Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,231 members, 7,846,093 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 10:36 AM

Soyinka: People Are So Power-Driven, Can't Accept They Didn't Win An Election - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soyinka: People Are So Power-Driven, Can't Accept They Didn't Win An Election (20624 Views)

Oba saga: You want 2 create 3rd World War because Obi didn't win - Taiwo to OBJ / "I Didn't Win Obaseki": Kabaka Kneels, Asks Gov. Obaseki To Forgive Him (Video) / Restructuring: I Won’t Cede Power To Those Who Didn't Win Elections - Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soyinka: People Are So Power-Driven, Can't Accept They Didn't Win An Election by Sermwell(m): 8:52am On Jan 21
maasoap:

You seemed to have forgotten how the words" onion bandits" was coined. Igbos are hardworking people, they don't kidnap for ransom, rob or push drugs grin grin grin
So you mean the people shouting "Ebi nkpa wa oh" will now be the ones to give Igbos food?? The joke is on you really grin cheesy cheesy

7 Likes

Re: Soyinka: People Are So Power-Driven, Can't Accept They Didn't Win An Election by Dougad: 8:53am On Jan 21
I thought this old, decrepit bastard was supposed to be smart. If you no like comments wey people dey do, add them to your block list or log the fûck out.

Every month e dey do cry cry baby interviews "obidents wah wah wah 😭😭". "They hurt my fee fee 😭😭" "obi oo wah 😭".

Useless old fool think say because e friend dey on seat, everybody suppose to dey sing e praises.

Things weren't even half as bad as they are now when he criticised Jonathan's government and threw rabid insults at him and his wife. Yet this supposed nobel laureate expects only people like him to have that right and he keeps projecting his fascistic tendencies by labeling others as such.

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka: People Are So Power-Driven, Can't Accept They Didn't Win An Election by Hedonisco: 8:53am On Jan 21
This old maggot disgusts me to the high heavens. To think he was once erroneously considered a thought leader and conscience of the people.

Of all the pressing issues concerning even the fraudulent Tinubu, and the numerous crises affecting the masses, the only topic he insists on discussing is obidient this, social media that, or Datti this or Obi that. This is provocative.

Very useless bastard.

5 Likes

Re: Soyinka: People Are So Power-Driven, Can't Accept They Didn't Win An Election by foleskay(m): 8:58am On Jan 21
Chinedumejoooo:
.... with due respect,this man has lose it
Yes.. Same way u also ''lose' your English undecided

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: People Are So Power-Driven, Can't Accept They Didn't Win An Election by NOwazobia: 9:01am On Jan 21
This one is now running mad...

Used politics to destroy his cultist Laurette... undecided

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka: People Are So Power-Driven, Can't Accept They Didn't Win An Election by Sccarrr: 9:01am On Jan 21
Jovi10:

Shut your mouth Oga. Did he call the wife of a sitting President shipopotamus on social media or not?
ask Google wailer
Re: Soyinka: People Are So Power-Driven, Can't Accept They Didn't Win An Election by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 9:01am On Jan 21
KEVIND:
He was very vocal against Jonathan's govt when dollar was N180/$1 but became very quiet in Buhari's govt & Tinubu's. It seems Soyinka new job is to attack the youths who are venting their displeasure against maladministration.

When will he speak on the insecurities & acute hunger ravaging the land.

Don't mind the abaya. He isn't speaking against Tinubu maladministration

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soyinka: People Are So Power-Driven, Can't Accept They Didn't Win An Election by Negroid001(m): 9:02am On Jan 21
And Nairaland too.
Re: Soyinka: People Are So Power-Driven, Can't Accept They Didn't Win An Election by seguno2: 9:03am On Jan 21
fergie001:
Barbarians Have Taken Over Social Media - Soyinka

Who is the capo di tutti i capi or Godfather of barbarians in our country, if not this one who helped make Buhari and Tinubu president to choke life out of 200 million Nigerians

Soyinka: Nigerians must forgive Buhari’s past

https://thenationonlineng.net/soyinka-nigerians-must-forgive-buharis-past-2/amp/

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soyinka: People Are So Power-Driven, Can't Accept They Didn't Win An Election by Dougad: 9:03am On Jan 21
tollyboy5:

Tinubu is Soyinka friend, he believe in his friend political leadership

And his pretentious dubious nature will be called out. If he pain am make e hug transformer.

When he came out to oppose Jonathan and call him names, he did it under the guise of a supposed declining economy. Buhari entered the seat and proceeded to give Nigerians the worst economy since the Country's inception, yet the old fool remained silent. Tinubu is in the same category and the "smart iq professor" has turned his ire towards the people that doing the same very thing he did to Jonathan.

