Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,823 members, 7,817,399 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:33 AM

Who Created God? - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Created God? (19812 Views)

If God Created Everything, Who Created God? / Who Created GOD? / Who Created God Or How Did God Come Into Existence? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Created God? by narttis1: 8:45am On Nov 14, 2011
@OP,The universe is not eternal, Christianity and most other religions believe in a created universe. If the universe was created, then it has a beginning. Others believe in a big bang which was the beginning of the universe. Either way, the universe has a beginning. The universe was created and will one day end, hence it is finite.
Now coming to the issue of who created God, I would give my answers based on the fact that you agree there’s a God. First, you have to understand that God does not exist in time. He is self existent. We exist in time, but God does not. Let me give an example to show you the possibility of existence outside time.
It is a historical fact that Jesus was born approximately two thousand years ago ( a past event), now basic physics tells me that I can see an object because light rays from that object enters my eyes. Consider a planet 2000 light years away from the earth, to those there, the birth of Jesus is a present event, because light rays from the earth are now reaching there. Just recently, a new planet was discovered and it was estimated to be 4000 light years away from the earth. To those there, the birth of Jesus is a future event. T he same event can be is a both a past, present and future event depending on the side of the universe you are. Then a being who is omnipresent in such a universe has no past, no present and no future in our time. He simply exists beyond time.
This is not an attempt to prove the existence of God but to show the theoretical possibility of existence outside time. Thank you
Re: Who Created God? by numo86(m): 8:48am On Nov 14, 2011
my point is why should i not believe in a God who centuries ago gave us advanced knowledge and a book b4 even d scientist he created started thinking, why wont i believe wen d bible gives us evidence about Gods existence, i know many atheist doubt d bibles authenticity as well, b4 advanced technology came into play it was this same scientists and atheists that argued that d earth was flat and was hanging on d back of a sea turtle, just because they had limited knowledge they assumed all that and threw away what d bible said about d issue, while centuries ago bible writers who never had a space ship to travel outer space,through inspiration by Gods holy spirit could tell that d earth was circular and was hanging on nothing, all atheists please find a bible if u dont have 1 since u doubt everything from God and open to isaiah 40:22, and job 26:7,
My point is how did both job & isaiah get know all of this accurately,& penned it down centuries b4 space ships were invented, is that not prove that a supreme being,the creator of d heavens and earth gave them those details?, and those same scientists or rather atheist still want to argue or doubt Gods existence, what other proof do u guys want, d bible says just as d heavens are higher than the earth,so also Gods knowledge & wisdom surpasses ours,

just because u hav limited knowledge doesnt mean God doesnt exist, its not everything humans can get to find out & fathom,

Down till today as we speak atheists and evolutionist cant decipher why instead of humans evolving we are deteriorating,
The bible tells us why,but atheists cant tell us, i want to see that atheist that will tell us that he is above old age and death, i believe they'l be doin research on that all to come back to d same point, THERE IS A SUPREME BEING that created all things, we can never get to understand Gods ways, so stop findin out Gods beginnin because there is no startin point, we are mere dust with limited knowledge, if scientists want they can produce n manufacture all they can both good n bad, bombs,airplanes,ships and so on, when its time for God to bring an end to all knowledge n works counter to His mayb thats when y'all will know there is a God,
Re: Who Created God? by Kay17: 8:50am On Nov 14, 2011
Thats if there is awareness after death. Which is unreasonable to believe.
Re: Who Created God? by Acidosis(m): 8:51am On Nov 14, 2011
A proof of God's existence and creation is the fact that you and I exists. You can't question God's authority, you either believe in him and his existence or you suit yourself! That won't dethrone him 'cos he is the Lord of Lords, the same yesterday, today and forever!
Re: Who Created God? by JBL316: 8:52am On Nov 14, 2011
I know who created me. God of course! U wanna know who created God? Why not ask Him? He should know, at least i know who created me!
Re: Who Created God? by itoldu: 8:53am On Nov 14, 2011
@ beethoven, loving the conversation (student-professor) big thumbs up
Re: Who Created God? by greenhope(m): 8:55am On Nov 14, 2011
Its really simply.

