Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,008 members, 7,821,534 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:28 PM

Wife Financial Insincerity - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Wife Financial Insincerity (13086 Views)

Couples Please Encourage Me With Your Financial Struggles Stories. / Is It Wise To Explain Your Financial Problems To Your Kids? / Should The Man Bear The Whole Financial Expenses In The House? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by jaybee3(m): 1:20pm On Nov 23, 2011
chaircover:

Iaabc you have said it better than what I was trying to get across to the poster. No one is saying that what she did is right, but there must be reasons why she did it and these cannot be overlooked.

ehn ehn seems we are getting somewhere,
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by debosky(m): 1:58pm On Nov 23, 2011
chaircover:

Seriously though, in marriage you need to close your eyes to a lot of things or one will just develop hypertension. I Fail to disclose the truth about how much my shoes and handbags cost and I hide new purchases in the boot of my car until I can sneak them into the back of my wardrobe. Does that make me dishonest? I don’t think so! Just saving my husband a shock  wink Too much shock=grey hair.

Truth be told, many of us wify’s have been “dishonest” (I don’t like that word) at least once when it comes to purchases and money. Its just a fact of life. Same way that men lie that they didn’t even notice the bouncing ikebe and attack of the lady walking along the pavement when they are driving along.

Abajo grin

I just hope your middle name isn't Olubunmi like Patricia Etteh grin
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by Nobody: 2:08pm On Nov 23, 2011
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by jaybee3(m): 2:11pm On Nov 23, 2011
chaircover:

E lo joko jare . . .all of u want beautiful wives but you don’t want to spend. Obe to dun owo lo pa grin grin grin
We wouldn't mind if y'all agree that you are commodities
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by debosky(m): 2:15pm On Nov 23, 2011
chaircover:

E lo joko jare . . .all of u want beautiful wives but you don’t want to spend. Obe to dun owo lo pa  grin grin grin

Hehehehe. . . . I 'ungummed' my hands a long time ago (after a lot of effort grin) so I'm not one of those that don't want to spend.  grin

I hope you're not calling yourself 'obe' oh! grin

I just appreciate women being straightforward - I prefer someone saying ' I won't tell you how much that bag cost' than saying 'it cost 50' when it actually cost 100. But that's just me.
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by OAM4J: 2:30pm On Nov 23, 2011
chaircover:

E lo joko jare . . .all of u want beautiful wives but you don’t want to spend. Obe to dun owo lo pa grin grin grin

We want good wives and we are ready to take care of our wives but we don't want to be mugu. grin
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by ifyalways(f): 2:33pm On Nov 23, 2011
OP,Please go back to ya Papa and go learn "Fatherhood 101 and model husband 202". You failed woefully! Financial insecurity,dishonesty,lost trust and vote of no confidence over what and how much ?Comot for road first.

How did you find out that she's been inflating the prices?and if you are in 9ja beware,prizes of goods vary per second according to location,demand and supply.

Go ask your momma if your dada ever gave her money for crayfish,peri-winkle,iru ati all the lil'but very important condiments.She improvised,over priced the fish and garri so she'd be able to buy her maggi ati iru.Real Men never pay attention to details,that is women affairs.

This would have been worth the noise if say you gave your wifey 1000 to pay into your acct,she paid in 700 and kept the rest for herself without informing you before or after.

OP,should go home and apologise with a massive 3r3ction to his wife.
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by camrygmail: 2:49pm On Nov 23, 2011
I personally don't inflate the prices. On the other hand we operate a joint account.
But when we were dating, if needed money from my husband I would ask for the amount I needed and he always gave me more than I asked for.

@poster, is your wife working? Is she dishonest in other areas? If not then you should not even consider chasing her away.
Also she knows you are tight fisted with YOUR money and the only way to get money from you is to lie. So what I am trying to say is that you made her the way she is. Human begins are adaptive in nature and she is adapting to your stinginess. embarassed

I hope she finds a job or side business before you turn her to a barawo with your stinginess.

By the way you sound very immature in your posts.
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by ronkebp(f): 2:58pm On Nov 23, 2011
Poster, you should have married a ''worker'' instead of taking style to complain that your wife is eating (chopping) your money, were you blind-folded when you asked her to marry you?.