He should have simply had the balls back then in 2014 so say that his reason for supporting APC was cos of his friend Tinubu and not any rubbish declining economy. By now his glaring desire for an overfed belly would have been known and he would have been tossed in the FFK category of anywhere belle face when he airs his opinion to the public.

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka: People Are So Power-Driven, Can't Accept They Didn't Win An Election by kenchop: 9:04am On Jan 21
YES THE BARBARIANS HAVE CHASED THE USELESS PIRATES OFF THE SOCIAL MEDIA SPACE.

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka: People Are So Power-Driven, Can't Accept They Didn't Win An Election by tete7000(m): 9:05am On Jan 21
Obakoolex:
All I know is that the barbarians have taken over nairaland and they are quick to insult a successful elderly they lack in their generation

When an elderly refuses to align with the truth and drags issues with those far below him in age and achievements, he will be insulted. Silence sometimes they say is golden.
Prof. Wole Soyinka has penchant for being petty. He involves himself in matters too trivial for him. Social media is a social space where the good, the bad and the ugly are free to air their opinion, he can't do nagga about that! People will always have opinions, sometimes very contrary to his, and they are free to air that in a democratic setting. He himself had insulted people on media space before and nobody crucified him for doing that. He called a sitting President Shina Rambo (In one open letter he wrote to Obasanjo while the later was a sitting President), he referred to a sitting President wife as Shepopotamus, we were all alive and witnessed that, has he forgotten?
If people, young people have become barbarians, it's because old men like him led the way and showed them examples of how to rebel against sitting authorities. If you are still in doubt, ask the erudite professor why they formed pirates in their days in university. Pirate is a symbol of rebellion to constituted authority.
Those who live in glass house don't throw stones.

3 Likes

Re: Soyinka: People Are So Power-Driven, Can't Accept They Didn't Win An Election by VaginaAcademic: 9:05am On Jan 21
Soyinka wey start cultism with so much violence and bloodshed dey open mouth dey yarn rubbish educated old fool

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka: People Are So Power-Driven, Can't Accept They Didn't Win An Election by ambale(m): 9:07am On Jan 21
All these still boils to one thing, government failure in investing in education

Many people online are half educated, cos our learning centres are absolutely dustbin

So when you don't train people well, how then do you expect them to behave accordingly?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soyinka: People Are So Power-Driven, Can't Accept They Didn't Win An Election by Coolestguy2023: 9:07am On Jan 21
datola:

Who is a fool between you and one of the world's greatest intellectual

You are a good example of the barbarian he talked about!

Don't mind. I wonder how the child of a no body would hide behind the keyboard to insult a Prof

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: People Are So Power-Driven, Can't Accept They Didn't Win An Election by Konskott(m): 9:08am On Jan 21
That's the beauty of social media. IG you can't stand the heat, quit or better still Japa. SOC media is interactive media. You have the good, the bad and the ugly. These features are exactly why social media is interesting. Social media cannot be for the elites alone. Perhaps this is what you want. Sorry, it can't be so. If social media pains you, delete your account and remain forever in darkness. Bullshit.

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka: People Are So Power-Driven, Can't Accept They Didn't Win An Election by kenex4ever(m): 9:09am On Jan 21
HE HAS NO CREDIBILITY AGAIN. A DROWNING MAN, LOOKING FOR WHAT TO HOLD ONTO.

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka: People Are So Power-Driven, Can't Accept They Didn't Win An Election by happney65: 9:11am On Jan 21
KEVIND:
He was very vocal against Jonathan's govt when dollar was N180/$1 but became very quiet in Buhari's govt & Tinubu's. It seems Soyinka new job is to attack the youths who are venting their displeasure against maladministration.

When will he speak on the insecurities & acute hunger ravaging the land.

He said he will talk after a year. grin

Agbaya oshi..
Re: Soyinka: People Are So Power-Driven, Can't Accept They Didn't Win An Election by newnigerdelta00: 9:13am On Jan 21
fergie001:

SOURCE

Exactly
Re: Soyinka: People Are So Power-Driven, Can't Accept They Didn't Win An Election by Great0ne1: 9:18am On Jan 21
This useless gbajue cornfessor again ? Soyinka can we talk about our dwindling economy ? Soyinka let's discuss our out of control inflation ? Soyinka can we discuss the wanton insecurity going on, under this government you have supported? Soyinka, can we discuss the effect of fuel subsidy removal on small businesses across the country today? I can go on and on. But this senile, old piece of shit, is more interested in chasing clout. What an idiot

3 Likes

Re: Soyinka: People Are So Power-Driven, Can't Accept They Didn't Win An Election by tollyboy5(m): 9:20am On Jan 21
Dougad:

And his pretentious dubious nature will be called out. If he pain am make e hug transformer.

