Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,919 members, 7,817,691 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:26 PM

Who Created God? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Created God? (19814 Views)

If God Created Everything, Who Created God? / Who Created GOD? / Who Created God Or How Did God Come Into Existence? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Created God? by onchefx: 4:59am On Nov 14, 2011
LOOK HERE MR POSTER,IT IS ONE THE HUMANITY WILL NEVER EVER EVER EVER UNDERSTAND OR COMPREHEND TILL THE END OF TIME,I HAVE TRIED TO ASK AND IMAGINED WHO CREATED GOD BUT I CANT FIND AN ANSWER SOMETIME I IMAGINE UNTIL I FALL INTO A STATE OF 'NO EXISTENCE' PLS POSTER FORGET ABOUT WHO CREATED GOD AND WORSHIP HIS OMNISCIENCE,OMNIPRESENCE,AND OMNIPOTENCE.THAT WILL DO YOU GOOD THAN ,
Re: Who Created God? by mrnononsense: 5:05am On Nov 14, 2011
"Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of his understanding." (Isaiah 40:28).
Re: Who Created God? by uthamaputi: 5:21am On Nov 14, 2011
Another God,
Re: Who Created God? by sibb2011: 5:35am On Nov 14, 2011
Only fools will says there is no God.
Re: Who Created God? by plaetton: 5:42am On Nov 14, 2011
@Op:
With due respect, i think you are caught up in the god delusion. based on the references you post on ur previous post, it seems that you are doing some kind of academic project so you have assembled a hodge podge of ideas from numerous source trying to make a cohesive argument fro you case for  a god. i think you fail each time. I would mark you an F. Your ideas are so incoherent and so disconnected , yet you always manage to convince yourself just to validate your religious beliefs.
Your point are so convoluted as I have remarked earlier that one does not where from what angle to refute them. For example, according to you,seeking for the creator of god would lead us to infinite numbers of creators, therefore its impossible to have infinite numbers of ccreators, and therefore there should only be one creator. Nonsense and totally absurd.

If the notion a self created universe is absurd, then  the notion of an uncaused is even more absurd because the universe is real (we can see and feel it), but the uncaused cause is just a figment of your imagination and exists only in fairyland.  
Martian and others have pretty well posted what is in my mind.
No matter how you twist it or  play with words, the notion of god is still just in your mind, that is where it has always been.
Re: Who Created God? by beethoven: 5:44am On Nov 14, 2011
For the initiator of this thread, the question of who created God is just one of the mysteries that humans shouldn't bother delving into as they are transcedental

And now the transcript of a conversation between one of the greatest men (Albert Eistein) that ever walked on the surface of the earth, and his professor, Enjoy  cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

[b]An atheist professor of Philosophy was speaking to his class on the problem Science has with GOD. He asked one of his new Christian Students to stand and . . .

Professor : You are a Christian, aren't you, son ?

Student : Yes, sir.

Professor: So, you believe in GOD ?

Student : Absolutely, sir.

Professor : Is GOD good ?

Student : Sure.

professor: Is GOD all powerful ?

Student : Yes.

Professor: My brother died of cancer even though he prayed to GOD to heal him. Most of us would attempt to help others who are ill. But GOD didn't. How is this GOD good then? Hmm?

(Student was silent.)

Professor: You can't answer, can you ? Let's start again, young fella. Is GOD good?

Professor: Is satan good ?

Student : No.

Professor: Where does satan come from ?

Student : From . . . GOD . . .

Professor: That's right. Tell me son, is there evil in this world?

Professor: Evil is everywhere, isn't it ? And GOD did make everything. Correct?

Professor: So who created evil ?

(Student did not answer.)

Professor: Is there sickness? Immorality? Hatred? Ugliness? All these terrible things exist in the world, don't they?

Professor: So, who created them ?

(Student had no answer.)

Professor: Science says you have 5 Senses you use to identify and observe the world around you. Tell me, son, have you ever seen GOD?

Student : No, sir.

Professor: Tell us if you have ever heard your GOD?

Student : No , sir.

Professor: Have you ever felt your GOD, tasted your GOD, smelt your GOD? Have you ever had any sensory perception of GOD for that matter?

