Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,581 members, 7,837,190 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:32 PM

Navy Destroys Illegal Refinery In Ondo - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Navy Destroys Illegal Refinery In Ondo (12717 Views)

Troops Destroy Massive Illegal Refinery In Delta State (photos) / Kpofire: Michael John Williams Raids, Destroys Illegal Oil Bunkering Sites / Wike: Police DPO In Rumuji Owns An Illegal Refinery In Rivers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Navy Destroys Illegal Refinery In Ondo by Caleb15(m): 10:19pm On Mar 06
judetov2:
How on Earth will I choose this as my choice of work...just how?

The content of that gallon in the pics is worth somebody's salary, now imagine you have them in hundreds.
Re: Navy Destroys Illegal Refinery In Ondo by justking(m): 10:20pm On Mar 06
The Commander, Forward Operating Base, Igbokoda, Navy Captain Wasuku Alushi, disclosed this while speaking with journalists on Wednesday.

1 Like

Re: Navy Destroys Illegal Refinery In Ondo by Lumarstone: 10:24pm On Mar 06
Golan007:

As Americans dey train all the drug dealers to be pharmacists abi

some people are weeds smokers here, can't ever reseason positively. Very unfortunate for them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Navy Destroys Illegal Refinery In Ondo by StaffofOrayan(m): 10:29pm On Mar 06
These issue of illegal refineries just shows how useless our so called elites are! The fact that a modular refinery costs less than $400m for a 25,000 barrel capacity, should further show the level of disgust I have for these so called rich men, the money the government dashed dangote could have built at least 5 of these refineries in under 2 years, creating tens of thousands of jobs!

1 Like

Re: Navy Destroys Illegal Refinery In Ondo by HisChild86: 10:35pm On Mar 06
judetov2:
Environment makes a lot of our choices in life.

1 Like

Re: Navy Destroys Illegal Refinery In Ondo by willian10: 10:43pm On Mar 06
Lumarstone:
Why can't goverment retrain these people and license them to make there operational legal to enable NIGERIANS have essess of petroleum products.

Hence it's now established that those people called illegal refinary operators can produce those products, I think goverment should give them amnesty internationally for training and retraining to enable the country in the nearest future produce All this things locally than spending huge amount of money in importing it.

I left..!
Did you think about the environmental hazards?
Re: Navy Destroys Illegal Refinery In Ondo by Exousiang01(m): 10:47pm On Mar 06
seeker121:
You destroyed the one at home but travel far Europe to refined and charge heavily for what you can get on a platter of gold at home.Indeed only God knows what is wrong with the country.
If you have a car you would be worried that this fuel backyard refineries might find your way into your car.
But obviously you don't have a car, that is why you support this,

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Navy Destroys Illegal Refinery In Ondo by iamtardey: 10:47pm On Mar 06
Emmexguy123:
Even Ondo too?
undecided 💤
Re: Navy Destroys Illegal Refinery In Ondo by bukas15(m): 11:05pm On Mar 06
Exousiang01:

If you have a car you would be worried that this fuel backyard refineries might find your way into your car.
But obviously you don't have a car, that is why you support this,
Oga these fuel is far more better than what they import for us to use. Our crude is light crude, has less of sulphur compare to Brent crude with high sulphur content those guys import into this country
Re: Navy Destroys Illegal Refinery In Ondo by seeker121(m): 11:07pm On Mar 06
Okay car owner hopefully you have a way to distinguish this from ur so called refined fuel. Some of you lacks basic knowledge to comprehend simple message.
Re: Navy Destroys Illegal Refinery In Ondo by flexyrule(m): 11:09pm On Mar 06
judetov2:
Lol... If you know the amount of money they make everyday. You will delete this comment and microwave your phone.

1 Like

Re: Navy Destroys Illegal Refinery In Ondo by Stevedison(m): 11:22pm On Mar 06
Nigerian government will never see the broader picture.. Why not license those who are producing it? Equip them with the necessary skills.

They prefer to take our product outside, and then import it back and charge us exorbitantly. Always being slaves to the white.

Imagine the impart this local production would have on the economy.
Re: Navy Destroys Illegal Refinery In Ondo by Amah70: 11:24pm On Mar 06
Story. Let the men of the Navy go for their fantastic monthly salaries.
The politicians pay the armed forces well to help them sustain an impracticable unitary government system in a multi ethnic and multi religious country - an impossible task even a kid knows is not accomplishable.

The politicians steal most of the oil revenues and use the rest to form what looks like government at three levels in Nigeria.
Re: Navy Destroys Illegal Refinery In Ondo by Floky215: 11:28pm On Mar 06
Golan007:

You are very stupid and you know it.

The madness that runs in your family is what you are exhibiting for the world to see.

slowpoke.

Now this comment gave you out...!!

No wonder, you have a very shallow reasoning...!!

Even a cockroach would think better...!!
Re: Navy Destroys Illegal Refinery In Ondo by PropertyBuying(f): 11:33pm On Mar 06
Clamping down in illegal & criminal activities like this makes sense.
Re: Navy Destroys Illegal Refinery In Ondo by chinchum(m): 12:20am On Mar 07
Lumarstone:
Why can't goverment retrain these people and license them to make there operational legal to enable NIGERIANS have essess of petroleum products.

Hence it's now established that those people called illegal refinery operators can produce those products, I think goverment should give them amnesty internationally for training and retraining to enable the country in the nearest future produce All this things locally than spending huge amount of money in importing it.