I can see some men do not know the meaning of marraige!!!!! This is your WIFE?? shocked shocked shocked

Infact!!!!!!!! the truth is you are stingyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!! if you weren't you would not complain, wink wink wink wink you don't want to share your money with your wife, what do you want to do with it? and you will expect her to share hers' with you? Abi no be so cool cool cool
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by debosky(m): 3:12pm On Nov 23, 2011
Same old story - the man must have 'caused' the woman to lie and be deceitful. undecided

But the bible tells us that it was Eve that caused Adam to sin and not the other way around. grin

Imma flip the script on you ladies - it's the woman's stealing that made the man stingy!! grin
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by ronkebp(f): 3:23pm On Nov 23, 2011
^^^^^^^ Naso, cool cool
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by armyofone(m): 3:51pm On Nov 23, 2011
OP, to each his own. it is just unfair to your woman OP complaining abt small small money/change like that, biko na wetin?
maybe wife use that change buy painty hand to look good for him, i'm disappointed in you. go do penance and ask for forgiveness.
as for me and my home to be, i will be in charge of the money cheesy
marry men who can bring home the bacon not one that could bend ya neck cuz of change. thank you Babyosisi you talk am well grin
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by Claus(m): 5:57pm On Nov 23, 2011
In a family where N3,000 is a big amount, the deceit has a lot significance. It may not be a big issue to many people on this thread, but it clearly is to the family concerned.

Many have stated that what the woman did was wrong, but have then jumped into a 100 excuses about why she must have done it. On the bright side, I guess it's always promising to see sisters sticking up for themselves.

However, just based on the story we've gleamed from the poster, what she did was WRONG. Any attempt by the husband to understand why she did it and dig further into what issues she may be facing can only come about after she has unreservedly acknowledged that she was wrong.
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by Claus(m): 6:09pm On Nov 23, 2011
^^^
Just read a few more posts and feel really bad for getting into one of the endless men vs women merry-go-round arguments.

To all men out there, if there's anything wrong in your marriage/relationship, just accept that it's your fault and get over it.

It reminds me of a joke I heard about a talk show where a wife brought her husband on to reveal something to him. She then confessed that she had sold their house behind his back. To cut a long story short, by the time the woman, the talk show hostess and some guests had finished with him, it was the man apologising to the woman because he felt it was his fault.

I'M OUT!!!
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by coogar: 6:46pm On Nov 23, 2011
much ado about nothing.

any husband scrutinizing 600-naira or 800-naira change is a loser in my own opinion. the wife doesn't have to make a financial report to the last kobo.
what kind of husband does that? i am sure he makes the financial report of his s[i]e[/i]men. the number of spermheads that went out and the number that stayed back. nonsense!

there are other issues more important than few wads of naira that cannot even load a recharge card to one's enjoyment. if my wife is faithful, tidy, intelligent, a good cook and a super athlete in bed then she has every right to pinch any amount she so wishes. if i had a housegirl, i would be paying more money to her than my wife is pinching. if she's lethargic in bed, i would be paying more to a mistress to satisfy my loins than what my wife can ever steal.
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by ronkebp(f): 6:47pm On Nov 23, 2011
coogar:

much ado about nothing.

any husband scrutinizing 600-naira or 800-naira change is a loser in my own opinion. the wife doesn't have to make a financial report to the last kobo.
what kind of husband does that? i am sure he makes the financial report of his s[i]e[/i]men. the number of spermheads that went out and the number that stayed back. nonsense!

there are other issues more important than few wads of naira that cannot even load a recharge card to one's enjoyment. if my wife is faithful, tidy, intelligent, a good cook and a super athlete in bed then she has every right to pinch any amount she so wishes. if i had a housegirl, i would be paying more money to her than my wife is pinching. if she's lethargic in bed, i would be paying more to a mistress to satisfy my loins than what my wife can ever steal.

kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by armyofone(m): 7:09pm On Nov 23, 2011
OP, coming out from a guy like you. pay great attention okay  wink

coogar:

much ado about nothing.