Student : No, sir. I'm afraid I haven't.

Professor: Yet you still believe in Him?

Professor : According to Empirical, Testable, Demonstrable Protocol, Science says your GOD doesn't exist. What do you say to that, son?

Student : Nothing. I only have my faith.

Professor: Yes, faith. And that is the problem Science has.

Student : Professor, is there such a thing as heat?

Professor: Yes.

Student : And is there such a thing as cold?

Student : No, sir. There isn't.

(The lecture theatre became very quiet with this turn of events.)

Student : Sir, you can have lots of heat, even more heat, superheat, mega heat, white heat, a little heat or no heat. But we don't have anything called cold. We can hit 458 degrees below zero which is no heat, but we can't go any further after that. There is no such thing as cold. Cold is only a word we use to describe the absence of heat. We cannot measure cold. Heat is energy. Cold is not the opposite of heat, sir, just the absence of it.

(There was pin-drop silence in the lecture theater.)

Student : What about darkness, Professor? Is there such a thing as darkness?

Professor: Yes. What is night if there isn't darkness?

Student : You're wrong again, sir. Darkness is the absence of something. You can have low light, normal light, bright light, flashing light. But if you have no light constantly, you have nothing and its called darkness, isn't it? In reality, darkness isn't. If it is, were you would be able to make darkness darker, wouldn't you?

Professor: So what is the point you are making, young man ?

Student : Sir, my point is your philosophical premise is flawed.

Professor: Flawed ? Can you explain how?

Student : Sir, you are working on the premise of duality. You argue there is life and then there is death, a good GOD and a bad GOD. You are viewing the concept of GOD as something finite, something we can measure. Sir, Science can't even explain a thought. It uses electricity and magnetism, but has never seen, much less fully understood either one. To view death as the opposite of life is to be ignorant of the fact that death cannot exist as a substantive thing.

Death is not the opposite of life: just the absence of it. Now tell me, Professor, do you teach your students that they evolved from a monkey?

Professor: If you are referring to the natural evolutionary process, yes, of course, I do.

Student : Have you ever observed evolution with your own eyes, sir?

(The Professor shook his head with a smile, beginning to realize where the argument was going.)

Student : Since no one has ever observed the process of evolution at work and cannot even prove that this process is an on-going endeavor. Are you not teaching your opinion, sir? Are you not a scientist but a preacher?

(The class was in uproar.)

Student : Is there anyone in the class who has ever seen the Professor's brain?

(The class broke out into laughter. )

Student : Is there anyone here who has ever heard the Professor's brain, felt it, touched or smelt it? No one appears to have done so. So, according to the established Rules of Empirical, Stable, Demonstrable Protocol, Science says that you have no brain, sir. With all due respect, sir, how do we then trust your lectures, sir?

(The room was silent. The Professor stared at the student, his face unfathomable.)

Professor: I guess you'll have to take them on faith, son.

Student : That is it sir . . . Exactly ! The link between man & GOD is FAITH. That is all that keeps things alive and moving.[/b]
Re: Who Created God? by plaetton: 5:50am On Nov 14, 2011
faith created and sustains god.

Man believes that god created man in his own image, so man quickly returned the favour by creating god in his own image, and then goes on to worship the creator.
Re: Who Created God? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 5:51am On Nov 14, 2011
[size=13pt]The Bible is supposedly God's perfect Word. It contains instructions to humankind for avoiding the eternal fires of hell. How wonderful and kind of this God to provide us with this means of overcoming the problems for which he is ultimately responsible! The all-powerful God could have, by a mere act of will, eliminated all of the problems we humans must endure, but instead, in his infinite wisdom, he has opted to offer this indecipherable amalgam of books which is the Bible as a means for avoiding the hell which he has prepared for us. The perfect God has decided to reveal his wishes in this imperfect work, written in the imperfect language of imperfect man, translated, copied, interpreted, voted on, and related by imperfect man.  grin[/size]
Re: Who Created God? by Nobody: 6:02am On Nov 14, 2011
beethoven:

For the initiator of this thread, the question of who created God is just one of the mysteries that humans shouldn't bother delving into as they are transcedental

And now the transcript of a conversation between one of the greatest men (Albert Eistein) that ever walked on the surface of the earth, and his professor,  Enjoy  cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

[b]An atheist professor of Philosophy was speaking to his class on the problem Science has with GOD. He asked one of his new Christian Students to stand and . . .

