Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,142 members, 7,821,895 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:06 PM

Wife Financial Insincerity - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Wife Financial Insincerity (13088 Views)

Couples Please Encourage Me With Your Financial Struggles Stories. / Is It Wise To Explain Your Financial Problems To Your Kids? / Should The Man Bear The Whole Financial Expenses In The House? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by Nobody: 4:49pm On Nov 22, 2011
This man needs a slap, the story dey pain me. Normally when a woman asks for 3000naira, any sane husband should add atleast an extra 1000naira to it incase. I can imagine him giving her 2400naira plus 75naira extra for okada. Tufiakwa aka gum. cheesy cheesy
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by Nobody: 4:50pm On Nov 22, 2011
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by Nobody: 4:51pm On Nov 22, 2011
jennykadry:

I was expecting thousands of naira sef. All the money I have "stolen" from my oga's wallet both the ones I remembered to tell him and the ones I forgot to tell him about, he hasn't called for my head yet. What about using ATM cards nko? that man needs to grow up.

Seriously!

Some men these days are not matured enough to have families. Crying over petty money. Jeez!

I wonder if he would still be complaining if the woman was the one with the money. I bet will gladly inflate money for fuel, gas e.t.c and see nothing wrong with it!
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by Nobody: 4:51pm On Nov 22, 2011
@CC
how would hubby have seen the frivolities, since this lady would have been quick to inflate prices anyway?
her having full access to the money wouldnt have solved ANYTHING. the deceit would have probably still happened because, if he didnt want to spare money for "whatever she used the money for", then i doubt he would have agreed to it anyhow,

so the main issue here is the DECEIT, not the access to the cash.

@Jay Bee
yeah i hope so, it's still some 2 and half yrs away so who knows?

@Jennykadry
LOL, i was wondering when one of you ladies were gonna spit the "STINGY" word.
@Ujujoan
i heard you got married? how is married life  so far?
btw: if you also round off prices, shouldnt you do that with the global prices rather than with EVERY ITEM?
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by Nobody: 4:53pm On Nov 22, 2011
jennykadry:

This man needs a slap, the story dey pain me. Normally when a woman asks for 3000naira, any sane husband should add atleast an extra 1000naira to it incase. I can imagine him giving her 2400naira plus 75naira extra for okada. Tufiakwa aka gum. cheesy cheesy

ROTFLMAO  grin  grin  grin

Honestly, would he have found 'change' for the woman just to make sure she doesn't 'steal' from him. Aka gum no be small oh!  grin  grin

r231:

she is bck cheesy

kiss  kiss  kiss
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by debosky(m): 4:55pm On Nov 22, 2011
Ujujoan:

Don't even go there Debo!

You can't compare affairs b/w husband and wife with criminals. For christ sakes why must he even complain?

So if your husband consistently tells lies to you it is ok?

For me it's normal to round things up and honestly, I don't see that as stealing. If something goes for 1,200 I'm more likely to request for 1,500. That's absolutely normal and has NOTHING to do with fraud.

Na wa for round up oh. . . . please explain how you round up 1,000 to 1,500. grin

Do you round up each item or the whole shopping list? I can understand if you need 25k for the market asking for 30k just in case things change, but CONSISTENTLY inflating prices on individual items? That is criminal.  tongue

You guys just don't get it do you? Thank God for my hubby . . . tongue  cheesy

Honestly I don't get it - why is lying so casually accepted by women in this instance because it is 'just' 500 naira? Do you think those that steal billions started stealing billions in one day?

Abeg no support these women for political office oh. . . .they sound like Patricia Ettehs in the making. grin
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by Nobody: 4:57pm On Nov 22, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

@Ujujoan
i heard you got married? how is married life  so far?
btw: if you also round off prices, shouldnt you do that with the global prices rather than with EVERY ITEM?

WTF!  undecided  undecided

You know what, I think you think too much!

