Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,040 members, 7,821,579 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:18 PM

Wife Financial Insincerity - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Wife Financial Insincerity (13087 Views)

Couples Please Encourage Me With Your Financial Struggles Stories. / Is It Wise To Explain Your Financial Problems To Your Kids? / Should The Man Bear The Whole Financial Expenses In The House? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by debosky(m): 3:03pm On Nov 22, 2011
See women supporting outright deception!  shocked

Even if the man is a miser, does that now mean she should be lying to get money out of him?   undecided

That type of behaviour is unacceptable pure and simple - even if he is difficult to get money out of, why should she resort to deception? Would you support a man drugging his wife to have sex with her if she refuses? That's the equivalent of what she is doing.

Even if their money is now joint money - if someone is claiming to pay more from the 'joint money' than it actually costs, it is still deception. That money becomes joint does not allow for such dishonesty.

It appears that she's habitually inflating prices and this is only the latest one he has found out about - this shows a trend of deception, not a one off event.

chaircover:

Looking on the flip side its better that she is “stealing” from her husband than having affairs with strange men outside to raise money. There is always someone somewhere no matter how fugly, fat, bad mattered or old your wife is who will find her attractive.

How does the man know that the woman isn't siphoning money off the top to pay for hotel trysts with her lover or to fuel a drug habit? It's all well and good to assume she's doing it because she has no choice, but she clearly has a choice - be upfront with your husband at all times.
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by Nobody: 3:06pm On Nov 22, 2011
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by jaybee3(m): 3:11pm On Nov 22, 2011
What do we call the difference she has obviously added to all expenditures, Argentina money?
My ignorant self thought people only ever inflate prices when it got something to do with contracts.
Na real wa for some women sha
angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by Nobody: 3:13pm On Nov 22, 2011
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by debosky(m): 3:16pm On Nov 22, 2011
chaircover:

Like I said we dont know the ins and outs of the story. I am not supporting the deception but giving reasons why she could have done it.

Jaybee leech ke? she was demanding for formula money o! not brazillian money now  wink.

What if she is simply a greedy woman spending the money recklessly? It doesn't have to be for a good reason - the fact is that this is brazen deception which is not acceptable.

It's women like these that get into NASS and start inflating contracts like Patricia Etteh the hairdresser. . . . or was she also inflating the contract because her husband is a miser? grin
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by Nobody: 3:28pm On Nov 22, 2011
///
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by Nobody: 3:30pm On Nov 22, 2011
@CC
yes something is clearly wrong in this union BUT wifey went the wrong way into solving the issue.
to me, the worst in this story is that she had the audacity to ask for "transport money". clearly, this lady was out to get every penny out of her hubby, lol.

as Debosky said: if wifey said no to sex, is it ok to "get it" in a deceitful manner?

@Jay bee
how you doing man, how is the London weather treating you?
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by jaybee3(m): 3:31pm On Nov 22, 2011
Stop defending the despicable act jooor.
Is she now somewhat saving for raining dayzzzzzzz?
That's just a bad habit that's meant to be dropped like yesterday
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by otokx(m): 3:31pm On Nov 22, 2011
chaircover should marry beaf because they both defend an untenable situation.
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by jaybee3(m): 3:33pm On Nov 22, 2011
@MrBJ
still gloomy as ever
we are due snow in few weeks so something to look forward to
Still down under?
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by Nobody: 3:35pm On Nov 22, 2011
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by Outstrip(f): 4:01pm On Nov 22, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

@CC
yes something is clearly wrong in this union BUT wifey went the wrong way into solving the issue.
to me, the worst in this story is that she had the audacity to ask for "transport money". clearly, this lady was out to get every penny out of her hubby, lol.

as Debosky said: if wifey said no to sex, is it ok to "get it" in a deceitful manner?

@Jay bee
how you doing man, how is the London weather treating you?

oh please. There is nothing like he has the final say with their money. The rules are made and both follow it. Nobody should have total access to the money and the other has to ask for money to do minor things around the house. The man has a problem. The woman has a problem. The woman should let the man go buy these things since he insists on her asking for money for silly things. MrJB what do you really know about finances in a partnership. How can you even say that the man doling out the money is their way of making sure that the money is not misused. It is men like this one that come on NR and cry that their wives have been secretly building a house or that their wife just got a new job and she does not want to comingle money even though he has been the one working for the last 10 years. What the hell do you expect?
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by debosky(m): 4:12pm On Nov 22, 2011
chaircover:

Serve him right for not being in tune with the cost of items in the market. I'm surprised she only fleeced him for N600 per pack of pampers  cool

Spending N600 recklessly!!!! . . .on what Pure water and gala? Its her fault for asking for bike money and not taxi money.