GOD created God
Re: Who Created God? by raystanley(m): 9:02am On Nov 14, 2011
DONT MIND THOSE LUNATICS OF THE PAST WHO CREATED A SCENE THEY CAN'T DEFENED, IT TOOK ME 3 YEARS TO MAKE MY FINDINGS @MY TEEN AGE. I CAME OUT WITH THE ANSWER THERE IS NO God. IN D ACIENT THEY USE THIS ILLUSION TO ROB D MIND OF D LUNATIC IN ORDER TO EXSTORT FROM THEM THEIR BELONGS. THIS IS DUE TO THE FEAR OF POORVETY, FEAR OF DEATH, FEAR OF TERRO ETC, THAT IS WHY THEY WIN U MORE OVER with a sentence "THE FEAR OF GOD IS THE BEGINING OF WISDOM, INSEAD OF (LUNATIC)'
Re: Who Created God? by Okijajuju1(m): 9:24am On Nov 14, 2011
Man created God,
Re: Who Created God? by wale4x35(m): 9:33am On Nov 14, 2011
I disproved the first three based on simple logic: and showed that a universe from an uncaused cause fits perfectly with the Quranic argument for God

Now we know where this whole argument is heading to  grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Who Created God? by Flashaldrin(m): 9:58am On Nov 14, 2011
And it goes on and on and on, undecided undecided undecided
Believe what u want to believe abeg
Re: Who Created God? by Dariye(m): 10:00am On Nov 14, 2011
I've also always pondered on d question 'who created God or who was he before d earth was formed' but i'm yet to find a satisfying answer.
Now for the basis of arguement,Whether God exists can be argued for and against and we'll just continue going on and on without any reasonable conclusion.
To prove that God exists:in the old testament of the bible,genuine prophets of God performed miracles by merely praying to the God they believed existed and they were also given solutions when they were in difficulties.check out the journey of the israelites from egypt to their promised land (even if we were not there,there're still proofs that they happened. These(miracles) are things that science can not prove happened naturally. And even presently in d world today people still perform miraculous, spiritual things which science still can not explain.for instance,healing of all kinds of deformities, barren woman conceiving,hiv positive victims being healed and so on, most of which make doctors dumbfounded. Imagine a doctor tells a dying patient he has just 3 more weeks to live and after a prayer session with d patient by God believing people,he's still alive after 3 months,won't d doctor feel incompetent? Though most people think these things were achieved using voodoo,but even at that,it still proves a spiritual and powerful force exists.
On the other hand,there're still some happenings that spiritually, cannot be explained,even if u meet a spiritual lectures to enlighten u,you'll find no convincing answer but science can give a satisfying answer.take 4 instance how rain falls,science'll tell u how water forms in the sky through evaporation and there're proofs to this like the dew in d morning,but a spiritualist'll tell u it is controlled by God as he wishes(not convincing enough).and so on.
And they also say God spoke directly to people in the old. Now why does that not happen again? Is it that God never existed and they were just hallucinating or it was just their imagination. or is it that he used to exist and no longer does or he still exists but has just decided to be silent about all that's presently happening even the arguements about his existence?
As for me,i was born a xtian and is still one but having so many unanswered questions in this religious aspect and on this matter'll stay on the fence and be patient to find out whether some1 here'll find a reasonable answer to the question:DOES GOD EXIST?
lipsrsealed
Re: Who Created God? by yuboy: 10:03am On Nov 14, 2011
cow heads GOD is real sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad
Re: Who Created God? by strongguy(m): 10:11am On Nov 14, 2011
GOD IS A SPIRIT.NOT A HUMAN BEING,NOT WITH FLESH AND BLOOD THAT HE SHOULD LIE.IST UNDERSTANDING
Re: Who Created God? by Kx: 10:26am On Nov 14, 2011
Some questions got no answer.
This is one of those.
Re: Who Created God? by jmoore(m): 11:15am On Nov 14, 2011
@ those who deny the existence of God, is this all there is to life? to be born, live and die, decay and end up nowhere?

as for the answer to the question, No one created God, that's why is God which our brains cannot comprehend.

Like someone already said here, the conclusion of those who doubt the existence of God will be reached when they die.