Rounding up figures with 'global prices'! Psheeeesh!  undecided  undecided

BTW, marraied life is great . . .  you should try it!  wink
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by Nobody: 4:58pm On Nov 22, 2011
MBJ Which kain deceit? some women are not sincere when it comes to money cheesy cheesy cheesy. Get over it already cool grin. I don't always tell my husband the correct prize of anything I want him to buy for me with his own "personal money" until we get to the shop and he sees it for himself. If wat I want costs 5 dollars, I will tell him it's 1.50dollars, that is the only way I can get him out of the house without his Ijebu blood intimidating me and taking over, when we get there, he sees the prize for himself and is left with no choice cool grin And yea, he's known this trick for years now but is wise enough to just go along with it instead of mourning unnecessarily.
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by armyofone(m): 5:00pm On Nov 22, 2011
I hate it when i hear or read of husband being calculative. tell your friend to grow up. he should give his bank information to his wife for her to take charge of the home. how old is your friend, teenager? weird and selfish of him to complain abt 3000 naira like it's hard currency. please tell your friend to go ask for forgiveness from his woman and do extra housework as a penance,  undecided
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by Nobody: 5:00pm On Nov 22, 2011
debosky:

So if your husband consistently tells lies to you it is ok?

Na wa for round up oh. . . . please explain how you round up 1,000 to 1,500. grin

Do you round up each item or the whole shopping list? I can understand if you need 25k for the market asking for 30k just in case things change, but CONSISTENTLY inflating prices on individual items? That is criminal.  tongue

Honestly I don't get it - why is lying so casually accepted by women in this instance because it is 'just' 500 naira? Do you think those that steal billions started stealing billions in one day?

Abeg no support these women for political office oh. . . .they sound like Patricia Ettehs in the making. grin
'Lies' will bother me, yes . . .  but this is NOT a lie. Jeez, I don't even have to hide what I'm doing.

Hubby: Honey help me buy Bleep . . .  how much is it?
Me: Just give me 1,500 . . .  I bought it 1,200 d last time.

Hell, I dont even have to ask for 1,500. If I tell him it's 1,200, he gives me 1,500. IT's not his money afterall, it's ours!
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by ronkebp(f): 5:02pm On Nov 22, 2011
The wife should start writing out list for him so that he can go to the market and shop for the house. STINGY MAN!!!
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by Nobody: 5:04pm On Nov 22, 2011
[size=30pt]SINGLE LADIES. PLEASE DO NOT MARRY POOR STINGY MEN[/size]
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by Nobody: 5:05pm On Nov 22, 2011
ronkebp:

The wife should start writing out list for him so that he can go to the market and shop for the house. STINGY MAN!!!

I bet he's doing that already now . . .  cheesy
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by debosky(m): 5:06pm On Nov 22, 2011
jennykadry:

MBJ Which kain deceit? some women are not sincere when it comes to money cheesy cheesy cheesy. Get over it already cool grin.

That is why I always collect JK's receipts for verification when she comes back from shopping. tongue

Ujujoan:

'Lies' will bother me, yes . . .  but this is NOT a lie. Jeez, I don't even have to hide what I'm doing.

Good - but she's been lying consistently for 8 months.

Hubby: Honey help me buy Bleep . . .  how much is it?
Me: Just give me 1,500 . . .  I bought it 1,200 d last time.

Hell, I dont even have to ask for 1,500. If I tell him it's 1,200, he gives me 1,500. IT's not his money afterall, it's ours!

That is a completely different issue - you're OPEN about the true cost. That is different from saying something is more expensive when it actually isn't.

Sorry not everyone may be as well off as your hubby - others may need to have good control over what they spend money on so that they can make ends meet.
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by ronkebp(f): 5:06pm On Nov 22, 2011
jennykadry:

[size=30pt]SINGLE LADIES. PLEASE DO NOT MARRY POOR STINGY MEN[/size]

ABI OOOOOOOOOOOOOO MY SISTER!!!!!!!!!! TELL THEM!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by r231(m): 5:09pm On Nov 22, 2011
Bottomline, they are suppose to have an account for all these stuff in the first place

so that way she can have access to the money and she won\t have to ask

everytime she is going to get the kids stuff or shopping for the house
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by Nobody: 5:11pm On Nov 22, 2011
@jennykadry
what you do with your hubby is RIGHT because at the end of the day, you BOTH know fully well what is going on. but in the OP's case, it is totally different!
if you KNOW that some women are not sincere with money then why do you blame men (like the op's friend) from acting the way they do? or are you claiming that any husband should simply go along to his wifey lies with money?

@Ujujoan
are you saying that you round off prices on EACH AND EVERY items? do you imagine what you are saying?! this is NOT rounding off, this is pure over overpricing. some people may see nothing wrong in the act, while others would. i am glad you got a guy who doesnt see anything wrong in the act.

lol, marriage, me?! kai! it's like Superman and Kriptonite.

