Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,267 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:49 AM

How Do You Respond When Your Partner Calls? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do You Respond When Your Partner Calls? (10857 Views)

If Your Partner Calls You Another Name During A Discussion? / How Do You Respond To This Message From Your Ex “I Miss You” / My Girlfriend Doesnt Respond When I Tell Her That I Love Or I Miss Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Respond When Your Partner Calls? by freecocoa(f): 8:23pm On Nov 08, 2011
Okay so my cousin answers her husband "SIR" whenever he calls her,he calls her Baby by the way,I've observed this among many women, didn't really pay mind to it until now,(my cousin own dey sound too strong)but the way some people answer the sir is kinda surprising to me.
My mum usually answer "yes honey"or the regular "EH" I just want to know if the "SIR" thing is really necessary or signifies anything cos to me it just sounds too formal.
So lovely people in the house (especially ladies)how do you respond when your husband or boyfriend calls you?and vice versa? MEN, is there anything wrong with her responding with the normal "EH" or does her answering SIR mean anything to you?

I normally go with "yes papi"I love it and he didn't complain.
Re: How Do You Respond When Your Partner Calls? by BABE3: 8:26pm On Nov 08, 2011
"Wetin?"

"What?"

"Kini?"
Re: How Do You Respond When Your Partner Calls? by slimyem: 8:27pm On Nov 08, 2011
i go with *yes dearie* when m in my best mood.
It could be yeah,ehn,uhn at other times.
Re: How Do You Respond When Your Partner Calls? by Nobody: 8:34pm On Nov 08, 2011
I do what normal people do. Hello!?
Re: How Do You Respond When Your Partner Calls? by kelz88(f): 8:38pm On Nov 08, 2011
"Sir"?! In 2011? shocked Dayum!

I say hello, yeah, hey,
Re: How Do You Respond When Your Partner Calls? by Nobody: 8:42pm On Nov 08, 2011
[size=14pt]What would she be "SIRing" me for? Am i that old? or are we in a Military Marriage? [/size]
Re: How Do You Respond When Your Partner Calls? by InkedNerd(f): 8:43pm On Nov 08, 2011
OP: This is how I answer the phone when I get a call from a love interest.

If the guy is Nigerian:
Caller: ::calls my number::

Inked_Nerd: Wettin you wan? angry

If the guy is a Ibo Nigerian:
Inked_Nerd: Ogini?!?! angry

If I'm fond of the guy and he's Nigerian:

Inked_Nerd [using heavy Nigerian accent]: Hello, baby is that you?! kiss
Re: How Do You Respond When Your Partner Calls? by freecocoa(f): 8:44pm On Nov 08, 2011
sauer:

I do what normal people do. Hello!?
I didn't mean over the phone,duh!I know you know that.
Re: How Do You Respond When Your Partner Calls? by r231(m): 8:46pm On Nov 08, 2011
yes babes grin grin
Re: How Do You Respond When Your Partner Calls? by freecocoa(f): 8:49pm On Nov 08, 2011
Alright some of you are getting me wrong abi na me make mistake?I don't mean like a phone call,I'm actually talking about when you are together and he tries to get your attention by calling your name or whatever he or she calls you.how do you respond?
Re: How Do You Respond When Your Partner Calls? by BiafranFirstSon(m): 8:49pm On Nov 08, 2011
@ freecocoa, Are u trying to cause commotion like the Jehovah witness question? Ur question always stir unrest. Sign out abeg!
Re: How Do You Respond When Your Partner Calls? by Spclst900: 8:53pm On Nov 08, 2011
topic

na wetin
Re: How Do You Respond When Your Partner Calls? by oneuniquemind(m): 8:54pm On Nov 08, 2011
I prefer to say Hello baby. For her it's hello dear bt wen i say smtin she doesnt get,she says Sir!
Re: How Do You Respond When Your Partner Calls? by InkedNerd(f): 8:54pm On Nov 08, 2011
freecocoa:

Alright some of you are getting me wrong abi na me make mistake?I don't mean like a phone call,I'm actually talking about when you are together and he tries to get your attention by calling your name or whatever he or she calls you.how do you respond?

Ok, I getcha! Well, I just answer with a simple 'yes' or I just face the person. Depending on the situation and person I may say 'sweetie' but then again, I call everyone sweetie undecided
Re: How Do You Respond When Your Partner Calls? by Nobody: 8:55pm On Nov 08, 2011
Thank goodness, u knw u had it a/ss-backwards grin. Better made explicit.
I'd still say 'yeah', 'yes', 'yes, dearie', but 'sir'? No way!

