Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,826 members, 7,844,673 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 05:29 AM

Why Are Guys So Heartless To Their Fellow Men? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are Guys So Heartless To Their Fellow Men? (3591 Views)

Why Do Nigerian Girls Love Tall Guys So Much? / Are Guys Really Scared Of Dating Ladies That Attend White Garment Churches?? / Why Are Guys So Scared Of Dating Students? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Guys So Heartless To Their Fellow Men? by BleedGraphix: 9:40pm On Feb 29
This is what we keep saying about stupid men. You just met a girl, boom! You have spent almost a million. This is the reason why we have so many promiscuous ladies in our generation. The ladies have been right on this. It's stupid men that are destroying our ladies.

And as for OP, please never accept that man's friendship even if he comes begging. He mocked you by lying that he gave the POS attendant money to send to you. He can kill. He has been having grudges towards you even before he met that lady.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Guys So Heartless To Their Fellow Men? by FRANCISTOWN: 9:51pm On Feb 29
TrustNone:
.... ....
The problem you have is an entitlement mentality. Only weak men have this mindset and if you're not careful, you may never rise above poverty because your mind will be plagued with bitterness , revenge and envy.

Know this today. No one owes you anything. Not your parents, not your friends or siblings. The only person what owes you is your employer. The moment you have an entitlement mentality, that's when you'll start noticing stingy people.

Your friend is rich doesn't make him automatically owe you financial assistance. He has the right to do whatsoever ever he wishes with his money.

By the way, you could be the one who considers him a friend. He could be seeing you as a burden and a bother

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Guys So Heartless To Their Fellow Men? by BUGOFF(m): 5:11am On Mar 01
BleedGraphix:
This is what we keep saying about stupid men. You just meet a girl, boom you have spent almost a million. This is the reason why we have so many promiscuous ladies in our generation. The ladies have been right on this. It's stupid men that destroyed our ladies.

And as for OP, please smnever accept that man's friendship even if he comes begging. He mocked you by lying that he gave the POS attendant money to send to you. He can kill. He has been having grudges towards you even before he met that lady.
Exactly my point though you are laying yours out in black and white. Guy was only waiting for the right opportunity to bare his fangs, Op should be grateful it played out over some not-so-important issues.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Guys So Heartless To Their Fellow Men? by Fiscus105(m): 5:23am On Mar 01
TrustNone:
There's this my guy, we're so close and we share everything in common like eating together, going out to hustle together, gist and relate.
He's rich as he sells lands (real estate) and makes huge profits from it but he's uneducated and can neither read nor write, I usually help him and compose text messages for him and also chats for him on his Facebook account as he can't speak English correctly.

So there's this school I'm currently working, in the evenings when I go to workplace to drop my laptop (as home isn't safe due to recent robbery attacks in our neighborhood) he'll usually accompany me.

Recently he followed me and we strolled together, there's this corper working in our school, she came out and met me, we exchange pleasantries and gisted.

My friend said he likes her that I should help him talk to her, I obliged then smartly did the job but the lady seemed uninterested as he was not properly dressed and blowing wrong grammars with a very local accent.
But after the girl realized how rich he is and the assets he has she finally gave in.

So recently the Operating System in my laptop got expired, didn't have present money to fix and update it, gigs were coming in but no money to repair the laptop. I asked my guy to lend me 5k when I receive salary I'll pay back but he told me he doesn't have but he'll try and help, he requested for my account and gave him, he lied to me he sent it to the POS girl in my area that she'll give me, but till date I couldn't see any alert.
I approached the girl and she told me he's lying he didn't give her any money. He later told me he was lying but there's no money as he's broke. I moved on. Mind you the girl accepted him and they're both dating.

Yesterday I saw the girl with a new Redmi Note 12, I complimented her phone and congratulated her, she then told me it's my friend that got it for her yesterday and also told the her to move out of the school's premises (she was living in the school compound as accomodation was provided for corpers). The guy then rented a new self contain apartment (250k yearly) for her and she moved out and is staying in the new apartment.
The girl told me how he has stocked her house with foodstuffs and giving her upkeep weekly.
Funny enough the girl has a smartphone she was using and never requested for phone from him, he just willingly bought the phone for the girl. Price of the phone was around 140k.