When he came out to oppose Jonathan and call him names, he did it under the guise of a supposed declining economy. Buhari entered the seat and proceeded to give Nigerians the worst economy since the Country's inception, yet the old fool remained silent. Tinubu is in the same category and the "smart iq professor" has turned his ire towards the people that doing e been tossed in the FFK category of anywhere belle face when he airs his opinion to the public.
You've decided not to be informed due to bitterness of Peter obi loosing the election. How did he not condemn Buhari?

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3D_Q-9XlIMa6o&ved=2ahUKEwi6ot2ShO6DAxXyV0EAHUkIDDUQjjh6BAgtEAE&usg=AOvVaw3hOSIURo_0QtrnEMmD-hei

https://www.thecable.ng/soyinka-i-didnt-support-buhari-in-2015-but-i-said-nigerians-shouldnt-vote-for-jonathan/amp

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/362630-sowore-soyinka-condemns-attack-on-protesters-says-buhari-govt-insecure-paranoid.html?tztc=1

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/465636-soyinka-tackles-buhari-over-civil-war-comment-other-matters.html

https://dailypost.ng/2022/08/03/nsecurity-buhari-is-a-failure-soyinka-takes-stand-on-impeachment-plot/

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2022/04/20/soyinka-to-buhari-pardoning-dariye-nyame-means-it-is-finished?amp=1

https://www.channelstv.com/2019/12/06/sowores-re-arrest-soyinka-condemns-dss-action-sends-message-to-buhari/amp/

The same soyinka that supported Biafra lol.
For those compare Peter obi to Tinubu, they're just ignorant.

Compared to Tinubu Peter obi is an overhype

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka: People Are So Power-Driven, Can't Accept They Didn't Win An Election by DeTruthh: 9:25am On Jan 21
datola:

Who is a fool between you and one of the world's greatest intellectual

You are a good example of the barbarian he talked about!

World's greatest what? Do you guys even think at all before making comments?

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka: People Are So Power-Driven, Can't Accept They Didn't Win An Election by Jovi10: 9:27am On Jan 21
Sccarrr:
ask Google wailer

Naso una call us wailer when buhari deu there ,last last n all of una wail of hardship; D

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soyinka: People Are So Power-Driven, Can't Accept They Didn't Win An Election by bdon12: 9:29am On Jan 21
fergie001:

SOURCE

In which society has social media been for d intellectual. This old man has lost his crediblity n is known as a ethnic bigot.he should shut up n stop talking.
List of people wey cast within d last 4 years...oyedepo,adeboye,soyinka ...add ur own.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: People Are So Power-Driven, Can't Accept They Didn't Win An Election by cicero(m): 9:30am On Jan 21
This man has lost it but he doesn’t know it.
He deserves every insult he is getting.
White haired shenanigan.

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka: People Are So Power-Driven, Can't Accept They Didn't Win An Election by Paramount01(m): 9:30am On Jan 21
God1000:
I respect Mr Soyinka a lot but he needs to detach himself from this APC government.

Elections have come and gone and all the court cases have been settled as well.

I've never seen this side of him before

Nlfpmod this account Cooldowntemper keeps stalking me everywhere and breaking the rules of this platform.

Pls how has he been supporting A. P. C?
Re: Soyinka: People Are So Power-Driven, Can't Accept They Didn't Win An Election by surgical: 9:36am On Jan 21
God1000:
I respect Mr Soyinka a lot but he needs to detach himself from this APC government.

Nlfpmod this account Cooldowntemper keeps stalking me everywhere and breaking the rules of this platform.
He has always been like that, he is only loyal to himself, as in what and how he will benefit, hiding under intellectualism, they current people in power are his friends and benefactor, that is why he is in over drive

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka: People Are So Power-Driven, Can't Accept They Didn't Win An Election by heysquare(m): 9:37am On Jan 21
God1000:

Just because you hates APC doesn't mean everyone should follow suit.
Re: Soyinka: People Are So Power-Driven, Can't Accept They Didn't Win An Election by DesChyko: 9:37am On Jan 21
Sccarrr:
na them be this, bitter ppl wailing till eternity

Your account isn't even up to a month old. Anything that is defended by a mere bot account isn't worth considering.

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka: People Are So Power-Driven, Can't Accept They Didn't Win An Election by surgical: 9:38am On Jan 21
cicero:
This man has lost it but he doesn’t know it.
He deserves every insult he is getting.
White haired shenanigan.
He is deluding himself, he has fallen from the pedestal he was before by meddling in politics

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Dedication Of Church Built By Governor Wike (Photos) / Charity Idahosa: I Am Being Sexually Harassed - MAJA Candidate For Edo Assembly / Buhari Was In Germany For Medical Treatment – Junaid Mohammed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.