Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,074 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:59 AM

Based On Different Religions, Is Marriage A Must? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Based On Different Religions, Is Marriage A Must? (5368 Views)

Ladies STOP Selecting Men, Based On Where They Work. / Sex before marriage Is A Sin, Fyn. Is Kissing before marriage A Sin? / Marriage: A Necessity Or A Tradition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Based On Different Religions, Is Marriage A Must? by claremont(m): 9:30pm On Nov 15, 2011
Marriage shouldn't be a do or die affair for anyone, but it is our culture as Nigerians that makes society turn a supposedly voluntary union of two parties into a compulsory indulgence. What enlightened people should understand is that there is no known positive correlation between marriage and true happiness i.e the mere fact that a person chooses to get married does not grant the person an automatic ticket to happiness, infact in most instances, the reverse is the case.

If I were you, on the specific issue of marriage, I will do the right thing at the right time, and with the right person. I would like to think that I am enlightened enough to make my own choices, rather than allow society dictate my choices to me.
Re: Based On Different Religions, Is Marriage A Must? by Mrmik(m): 11:21pm On Nov 15, 2011
Boy don't worry about your Mum she's not gonna die and should she then go bury her, that's a natural debt we all have to pay some day. You may marry and sigh away sundays and your darling Mum will not be there to rescue you. Again remind your Mum that the wifey she is compelling you to get could enter your family and turn absolutely the greatest or worst enemy she (your Mum) ever knew.

My opinion. Do it your time and only your time.

Cheers.
Re: Based On Different Religions, Is Marriage A Must? by nep2ra(m): 11:31pm On Nov 15, 2011
tlops:

to hold yourself means you must have self discipline,restrain from intimate activities including self-service. no fornication and lust, massturbation is a sin according to the bible!

Please where in the Bible is it written that mastoorbation is a sin? Can you give me the book, chapter and verse? I need to check it up.
Again, if one can't have sex and doesn't self-service, how can he control himself/herself?
Thank you.
Re: Based On Different Religions, Is Marriage A Must? by lindabon: 12:02am On Nov 16, 2011
never allow anybody to manipulate you into thinking that marriage is a do or die affair!
better be happy single, than land in a dry loveless marriage all in the name of tradition!!
SO OP, marry when and if you want to, no pressure!

nep2ra:

Please where in the Bible is it written that mastoorbation is a sin? Can you give me the book, chapter and verse? I need to check it up.
Again, if one can't Be Intimate and doesn't self-service, how can he control himself/herself?
Thank you.
I don't know much about the bible, but one needs to stay away from all sorts of s/exual gratification; mast/urbation, oral s.ex, and se.x it self, its all in thesame package. It's not easy to stay chaste; That is why people easily err.
Re: Based On Different Religions, Is Marriage A Must? by moremi2008(m): 1:13am On Nov 16, 2011
Perhaps your Mum knows you're gay? In that case, you definitely shouldn't be getting married to a woman.
Re: Based On Different Religions, Is Marriage A Must? by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 1:39am On Nov 16, 2011
Whats up with you ppl and big gramma @op
Re: Based On Different Religions, Is Marriage A Must? by slimyem: 3:34am On Nov 16, 2011
freecocoa:

Ah oga coogar,na for my mouth you wan hear say sugar dey sweet? Anybody wey dey consistent for this section know who I dey talk.*walks out singing,if you ask me,na who I go ask?*
ask me.i know that brother.he don comment on top this thread sef. undecided
Re: Based On Different Religions, Is Marriage A Must? by gonzaga: 5:27am On Nov 16, 2011
I get pissed wen I hear people blaming ladies for not getting married. Will they marry themselves? The high rate of unmarried women in any country is a direct reflection of the irresponsibility and lack of commitment of the men in that country! Come to think of it, alot of men want to eat a free lunch in evry ladies resturant without any form of commitment. I knw guys in there late thirties who still see themselves as youngees.

When u are unfortunate to find urself in a country where the men do not want to commit, what do u do as a lady? The economy and other social factors play a role in this, but the most important is the mind set of the men. @ Poster, let ur mum understand that u are open to marraige if the right partner comes or was she the one that married herself to ur father?
Re: Based On Different Religions, Is Marriage A Must? by Cogent: 6:04am On Nov 16, 2011
^^^are u male or female.
Re: Based On Different Religions, Is Marriage A Must? by komek(m): 7:11am On Nov 16, 2011
@op,u r still a small boy,just take ur time o,dnt just embark on that journey if u ar nt yet prepared.
Bt wait o,what if ur mother dies what happens,afterall she has lived her own life
Re: Based On Different Religions, Is Marriage A Must? by Andrew3(m): 7:26am On Nov 16, 2011
I so much appreciate this love and candid advices I gotten so far, I am now rest assured. I never see person wey i like na by force? angry angry angry
Re: Based On Different Religions, Is Marriage A Must? by maran1983(f): 8:00am On Nov 16, 2011
@OP, i feel and share your pain.
Re: Based On Different Religions, Is Marriage A Must? by Andrew3(m): 8:15am On Nov 16, 2011
Now ma parents has seen the detriment of incarcerating a child. When other kids were practicing how they could do it marriage we were locked up in a high fence overwhelmed with timidity. Now even approaching a woman is a rigmarole grin grin grin
Re: Based On Different Religions, Is Marriage A Must? by kayalla(f): 8:36am On Nov 16, 2011
@poster, u dont have to marry if u re not ready, marrying cannot extend ur mother's life, some women can even make her life shorter.

marriage is not a must, take ur time and decide wat u really want.
Re: Based On Different Religions, Is Marriage A Must? by freecocoa(f): 8:40am On Nov 16, 2011
slimyem:

ask me.i know that brother.he don comment on top this thread sef. undecided
so you know the bros too?okay we dey ask,who him be?but make I help,him name start with O,oya complete am.
Re: Based On Different Religions, Is Marriage A Must? by neyostica: 9:19am On Nov 16, 2011
kayalla:

marriage is not a must, take your time and decide wat u really want.

