk about sumting maybe work stuff or life issues like that and if he falls for the gist well then u can kip talkin bt dnt talk much oo, else he will be scard of you.
Re: Pls Need The Best Advice On How To Approach This Issue, I really do like him by Georgialuv: 5:48am On Nov 03, 2011
mashnino:

^^and you also can't plan on what to disquss with him, make it look like a process, try and talk about sumting maybe work stuff or life issues like that and if he falls for the gist well then u can kip talkin bt dnt talk much oo, else he will be scard of you.

Wouldn't it be weird that after about a month or 2, it's now I'm talking to him about life, work etc? It's suspicious lol even though I know that my boss has discussed with him in trying to get us together
Re: Pls Need The Best Advice On How To Approach This Issue, I really do like him by femmy2010(m): 6:49am On Nov 03, 2011
Initiate a work related discussion with him,repeat this 2-3 times within a week as I am sure this would help break down his shy wall.
Re: Pls Need The Best Advice On How To Approach This Issue, I really do like him by Nobody: 9:03am On Nov 03, 2011
I hope the guy is actually interested in you because most times no matter how shy a guy is, he communicates it one way or the other to the object of his affection. I would advise that you start with general talks, get him into series of conversation that way you break down the walls. Look good, smell good, always look attractive at work from hair to shoes.Exhibit good character too. He just has to like you.
Re: Pls Need The Best Advice On How To Approach This Issue, I really do like him by Sijo01(f): 9:16am On Nov 03, 2011
If u'r convinced he really liked u, i will advise u paid him a surprise visit in his office. few minute to launch time walked into his office wit some refreshment (soft drinks 'two bottle' dnt 4gt an opener plz). b bold &confident, sit witout him asking u to, open one of d bottle & start drinking tell him to help himself wit d oda bottle 'dnt 4get 2wear a smile'.

ask him diz question - WHY ARE U ALWAYS SHY AROUND ME/WEN U SEE ME?

he must hav somfin 2say, den u pick it up 4rm dere.

gudluck!
Re: Pls Need The Best Advice On How To Approach This Issue, I really do like him by freecocoa(f): 9:21am On Nov 03, 2011
Sweerry there's no biggy In chatting a guy up,all you need do is be your real self and start up a simple general convo,just don't try to force anything,if you are able to gist with him for at least 10 mins,you should be able to discern if he was interested in talking to you or not,just pay attention to how he responded to you.
If it were to be me,this would be like chewing gum(for reals) you don't have to ask him out or anything,just try to make him understand you don't mind starting a friendship with him,from there on you both can take it to the next level,
Re: Pls Need The Best Advice On How To Approach This Issue, I really do like him by Candid2011: 11:23am On Nov 03, 2011
I believe that the best approach to this, is first of all find out if he has a serious date,my reason is supposing he has, at the tail end it will be difficult for both of you to come together as lovers, the other one (lady) will pose as a big problem.
Now to the main business ie how to make him understand that you are interested in him, let me outline them for you.

1. just like one of the nairalanders said, introduce any work related gist e.g how are you getting on with the work,this year is fast coming to an end where/how will you spend your xmass, just something that will not last long (i mean the gist), let it just fade away that day,

2. few days, approach him again & fabricate any story e.g that one of your friends want to buy a car,that she sought for your opinion on the brand, you being a woman hardly know things like that, now don't finish the GIST that day tell him you want to go and do something for a moment hope to be back soon. go to him the next day or two days after to continue from where you stopped, in between your discussion try and be humorous (make him laugh) at times,
you find out that in all these period of gisting there will be some kind of FAMILIARITY, he will now be the one to ask of your phone number and not be shy anymore, Now,anytime he is not with you from that moment, he will be missing you, wishing you are around to make him laugh and care for him

3. Lastly don't rush take it step by step , you will discover that things will just fall into place as you expect it, Cheers!!
Re: Pls Need The Best Advice On How To Approach This Issue, I really do like him by Georgialuv: 12:46pm On Nov 03, 2011
Thanks guysssssss for all the advice and approaches, would try those

But also the people we are working with and the other auditors with him make it much harder for us to even strike a friendly conversation.  You know how people gossip and would become suspicious if they see just us talking and that is the kind of setting that is more comfortable.