true talk

there are other issues more important than few wads of naira that cannot even load a recharge card to one's enjoyment. if my wife is faithful, tidy, intelligent, a good cook and a super athlete in bed then she has every right to pinch any amount she so wishes. if i had a housegirl, i would be paying more money to her than my wife is pinching. [s]if she's lethargic in bed, i would be paying more to a mistress to satisfy my loins than what my wife can ever steal.[/s] grin

overall, may Chineke give you better omoge bo. thank you  grin

Jenny, that's how i heard it on NL o grin.
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by Nobody: 7:22pm On Nov 23, 2011
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by Nobody: 7:33pm On Nov 23, 2011
Very funny topic.
So the wifey pilfers? grin

I read people saying the man should ask what the extra is for.
The woman should be scolded for lying and deceiving her hubby.

A marriage where you cannot open up to your husband is faulty.
Dishonesty is one of the worst things a marriage can experience.

Heard of wives who steal money from husbands wallet. grin
Oh my Gosh. . .
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by armyofone(m): 7:35pm On Nov 23, 2011
she is a wifey and as such be made to be in charge of the money. until then, she will continue to snatch every lil ten kobo that's left from shopping to buy iru or maggi or painty hand.
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by kelz88(f): 7:39pm On Nov 23, 2011
Maybe she's trying to put some money away against rainy days.
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by Nobody: 8:27pm On Nov 23, 2011
All these NL ladies with fantastic marriages, i envy you guys o.
I mean you have perfect marriages. Married to big boys, loving men who would worship the ground u walk on.

Some of us have pretty 'normal' marriages where hubby still wants to be the boss.
Marriages where hubby still cares about his cash.

@topic,
That said, try to set her up in business.
Perhaps she pilfers because she feels ashamed to ask you for every need.
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by ronkebp(f): 8:34pm On Nov 23, 2011
Blue Diva, and who told you that ''some marraiges'' are perfect. We are all trying our best, But for you to call the poster's wife a thief, is that not too much??.

Put hand for buttocks swear, say you never lie to your hubby on the amount of curry and thyme in the market. cool cool cool Don't come and form on this forum oooo abeg. 95% of women do this stuff, now level differ from level oooo, but in a case like this, NO MAGANA!.
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by emmatok(m): 10:18pm On Nov 23, 2011
ronkebp:

Blue Diva, and who told you that ''some marraiges'' are perfect.  We are all trying our best, But for you to call the poster's wife a thief, is that not too much??.

Put hand for buttocks swear, say you never lie to your hubby on the amount of curry and thyme in the market. cool cool cool Don't come and form on this forum oooo abeg. 95% of women do this stuff, now level differ from level oooo, but in a case like this, NO MAGANA!.

LOL, Why you dey attack the woman.

She is not lying.
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by Nobody: 10:22pm On Nov 23, 2011
@ronkebp

Sorry i don't do that.
If you do, cool.  

Well, yáll keep talking of hubby buying you nicer cars than his.
Hubby 'dashing'you the monies you guys get as gifts.

You girls are living in paradise.

In my world, hubby has his 'machines' that not even me could touch.
Me i have mine but definitely not as exquisite as his.

In my world hubby doesn't dole out money anyhow.
Guess i'm just one of those fake ordinary couple with no level.
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by emmatok(m): 10:24pm On Nov 23, 2011
armyofone:

she is a wifey and as such be made to be in charge of the money tongue tongue tongue tongue. until then, she will continue to snatch every lil ten kobo that's left from shopping to buy iru or maggi or painty hand.

That is not common in a country like Nigeria.Where people spend huge chunk of their money on bills.

Do yo think it is easy for a man to work for 21day just to handover his money to the woman.

How many working women can do that for their husband.
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by emmatok(m): 10:27pm On Nov 23, 2011
BlueDiva:

@ronkebp

Sorry i don't do that.
If you do, cool.  

Well, yáll keep talking of hubby buying you nicer cars than his.
Hubby 'dashing'you the monies you guys get as gifts.

You girls are living in paradise.

In my world, hubby has his 'machines' that not even me could touch.
Me i have mine but definitely not as exquisite as his.

