Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,087 members, 7,811,044 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:34 PM

I'm 33 But I Don't Want To Get Married - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I'm 33 But I Don't Want To Get Married (27248 Views)

Zukiswa Joyi: I Made It Out Of Valentine's Day Still A Virgin & I'm 33 / 80-Year-Old Tanzanian Dies During Sex With His 33-Year-Old Lover In Hotel / "After Being Side Chic For 6 Years, 33 Abortions, He Proposed & I Said.." - Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm 33 But I Don't Want To Get Married by Mikuni(m): 12:56am On Feb 26
When I look at the married men around me, I no longer see the need of having a wife.

I discovered something shocking, a few months ago:

Most men die before their wives, and most likely before their children finish university education. Look at your dad's friends, how many of them are still alive to enjoy the fruits of their parental labour?

Before marriage, you go through a lot of stress in choosing the right woman (God help you, if she's not greedy and demanding) you spend a fortune on marriage, only to be 'eating' one type of food grin till you die. If you're not careful, you go beg for sex tire. grin You think I'm lying? Ask my neighbor who begs to put the tip of his toothpick inside his wife for just a minute.

Now, you're married, you must provide for the rent, bills, school fees, in-law expenses etc
You must not forget to keep extra savings for health issues for cases like complications in child delivery, antenatal care, naming ceremony, baby materials, clothings etc

If you're unlucky to find yourself in financial difficulty after marriage, pray your wife is the understanding type, else you'd deal with a nagging woman, the type King Solomon told us to avoid staying in the same house with, and rather hide on your rooftop.

If your woman is easily driven to anger, and not rational in thinking, you're in serious trouble. You may end up being stabbed or poisoned. A lot of men have died this way.

So dear men, why waste your time and money? Be smart!

I leave you with this Bible passage: "Wealth and riches are inherited from parents, but a good wife comes only from the Lord."

168 Likes 23 Shares

Re: I'm 33 But I Don't Want To Get Married by immortalcrown(m): 2:19am On Feb 26
Suit yourself. But don't blame anyone else when you get older and feel the pain of childlessness and loneliness. Enjoy your choice now and blame yourself when the consequences come.

To those who set their priorities right concerning marriage, marriage is the sweetest thing on earth. But to those who want to eat their cake before marriage and want to have it in marriage, marriage is a scam.

Everybody wants a good marriage but just a few are willing to pay the price for it. The price payment starts from childhood and gets more tasking when the person becomes a youth. This is the preparation process for marriage. But a lot of people live anyhow before marriage and expect life not to treat them anyhow in the marriage.

I know that careful and decent people can be unfortunate sometimes. But the truth is that your carefulness can't be in vain. Your carefulness will shield you from a lot of bad experiences. Nothing goes for nothing.

135 Likes 13 Shares

Re: I'm 33 But I Don't Want To Get Married by santaclaws: 2:31am On Feb 26
No need for the long epistle. Marriage isn't for everyone so do whatever works for you... ✌🏾

231 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I'm 33 But I Don't Want To Get Married by PastorOlokonla: 2:50am On Feb 26
Look up Marrisa Tomei, she decided never to marry or have kids and she is doing very fine.

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I'm 33 But I Don't Want To Get Married by blackpanthar: 3:12am On Feb 26
Mikuni:
When I look at the married men around me, I no longer see the need of having a wife.

Most men die before their wives, and most likely before their children finish university education. Look at your dad's friends, how many of them are still alive to enjoy the fruits of their parental labour?

Before marriage, you go through a lot of stress in choosing the right woman (God help you, if she's not greedy and demanding) you spend a fortune on marriage, only to be 'eating' one type of food grin till you die. If you're not careful, you go beg for sex tire. grin You think I'm lying? Ask my neighbor who begs to put the tip of his toothpick inside his wife for just a minute.

