Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,074 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:28 AM

'give Me Power To Spend Security Votes Like Govs' - Wike Lobbies Lawmakers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'give Me Power To Spend Security Votes Like Govs' - Wike Lobbies Lawmakers (21822 Views)

SERAP Sues Govs, Wike Over "Failure To Account For Missing ₦‎40T LG Allocation" / Ex-Army Chief, Buratai Lobbies Beninese Government To Extradite Sunday Igboho / President Condé Of Guinea Lobbies Buhari For Tinubu In Daura Ahead Of 2023 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

'give Me Power To Spend Security Votes Like Govs' - Wike Lobbies Lawmakers by politicoNG: 7:12pm On Mar 18
The Minister of FCT, Nyesom Wike, has asked the House of Representatives to grant him the power to arbitrarily spend funds under the controversial “security vote” scheme.

Mr Wike, while appearing before the House Committee on FCT on Monday to defend the N1.1 trillion budget of his ministry, said he needs the security vote to tackle the insecurity currently ravaging the Nigerian capital.

The security vote is a controversial and corruption-ridden scheme often used by state governors to spend money arbitrarily without any form of transparency. Anti-corruption advocates have long argued that the security vote has become a conduit for siphoning funds.

“As a governor, my director of SSS can meet me and say ‘We need to carry out an operation this night’. We need N30 million to carry out that operation. I don’t need to meet the accountant, all I need to say is ‘go and take money there,” Mr Wike told the lawmakers.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/678611-just-in-give-me-power-to-spend-security-votes-like-governors-wike-lobbies-lawmakers.html?fbclid=IwAR2p_V7mOYMmS8ZDYhgdu8sVZwfHxENA0nX1PJT3eK_ISL1EkbgAPzmMpGQ

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 'give Me Power To Spend Security Votes Like Govs' - Wike Lobbies Lawmakers by atiku4President(m): 7:14pm On Mar 18
Receive the power

70 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 'give Me Power To Spend Security Votes Like Govs' - Wike Lobbies Lawmakers by paramakina202: 7:15pm On Mar 18
Thief if they give you such power what about other ministers?

109 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 'give Me Power To Spend Security Votes Like Govs' - Wike Lobbies Lawmakers by Foreverly02: 7:17pm On Mar 18
Take it now.
Contact me for your academic assignment, for a professional work. Number in my signature 👇👇

7 Likes

Re: 'give Me Power To Spend Security Votes Like Govs' - Wike Lobbies Lawmakers by FaceTanke: 7:21pm On Mar 18
If e go reach me, abeg make dem give am...

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'give Me Power To Spend Security Votes Like Govs' - Wike Lobbies Lawmakers by Dikegodspower(m): 7:22pm On Mar 18
This wike guy sef, last week was creating the office oftye Chief of Staff to FCT minister, now he want to security votes , my question is, why does he want to spend money like elected officials?
I tire o

96 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 'give Me Power To Spend Security Votes Like Govs' - Wike Lobbies Lawmakers by Godfullsam(m): 7:26pm On Mar 18
Woke wants to be governor of FCT grin.

Kolework!

121 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 'give Me Power To Spend Security Votes Like Govs' - Wike Lobbies Lawmakers by NwaNimo1(m): 7:32pm On Mar 18
Wike dness.....

...Give me power to loot more!

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 'give Me Power To Spend Security Votes Like Govs' - Wike Lobbies Lawmakers by Ofunaofu: 7:32pm On Mar 18
Wike must have missed the unaccounted billions of Naira he cornered in the name of security votes while he was governor of Rivers State, and he wants the same now that he is the FCT minister.

No governor has ever accounted for all the billons stolen in the name of security votes.

81 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 'give Me Power To Spend Security Votes Like Govs' - Wike Lobbies Lawmakers by BondRiv: 7:32pm On Mar 18
FCT deserves its own security vote and reasonable allocation not intertwined with that of the FG.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 'give Me Power To Spend Security Votes Like Govs' - Wike Lobbies Lawmakers by PheelzAlmighty: 7:32pm On Mar 18
This guy is obsessed with power..

Who do Nigeria this thing?

