Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,098 members, 7,814,858 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:05 PM

Navy Destroys Illegal Refinery In Ondo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Navy Destroys Illegal Refinery In Ondo (12687 Views)

Troops Destroy Massive Illegal Refinery In Delta State (photos) / Wike: Police DPO In Rumuji Owns An Illegal Refinery In Rivers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Navy Destroys Illegal Refinery In Ondo by Poisonousman: 9:27pm On Mar 06
The Forward Operating Base of the Nigerian Navy Igbokoda, Ondo State has destroyed an illegal refinery in Awoye community, in Ilaje Local Government Area of the state.

The military said the development was part of its determination to checkmate criminal activities such as kidnapping, crude oil theft and illegal bunkering within the costal region of the state.

The Commander, Forward Operating Base, Igbokoda, Navy Captain Wasuku Alushi, disclosed this while speaking with journalists on Wednesday.

He said, ā€œYou would recall that two weeks ago, Nigerian Navy Forward Operating Base in Igbokoda under the directive of the Nigeria Flag Officer Commanding, launched special operation here and the essence is for us to extend our tentacles to be able to checkmate some of the criminal activities in the riverine environment especially kidnapping, crude Oil theft and illegal bunkering.

https://punchng.com/navy-destroys-illegal-refinery-in-ondo/

2 Likes

Re: Navy Destroys Illegal Refinery In Ondo by immortalcrown(m): 9:36pm On Mar 06
Is the owner of the refinery too big to be mentioned in the news and be dragged to court?

If you sincerely fight against illegal refineries, why not disclose the identity of the owner of this illegal refinery?

Come to think of this: Though I don't support any form of illegality, why is it that Nigerian government cannot refine crude oil in Nigeria but Nigerians refine crude oil at their backyards in the same Nigeria? You may consider their fuel adulterated, but I believe it powers engines. If the fuel doesn't power engines, it will not sell and the business of illegal refineries would not have started. Well, I don't know much about this.

57 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Navy Destroys Illegal Refinery In Ondo by Lumarstone: 9:39pm On Mar 06
Why can't goverment retrain these people and license them to make there operational legal to enable NIGERIANS have essess of petroleum products.

Hence it's now established that those people called illegal refinary operators can produce those products, I think goverment should give them amnesty internationally for training and retraining to enable the country in the nearest future produce All this things locally than spending huge amount of money in importing it.

I left..!

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Navy Destroys Illegal Refinery In Ondo by judetov2(m): 10:00pm On Mar 06
How on Earth will I choose this as my choice of work...just how?

3 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Navy Destroys Illegal Refinery In Ondo by TINTINABULATION(m): 10:00pm On Mar 06
Government has failed its citizens in all ramifications. We provide our water, light through solar or Generator, we grade our roads, contribute to buy electric transformer, employ Aboki for Security, they shld please simply leave us to produce & refine our oil too grin grin grin

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Navy Destroys Illegal Refinery In Ondo by cescky(m): 10:00pm On Mar 06
IPOB

NGBAATI NGBAATI BRANCH
Re: Navy Destroys Illegal Refinery In Ondo by Nneii(f): 10:02pm On Mar 06
They will look for another location soon
Re: Navy Destroys Illegal Refinery In Ondo by seeker121(m): 10:02pm On Mar 06
You destroyed the one at home but travel far Europe to refined and charge heavily for what you can get on a platter of gold at home.Indeed only God knows what is wrong with the country.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Navy Destroys Illegal Refinery In Ondo by obinna58(m): 10:03pm On Mar 06
angry Iā€™m guessing they are not getting enough bribe money anymore due to increasing prices

5 Likes

Re: Navy Destroys Illegal Refinery In Ondo by Caramia2020(m): 10:03pm On Mar 06
Illegal refineries own by individuals are producing products across the nation but our own refinery haven't been able to refine 50 liters of fuel for God knows when n some are shining their buttered teeth that Dangote will reduce the price of fuel. The fuel will sell on a higher price.

6 Likes

Re: Navy Destroys Illegal Refinery In Ondo by Emmexguy123: 10:03pm On Mar 06
Even Ondo too?

1 Like

Re: Navy Destroys Illegal Refinery In Ondo by jetwonder(m): 10:04pm On Mar 06
grin grin grin
Nice one šŸ‘
Operation Forward!!!
Re: Navy Destroys Illegal Refinery In Ondo by inoki247: 10:04pm On Mar 06
Lol illegal refinery can produce while Dangote the Legal one no see Crude Produce grin shocked

7 Likes

Re: Navy Destroys Illegal Refinery In Ondo by davosea(m): 10:04pm On Mar 06
I cum in peace,tmake FG retain them na.
Re: Navy Destroys Illegal Refinery In Ondo by Lifemanage: 10:06pm On Mar 06
seeker121:
You destroyed the one at home but travel far Europe to refined and charge heavily for what you can get on a platter of gold at home.Indeed only God knows what is wrong with the country.
No be only God. Black man wickedness to themselves is legendary. Only their kings sold their people to the whites as slaves, and they now complain that the whites did slave trade. Now after independence, they have run down their own economy and the whites are now offering incentives to the best of the blacks to come over to their countries. What is really wrong with black men?