Now, you're married, you must provide for the rent, bills, school fees, in-law expenses etc
You must not forget to keep extra savings for health issues for cases like complications in child delivery, antenatal care, naming ceremony, baby materials, clothings etc

If you're unlucky to find yourself in financial difficulty after marriage, pray your wife is the understanding type, else you'd deal with a nagging woman, the type King Solomon told us to avoid staying in the same house with, and rather hide on your rooftop.

If your woman is easily driven to anger, and not rational in thinking, you're in serious trouble. You may end up being stabbed or poisoned. A lot of men have died this way.

I leave you with this Bible passage: "Wealth and riches are inherited from parents, but a good wife comes only from the Lord."

It is weak to use what happens to others are a yardstick to limit your own life

But anyway it is also wise to know what works for you.

A GOOD wife is rare and only few ever find her.

Are you a good HUSBAND?

Have you met people who enjoy their marriages after many years? Before you concluded?

Please be balanced so you don't generalize.

If the part you have chosen suits you, then avoid sex and focus and may God give you grace to remain strong

65 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm 33 But I Don't Want To Get Married by PastorOlokonla: 3:14am On Feb 26
blackpanthar:

Are you a good HUSBAND?

Have you met people who enjoy their marriages after many years? Before you concluded?

If the part you have chosen suits you, then avoid sex and focus and may God give you grace to remain strong

Avoid sex? Are you for real?
Why should he avoid sex? Why don't your go grab his man**od to avoid sex.

You have lots of problems in your life but you primary concern is the sex life of a stranger.

Smdh!

59 Likes 9 Shares

Re: I'm 33 But I Don't Want To Get Married by gaby(m): 3:15am On Feb 26
Wetin kwansign us?

12 Likes

Re: I'm 33 But I Don't Want To Get Married by tensazangetsu20(m): 3:16am On Feb 26
Whatever decision you take, just make sure you aren't poor sha.

90 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I'm 33 But I Don't Want To Get Married by ItisWell22(f): 3:27am On Feb 26
If not being married makes you happy, stick with it. 👏

28 Likes

Re: I'm 33 But I Don't Want To Get Married by rocknation62(m): 3:40am On Feb 26
It’s a choice bro, do what works for you. But from your write up, i can see you just want to live your life, you don’t want to shoulder any responsibility or be committed to whatsoever. Have you considered the positive side of marriage? Wait till you grow old when you don’t have strength to do anything for yourself then you will understand (loneliness). Na the same Bible talk say “He who finds a wife findeth good thing”

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I'm 33 But I Don't Want To Get Married by ednut1(m): 4:04am On Feb 26
For you to write this kind epistle you go still marry

63 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I'm 33 But I Don't Want To Get Married by mrdharkchild(m): 4:13am On Feb 26
Tinubus policy is beginning to have effect.
I am slowly becoming proud.

I think the whole Binance thingy is working.
I'm a hater of Tinubu, doesn't mean I don't want Nigeria to progress.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm 33 But I Don't Want To Get Married by sonofthunder: 5:07am On Feb 26
Mikuni:

All what you described is a minority of cases. It's a fast growing minority that will most likely overthrow the majority but it is still a minority of cases

2 Likes

Re: I'm 33 But I Don't Want To Get Married by Juliearth(f): 5:18am On Feb 26
blackpanthar:

Are you a good HUSBAND?

This is a balanced reportage. Dwelling so much on the negatives won't do him alot of good. Choose the right partner and soul mate you won't have to worry about this.

If sexual chastity is a norm and is not to be broken, op won't keep this notion. When you milk the cow for free, you won't see the need to own it.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I'm 33 But I Don't Want To Get Married by Rokiat(f): 5:27am On Feb 26
Your life your choice don’t get married.

Very simple solution.

7 Likes

Re: I'm 33 But I Don't Want To Get Married by FRANCISTOWN: 5:55am On Feb 26
Men and women are not meant to live together. Men are scums and women are miserable beings.
The earlier we realize this. The better for the incoming civilisation

14 Likes

Re: I'm 33 But I Don't Want To Get Married by ogashman(m): 6:04am On Feb 26
Very wrong thinking.... Have u ever asked yourself why those men u mentioned died early?