Professor : You are a Christian, aren't you, son ?

Professor: So, you believe in GOD ?

Student : Absolutely, sir.

Professor : Is GOD good ?

Student : Sure.

professor: Is GOD all powerful ?

Professor: My brother died of cancer even though he prayed to GOD to heal him. Most of us would attempt to help others who are ill. But GOD didn't. How is this GOD good then? Hmm?

(Student was silent.)

Professor: You can't answer, can you ? Let's start again, young fella. Is GOD good?

Professor: Is satan good ?

Student : No.

Professor: Where does satan come from ?

Student : From . . . GOD . . .

Professor: That's right. Tell me son, is there evil in this world?

Professor: Evil is everywhere, isn't it ? And GOD did make everything. Correct?

Professor: So who created evil ?

(Student did not answer.)

Professor: Is there sickness? Immorality? Hatred? Ugliness? All these terrible things exist in the world, don't they?

Professor: So, who created them ?

(Student had no answer.)

Professor: Science says you have 5 Senses you use to identify and observe the world around you. Tell me, son, have you ever seen GOD?

Student : No, sir.

Professor: Tell us if you have ever heard your GOD?

Student : No , sir.

Professor: Have you ever felt your GOD, tasted your GOD, smelt your GOD? Have you ever had any sensory perception of GOD for that matter?

Student : No, sir. I'm afraid I haven't.

Professor: Yet you still believe in Him?

Professor : According to Empirical, Testable, Demonstrable Protocol, Science says your GOD doesn't exist. What do you say to that, son?

Student : Nothing. I only have my faith.

Professor: Yes, faith. And that is the problem Science has.

Student : Professor, is there such a thing as heat?

Student : And is there such a thing as cold?

Student : No, sir. There isn't.

(The lecture theatre became very quiet with this turn of events.)

Student : Sir, you can have lots of heat, even more heat, superheat, mega heat, white heat, a little heat or no heat. But we don't have anything called cold. We can hit 458 degrees below zero which is no heat, but we can't go any further after that. There is no such thing as cold. Cold is only a word we use to describe the absence of heat. We cannot measure cold. Heat is energy. Cold is not the opposite of heat, sir, just the absence of it.

(There was pin-drop silence in the lecture theater.)

Student : What about darkness, Professor? Is there such a thing as darkness?

Professor: Yes. What is night if there isn't darkness?

Student : You're wrong again, sir. Darkness is the absence of something. You can have low light, normal light, bright light, flashing light. But if you have no light constantly, you have nothing and its called darkness, isn't it? In reality, darkness isn't. If it is, were you would be able to make darkness darker, wouldn't you?

Professor: So what is the point you are making, young man ?

Student : Sir, my point is your philosophical premise is flawed.

Professor: Flawed ? Can you explain how?

Student : Sir, you are working on the premise of duality. You argue there is life and then there is death, a good GOD and a bad GOD. You are viewing the concept of GOD as something finite, something we can measure. Sir, Science can't even explain a thought. It uses electricity and magnetism, but has never seen, much less fully understood either one. To view death as the opposite of life is to be ignorant of the fact that death cannot exist as a substantive thing.

Death is not the opposite of life: just the absence of it. Now tell me, Professor, do you teach your students that they evolved from a monkey?

Professor: If you are referring to the natural evolutionary process, yes, of course, I do.

Student : Have you ever observed evolution with your own eyes, sir?

(The Professor shook his head with a smile, beginning to realize where the argument was going.)

Student : Since no one has ever observed the process of evolution at work and cannot even prove that this process is an on-going endeavor. Are you not teaching your opinion, sir? Are you not a scientist but a preacher?

(The class was in uproar.)

Student : Is there anyone in the class who has ever seen the Professor's brain?