Oh LAWD, the stingy mafia is out in force!
all the women here are assuming that this couple is SWIMMING IN MONEY. if a man makes a big deal about such "small amount" then i am safe to say that money is hard to come by for this couple, and as much as wifey may have her own ambitions, the guy provides for the FAMILY NECESSITIES and that is all that should really matter. some people out there DONT HAVE 600Nairas to spare, lets be real y'all!!!
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by ronkebp(f): 5:12pm On Nov 22, 2011
I tell my hubby the correct price of whatever i buy, because he does NOT CARE, if it cost millions or .001 cent, he does not care, we both shop for the house when he have the time to, i am working and he still gives me money, i don't even have to ask.

The poster's friend, am sure snoops around the house picking up receipts, just to get the actual price of things bought. Tufia!!!!!!! i can imagine him, diving into the bin/trash-can to get receipts.  grin grin grin grin
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by Nobody: 5:19pm On Nov 22, 2011
ronkebp:

I tell my hubby the correct price of whatever i buy, because he does NOT CARE, if it cost millions or .001 cent, he does not care, we both shop for the house when he have the time to, i am working and he still gives me money, i don't even have to ask.

The poster's friend, am sure snoops around the house picking up receipts, just to get the actual price of things bought. Tufia!!!!!!! i[b] can imagine him, diving into the bin/trash-can to get receipt[/b]s.  grin grin grin grin

The dude will dive into their closest first 10 neighbours trash cans just incase she dumped em into one of em bins . grin grin grin grin
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by debosky(m): 5:31pm On Nov 22, 2011
ronkebp:

Not everyone is as well off as your husband - some people need to monitor their finances closely to make ends meet. Should a man with small resources go bankrupt just to prove he isn't stingy? undecided
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by ronkebp(f): 5:39pm On Nov 22, 2011
jennykadry:

The dude will dive into their closest first 10 neighbours trash cans just incase she dumped em into one of em bins . grin grin grin grin

LOL grin grin grin grin grin grin i know!!!!!!! right?

debosky:

Not everyone is as well off as your husband - some people need to monitor their finances closely to make ends meet. Should a man with small resources go bankrupt just to prove he isn't stingy? undecided

Debo how will he comeout of financial difficulty, if he keeps count of trivial financial issues. ?? wink wink wink
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by armyofone(m): 5:39pm On Nov 22, 2011
dont marry if you are not then, it's simple. soon he will chop without condom and born plenty only for the *shurffering* and calculating to continue.

debosky:

Not everyone is as well off as your husband - some people need to monitor their finances closely to make ends meet. Should a man with small resources go bankrupt just to prove he isn't stingy?  undecided
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by Nobody: 5:54pm On Nov 22, 2011
^^^ are you insinuating that only RICH PEOPLE or CARELESS SPENDERS should get married? lol
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by Nobody: 6:14pm On Nov 22, 2011
@ Debo, MBJ,

Don't you guys think that if the lady were really a thief, she will steal something more that 600 bucks? You guys should be real abeg . . . .

The guy is crying over change and you'all are here turning it into some sort of female conspiracy to dupe you men!

And yes I round up things, but only because it's easier to get money in 1,000 and 500 notes than 100, 200 or 50 naira. And yes, if I decide to use the 'change' to buy nail polish, that's my business  . . .  but I sure am not ready to give back any 'change'.

If that's stealing, then charge me!  cool  cool

This is not about being rich at all . . . you'll be surprused how many 'ppor' men who will think nothing of that issue. Afterall, when the man is broke, it also affects the woman, so why on earth will she want to 'steal' from he own husband?
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by debosky(m): 6:25pm On Nov 22, 2011
Ujujoan:

@ Debo, MBJ,

Don't you guys think that if the lady were really a thief, she will steal something more that 600 bucks? You guys should be real abeg . . . .

So stealing 600 bucks is not enough to make you a thief? Interesting grin

I wonder how much has to be stolen before someone will be a thief. undecided

The guy is crying over change and you'all are here turning it into some sort of female conspiracy to dupe you men!

The problem is that most of you ladies are not condemning what she did and regard it as ok. Why should a wife deceiving her husband be an ok thing? There is a female conspiracy to accuse anyone who cares about the 'small' amounts of money of stinginess. undecided

And yes I round up things, but only because it's easier to get money in 1,000 and 500 notes than 100, 200 or 50 naira. And yes, if I decide to use the 'change' to buy nail polish, that's my business  . . .  but I sure am not ready to give back any 'change'.