In my world hubby doesn't dole out money anyhow.
Guess i'm just one of those fake ordinary couple with no level.

+100

That is the reality madam.
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by coogar: 10:30pm On Nov 23, 2011
emmatok:

That is not common in a country like Nigeria.Where people spend huge chunk of their money on bills.

Do yo think it is easy for a man to work for 21day just to handover his money to the woman.

How many working women can do that for their husband.

except that is actually the most common trend.
most women are full housewives in nigeria. the issue of food is the responsibility of the husband from the mega cities like lagos to the villages of zamfara. the husband must provide the money for food. how the food gets to the table is not the man's business.

we chastise these women when they don't make the house clean, we abuse them and their parents when they don't cook very well and yet we still scrutinize how they spend the money? what the crap is that? if you ask this moaning husband to go to the market, haggle prices with those shrewd market women for hours in that searing heat and buy foodstuffs, transport the food home and convert it from the raw product to finished product, he would be complaining he's the man of the house and the men don't cook. but he can complain how the money is being spent.

he cannot have it both ways. if he wants to complain about the money, let him cook, scrub, wash and clean.
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by Nobody: 10:34pm On Nov 23, 2011
+100

That is the reality madam

Don't mind these small NL girls.
Either they are still newly weded kids or they're lying about their status.

Married for over 10 yrs and it ain't always a tea party.
I had these fantasies in my first 3yrs of marriage too, as a very young bride.
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by emmatok(m): 11:11pm On Nov 23, 2011
coogar:

except that is actually the most common trend.
most women are full housewives in nigeria. the issue of food is the responsibility of the husband from the mega cities like lagos to the villages of zamfara. the husband must provide the money for food. how the food gets to the table is not the man's business.

we chastise these women when they don't make the house clean, we abuse them and their parents when they don't cook very well and yet we still scrutinize how they spend the money? what the crap is that? if you ask this moaning husband to go to the market, haggle prices with those shrewd market women for hours in that searing heat and buy foodstuffs, transport the food home and convert it from the raw product to finished product, he would be complaining he's the man of the house and the men don't cook. but he can complain how the money is being spent.

he cannot have it both ways. if he wants to complain about the money, let him cook, scrub, wash and clean.

LOL, are you saying Nigerian men give their wife charge over their money.THAT IS NOT COMMON.?

Don't be deceived GFs do all those things(wash, clean,cook bla bla bla) you talk about and their men still controls the money he give them.

If the man is giving out his money he has the right to complain.

That is reality for you.

Stop dreaming.
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by coogar: 11:18pm On Nov 23, 2011
emmatok:

LOL, are you saying Nigerian men give their wife charge over their money.THAT IS NOT COMMON.?

keep your eye on the ball. the original poster did not say the wife is in control of the finance. she gets it bit by bit from the husband.
maybe you should go and read his opening comment.

Don't be deceived GFs do all those things(wash, clean,cook bla bla bla) you talk about and their men still controls the money he give them.
If the man is giving out his money he has the right to complain.

you are making your own argument.
if the man is complaining, then he should bloody do the chores himself. better still get a housemaid(free of charge)he can trust - at least that cuts the wife completely out of the loop.

That is reality for you.
Stop dreaming.

you should stop being inconsiderate!
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by emmatok(m): 11:32pm On Nov 23, 2011
coogar:

keep your eye on the ball. the original poster did not say the wife is in control of the finance. she gets it bit by bit from the husband.
maybe you should go and read his opening comment.

Man i was not quoting the original poster,
i was replying armyofone who said "she is a wifey and as such be made to be in charge of the money "

you are making your own argument.
if the man is complaining, then he should bloody the chores himself. better still get a housemaid(free of charge)he can trust - at least that cuts the wife completely out of the loop.
Nobody is talking about bloody chores here.
If a man makes budgets for his spending and his wife decide to inflate the price of her purchases for selfish reasons. It is wrong.
And if the money is not enough to do other things you will be the first to insult the man here.

you should stop being inconsiderate!

Money don't grow on trees.

That is the reality for you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

How I spent My Xmas. / How Can One Stop A Loved One's Drug Addiction? / Woman Marries 2 Men, Charged To Sharia Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.