Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,954 members, 7,817,797 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:56 PM

Wife Financial Insincerity - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Wife Financial Insincerity (13070 Views)

Couples Please Encourage Me With Your Financial Struggles Stories. / Is It Wise To Explain Your Financial Problems To Your Kids? / Should The Man Bear The Whole Financial Expenses In The House? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wife Financial Insincerity by Gluckdude(m): 8:53am On Nov 20, 2011
A friend of mine just got married about 2 years ago, they also have a son that is almost 12 months now, the annoying thing which is quite provoking in the relationship is the fact that his wife always inflate prices of item she needs to get in the family. The one he just found out was the fact that she has been collecting #3000 for baby pampers that is sold for #2400 for the past i year, he said the most frustrating part is after giving her the 3k she will still request for bike money saying she has to bike to where she would get it.
Another scenario is the fact that baby food that is sold for #1000 she is also been collecting #1500 for the past 8 months.
the point here is the fact that my friend is confuse and really bitter about his wife mannerism. he said he feels like throwing his wife out of his home. as he can hardly trust her henceforth. as he can't really tell how many more things he has been inflating on the family budget.
I'm just here to get some candid opinion of what best he should do, as he really needs some mature counsel from like minded adults.
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by webcam(m): 9:35am On Nov 20, 2011
@poster this is what I hate most its make my system seize anytine a wman do that to me is nit the money the she add to the house stuff that matter to me but the trust which the wife has lost.I think this kind of woman kill, ask the your fruend to be involve in house stuff, its very annoyed stuff
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by pendo89(f): 9:37am On Nov 20, 2011
Throwing out wife is not an option.He can square it out with her cz I am sure shes using the extra to do something for herself.
Why can't the hubby find out what that extra need is, then try to help her meet it instead of accusing her? maybe he denies her when she asks and she's found a better way of getting money out of him.
its funny to know that the hubby knows the price of each and every item bought. It simply means he doesnt trust her with money at all.
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by Gluckdude(m): 9:42am On Nov 20, 2011
@pendo89 if the man knows the price of items in the market, he won't be complaining after a year. he just came across the price list by chance.
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by pendo89(f): 10:19am On Nov 20, 2011
let him ask her what she needs the extra money for then they find ways of addressing it. its obvious she needs the extra money,its the method employed which sucks.
some habits dont die.
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by freecocoa(f): 10:29am On Nov 20, 2011
Madam pendo why did you steal my thoughts na?
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by pendo89(f): 10:34am On Nov 20, 2011
freecocoa:

Madam pendo why did you steal my thoughts na?

not really stealing, its cz we belong to the same gender. It takes a woman to unlock a woman's mind.
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by freecocoa(f): 10:40am On Nov 20, 2011
Okay I for say o,cos I know you are far too responsible to indulge in theft. wink
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by DeBlunt: 10:45am On Nov 20, 2011
does she work or earn money for herself? cos i don't think your friend is meeting up with her financial needs.
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by seedord247(m): 10:47am On Nov 20, 2011
De~Blunt:

does she work or earn money for herself? cos i don't think your friend is meeting up with her financial needs.

Gbam . . you synchronize my mind . . how much be the money self . . kai?
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by pendo89(f): 10:52am On Nov 20, 2011
freecocoa:

Okay I for say o,cos I know you are far too responsible to indulge in theft. wink

This is what I think.She has no income and has no extra money to buy herself stuff. forget the diapers and sugar, she needs to look good and pamper herself once in a while. She a married woman not a maid.
I like it when wives have their own source of income to supplement and take care of those small women's needs. This one here doesn't seem to have one and so if the hubby is not helping her out then what does he expect? Its a bad habit that makes me ask myself again is that justified? has she begged and was denied?
And if he refuses to sort her out then can she please get some work to do like the rest of the women?

@frecoo that ws a wicked wink. grin
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by freecocoa(f): 11:47am On Nov 20, 2011
LOL@wicked wink.