I left..!
Enough of this asinine suggestion. Government must obliterate any oil pipeline vandal who set up illegal refinery by bombing them at site.

operators of Illegal refineries are pipeline vandals, economic saboteurs, environmental pollutionists, and murderers.

The oil refined from there will "knock" your car by the way.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Navy Destroys Illegal Refinery In Ondo by mkoabiola: 12:49am On Mar 07
judetov2:
This is very hilarious

But oil money na cool money
Re: Navy Destroys Illegal Refinery In Ondo by nedekid: 1:11am On Mar 07
seeker121:
You destroyed the one at home but travel far Europe to refined and charge heavily for what you can get on a platter of gold at home.Indeed only God knows what is wrong with the country.
No be juju be dat?
Re: Navy Destroys Illegal Refinery In Ondo by nedekid: 1:12am On Mar 07
A radical, b using minded prisident ceould handle this issue some other way.

1 Like

Re: Navy Destroys Illegal Refinery In Ondo by hodestruth: 2:41am On Mar 07
Some times l wonder if the government in power will ever get things done better, instead of destroying these so called illegal refineries why can't we ligalise them and make revenue from them and control their activities or is fuel from there not driving vehicles, if it had been bad, they would have ran out of business, so government should have a re-think on this matter to bring down fuel and desiel prices, no importation, no subsidies even more employment opportunities for the youths
Re: Navy Destroys Illegal Refinery In Ondo by Originalsly: 3:17am On Mar 07
immortalcrown:

Is the owner of the refinery too big to be mentioned in the news and be dragged to court?

If you sincerely fight against illegal refineries, why not disclose the identity of the owner of this illegal refinery?

Come to think of this: Though I don't support any form of illegality, why is it that Nigerian government cannot refine crude oil in Nigeria but Nigerians refine crude oil at their backyards in the same Nigeria? You may consider their fuel adulterated, but I believe it powers engines. If the fuel doesn't power engines, it will not sell and the business of illegal refineries would not have started. Well, I don't know much about this.

No doubt ... if the government were serious we would be hearing of the owners and operators being prosecuted and sentenced instead of hearing about the premises and products set ablaze. I strongly believe the illegal substandard product is sold to the petrol station operators who add it to their standard supplies.

1 Like

Re: Navy Destroys Illegal Refinery In Ondo by alfredfrddy(m): 5:08am On Mar 07
immortalcrown:
Is the owner of the refinery too big to be mentioned in the news and be dragged to court?

If you sincerely fight against illegal refineries, why not disclose the identity of the owner of this illegal refinery?

Come to think of this: Though I don't support any form of illegality, why is it that Nigerian government cannot refine crude oil in Nigeria but Nigerians refine crude oil at their backyards in the same Nigeria? You may consider their fuel adulterated, but I believe it powers engines. If the fuel doesn't power engines, it will not sell and the business of illegal refineries would not have started. Well, I don't know much about this.
You have spoken well. The available becomes the preferred as the preferred is expensive

1 Like

Re: Navy Destroys Illegal Refinery In Ondo by poiu44: 5:19am On Mar 07
So much pollution
Re: Navy Destroys Illegal Refinery In Ondo by HRMK: 5:38am On Mar 07
ISNT IT SENSELESS TO DESTROY ALL THESE PLACES?WHY NOT CONVERT SAME FOR THE USE OF THE COUNTRY?
Re: Navy Destroys Illegal Refinery In Ondo by kenex4ever(m): 5:51am On Mar 07
seeker121:

You certainly do not know much about the topic.

Just because they called them illegal refinery does not mean they are actually doing it the right way.

Crude oil has more than 10 things you can get from it when refined, such as PMS ie petrol, kerosine, diesel, lubricants, tar, natural gas, LPG or cooking gas etc.

But these people only extract diesel or kpofire which an impure form of diesel and then dispose the rest to the enviroment without proper waste management.

They sell and put in their pockets.

They basically waste the crude oil, by taking only diesel. In one drum of crude, they can produce like just 10 litres of diesel or less.
Re: Navy Destroys Illegal Refinery In Ondo by Tzar(m): 5:58am On Mar 07
Why not find a way to bring these people into formal refining. They clearly have a skill that just needs to be formalized.
Re: Navy Destroys Illegal Refinery In Ondo by poiu44: 5:58am On Mar 07
Rr
Re: Navy Destroys Illegal Refinery In Ondo by poiu44: 6:02am On Mar 07
Ff
Re: Navy Destroys Illegal Refinery In Ondo by Lavor234: 6:24am On Mar 07
We really need forward thinking people in governments Hopefully when Gen x and the boomers retire, the new breed can move this nation forward.
You destroy an illegal refinery, but are still exporting fuel and you want a pat on your shoulder. Why don't we think of indigenous content, if you refine these illegal refineries we will be going somewhere
Re: Navy Destroys Illegal Refinery In Ondo by SaturnNick(m): 6:27am On Mar 07
immortalcrown:

💯🙏👍🤷✌️

1 Like

Re: Navy Destroys Illegal Refinery In Ondo by crazygod(m): 6:32am On Mar 07
judetov2:
That guy is in money. You are simply lazy.
Re: Navy Destroys Illegal Refinery In Ondo by Jungleluv5: 6:38am On Mar 07
immortalcrown:

Na dem dem who no do well gets its refineries destroy . All of us na scam

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Understanding The Oil Theft Business In Nigeria (All About Stolen Crude) / Adamawa Cancels Official Christmas Homage / Governor Dakwanbo Took 8 Months To Swear In His Cabinet In 2011, 12 in 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.