Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,181 members, 7,818,574 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:05 PM

Should Parents Choose Partners For Their Children? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should Parents Choose Partners For Their Children? (23208 Views)

Poll: Should Parents Choose For Their Kids?

Yes: 9% (4 votes)
No: 90% (38 votes)
This poll has ended

Ten Things Parents Do When They Discover Their Children Are No Longer Virgins / Should Parents Kiss In Front Of Children? / Should Parents Have A Say In Their Son/daughter's Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Parents Choose Partners For Their Children? by Xionez(m): 7:35pm On Nov 09, 2011
joeyey:

Should Parents choose wife/husband for their children?

Choose if your Children grants you the task, else they should just lay off and only give advice if they see a character in either of them (wife-to-be or husband-to-be) that is like a ticking bomb in the foundation of their marriage.
The fact that your parents chose your wife/husband does not mean that you should do the same for your children, whether you like it or not or whether you marriage is still strong or not.
Re: Should Parents Choose Partners For Their Children? by Elpieda: 8:16pm On Nov 09, 2011
I think the choice of a life partner is an issue that has to be handled with care, patience and wisdom from above. In fact in my own opinion, this is an issue that requires God, God and God. God put our parents in our lives for a purpose and they are stewards to look after us, guide us and bring us up in the way of the Lord and once a child is brought up that way, he will not depart from that good upbringing.

Just because your father and mother chose a life partner for you or were involved in the decision making does not guarantee the marriage will last. There are so many broken marriages now and a huge number of them had parental involvement but yet it still crashed because the two people involved were not committed enough to make the marriage blossom trusting in God to help them out.

We need to listen to the advice of our parents but I think above all, if you have a solid relationship with God, he will speak to your heart and let you know the right decision to make because our parents do not take the place of God in our lives but sometimes intentionally or unintentionally, we treat our parents as our God.

No matter who you get married to in life, you will be faced with problems, trials and tribulations and one must not relax and think that all is well since mummy and daddy chose for me. NO. The bible says that those who get married will be faced with many trials. Marriage is like a professional exam you have to invest time in to be able to pass it or else if you do not invest time to study and nurture and build, then the marriage is bound to fail.

So in essence, hear your parents out and see where they are coming from and think deeply about their reasons but above all, develop a better relationship with God so that you can discern when some reasons are out of place,
Re: Should Parents Choose Partners For Their Children? by yommysomguy(m): 11:02pm On Nov 09, 2011
Nobody chooses my wife for me. That i know for sure
Re: Should Parents Choose Partners For Their Children? by OhmstAR(m): 7:24am On Nov 10, 2011
Parents shouldnt choose partners for their children
Re: Should Parents Choose Partners For Their Children? by Nobody: 12:41pm On Nov 10, 2011
My parents can choose my partner for me but if they are not happy with my choice I may have to re-analyze. Sometimes, they see things we can't see because we are in crush!
Re: Should Parents Choose Partners For Their Children? by tuniski: 2:56pm On Nov 10, 2011
no parent should choose partner for a child but guidiance must be provided. Afterall how many of them have made success of thier choices. It takes God and man taking chances!
Re: Should Parents Choose Partners For Their Children? by Igosun: 3:40pm On Nov 10, 2011
Why will they do that for me, i trust my folks
Re: Should Parents Choose Partners For Their Children? by Nymphnode(m): 9:31pm On Nov 10, 2011
Do they still do such thing?
Re: Should Parents Choose Partners For Their Children? by tpia5: 9:35pm On Nov 10, 2011
maybe, maybe not @ topic.
Re: Should Parents Choose Partners For Their Children? by iykak47: 11:18am On Nov 11, 2011
parent can advise[s][/s]
Re: Should Parents Choose Partners For Their Children? by iykak47: 11:20am On Nov 11, 2011
[parents can advisei][/i]
Re: Should Parents Choose Partners For Their Children? by iykak47: 11:25am On Nov 11, 2011
[/i] parents can advise[i]

(1) (2) (Reply)

"People Said I Overreacts Cause I Cut Ties With Man Who Sexualize My Daughter" / Devil's Basket - Lady Asked To Stroke A Guy's Joystick At A Party (Photos) / Tough Economy Causes Scarcity Of Marriage Suitors In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.