Kay 17:

The greatest test for God is PERFECTION. Does his creation mirror his perfection? My answer is NO. Because, my mind can conceive a better picture of perfection

God gave us freewill, to choose between right and wrong.
Re: Who Created God? by lynxnoon(m): 11:45am On Nov 14, 2011
@poster
go down on ur knees and ASK God.
Simple
Re: Who Created God? by tbaba1234: 12:29pm On Nov 14, 2011
lynxnoon:

@poster
go down on your knees and ASK God.
Simple

I already believe in God, read the first entry
Re: Who Created God? by Dele78: 12:52pm On Nov 14, 2011
Can you imagine the value of 'infinity' in your mathematics,I tell you the beginning of the beginning is unfathomable, so is God to human being. Atheists take note of this!
Re: Who Created God? by eewule(m): 1:06pm On Nov 14, 2011
Regarding the infinity theory, how about the possibility that God created himself. I believe that God exists as described in the bible, I am not an active christain and i have seen little proof to back this but i just believe for untold reasons
Re: Who Created God? by Nautillus(m): 2:21pm On Nov 14, 2011
This is an Infinite thread
Re: Who Created God? by Nobody: 3:14pm On Nov 14, 2011
Creationists are funny. their points can easily be seen to have loop holes. I can't imagine somebody telling me from nature he fathomed God to exist, meaning,the person created it out of his ability to relate with things in nature -which many are seeing as refutable evidence here. As if only them can relate with nature. Indeed, I would like to point out here that there is no basic evidence to prove that God exist as an entity in the form most creationists postulate.

From my observations of comments posted in this thread by those who are bent on accepting faith as the evidence of the existence of God rather creator - which from my own deduction are two different things- are either they being unreasonable or accept what they don't have understanding of with equanimity drawing conclusion on God for composure. If I must addressed the origin of God, I would first of all say humans created God, who they postulate to create all things - which is more or less an unproven theory. From an intelligent perspective testing the theory of God existence only prove weaknesses based on inability to reason beyond some limit with some human senses,but when you go further you know something exist, that's where tangible Science of mathematics comes in with evidences that can be related to real world phenomenon, which we know and have be proven to be no other world than the physical world. Even the so called tens of dimensions can only happen in the physical world and only in it all things exist - even emptiness included. So, God is nothing order than human creation to exercise some compulsory intelligence, which at the time of its inception(God created by man) it was working well for the people, not in my generation of 21st century with many evidences to disapprove of what religion proofs of God are.

However, give me science and religion any day as choices - I would take science which I can relate with and it is evolving unlike religion which only tell you that God is almighty and yet failed to even unravel natural phenomenon. In the slightest of it deceit people fail to accept what it is, con - like the so called miracles which they say defies science understanding which in the real senses are just tricks we see with magicians in our daily lives.  To add little to that, religion would have stuck human race backward by some of its stances on things which require scientific approach.

Then, who is God?God can be anything which never existed but only in human imaginations and myths.
Re: Who Created God? by elliottibanga(m): 3:46pm On Nov 14, 2011
''The Earth is firmly fixed; it shall not be moved." - Psalms 104:5

This bible verse shackled the minds of men for thousands of years, and held back the advance of science. When Galileo proclaimed that the earth was spherical (not flat) and rotated upon its axis and the sun, he was threatened by the church and told to recant his ''blasphemy'' or face torture!

Technologies like GPS Navigation, Meteorology and Satellite Communication Systems are proof that today's Scientific endeavors will lead to tomorrow's common sense.

Religious beliefs and doctrine have always thrived in the gaps of human and Scientific knowledge. But worry not my friends the gaps are getting smaller!!!
Re: Who Created God? by raystanley(m): 3:59pm On Nov 14, 2011
dont quote the bile cause it will always suits your point, to cheat others
Re: Who Created God? by raystanley(m): 3:59pm On Nov 14, 2011
dont quote the bible cause it will always suits your point, to cheat others
Re: Who Created God? by naylove(m): 4:01pm On Nov 14, 2011
philosopshers and their foolish thought processes. then again, i could be wrong if you turn out not be a philosopher.
but this rational thinking  leads me to assume you might be one.    

i will have you know that there have been others before you who have pondered this same question that you post here.and there will be many more even after you.

what is so difficult to understand about this? ~in the beginning was the word, and the word was with God and the word was God.   then again the answer isnt far fetched.  you are either bereft of understanding or maybe you have just been made incapable of comprehending it for this same purpose