They did probably because they had a lot of children to cater for.

As a man, when u get married, u have to carry over 90% of family responsibilities. So u need to plan the number of kids that will go with that.

I bet if u have just 1 kid, there is no way u would suffer so much as to die early all things being equal.

I have never seen a family with just 1 child that is suffering. Rarely possible.

Men and men suffer in marriage because of having lots of kids they can't cater for.

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I'm 33 But I Don't Want To Get Married by Authoreety: 6:11am On Feb 26
A word is enough for the wise...

Before getting married, have it at the back of your mind that a good woman is VERY VERY rare! Don't say u wr not warned

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I'm 33 But I Don't Want To Get Married by BigDawsNet: 6:31am On Feb 26
Mikuni:

Forget abt wife bro... just make sure you have a kid... it's very important in this life

God bless you

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I'm 33 But I Don't Want To Get Married by Cassandraloius: 6:46am On Feb 26
It's your choice, suit yourself oga.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I'm 33 But I Don't Want To Get Married by eepeepook: 6:56am On Feb 26
Should we clap then?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I'm 33 But I Don't Want To Get Married by flatROCKhead: 7:17am On Feb 26
Let me guess,..you are from the other side of the country..

Na Una dey wait until the hair on your chest is enough to cover the skin before Una marry..

No wonder, your people in the markets are sex starved and are harassing innocent girls each time they come around

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm 33 But I Don't Want To Get Married by Abee79(m): 7:43am On Feb 26
Marriage is a voluntary decision that would not suit everyone. God has no wife, even though He instituted marriage. Jesus didn't get married. Heck, even Satan doesn't have a wife!

Sometimes I feel like there is something they know that they aren't telling us 🤔

Don't get me wrong, I believe in marriage and I'm in it myself. But I tell young people not to give into the societal pressure of getting married for the wrong reasons. I say, "look before you leap" 🙂

41 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I'm 33 But I Don't Want To Get Married by Trizyd(m): 7:43am On Feb 26
You sti let other people situation determine your actions. Good you Do that.
Re: I'm 33 But I Don't Want To Get Married by Talkisneeded: 8:03am On Feb 26
Ok don't marry...

I sell herbs for sexual enhancement sha

1 Like

Re: I'm 33 But I Don't Want To Get Married by IkeIgboNiile(m): 8:17am On Feb 26
Whether you marry or not, it's your choice. Just know that every marriage is unique in it's own way. You can't know how your marriage will be by looking at others around you.

For me, i think before people get married, they should be truthful to each other and must be willing to meet the other person halfway. They must try and understand each other because love isn't enough.

7 Likes

Re: I'm 33 But I Don't Want To Get Married by Olachase(m): 8:22am On Feb 26
Yor last write up got me
Where can that be found in the bible

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'm 33 But I Don't Want To Get Married by sulakishop(m): 8:42am On Feb 26
Marriage is not for everyone
Re: I'm 33 But I Don't Want To Get Married by excanny: 8:42am On Feb 26
It's good to have children and/or a supportive partner.

Being lonely and old isn't fun.

Like someone said, whatever you do, make enough income to support yourself and 2 other people ( a partner and at least one child) comfortably.

5 Likes

Re: I'm 33 But I Don't Want To Get Married by Nice2023(m): 8:46am On Feb 26
Well,u are right based on the people u selected to make ur point but most likely wrong because u generalised without considering other responsible family as well.

May God grant u what u pray for and so shall be in ur life.

For we the married,we are indeed the strongest in the country currently.

1 Like

Re: I'm 33 But I Don't Want To Get Married by Kobicove(m): 8:51am On Feb 26
Marriage is not a must for everyone
Re: I'm 33 But I Don't Want To Get Married by arantess: 8:54am On Feb 26
Mikuni:

You don't need to explain na...
Do your thing nobody put gun for your head

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dating My Course Mate, Is It Advisable? / Christian Wedding Songs To Give Your DJ If You Don't Want Secular Music Played / The Many Shades Of "No"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.