600 naira is enough to spend on a hotel to have illicit sex with your lover. 600 naira is enough for a couple of meals if spent properly.

You're saying serves him right for trusting his wife to be honest with the prices of items? undecided

So a man is wrong to take his wife's word that an item costs how much she says it costs? He should now crosscheck everything she says as if she is a drug dealer witness in a crime trial? Is that how a trusting relationship should be run? undecided

PS - it's not just 600 naira - the OP has listed 1,100 naira padding on just two items. . . . extend it to the rest of the regular shopping and you'll get a substantial figure. She's been padding the bills for almost a year on those two items.
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by ronkebp(f): 4:18pm On Nov 22, 2011
Big deal!!!!!!!!!! she is saving money from formular!!!! and so what?? won't she get by anyway anyhow!!!!

@ Poster, it is your friend that you should talk to, his wife definitely needs money that is why she is saving money from ''baby food'', haba mana!!!!!,.
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by Nobody: 4:22pm On Nov 22, 2011
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by debosky(m): 4:22pm On Nov 22, 2011
ronkebp:

Big deal!!!!!!!!!! she is saving money from formular!!!! and so what?? won't she get by anyway anyhow!!!!

@ Poster, it is your friend that you should talk to, his wife definitely needs money that is why she is saving money from ''baby food'', haba mana!!!!!,.

Interesting choice of words. . . .do you regard LYING to your husband and dishonestly INFLATING prices as simply 'saving'?

Are you also 'saving money' off items in your home?
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by Nobody: 4:27pm On Nov 22, 2011
@Topic

So? your friend wants to kill himself because his wife "chopped" 600naira extra from him? what a pathetic market woman he is.
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by debosky(m): 4:28pm On Nov 22, 2011
chaircover:

Debo the man has only just shot himself in the foot.

If he had given his wife access to funds, then there wont be any need for all of this.

Haba CC. . . .so the ONLY case in which a wife attempts to fleece her husband is if he doesn't give her access to funds? Do greedy thieves really need a reason to steal?  undecided

If however she spends on frivolities, then the man would have seen this very early on and he would have been in a position to take more control over the purchasing of items for the house until his wife gets the message.

So in contradiction to your words, he should humiliate her and make sure he buys everything and she has no control over anything?

He needs to sit her down and work out what she needs the money for/spends it on and work together as a partnership. It is not his or her money but THEIR money.

I don't see any reference to the man personalizing the funds. . . .the issue here is the wife's deception.

Please lets forget about the affair side of things. no woman in her right senses will "steal" her husbands N600 to give to a man . . . it will be the other way round and she will be the one collecting money from the lover.

It is not 600 naira - that's just the tip of the iceberg. . . .who knows how much she has stolen over time?

Lets not forget that this woman was only asking for money to buy basic things such as pampers and formula. How many times a month does she have to go cap in hand to beg for money.

Who says she was begging?   Or is asking for money for pampers and formula now classed as begging? Who knows what else she's been asking for and how she's been padding those costs?
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by Nobody: 4:35pm On Nov 22, 2011
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by Nobody: 4:39pm On Nov 22, 2011
@Jay bee
i just dont know how you guys do it bro, grey weather all yr long and high prices, i mean London has been one of the top 5 most expensive cities to live in since. . . . . . .FOREVER!!!!
nah man, i have now moved to Rio, where the weather is like Africa: sunny all year.

anyway let's not derail this thread, lol.

@Outstrip
someone's got to have the final say in any r/ship, how would you solve any issue otherwise. if he wanted to buy a TV and she wanted to spend on a X6, who should have the final say then?! lol come on now!!!!
although it IS minor issues, it makes no difference IF YOU ARE POOR and living from paycheck to paycheck. Yes you are right they both have a problem BUT wifey went about the wrong into solving it, she failed MISERABLY.

sadly, it is (for some) a way to control the finances, because we all know that the control of finances in a household, is the control of that same household.

i only expect her to be honest to her hubby, is that too much to ask of a wife? the fact that the husband paid her whatever she asked, means that he never said no to buying whatever was needed for the family. whatever she did with the extra cash was OBVIOUSLY for something that is not a necessity to their family.

if the wifey gets a new job and doesnt want to participate in the household upkeep then that would be down right SELFISH of her.
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by ronkebp(f): 4:39pm On Nov 22, 2011
debosky:

Interesting choice of words. . . .do you regard LYING to your husband and dishonestly INFLATING prices as simply 'saving'?

Are you also 'saving money' off items in your home?

Lying so because she saved 500 naira from her baby food she is now a liar?? who knows what she wants to use the money for?? but seriously, how much is 500 naira, after all this ''woman'' is supposed to be a ''wife'' and not  a stranger.
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by Nobody: 4:41pm On Nov 22, 2011
See wetin poverty dey cause . . . .