I was sad and grieved how this guy could be so heartless to his fellow guy and close friend but extravagantly kind and so simpishly foolish to girls.
The girl sef couldn't even show gratitude for connecting her to a foolish maga.

On my way back from Church in the evening yesterday, I saw them together at an eatery with sumptuous meals on their table, the girl called me and I just waved at them and passed.
The guy doesn't call me again nor come around my place again as he used to.

I just learnt that if you're educated avoid walking or keeping company with uneducated people and those that aren't exposed, their mentality is annoying.

With the way you ended ur story, ..IF YOU ARE EDUCATED, AVOID WALKING WITH UNEDUCATED......show you are not different from your friend, if u re in his shoe, you too would do more than that, at least you are showing it in area of ur strength which is ur education.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Guys So Heartless To Their Fellow Men? by Fiscus105(m): 5:29am On Mar 01
BleedGraphix:
This is what we keep saying about stupid men. You just meet a girl, boom you have spent almost a million. This is the reason why we have so many promiscuous ladies in our generation. The ladies have been right on this. It's stupid men that destroyed our ladies.

And as for OP, please smnever accept that man's friendship even if he comes begging. He mocked you by lying that he gave the POS attendant money to send to you. He can kill. He has been having grudges towards you even before he met that lady.

According to the story, the girl didn't want to accept but reluctantly accepted becos of how rich the guy is, which means, he used his money to lure the guy into relationship, as it stands now, the guy would get her body, but may not get her love, and if paraventure the too got married,.....I won't be surprised if the girl seeing another man outside, even now that they still dating, because the girl doesn't have up to 5% natural love for the guy.
Tomorrow, you would be hearing lamentations that women are wicked, when guys refuse to play the game according to its principles, why won't guy enter marital problems?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Guys So Heartless To Their Fellow Men? by Fiscus105(m): 5:43am On Mar 01
FRANCISTOWN:

The problem you have is an entitlement mentality. Only weak men have this mindset and if you're not careful, you may never rise above poverty because your mind will be plagued with bitterness , revenge and envy.

Know this today. No one owes you anything. Not your parents, not your friends or siblings. The only person what owes you is your employer. The moment you have an entitlement mentality, that's when you'll start noticing stingy people.

Your friend is rich doesn't make him automatically owe you financial assistance. He has the right to do whatsoever ever he wishes with his money.

By the way, you could be the one who considers him a friend. He could be seeing you as a burden and a bother

Oga, what's definition of ur own friend"?

If when I'm in need, I come to you and you have it abundantly you cannot help me out, you are not a friend but enemy.

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Guys So Heartless To Their Fellow Men? by Majikmaleek: 5:45am On Mar 01
Be patient, the guy is coming back to seek your assistance in what u used to assist him with before. Now that you already know him. You bill him on everything. That girl will leave him when the time comes and he'll need you to help him get another. So be wise don't cut him.
Re: Why Are Guys So Heartless To Their Fellow Men? by FRANCISTOWN: 6:34am On Mar 01
Fiscus105:

Oga, what's definition of ur own friend"?

If when I'm in need, I come to you and you have it abundantly you cannot help me out, you are not a friend but enemy.
But the person he calls a friend has refused to help. Which means he is the one who considers the guy a friend, the guy never considered him a friend.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Guys So Heartless To Their Fellow Men? by PastorOlokonla: 6:40am On Mar 01
FRANCISTOWN:

I couldn't have said more.