(The class broke out into laughter. )

Student : Is there anyone here who has ever heard the Professor's brain, felt it, touched or smelt it? No one appears to have done so. So, according to the established Rules of Empirical, Stable, Demonstrable Protocol, Science says that you have no brain, sir. With all due respect, sir, how do we then trust your lectures, sir?

(The room was silent. The Professor stared at the student, his face unfathomable.)

Professor: I guess you'll have to take them on faith, son.

Student : That is it sir . . . Exactly ! The link between man & GOD is[b] FAITH[/b]. That is all that keeps things alive and moving.[/b]

What is faith? belief that is not based on proof! You still can't prove God exists
Re: Who Created God? by numo86(m): 7:05am On Nov 14, 2011
nobody has actualy replied my posts, i will ask the atheists here, if ur kinds that dont believe in God make us believe some scientifical facts although also based on assumption and hypothesis why cant we believe that a powerful supreme being created d universe, ?, it baffles me to see how scientists arduously study d universe and life here on earth but @ d end of d day give d glory to evolution, they end up worshipin d created rather than d creator, your claims for God not existin is inexcusable!!!!, God is just everywhere, electricity we all want to be in our houses is sometin we'v never seen b4 wit our eyes, but we feel it, i want some1 to reply,
Re: Who Created God? by silibaba: 7:09am On Nov 14, 2011
in the beginning was the word
and the word was with God
and the word was God.

that is to say that God has not beginning
no one created him
that is why he is called God and not gods
Re: Who Created God? by kayode72: 7:13am On Nov 14, 2011
The beauty of this debate/argument/discuss is that, all views irrespective of the camp it may belong to (Muslim, Christian, atheist) expressed is LIMITED to the extent of your logical reasoning power or intelligence, The underlying word being LIMITED. Am sure if we, as humans are endowed with infinite knowledge, we would have answer to this question, but let's not be in a hurry to know who created God, in death which is certain for everybody and when knowledge will no longer be limited. Then you shall all Know.

What you are trying to achieve with this post, OP to put it in another form is trying to answer the question of which comes first, The Chicken or the Egg? which in all the human knowledge of this age and time still can't answer with certainty.
Re: Who Created God? by Kay17: 7:23am On Nov 14, 2011
The silly Einstein story. What makes you sure you have a brain or a tumor?

The Egyptians made that mistake.
Re: Who Created God? by Kay17: 7:25am On Nov 14, 2011
@kayode

have you reached the limit and edge of human reasoning? Are you omniscient?
Re: Who Created God? by auwal87(m): 7:27am On Nov 14, 2011
It is God's only command to say Be and it is.

God is beyond human imagination, else you will loose your brain, smoke will come out from all your ears and nose.  grin

Science itself is God's creation.

God is not in His own creation, He is not a creation, He was never created.
Re: Who Created God? by eridah2007(m): 7:37am On Nov 14, 2011
GOD CREATED HIMSELF undecided
Re: Who Created God? by KINGwax(m): 7:45am On Nov 14, 2011
bayooooooo:

What is faith? belief that is not based on proof! You still can't prove God exists
the truth solely lies on my philosophy of belief i deduced some years back, "man will alwys believe that which confuses him". That is, what he could not explain, what causes wonder. People, us, that believe in God has seen His wonderful wonders and it remained a mystery since most of it defied the natural law. And you, if you are an atheist, only believe He doesn't exist jst because u have 'convinced' yourself that it can't be true. For once it would have been easier to achieve immortality if one could knw that exact part that life resides in the body by trapping it there! But since one organ dead could result in loss of life, where does this life evolve from and stays in the whole body?
Re: Who Created God? by Kay17: 7:47am On Nov 14, 2011
^^^ For faith to live, reason must die. And funny enough you would then believe your faith system is better someone else own, whereas you both share irrationality.