I will not even waste my time to try and explain anything to you here.   of what use?

here is a way you can be of help to urself        go to google and be very open minded.oops, you cant even do that coz ur mind is blocked.   well, continue to lounge in ur state of rational crapitude.    very soon, you will find the answers you seek
Re: Who Created God? by Nobody: 4:06pm On Nov 14, 2011
@raystanley

You are the one that's been cheated and cheating. It is surprising you can't see that!
Re: Who Created God? by elliottibanga(m): 4:10pm On Nov 14, 2011
@ raystanley

Every time you use your Cell phone or Watch cable/ Satellite TV or use the internet for that matter, your confirming the scientific principles that where fought against by people like you. Also my dear creationist, you need to work on your diction.
Re: Who Created God? by Nobody: 4:12pm On Nov 14, 2011
naylove:

philosopshers and their foolish thought processes. then again, i could be wrong if you turn out not be a philosopher.
but this rational thinking  leads me to assume you might be one.    

i will have you know that there have been others before you who have pondered this same question that you post here.and there will be many more even after you.

what is so difficult to understand about this? ~in the beginning was the word, and the word was with God and the word was God.   then again the answer isnt far fetched.  you are either bereft of understanding or maybe you have just been made incapable of comprehending it for this same purpose

I will not even waste my time to try and explain anything to you here.   of what use?

here is a way you can be of help to urself        go to google and be very open minded.oops, you cant even do that coz your mind is blocked.   well, continue to lounge in your state of rational crapitude.    very soon, you will find the answers you seek
You couldn't explain yourself then you are throwing tantrum. Take a look and tell me how rational that is to you?. Prove it- the line I put in bold. The WORD!
Re: Who Created God? by numo86(m): 5:02pm On Nov 14, 2011
elliottibanga:

''The Earth is firmly fixed; it shall not be moved." - Psalms 104:5

This bible verse shackled the minds of men for thousands of years, and held back the advance of science. When Galileo proclaimed that the earth was spherical (not flat) and rotated upon its axis and the sun, he was threatened by the church and told to recant his ''blasphemy'' or face torture!

Technologies like GPS Navigation, Meteorology and Satellite Communication Systems are proof that today's Scientific endeavors will lead to tomorrow's common sense.

Religious beliefs and doctrine have always thrived in the gaps of human and Scientific knowledge. But worry not my friends the gaps are getting smaller!!!

hey!!!, dont misunderstand or rather mis-interprete that bible verse, when psalms says the earth is fixed and cant be moved,he meant that d earth will not be made to totter or be destroyed , he meant that d earth wil stand to times indefinite and will last forever, hope u get that point, b4 galileo ever thought about d earth bein circular d book of isaiah and job had already told man long in writing that d earth is circular and is hangin on nothin, i doubt u'v come across those scripture, science is learnin from Gods creation, dont ever think science can out - do Gods knowledge, if u ever think dat way then u better do a brain test, the air planes we see today,all its principle of flyin were gotten from d birds in d sky, man can only manufacture from Gods creation not from an un-imaginable source,
Re: Who Created God? by laj1(m): 5:02pm On Nov 14, 2011
No one
Re: Who Created God? by Nobody: 5:16pm On Nov 14, 2011
numo86:

hey!!!, dont misunderstand or rather mis-interprete that bible verse, when psalms says the earth is fixed and cant be moved,he meant that d earth will not be made to totter or be destroyed , he meant that d earth wil stand to times indefinite and will last forever, hope u get that point, b4 galileo ever thought about d earth bein circular d book of isaiah and job had already told man long in writing that d earth is circular and is hangin on nothin, i doubt u'v come across those scripture, science is learnin from Gods creation, dont ever think science can out - do Gods knowledge, if u ever think dat way then u better do a brain test, the air planes we see today,all its principle of flyin were gotten from d birds in d sky, man can only manufacture from Gods creation not from an un-imaginable source,
From nature not from God's creation(not because your writers said so).Science believes in physical phenomenon but creationists believe in the opposite - believing in supernaturals which cannot impact the natural.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Just How Big Do You Think Bishop Oyedepo's Ministry Is? / What Gospel Songs Minister To You Most?? / Bishop Oyedepo & His Wife, Faith, Celebrate 39th Wedding Anniversary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.