Also, Nigerian society is patriarchal and it is easier for a man to succeed than a lady.
Also, the easiest way to fail is to feel embittered over how other people choose to spend their money. I only see this traits among Nigerians to be honest. No man has ever helped me and I don't care, its not like we share a certain brotherhood because we are men.
Even my nlood brother asked me for rent about 4 years ago and he turned him down because he was turning me to an ATM.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Guys So Heartless To Their Fellow Men? by MrsAminaBello(f): 6:43am On Mar 01
FRANCISTOWN:

this one no get sense

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Guys So Heartless To Their Fellow Men? by FRANCISTOWN: 6:48am On Mar 01
MrsAminaBello:
this one no get sense
Your parents do not have sense.
Imagine this coming from a woman? An ordinary woman. What do you know about life?

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Guys So Heartless To Their Fellow Men? by FRANCISTOWN: 6:53am On Mar 01
PastorOlokonla:

Also, Nigerian society is patriarchal and it is easier for a man to succeed than a lady.
Also, the easiest way to fail is to feel embittered over how other people choose to spend their money. I only see this traits among Nigerians to be honest. No man has ever helped me and I don't care, its not like we share a certain brotherhood because we are men.
Even my nlood brother asked me for rent about 4 years ago and he turned him down because he was turning me to an ATM.

Now this is a man here. The first step to becoming a man is to understand that no one is expected to help you. That's why a man must help himself.

I'd not be surprised if your friend decided to beef you because you didn't give him the rent. He would forget every other good things you've done for him just because of that rent.

People with entitlement mentality are worse.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Guys So Heartless To Their Fellow Men? by Fiscus105(m): 6:58am On Mar 01
FRANCISTOWN:

But the person he calls a friend has refused to help. Which means he is the one who considers the guy a friend, the guy never considered him a friend.

You also said, you owe nobody, siblings, friend, whatever.

If you have more than what you need,......you owe it to urself to give back to society...... family, friends, religion body, less privileged etc. That's enssence of living and that's what would be speaking for you years after,long time time you have gone.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Guys So Heartless To Their Fellow Men? by PastorOlokonla: 7:00am On Mar 01
FRANCISTOWN:

Now this is a man here. The first step to becoming a man is to understand that no one is expected to help you. That's why a man must help himself.

I'd not be surprised if your friend decided to beef you because you didn't give him the rent. He would forget every other good things you've done for him just because of that rent.

He is my blood brother and was making it an habit of depending on me for everything like an ATM machine. He and his wife were both working at the time.
I grew up with the mentality the even my father's properties does not belong to me.

What is MINE is what i work for.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Guys So Heartless To Their Fellow Men? by GoodSpirit: 7:15am On Mar 01
TimiRume:
Even women prefer helping men to their fellow women

Helping an opposite gender isn't the problem but betraying a friend who have been helping and been an asset to one. If it's just a friend that hasn't added anything to him that's a different thing but a friend who has been an asset to one's business and love life.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Guys So Heartless To Their Fellow Men? by FarmPlanetNG: 7:33am On Mar 01
FRANCISTOWN:

What is this one saying ? Wokeism blocks you peoples reasoning sha. So, you are not seeing betrayal clearly abi ?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Guys So Heartless To Their Fellow Men? by FarmPlanetNG: 7:35am On Mar 01
PastorOlokonla:

Oga, you are wrong abeg
Re: Why Are Guys So Heartless To Their Fellow Men? by PastorOlokonla: 7:38am On Mar 01
FarmPlanetNG:

Oga, you are wrong abeg

You are making a big mistake bro. You can't tell owners of a property what to do with their properties.

Even the president of Nigeria cannot tell you what to do with your money.

If I continue to give, He will be dependent on me at all time which is not good for a man with a wife and children. That is tough love.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Guys So Heartless To Their Fellow Men? by RickyJesus: 8:34am On Mar 01
1Sharon:
All you ppl that ask for money and say you'll pay back when your salary arrives..why not wait for your salary then?
Time value of money, that's if you know anything about finance.
Re: Why Are Guys So Heartless To Their Fellow Men? by RickyJesus: 8:36am On Mar 01
Gaspardd:
You just met a girl and boom...you started telling her about how many properties and assets you have ....that's going full retard
But it got him the girl though, yeah not idle for a lasting relationship but practical towards getting a knacking sessions ASAP.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Guys So Heartless To Their Fellow Men? by Kris25: 8:44am On Mar 01
TrustNone:
There's this my guy, we're so close and we share everything in common like eating together, going out to hustle together, gist and relate.
He's rich as he sells lands (real estate) and makes huge profits from it but he's uneducated and can neither read nor write, I usually help him and compose text messages for him and also chats for him on his Facebook account as he can't speak English correctly.