GOD IS mighty, powerful, indestructible! HOW DID YOU GET TO KNOW ALL THESE ATTRIBUTES?!
Re: Who Created God? by otheloze: 7:47am On Nov 14, 2011
The continuous copy cat role the black race play will set Africans adrift trying to catch up with acclaimed Imperialist supremacy. This act further bolsters the inferiority complex among black( hence we were comments like oyinbo too much). The inept shallowness of mind and spirituality of the Average black man places him on the scale of backwardness. It suffices to mention that the seed of discord planted by western Imperialist under the guise of organised Religion and capitalism which has torn Africa apart should be recklessly abandoned (after extracting any positivity if any)  and raise our true   identity of Honor, Respect and Fear of the Creator.
Re: Who Created God? by sebastinta(m): 7:48am On Nov 14, 2011
We all have think abt it once in our live TIME, WHAT WAS B4 GOD, BUT ITS BETTER TO LET IT BE, ITS A MYSTERY (ITS ABOVE HUMAN KNOWLEDGE).
NEXT TOPIC PLSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Who Created God? by Kay17: 7:52am On Nov 14, 2011
The greatest test for God is PERFECTION. Does his creation mirror his perfection? My answer is NO. Because, my mind can conceive a better picture of perfection
Re: Who Created God? by sebastinta(m): 7:57am On Nov 14, 2011
am surprised to see that many nigerians don`t blive in god, what has d churches been doing :/
Re: Who Created God? by gentlesJ(m): 7:59am On Nov 14, 2011
'God uses the foolish things of this world to confound the wise,'My pastor use to say that it's good to know God before having advanced education,I use to question that notion but now I can see clearly what he meant.God is a mystery,one can't understand Him by using mental assent only but via spiritual sensibility.Who created God?Nobody.Is there God in existent?Yes!How do I get to know him?Go to a bible believing church and get bible,study it and u wouldn't be asking this question.
Re: Who Created God? by Kay17: 8:02am On Nov 14, 2011
When you are too confused to define what your God means. So what are you worshipping? How are you sure its not the devil?
Re: Who Created God? by godman01(m): 8:06am On Nov 14, 2011
A fool has said in his heart, there is no God.
Re: Who Created God? by jayz10: 8:08am On Nov 14, 2011
Nobody. God manifest in two form . The light and the Sound .
Re: Who Created God? by dustydee: 8:10am On Nov 14, 2011
I won't try to prove there is God but I know there is God, find Him for yourself.
Re: Who Created God? by Pain(m): 8:11am On Nov 14, 2011
You can all go on ranting your warped up bladadash .
You all expect that "3 dimensional" wrinkled mass you call a brain to explain the "infidimensional"
It is simply beyond your abilities. Please find something worthwhile doing and stop trying to sound smart when you all aren't.
Re: Who Created God? by olamike: 8:12am On Nov 14, 2011
Psalm 53 verse one and Psalm 14 verse 1. The fools says in their heart that there is no God.Pls dont be a fool lets be wise.
Re: Who Created God? by Sagewood: 8:29am On Nov 14, 2011
This thread will extend to 100 or 1000 pages, and there will be no agreement or conclusions.
That is the beauty of God's mystery.

Below is one of my favorite quotes:

"To justify the ways of God to men is to elucidate the conflict between God's eternal foresight and free will" - John Milton, Paradise Lost.
Re: Who Created God? by itoldu: 8:41am On Nov 14, 2011
you can see a spec of dust in your eye, yet you decide to remove the log of wood you can't see. there are certain things that you were made to believe such as your birth but you don't know how you were born. you were only told and you believed. So some wise guy posts this topic and yet he has been told what he has to do to see God. An atheist who really wants to know would just have to live by the laws of the book. when he gets to see or hear from God, his question would be answered. [i]"You won't know until you have tried"[/i]. A fellow man answering this question is just like the ocean telling you "i am going up into the sky to quench the sun"
Re: Who Created God? by lifestyle1(m): 8:45am On Nov 14, 2011
[size=15pt]QUESTION: WHO CREATED GOD ?

ANSWER : WHEN YOU DIE U WILL GET YOUR ANSWER, WAIT TILL YOU DIE, OK ? lipsrsealed[/size]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Just How Big Do You Think Bishop Oyedepo's Ministry Is? / What Gospel Songs Minister To You Most?? / Bishop Oyedepo & His Wife, Faith, Celebrate 39th Wedding Anniversary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.