Every little chance I (we)get, I would wish he would quickly ask for my number or drop his on my table without others looking 'cos this is still an official setting/environment with different people.
Re: Pls Need The Best Advice On How To Approach This Issue, I really do like him by Zhedoga: 5:34pm On Nov 03, 2011
just try t become his best friend by helping him understand how what it takes to be a man. and begin to develop your interest on the thinngs the your man likes and before you know it the guy falls in a perfect love
Re: Pls Need The Best Advice On How To Approach This Issue, I really do like him by omega25red(m): 6:29pm On Nov 03, 2011
ArQueBusieR:

Nerds. angry
for the win grin grin grin
Re: Pls Need The Best Advice On How To Approach This Issue, I really do like him by KacHemNaU(m): 7:02pm On Nov 03, 2011
Zhedoga:

just try t become his best friend by helping him understand how what it takes to be a man. and begin to develop your interest on the thinngs the your man likes and before you know it the guy falls in a perfect love
love birds, Wish i could do the same thing
Re: Pls Need The Best Advice On How To Approach This Issue, I really do like him by Nobody: 8:02pm On Nov 03, 2011
Your boss's nice for trying to set you up. Shy guys are cute, especially if they're shy around you. It's even worse if you're shy yourself because things can just get really awkward when you see each other and try to talk, lol. The next time you see him, smile and say hello, and hopefully you would be able to get a little conversation going. There's nothing wrong with you breaking the ice first. At the same time, if a guy's really interested in you, even if he's super shy, he would still find a way to summon up the courage to talk to you.
Re: Pls Need The Best Advice On How To Approach This Issue, I really do like him by Georgialuv: 8:33pm On Nov 03, 2011
Yield:

Your boss's nice for trying to set you up. Shy guys are cute, especially if they're shy around you. It's even worse if you're shy yourself because things can just get really awkward when you see each other and try to talk, lol. The next time you see him, smile and say hello, and hopefully you would be able to get a little conversation going. There's nothing wrong with you breaking the ice first. At the same time, if a guy's really interested in you, even if he's super shy, he would still find a way to summon up the courage to talk to you.

We've been able to talk every now and then though he has not been able to get my number or ask me for it even when he said he would call me tonight to talk and also we were having a conversation today or about to when his partner, the other auditor came in and winked so we stopped and I left lol
Re: Pls Need The Best Advice On How To Approach This Issue, I really do like him by Nobody: 8:50am On Nov 04, 2011
why not just ask for his number
Re: Pls Need The Best Advice On How To Approach This Issue, I really do like him by tellwisdom: 9:07am On Nov 04, 2011
[size=19pt]Georgialuv, I knw u very welll angry angry angry. I have this IP linked with the other one. WHY?? angry angry[/size]
Re: Pls Need The Best Advice On How To Approach This Issue, I really do like him by Nobody: 9:31am On Nov 04, 2011
Girls wil always be girls!
Re: Pls Need The Best Advice On How To Approach This Issue, I really do like him by apo1l: 9:34am On Nov 04, 2011
I think you should greet him first. Smile and greet hello and talk about the weather or something. Just break the ice.