And whatelse can he want aside from having a family
Re: Based On Different Religions, Is Marriage A Must? by HAIRCRAFT: 9:40am On Nov 16, 2011
If what ur mum is asking for is a grand child, then u don't have a marriage issue at hand, They are two different things,
Re: Based On Different Religions, Is Marriage A Must? by slimyem: 1:31pm On Nov 16, 2011
freecocoa:

so you know the bros too?okay we dey ask,who him be?but make I help,him name start with O,oya complete am.
no be me you go put for trouble.thank you!
Re: Based On Different Religions, Is Marriage A Must? by otokx(m): 3:28am On Nov 17, 2011
who says men are not ready? the ladies we desire are simply not there it appears. As for the mothers and pressure - they all are the same, that is why dysfunctional families are on the increase.
Re: Based On Different Religions, Is Marriage A Must? by Nkemika(f): 9:03am On Nov 17, 2011
marriage is ordained by God himself because God believes so much in family, why do you think he sent his son through mary and joseph, he would had just allowed him to spring out from no where but no, he made jesus to be born through a family, marriage is special and there is an added blessings attached to it, i am not saying you should force yourself into any marriage, be a good  woman, pray to God and that which is yours would come to you.

Marriage is a ministry unto God, a covenant, joined for the glory of God:
7 reasons why you should get married
Longer Life: countless researchers have shown dt men and women ling longer being married

LESS STRESS: Some who are married may disagree with this one but research has shown healthy and secure marriages foster environment of life.

FAMILY: although we all know people who have children out of wedlock , marriage is d nest and most secure environment to have children and start a family.

LEGAL BENEFITS: if you re not married, you are single, there are certain legal benefit dat comes from being married, so for those who act married but single, get married when the time is right.

SEX: now, dont take this as i am not suggesting it is ok to get married just for sex, because i am not but what i am trying to say is that,when you are married, you have sex without the guilt or various concerns people do have when having sex out of wedlock,  the guilt comes from  disappointing yourself, God and other values you associate with sexual nature.

FINANCE:marriage can improve your financial life because two heads is better than one and when two people can combine income into one family.

STABILITY:marriage gives men and women a stable balance. they have each other for support. yes, you can have this outside of marriage but i feel marriage brings stability in a way God intended for all of us to have.

Many of d reasons listed can b obtained without marriage, but they are better shared under the covenant  of God with that special someone wink
No man is an island of himself and if you must do all these, it is more honorable to get married, for live, friendship, family, procreation etc
Re: Based On Different Religions, Is Marriage A Must? by Nkemika(f): 9:07am On Nov 17, 2011
get married to fulfill God's commandment which says be fruitful and multiply the earth
get married for love, friendship, companionship, procreation, family grin, more importantly nurture yourself to be prepared for marriage, you can attend some seminars on marriage to fill your mind about marriage and its blessings, i am sure your mum wants the best for you even thou her main concern may seem like she want a grandchild, just take it easy you will be alright, cheers and all the best kiss
Re: Based On Different Religions, Is Marriage A Must? by otokx(m): 9:49am On Nov 17, 2011
@Nkemika

Did Jesus get married?
Re: Based On Different Religions, Is Marriage A Must? by Andrew3(m): 8:18pm On Nov 17, 2011
otokx:

@Nkemika

Did Jesus get married?
grin grin grin grin
Re: Based On Different Religions, Is Marriage A Must? by Nkemika(f): 4:53pm On Nov 18, 2011
lmao @ u guys, didnt know you were jesus brother,
if you dont want to get married, be a revered or a sister in a catholic church and serve God like a saint would, rather than give yourself to public temptation, grin just my thought sha
Re: Based On Different Religions, Is Marriage A Must? by Nkemika(f): 4:55pm On Nov 18, 2011
i only stated reasons why one should get married, aint comparing anyone with jesus, so its either you get the wisdom out of my word or be ignorant out of foolishness, again just saying
Re: Based On Different Religions, Is Marriage A Must? by otokx(m): 10:00pm On Nov 18, 2011
@nkemika

the building blocks of your reason aka premise is faulty and thus the conclusion is null and void.
Re: Based On Different Religions, Is Marriage A Must? by Nobody: 3:46am On Dec 19, 2012
nep2ra:

Again, if one can't have sex and doesn't self-service, how can he control himself/herself?
Thank you.

m.asturbate away, nobody is disturbing you, abi no be you get your bodi?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pic: When A Lady Ask For Too Much From A Guy / This Strange Butt Enhancement Procedure Will Shock You (photos) / I Am The Most Sexy Nairalanderr(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.