Yeah me think so too,I know in this country most men with jobless wives, don't give their wives money for personal upkeep,they just bring money for foodstuff and that's it,this is why I don't support being a housewife at all.
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by Flashaldrin(m): 12:06pm On Nov 20, 2011
webcam:

@poster this is what I hate most its make my system seize anytine a wman do that to me is nit the money the she add to the house stuff that matter to me but the trust which the wife has lost.I think this kind of woman kill, ask the your fruend to be involve in house stuff, its very annoyed stuff
ah ah dude shocked shocked relax, take a breadth and rewrite that. nor be only you don fall maga for woman smiley
pendo89:

Throwing out wife is not an option.He can square it out with her cz I am sure shes using the extra to do something for herself.
Why can't the hubby find out what that extra need is, then try to help her meet it instead of accusing her? maybe he denies her when she asks and she's found a better way of getting money out of him.
its funny to know that the hubby knows the price of each and every item bought. It simply means he doesnt trust her with money at all.
damn!
pendo89:

This is what I think.She has no income and has no extra money to buy herself stuff. forget the diapers and sugar, she needs to look good and pamper herself once in a while. She a married woman not a maid.
I like it when wives have their own source of income to supplement and take care of those small women's needs. This one here doesn't seem to have one and so if the hubby is not helping her out then what does he expect? Its a bad habit that makes me ask myself again is that justified? has she begged and was denied?
And if he refuses to sort her out then can she please get some work to do like the rest of the women?

dayam!!
I couldn't possibly say it any better.
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by 195(f): 12:13pm On Nov 20, 2011
smh**women

exits thread
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by dinnox: 12:20pm On Nov 20, 2011
one thing i wil like point out is this the woman is suppose to plan with her husband we are talking about trust here i true wife will always want to mange and plan with her husband looking at the prices in question the guy is not too sound financially and the wife should know that once the trust is broken i dont think the marriage will last all i advice is we should always be ready to plan with our spouse and always build our trust with the woman in question did was wrong you can only do that if you know your husband have the money but stingy with it
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by Mynd44: 12:28pm On Nov 20, 2011
^^^
And now that he can trust her to always inflate prices he should not kill himself. He can tell her about it but he should not dare giving her the real price. He should just play along else he is looking for trouble
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by Nobody: 5:08pm On Nov 20, 2011
@poster
i can understand why your friend feels the way he does. his partner is deceitful and he must be feeling that EVERYTHING she says is/was a lie. what else has she been lying about? what more deceit is laying around to be discovered?

it doesnt matter if she has no income, it doesnt matter if she needs extra stuff for herself or not, and it surely DOESNT MATTER what she did with the extra money, the point here is about TRUST and HONESTY (which are basic foundations for any successful union). if his wife cannot tell him honestly what she needs and rather "scam him" with overpricing items then there is a SERIOUS problem in this union. also, if husband DONT want to give her extra cash for something else then wifey should adapt rather than scamming her husband with some dumb fraud.

marriage is about SHARING everything, no husband needs to be coming home after a hard day work, and then, become a detective in his own home to "find out" what his wife needs. there is definitely a serious lack of communication in this union.

my suggestion is to sit her down and give her a SOUND WARNING that if that was to repeat itself, drastic measures would have to be taken. there is NO reason to stay married to someone you dont trust, someone you dont understand, someone you cant relate to, someone who has no remorse in "stealing" from you. so, wifey should work damn hard to rebuild that trust, and if she cant then he should let her go her merry lying ways.

the fact that some women here feel that what she did is "remotely" RIGHT or UNDERSTANDABLE is amazing.
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by tellwisdom: 5:44pm On Nov 20, 2011

Now, she's been caught in the act. What next?? undecided undecided
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by pendo89(f): 6:28pm On Nov 20, 2011
tellwisdom:

Now, she's been caught in the act. What next?? undecided undecided

I hate to be in the hubbys/wife's shoes for real. I also hate it if I discover somebody has been milking me without my consent when I was only trying to help.
I address it point blank and ul never see my aid again.But this is a wife.I said the method she uses sucks even if shes got needs.
The way MBJ has described it makes one think shes a 'scam artist'.419 in the making.
Habits dont die. She has just learnt the art of perfecting it. Now why is the hubby not addressing it instead of saying he feels like throwing her out? she could be putting money in some savings account.(just thinking) They have a kid for christ's sake.
sad the husband will never trust her again.I pity them both but this can be salvaged through talk.
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by Amya(f): 6:37pm On Nov 20, 2011
Jeez, it's just a little money here and there, she shouldn't face the eletric chair!