If that's stealing, then charge me!  cool  cool

No one is asking you to give back change - if you persistently lie about the prices of products just to get more money out of your husband then it's stealing.

This is not about being rich at all . . . you'll be surprused how many 'ppor' men who will think nothing of that issue. Afterall, when the man is broke, it also affects the woman, so why on earth will she want to 'steal' from he own husband?

It is all about being rich my dear - y'all are saying 'ordinary' 600 naira because it means little or nothing to you. That's almost half of some people's monthly rent.
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by armyofone(m): 6:32pm On Nov 22, 2011
hopefully the woman in the case is not sitting back and crying. craze for him one time, and it's forever . . . never going to talk abt little changies from your spendings again. change ko, change ni.

wished stingy is mapped on their brows.
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by ronkebp(f): 6:53pm On Nov 22, 2011
^^^^^^^ Naso grin grin grin grin, Sometimes it is not all about how bulky the pocket is, but showing care and understanding at the smallest things.
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by Nobody: 7:09pm On Nov 22, 2011
Which kain yeye change? change ko, undressed ni. All the time he has been pounding away 3 times a day, did he remember to leave some sp[i]e[/i]rm change for another round? yeye dey smell. What is good for the goose is not good for the gander when it comes to feminine stuff.

Just imagine a man placing so much importance to 600naira. This shows how much his wife costs in his eyes. sad
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by Nobody: 7:31pm On Nov 22, 2011
@jennykadry
so because they have s[b]e[/b]x, he should be giving her money regardless of what he believes or think is right? now you ladies are starting to make very little sense. (as if only we men enjoy the bedroom acrobatics)

stingy stingy stingy, you women are quick to call men stingy yet, most dont have a penny to bring to the union. if any of you ladies have your own income then buy your own and stop calling men stingy because they dont believe in y'all "frivolities".
spending money or shopping to y'all is a form of therapy and this is also why some men lost their fortunes (and were subsequently dumped by these same damsel).

any man has the right to decide what he wants to do with his money, if his wife is quick to whine about 600Naira extra then let HER go and earn it, et voila!

go ask any of the vulcanizer, danfo/okada drivers etc if 600Naira is "nothing" as you lot are quick to claim.
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by debosky(m): 7:36pm On Nov 22, 2011
ronkebp:

^^^^^^^ Naso grin grin grin grin, Sometimes it is not all about how bulky the pocket is, but showing care and understanding at the smallest things.

Make we hear word!

The man has been giving her the amounts she has asked for without complaining. He is only feeling betrayed after finding out she is consistently lying to him about the price.

It's one thing to ask for money for stuff in general, and there's blatant lying.

I don't see how finding lying reprehensible is now a case of not showing care and understanding.  The man never asked for change, he asks what the price is and pays. It is not unreasonable to expect truthful answers from someone supposed to be the mother of your kids.
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by ronkebp(f): 7:56pm On Nov 22, 2011
Debosky what is his business with the price of ''baby formular'' in the market?? what is his business with the price of maggi and pepper, so the woman is not big enough to buy things in the house and spend as she should. There are so many times that i go to shop and i end up buying what i did not have in mind from the beginning, especially that Niaja market, You will go to buy baby food, from there you will see bib, soap, baby lotion that you know the baby needs and it is not on the list. So the guy should give his wife a break abeg!!!
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by debosky(m): 8:02pm On Nov 22, 2011
ronkebp:

Debosky what is his business with the price of ''baby formular'' in the market?? what is his business with the price of maggi and pepper, so the woman is not big enough to buy things in the house and spend as she should. There are so many times that i go to shop and i end up buying what i did not have in mind from the beginning, especially that Niaja market, You will go to buy baby food, from there you will see bib, soap, baby lotion that you know the baby needs and it is not on the list. So the guy should give his wife a break abeg!!!

So a man should not concern himself with prices of what he is paying for? What if his income is limited and he is trying to manage his expenditure? What if he is trying to budget so that the little money he has goes round? undecided

Do you think the man enjoyed finding out his wife is lying to him about prices?

No one said the woman is not big enough - that is not the issue here. After all, the man still gives her the money she asks for. The issue is, why should she persistently LIE about the prices? It is dishonest behaviour pure and simple.

That is the issue you ladies have ignored - you've concluded it's the man who should give the wife a break. How about the wife being honest with her husband in the first place? Is honesty too much to expect from your own wife?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

How I spent My Xmas. / How Can One Stop A Loved One's Drug Addiction? / Woman Marries 2 Men, Charged To Sharia Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.