Inkie, what's up?
Re: How Do You Respond When Your Partner Calls? by Idowuogbo(f): 8:55pm On Nov 08, 2011
poster simple

Badosky says helllo Koboko  grin grin grin
Re: How Do You Respond When Your Partner Calls? by oneuniquemind(m): 8:57pm On Nov 08, 2011
Yes boss
Re: How Do You Respond When Your Partner Calls? by InkedNerd(f): 9:02pm On Nov 08, 2011
sauer:

Thank goodness, u knw u had it a/ss-backwards grin. Better made explicit.
I'd still say 'yeah', 'yes', 'yes, dearie', but 'sir'? No way!

Inkie, what's up?

I'm good, did you check your mail? wink
Re: How Do You Respond When Your Partner Calls? by kings112(m): 9:08pm On Nov 08, 2011
Ogini ?
Re: How Do You Respond When Your Partner Calls? by Nobody: 9:11pm On Nov 08, 2011
Inked_Nerd:

I'm good, did you check your mail? wink

yea, just did. Am right on it! smiley
Re: How Do You Respond When Your Partner Calls? by BodyKiss(m): 9:14pm On Nov 08, 2011
I have a strong believe that your cousin and her husband didn’t date. They probably must have married through arrangement.
Re: How Do You Respond When Your Partner Calls? by kings112(m): 9:19pm On Nov 08, 2011
Hello sweery![td][/td]
Re: How Do You Respond When Your Partner Calls? by kings112(m): 9:21pm On Nov 08, 2011
kings112:

Ogini ?
Re: How Do You Respond When Your Partner Calls? by Dyt(f): 9:26pm On Nov 08, 2011
I cld say sir n he says ma'm
cld b baby, bobo, dearie, ima-ima, he goes by swtness
or i say omo-calabar n he replies omo-yor
smtyms he grts me islamically n i wonder ow he got 2 learn dat
Re: How Do You Respond When Your Partner Calls? by freecocoa(f): 9:34pm On Nov 08, 2011
BiafranFirstSon:

@ freecocoa,  Are u trying to cause commotion like the Jehovah witness question? your question always stir unrest. Sign out abeg!
AH see me wahala o,how is this simple question making you or anyone restless or troubled? And I can't seem to find any anywhere with  sign out  written on my screen,maybe you'll come and help me locate it.
Re: How Do You Respond When Your Partner Calls? by Spclst900: 9:34pm On Nov 08, 2011
when the going is good:

yes - honey, sugar, chocolate, apple, blackberry, orange. cheesy
Re: How Do You Respond When Your Partner Calls? by freecocoa(f): 9:37pm On Nov 08, 2011
sexkillz:

[size=14pt]What would she be "SIRing" me for? Am i that old? or are we in a Military Marriage? [/size]
you dey ask me?why can't you just answer the question instead of throwing one back at me?shebi someone was asking you the other day,if you are from a family with a brigadier,na only you fit answer that question.
Okwa muwa ka e na eme ignore.
Re: How Do You Respond When Your Partner Calls? by freecocoa(f): 9:39pm On Nov 08, 2011
Idowuogbo:

poster simple

Badosky says helllo Koboko  grin grin grin
Craze gal,what's up na?I no dey see your break light these days o.
Re: How Do You Respond When Your Partner Calls? by freecocoa(f): 9:40pm On Nov 08, 2011
BABE!:

"Wetin?"

"What?"

"Kini?"

Err mm BABE!na fight?
Re: How Do You Respond When Your Partner Calls? by Nobody: 9:48pm On Nov 08, 2011
Yes dear or yes baby. Sir? No way
Re: How Do You Respond When Your Partner Calls? by Idowuogbo(f): 9:51pm On Nov 08, 2011
freecocoa:

Craze gal,what's up na?I no dey see your break light these days o.
stop stalking me jare grin grin grin
Re: How Do You Respond When Your Partner Calls? by freecocoa(f): 9:52pm On Nov 08, 2011
BodyKiss:

I have a strong believe that your cousin and her husband didn’t date. They probably must have married through arrangement.
Hmmm could that be the reason why?cos you are a 100% correct,(you know how maintaining the family status matter to some people)though they seem to be in love now.

But I've noticed the "sir" thing amongst other women,some even call their husbands,chief oga,mai gida,my lord etc.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Would You Do In This Situation? / Can You Allow Any Gym Instructor To Do This To Your Girl? / These Kalabari Women Has Big As.s

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.