5 Likes

Re: Navy Destroys Illegal Refinery In Ondo by Golan007: 10:06pm On Mar 06
Lumarstone:
Why can't goverment retrain these people and license them to make there operational legal to enable NIGERIANS have essess of petroleum products.

Hence it's now established that those people called illegal refinary operators can produce those products, I think goverment should give them amnesty internationally for training and retraining to enable the country in the nearest future produce All this things locally than spending huge amount of money in importing it.

I left..!

As Americans dey train all the drug dealers to be pharmacists abi

62 Likes 1 Share

Re: Navy Destroys Illegal Refinery In Ondo by seeker121(m): 10:09pm On Mar 06
Speechless indeed black don't want to grow..
Re: Navy Destroys Illegal Refinery In Ondo by Obakoolex(m): 10:09pm On Mar 06
seeker121:
You people always talk as if those in government are fools or they're always wrong. Do you think government wouldn't have thought about it too and come to conclusion that it's not acceptable.
What if the refined product is adulterated or risky for your engine because it didn't pass through normal process

62 Likes

Re: Navy Destroys Illegal Refinery In Ondo by DJayi29: 10:09pm On Mar 06
Kudos this needs no explanation
Re: Navy Destroys Illegal Refinery In Ondo by Lifemanage: 10:10pm On Mar 06
seeker121:
No be only God. african wickedness to themselves is legendary. Only their kings sold their people to europe as slaves, and they now complain that the Europeans did slave trade. Now after independence, they have run down their own economy and the Europeans are now offering incentives to the best of the africans to come over to their countries. What is really wrong with African mindset?

1 Like

Re: Navy Destroys Illegal Refinery In Ondo by ivolt: 10:10pm On Mar 06
Lumarstone:

I left..!
Anybody can produce the product with few youtube videos when the raw material is free, that is stolen crude oil.
If they buy crude oil at the international price, they won't last a week in business.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Navy Destroys Illegal Refinery In Ondo by slimfit1(m): 10:10pm On Mar 06
TINTINABULATION:
Government has failed its citizens in all ramifications. We provide our water, light through solar or Generator, we grade our roads, contribute to buy electric transformer, employ Aboki for Security, they shld please simply leave us to produce & refine our oil too grin grin grin

I agree with you but how on earth did you miss health care services?

1 Like

Re: Navy Destroys Illegal Refinery In Ondo by Floky215: 10:13pm On Mar 06
Golan007:

As Americans dey train all the drug dealers to be pharmacists abi

You are obviously not a smart person..!!

Do drug dealers manufacture pharmaceutical drugs?

You are very dull bro...!!

It's better the government aid and regulate them..simple...!!

1 Like

Re: Navy Destroys Illegal Refinery In Ondo by haphizz57(m): 10:15pm On Mar 06
Local refinary but illegal. And d whole of nigeria cannot av dia own refinary to function legally. Dis country na scam. I pity d nxt generation because if tins stil continue like dis. Am nt seeing any beta future for d coming generations

2 Likes

Re: Navy Destroys Illegal Refinery In Ondo by Golan007: 10:16pm On Mar 06
Floky215:

You are obviously not a smart person..!!

Do drug dealers manufacture pharmaceutical drugs?

You are very dull bro...!!

It's better the government aid and regulate them..simple...!!

You are very stupid and you know it.

The madness that runs in your family is what you are exhibiting for the world to see.

slowpoke.

1 Like

Re: Navy Destroys Illegal Refinery In Ondo by oluseyiforjesus(m): 10:17pm On Mar 06
Ok
Re: Navy Destroys Illegal Refinery In Ondo by NaijaCover(m): 10:18pm On Mar 06
Hmmmmmm
Re: Navy Destroys Illegal Refinery In Ondo by Kharol1234: 10:18pm On Mar 06
judetov2:
How on Earth will I choose this as my choice of work...just how?
Na oil money
Re: Navy Destroys Illegal Refinery In Ondo by Erons2000(f): 10:19pm On Mar 06
Let federal government help dis local refineries to grow so price of petrol will come down,why are dey destroying something dat can help Nigerians,dey should tax dem and give dem loan to setup well,Dangote wey dey put billions nova refine any thing.....we need 2 start thinking outside d box.....PS E good as dey destroy yorubanza illegal bunkering,stupid people. grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Boko-Haram Members May Face War Crimes Charges ā€“ UN / Herman Hembe Influenced N800m Projects In 2018 Budget After Sack - Premium Times / Fayose Threatens To Sue EFCC, Demands N20bn, Public Apology For Placing Him On W

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.