So there's this school I'm currently working, in the evenings when I go to workplace to drop my laptop (as home isn't safe due to recent robbery attacks in our neighborhood) he'll usually accompany me.

Recently he followed me and we strolled together, there's this corper working in our school, she came out and met me, we exchange pleasantries and gisted.

My friend said he likes her that I should help him talk to her, I obliged then smartly did the job but the lady seemed uninterested as he was not properly dressed and blowing wrong grammars with a very local accent.
But after the girl realized how rich he is and the assets he has she finally gave in.

So recently the Operating System in my laptop got expired, didn't have present money to fix and update it, gigs were coming in but no money to repair the laptop. I asked my guy to lend me 5k when I receive salary I'll pay back but he told me he doesn't have but he'll try and help, he requested for my account and gave him, he lied to me he sent it to the POS girl in my area that she'll give me, but till date I couldn't see any alert.
I approached the girl and she told me he's lying he didn't give her any money. He later told me he was lying but there's no money as he's broke. I moved on. Mind you the girl accepted him and they're both dating.

Yesterday I saw the girl with a new Redmi Note 12, I complimented her phone and congratulated her, she then told me it's my friend that got it for her yesterday and also told the her to move out of the school's premises (she was living in the school compound as accomodation was provided for corpers). The guy then rented a new self contain apartment (250k yearly) for her and she moved out and is staying in the new apartment.
The girl told me how he has stocked her house with foodstuffs and giving her upkeep weekly.
Funny enough the girl has a smartphone she was using and never requested for phone from him, he just willingly bought the phone for the girl. Price of the phone was around 140k.

I was sad and grieved how this guy could be so heartless to his fellow guy and close friend but extravagantly kind and so simpishly foolish to girls.

On my way back from Church in the evening yesterday, I saw them together at an eatery with sumptuous meals on their table, the girl called me and I just waved at them and passed.

I just learnt that if you're educated avoid walking or keeping company with uneducated people and those that aren't exposed, their mentality is annoying.

No worry, she go soon break up with him...
Re: Why Are Guys So Heartless To Their Fellow Men? by FRANCISTOWN: 10:18am On Mar 01
FarmPlanetNG:

What is this one saying ? Wokeism blocks you peoples reasoning sha. So, you are not seeing betrayal clearly abi ?
Don't be mad under my mention please. My post wasn't directed to you

1 Like

Re: Why Are Guys So Heartless To Their Fellow Men? by FRANCISTOWN: 10:33am On Mar 01
PastorOlokonla:

He is my blood brother and was making it an habit of depending on me for everything like an ATM machine. He and his wife were both working at the time.
I grew up with the mentality the even my father's properties does not belong to me.

What is MINE is what i work for.

I swr on my soul. I have never called any of my siblings or anybody for any financial help in this my life. Because I know everyone has responsibilities. Though they are well to do.

Even in my broke days, I said to myself. I will die first before I beg.
When I was very sick and couldn't seem to get enough money for my medical bills. Instead of begging around. The little money I had then. I just left it with the bank.

I sent all my banking details, including my ATM pin, Transfer Pin, my usdt account logins , crypto wallet logins, everything to one of my siblings. I told her how to share the money. I told her I wanted to travel out of Nigeria. And I don't have the intention of coming back soon. I told her after my departure (she thought after I've traveled not knowing I was seeing death at my side), she should just find my mobile phone and my ATM. And I told her not to tell anybody.

At the end of the day when they finally knew the reason i acted that way. By then I was already fully okay. They were so mad. Emi ika (I was just smiling inside of me). But I earned myself a huge kind of respect that can't be told.

I've said it since I was little that I will never bother anybody with my problems in this life. My problem is my problem.