I actually thought we were talking about a lot of money here but something less than 1k is not worth mentioning.

@ Poster

Tell ur friend to provide for his family and stop complaining!!
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by debosky(m): 4:42pm On Nov 22, 2011
There are reasons for everything in this life - those stealing billions in naija will tell you there is a reason too. grin

What is wrong is wrong - even if she felt the man was being tightfisted, there is no reason to resort to telling outright lies and the like. Even when the man starts giving more money, such bad habits become hard to break.

As far as we can tell, he his giving her the amount she asks for - that indicates that he isn't denying her funds.
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by Nobody: 4:42pm On Nov 22, 2011
The Husband obviously sounds like the stingy type. Look at him killing himself just because his wife "stole"" 600naira from him. If this woman married a stingy man, then he deserved it. Why would he even be giving her 3000naira every time.
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by jaybee3(m): 4:42pm On Nov 22, 2011
@CC
I hope you learning  cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Looks like this is the best formula to make dat white X5 arrive in time for next xmas  cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

@MrBJ
You gonna still be around in time for the world cup?
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by Nobody: 4:43pm On Nov 22, 2011
jennykadry:

@Topic

So? your friend wants to kill himself because his wife "chopped" 600naira extra from him? what a pathetic market woman he is.

Honestly Jenny, I hate men like him. He's here crying over 600buck   shocked  shocked    I can't even belive it!
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by debosky(m): 4:44pm On Nov 22, 2011
ronkebp:

Lying so because she saved 500 naira from her baby food she is now a liar?? who knows what she wants to use the money for?? but seriously, how much is 500 naira, after all this ''woman'' is supposed to be a ''wife'' and not  a stranger.

Na so Patricia Etteh start. . . from stealing 500 naira from pampers to stealing hundreds of millions in Abuja. grin

Let's deal with the raw facts - if Pampers cost 2,400 and you say it costs 3,000 you are lying plain and simple, especially when you insist on collecting transport fare separate from the price of the Pampers.

Whether she is a wife or not, honesty is not too much to ask.
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by Nobody: 4:46pm On Nov 22, 2011
Ujujoan:

Honestly Jenny, I hate men like him. He's here crying over 600buck   shocked  shocked    I can't even belive it!

I was expecting thousands of naira sef. All the money I have "stolen" from my oga's wallet both the ones I remembered to tell him and the ones I forgot to tell him about, he hasn't called for my head yet. What about using ATM cards nko? that man needs to grow up.
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by Nobody: 4:47pm On Nov 22, 2011
debosky:

There are reasons for everything in this life - those stealing billions in naija will tell you there is a reason too. grin

What is wrong is wrong - even if she felt the man was being tightfisted, there is no reason to resort to telling outright lies and the like. Even when the man starts giving more money, such bad habits become hard to break.

As far as we can tell, he his giving her the amount she asks for - that indicates that he isn't denying her funds.

Don't even go there Debo!

You can't compare affairs b/w husband and wife with criminals. For christ sakes why must he even complain?

For me it's normal to round things up and honestly, I don't see that as stealing. If something goes for 1,200 I'm more likely to request for 1,500. That's absolutely normal and has NOTHING to do with fraud.

You guys just don't get it do you? Thank God for my hubby . . . tongue  cheesy
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by ronkebp(f): 4:47pm On Nov 22, 2011
debosky:

Na so Patricia Etteh start. . . from stealing 500 naira from pampers to stealing hundreds of millions in Abuja. grin

Let's deal with the raw facts - if Pampers cost 2,400 and you say it costs 3,000 you are lying plain and simple, especially when you insist on collecting transport fare separate from the price of the Pampers.

Whether she is a wife or not, honesty is not too much to ask.

Fine!!!! she lied to get 500.00 naira from her husband. . what a sad life she is living. sad sad sad
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by debosky(m): 4:49pm On Nov 22, 2011
ronkebp:

Fine!!!! she lied to get 500.00 naira from her husband. . what a sad life she is living. sad sad sad

Your sins are forgiven my child. Now go and sin no more. grin
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by r231(m): 4:49pm On Nov 22, 2011
Ujujoan:

Don't even go there Debo!

You can't compare affairs b/w husband and wife with criminals. For christ sakes why must he even complain?

For me it's normal to round things up and honestly, I don't see that as stealing. If something goes for 1,200 I'm more likely to request for 1,500. That's absolutely normal and has NOTHING to do with fraud.

You guys just don't get it do you? Thank God for my hubby . . . tongue  cheesy

she is bck cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

How I spent My Xmas. / How Can One Stop A Loved One's Drug Addiction? / Woman Marries 2 Men, Charged To Sharia Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.