Besides, haven't your friend heard of rounding up sum? She mustn't be accurate to the decimal point.

Women (esp house wives) have to be very shrewd and save for themselves a little nest egg, no one knows tomorrow. How they go about it does not matter. Students do this to their parents, and wives do it to their husbands. Your friend should not get worked up over this issue. Men always know about this inflation, but i'm guessing it should amuse them.
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by tellwisdom: 7:55pm On Nov 20, 2011
Jeez, it's just a little money here and there, she shouldn't face the eletric chair!

Besides, haven't your friend heard of rounding up sum? She mustn't be accurate to the decimal point.

Women (esp house wives) have to be very shrewd and save for themselves a little nest egg, no one knows tomorrow. How they go about it does not matter. Students do this to their parents, and wives do it to their husbands. Your friend should not get worked up over this issue. Men always know about this inflation, but i'm guessing it should amuse them

Shuttttttttttt the helllll up and dont irritate me, madam angry angry. Like i said earlier in my previous thread, most of you dont practice what you preach. shocked shocked. If actually men knows, why the hell is he going mad abt it?? #Any answer to that??
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by tellwisdom: 8:00pm On Nov 20, 2011
I hate to be in the hubbys/wife's shoes for real. I also hate it if I discover somebody has been milking me without my consent when I was only trying to help.
I address it point blank and ul never see my aid again.But this is a wife.I said the method she uses sucks even if shes got needs.
The way MBJ has described it makes one think shes a 'scam artist'.419 in the making.
Habits dont die. She has just learnt the art of perfecting it. Now why is the hubby not addressing it instead of saying he feels like throwing her out? she could be putting money in some savings account.(just thinking) They have a kid for christ's sake.
sad the husband will never trust her again.I pity them both but this can be salvaged through talk.

It doesnt really matter if she's a wife or not, but the fact still remains, she's not being faithful as a true wife , perhaps extorting his husband in a very funny and fraudulent way which is uncalled for embarassed embarassed. #Very very wrong, i must tell you. angry angry
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by pendo89(f): 8:12pm On Nov 20, 2011
He found out so what dd he do next? rush to tell his friend (op). Did he talk it out with the wife? what was her excuse?
Hes the husband and only he can square things out. This is the reason you find some married guys hustling at the market place and in the malls cz they cant trust their wives with cash. let them talk it out .
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by tellwisdom: 8:34pm On Nov 20, 2011
Im tired of hearing this talks it out of a thingy, even when the woman goes wrong, there's always an excuse talking it out undecided undecided. #Me don tire jor undecided
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by nath01(m): 11:00pm On Nov 21, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

@poster
i can understand why your friend feels the way he does. his partner is deceitful and he must be feeling that EVERYTHING she says is/was a lie. what else has she been lying about? what more deceit is laying around to be discovered?

it doesnt matter if she has no income, it doesnt matter if she needs extra stuff for herself or not, and it surely DOESNT MATTER what she did with the extra money, the point here is about TRUST and HONESTY (which are basic foundations for any successful union). if his wife cannot tell him honestly what she needs and rather "scam him" with overpricing items then there is a SERIOUS problem in this union. also, if husband DONT want to give her extra cash for something else then wifey should adapt rather than scamming her husband with some dumb fraud.

marriage is about SHARING everything, no husband needs to be coming home after a hard day work, and then, become a detective in his own home to "find out" what his wife needs. there is definitely a serious lack of communication in this union.

my suggestion is to sit her down and give her a SOUND WARNING that if that was to repeat itself, drastic measures would have to be taken. there is NO reason to stay married to someone you dont trust, someone you dont understand, someone you cant relate to, someone who has no remorse in "stealing" from you. so, wifey should work damn hard to rebuild that trust, and if she cant then he should let her go her merry lying ways.

the fact that some women here feel that what she did is "remotely" RIGHT or UNDERSTANDABLE is amazing.
yes ooooo
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by mischi(m): 11:49pm On Nov 21, 2011
u know these men eh!!!!!!look at all of them sharping mouth" its not about the money, its the trust,its the most basic element in a relationship"nyoo nyo nyo!!!