There is no honour among beggars.

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Guys So Heartless To Their Fellow Men? by neoG(f): 10:37am On Mar 01
I feel your pain OP but I lost interest as you believe that what happened to you can only be done by an illiterate. Your story is not new. Something similar has happened to me and several other persons here and it was not limited to gender, tribe or class. Please let go and move on. Even though he is uneducated within the 4 walls of an institution, he is much smarter and intelligent than you are in the business world. If I were you, instead asking this kind of people money, you should have smartly learnt all the ropes of the real estate business from him and combine it with your present job. Then soon after you may not need to be teaching but focus full time in real estate. It is not too late to go back to this your friend like a foolish person and learn all that I just mention and after that dump his sorry ass.
TrustNone:

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Guys So Heartless To Their Fellow Men? by FRANCISTOWN: 10:40am On Mar 01
Fiscus105:

You also said, you owe nobody, siblings, friend, whatever.

If you have more than what you need,......you owe it to urself to give back to society...... family, friends, religion body, less privileged etc. That's enssence of living and that's what would be speaking for you years after,long time time you have gone.

It is not an obligation. I can decide to or not to give out of my own free will. I'm not saying giving is bad, but the entitlement mentality is evil. It breeds contempt and resentfulness

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Guys So Heartless To Their Fellow Men? by SenecaTheYonger: 10:49am On Mar 01
Has he ever helped you in the past? If he has, then you’re not entitled to his money all the time. Also if he’s helped you in the past and you’re coming to talk about him like this, then I guess you’re jealous of the house be rented for the girl. You’re not his GF, you’re not his child, you’re not his family. He’s not obligated to continue rendering help to you every time you need it.

Men will take care of a woman before they take care of another man that’s not their blood. It’s biology.

TrustNone:

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Guys So Heartless To Their Fellow Men? by FarmPlanetNG: 10:53am On Mar 01
neoG:
I feel your pain OP but I lost interest as you believe that what happened to you can only be done by an illiterate. Your story is not new. Something similar has happened to me and several other persons here and it was not limited to gender, tribe or class. Please let go and move on. Even though he is uneducated within the 4 walls of an institution, he is much smarter and intelligent than you are in the business world. If I were you, instead asking this kind of people money, you should have smartly learnt all the ropes of the real estate business from him and combine it with your present job. Then soon after you may not need to be teaching but focus full time in real estate. It is not too late to go back to this your friend like a foolish person and learn all that I just mention and after that dump his sorry ass.

He is not smarter. He is extremely wicked and evil
Re: Why Are Guys So Heartless To Their Fellow Men? by neoG(f): 11:04am On Mar 01
Granted. Like I said, he is smarter in business. They no dey learn that one for university or would I say the university in Nigeria does not prepare graduates for real life applicable skills in the business world.
FarmPlanetNG:

He is not smarter. He is extremely wicked and evil

1 Like

Re: Why Are Guys So Heartless To Their Fellow Men? by obinna58(m): 11:06am On Mar 01
FRANCISTOWN:

This is crap, even your government owe you, it’s just that you won’t kill your if they fail you

1 Like

Re: Why Are Guys So Heartless To Their Fellow Men? by obinna58(m): 11:13am On Mar 01
FRANCISTOWN:

You guys should stop preaching this nonsense of nobody owe you, that’s what plunge us into the hole we are
You owe many people and people owe you too, that’s a sense of responsibility

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Guys So Heartless To Their Fellow Men? by FarmPlanetNG: 11:25am On Mar 01
neoG:
Granted. Like I said, he is smarter in business. They no dey learn that one for university or would I say the university in Nigeria does not prepare graduates for real life applicable skills in the business world.

Stop calling wickedness smartness please
Re: Why Are Guys So Heartless To Their Fellow Men? by Exceed15: 11:50am On Mar 01
Do not put your trust in a man.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Can I Get The Attention Of A Girl Have Been Acting As A Secret Admirer? / Am Fed Up With These Juveniles Here! / Husband Celebrates Bride's Virginity!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.