58 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'give Me Power To Spend Security Votes Like Govs' - Wike Lobbies Lawmakers by Macdeey: 7:33pm On Mar 18
grin
He is used to looting Security Vote as a governor grin grin cheesy
Once A Thief 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 Always A Thief 🤣🤣🤣

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'give Me Power To Spend Security Votes Like Govs' - Wike Lobbies Lawmakers by Fabrice07: 7:34pm On Mar 18
Most power drunk politician in Nigeria

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 'give Me Power To Spend Security Votes Like Govs' - Wike Lobbies Lawmakers by lifeandjoy: 7:34pm On Mar 18
Power drunk, oppressing mudfuka.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'give Me Power To Spend Security Votes Like Govs' - Wike Lobbies Lawmakers by stjudas(m): 7:35pm On Mar 18
He's losing grip of Rivers state and can't imagine it. He wants to be a governor again.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'give Me Power To Spend Security Votes Like Govs' - Wike Lobbies Lawmakers by Bubu4Sea: 7:35pm On Mar 18
I love Emperor Wike, the only Southerner east of the Niger that talks & everywhere shakes

2 Likes

Re: 'give Me Power To Spend Security Votes Like Govs' - Wike Lobbies Lawmakers by saintgp(m): 7:35pm On Mar 18
Dikegodspower:
This wike guy sef, last week was creating the office oftye Chief of Staff to FCT minister, now he want to security votes , my question is, why does he want to spend money like elected officials?
I tire o
Sugar is sweet,especially if you have tasted it on a regular for a long time.Just hope that answers your question

5 Likes

Re: 'give Me Power To Spend Security Votes Like Govs' - Wike Lobbies Lawmakers by Emu4life(m): 7:35pm On Mar 18
Give him the Power. We want no excuse later.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 'give Me Power To Spend Security Votes Like Govs' - Wike Lobbies Lawmakers by omoredia: 7:36pm On Mar 18
Why not? The FCT is just like any other state now

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 'give Me Power To Spend Security Votes Like Govs' - Wike Lobbies Lawmakers by Elsueno: 7:36pm On Mar 18
Why don't we just transform the capital to another state for wiki to lord over?

He got enough crap on Balabu to forced this change or at least get a favourable consensus.

No matter, nothing go happen, obedients go complain tire 4 social media as usual... Agbadorians go vehemently defend anything Balabu and his associates do no matter how absurd...it's business as usual

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'give Me Power To Spend Security Votes Like Govs' - Wike Lobbies Lawmakers by Akabuking: 7:36pm On Mar 18
Re: 'give Me Power To Spend Security Votes Like Govs' - Wike Lobbies Lawmakers by Magnumproperty: 7:36pm On Mar 18
Baba has forgotten he is just a minister just like the minister for finance.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'give Me Power To Spend Security Votes Like Govs' - Wike Lobbies Lawmakers by Cocolatti(m): 7:37pm On Mar 18
Wike is a still suffering from the hangover of his powers as a Governor. The earlier he accepts he is now a minister the better for him.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'give Me Power To Spend Security Votes Like Govs' - Wike Lobbies Lawmakers by Khallicopyro: 7:37pm On Mar 18
Butterfly calling himself bird. You are a minister sir not a governor.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'give Me Power To Spend Security Votes Like Govs' - Wike Lobbies Lawmakers by Umueme: 7:37pm On Mar 18
Thief

Nonsense. I have actually given up hope in nigeria. Useless country. Mxwwwww

4 Likes

Re: 'give Me Power To Spend Security Votes Like Govs' - Wike Lobbies Lawmakers by id4sho(m): 7:38pm On Mar 18
Rogue in power sad

2 Likes

Re: 'give Me Power To Spend Security Votes Like Govs' - Wike Lobbies Lawmakers by TUTU147: 7:38pm On Mar 18
After all fct is a state nothing special according to election riggers

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'give Me Power To Spend Security Votes Like Govs' - Wike Lobbies Lawmakers by Babangidapikin: 7:39pm On Mar 18
Why do we have the National Security Adviser ... what is the purpose of their office in Abuja if they can't guarantee the security of the President and the citizens the President is hosting ...Looking for Money to fight Oga Fubara ..abeg face your work and dey your dey.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'give Me Power To Spend Security Votes Like Govs' - Wike Lobbies Lawmakers by Ofunaofu: 7:39pm On Mar 18
omoredia:
Why not? The FCT is just like any other state now

After all the supreme court said so

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 'give Me Power To Spend Security Votes Like Govs' - Wike Lobbies Lawmakers by SyrusdeHansome(m): 7:39pm On Mar 18
After embezzling Rivers security votes he still wants to embezzle FCT's own. Nigerian politicians are the most corrupt set of humans in the world.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'give Me Power To Spend Security Votes Like Govs' - Wike Lobbies Lawmakers by id4sho(m): 7:41pm On Mar 18
President rules Abuja, Mr minister better calm down. Do not overshine your master

9 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Keep Quiet, You Have Failed’ – Wike Blasts Amaechi, APC Leaders In Rivers / I Have Wike’s Records: Amaechi Dares Rivers Governor-elect On Probe / "I Have The Support Of President Buhari" - Hammed Ali

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.