So u men know that trust and honesty is key to a sucessful relationship yet u lie to ur girlfriends/ wife's about where u were yesterday and who u wrote that check out to but have been whingeing about how things are rough for you financially and girlfriend/wifey has to stoop to checking ur phones and all to find out out the truth.Now all of a sudden u all crying honesty and trust, becos it now concerns ur money and suddenly suddenly honesty and trust don dey fly up and down, abeggiii!!!

Am not saying wot she did is right but common give d girl a break jor!!
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by weaseloo: 1:23am On Nov 22, 2011
The truth is that most women do it. And it is totally wrong.
That is how we pass this miserable act to our children and the cycle continues. . .

Your friend should work with his wife down to the detail with this and tell her it is wrong for her to do such since they are both in the marriage as 1.
He should not take it as one big thing abeg. Ask other married women, they do it but wont admit it. Just like you when you were growing up and you had to ask your parents for pocket money. You would want to add your own extras so you can get spare money for other stuff you might need but not want to tell them. Na so.
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by Outstrip(f): 5:50am On Nov 22, 2011
weaseloo:

The truth is that most women do it. And it is totally wrong.
That is how we pass this miserable act to our children and the cycle continues. . .

Your friend should work with his wife down to the detail with this and tell her it is wrong for her to do such since they are both in the marriage as 1.
He should not take it as one big thing abeg. Ask other married women, they do it but wont admit it. Just like you when you were growing up and you had to ask your parents for pocket money. You would want to add your own extras so you can get spare money for other stuff you might need but not want to tell them. Na so.

I am a married woman and i do not do it. My mother did not do it either so please do not generalize. The extras she is asking for is so small that it makes me wonder. first of all why is he the one with the access to their money and she does not. By doing that he has also made it clear that it is his money and not hers. So why should she respect it as their money. I really get irritated when I see married folks that insist on separate money. How can you say you are working towards the same goal when you have separate money. The man started it by putting his wife in a position to ask him for 1500 bucks to buy diapers. If she had the income would he be okay with asking her for 1500 bucks to buy shaving cream? SMH
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by Nobody: 8:06am On Nov 22, 2011
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by Nobody: 2:18pm On Nov 22, 2011
@Outstrip and CC
let's get one thing straight: wifey didnt "ask" for any extras, she took it in a deceitful ways. and if she had asked before and hubby refused to give it, THIS is not the way to go about solving the issue.

having your wife to ask for money, is just a way to keep a certain control of what's going on with the finances(especially if they live from paycheck to paycheck).

anyway, there could be many reasons why the hubby didnt give free access to the money to his wife. her actions portrayed on this thread should be one of these reasons: DISHONESTY, LACK OF TRUST, DECEIT.

also, as much as i am all for equality in marriage, there cannot be "2 chefs in a kitchen", that will only bring chaos. so as much as her input on any financial matter are welcomed, there should be someone with the final say (if there are disagreements).

and let's not forget that this is what is embedded into most African family: women at home asking their husband for money for food so that she could go to the market and buy whats needed etc. . . . . . . . .this is the African way! this is how most African husbands control their wives, this is how most African husbands check on their wives.
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by Nobody: 2:47pm On Nov 22, 2011
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by jaybee3(m): 2:51pm On Nov 22, 2011
Moral of the story => Don't marry a leech. Marry 'em working class ones cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

I Love My Sister In Law / Work Advice Needed For My Parent. / How Can One Stop A Loved One's Drug Addiction?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.