If he's shy, he might have thought that you are way out of his league. So be approachable. Be sassy.
Re: Pls Need The Best Advice On How To Approach This Issue, I really do like him by Anoneism(m): 10:36am On Nov 04, 2011
Voicing dis out was a gud step in d right drection.pls by tryin 2initiate conversatn wit him b mindful nt 2reduce ursf b4 him,try n place value on ursf cuz' sum guys wil abuse such step especialy if taken by a lady.make it luk as if u ar nt craving 4him bt jst wanna b his frd.in dat case he wil acord u sum dignity nd on d long run he wil tell u wat u wana hear.best of luk
Re: Pls Need The Best Advice On How To Approach This Issue, I really do like him by mployer(m): 10:46am On Nov 04, 2011
here is a guy specifically an auditor, so decent and gentle I admire at work and think I do like him. Someone I don't mind getting to know more outside the office, a date etc but the problem is I think he is shy. I told a boss of mine that I was interested and he said he would help us come together. According to him, the guy really does like me and he has even come to approach me that he would call me to talk tonight and all that but I'm thinking, how would he call me when he doesn't have my number? lol
Now my boss says before the end of the week, he would come to me and we would go out but when i see him at work, we act so shy towards each other and sometimes don't even get to gist.
I want to know the best way to approach this without seeming too forward or should I just forget about it?

People become friends [/b]first before [b]lovers and not the other way round. You can't gist, then you are not friends yet. Concentrate on that first. Friendship sustains both relationship and marriage more than other tactics and manipulations.
Re: Pls Need The Best Advice On How To Approach This Issue, I really do like him by Cuddlemii: 1:21pm On Nov 04, 2011
I think a simple conversation would do. Just have a chat with him from there tell him you both work in the same place & yet you don't have eachothers numbers that it would be handy in case of emergencies, God forbid & above all he is your friend.

From a conversation to a telephone conversation, the rest is history. Your boss setting you both up is a very wise decision as it would divert the shyness from the guy and the fear of approach from you. It would put both of you on the same balance so you start relating free or slightly freely. Best of luck, I know it would work out fine.
Re: Pls Need The Best Advice On How To Approach This Issue, I really do like him by Georgialuv: 2:20pm On Nov 04, 2011
Cuddlemii:

I think a simple conversation would do. Just have a chat with him from there tell him you both work in the same place & yet you don't have eachothers numbers that it would be handy in case of emergencies, God forbid & above all he is your friend.

From a conversation to a telephone conversation, the rest is history. Your boss setting you both up is a very wise decision as it would divert the shyness from the guy and the fear of approach from you. It would put both of you on the same balance so you start relating free or slightly freely. Best of luck, I know it would work out fine.

Lol We don't work in the same place. He is an auditor for my Company and wouldn't be here all through
Re: Pls Need The Best Advice On How To Approach This Issue, I really do like him by Nobody: 3:10pm On Nov 04, 2011
^if you can't treat him like a normal human and simply call him, then stop the whining on here. Leave the poor boy alone! Okay?
Re: Pls Need The Best Advice On How To Approach This Issue, I really do like him by Georgialuv: 3:49pm On Nov 04, 2011
sauer:

^if you can't treat him like a normal human and simply call him, then stop the whining on here. Leave the poor boy alone! Okay?

What do you mean Call him with what like I have his number? And who is whining?
Re: Pls Need The Best Advice On How To Approach This Issue, I really do like him by duchess4: 4:11pm On Nov 04, 2011
Why dnt you try and get his email address or something undecided
Re: Pls Need The Best Advice On How To Approach This Issue, I really do like him by Cuddlemii: 5:42pm On Nov 04, 2011
~duchess~:

Why dnt you try and get his email address or something undecided

BB pin won't be a bad idea too. These days so many ways of communication.

Georgialuv:

Lol We don't work in the same place. He is an auditor for my Company and wouldn't be here all through

Ok that is even better cos office romance sometimes has its hurdles & hiccups. Well I suggest you let you boss link you guys up but if you ever have an opportunity to chat with him, just ask for his contacts. The world is very advanced and matured men don't take adv of anything. All would work out fine, its obvious.
Re: Pls Need The Best Advice On How To Approach This Issue, I really do like him by nice4life: 2:51am On Nov 05, 2011
@op
the guy is not interested in you.I am a very very shy guy but not when I see a woman that I like.Taking a girls number is d first step for any guy, even the very shy ones wont find this a hard thing to do.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Tell My Religiously Strict Mother That I Am Pregnant? / Women Are Trash / Who Got More Swag Between These Guys???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.