Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,370 members, 7,864,707 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 02:59 AM

Joe Ajaero: FG’s 35% Pay Rise Mischievous — Living Wage Should Be N615k - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Joe Ajaero: FG’s 35% Pay Rise Mischievous — Living Wage Should Be N615k (17258 Views)

May Day: NLC Rejects 35% Pay Rise, Insists On Living Wage / Joe Ajaero To Residents: Stock Up Your House, Imo Will Be On Indefinite Lockdow / "Minimum Wage Should Vary From State To State" - Peter Obi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Joe Ajaero: FG’s 35% Pay Rise Mischievous — Living Wage Should Be N615k by Kobojunkie: 2:00pm On May 01
Procashtips:
Let's discuss realty for a family of 5. !
Why is it the Government's problem that you decide to take on a family of that size? undecided

1 Like

Re: Joe Ajaero: FG’s 35% Pay Rise Mischievous — Living Wage Should Be N615k by SuperEagles: 2:00pm On May 01
Why should the FG be responsible for any family of 5 when he employed only one perosn in the family.

If the FG is bearing the burdening of the 5 member family can it also share it responsibility to them or the family alone own right to place it responsibility on the FG ?!

Procashtips:
Let's discuss realty for a family of 5.

12.5kg gas @ ₦15k for a month, let's say you don't cook daily, you can manage for 1.5 months. That's ₦10k per month.

Feeding at ₦6k per day (Total management). That's ₦120k per month.

Lets say you buy clothes once every 3 months at ₦60k for a family of 5, that's ₦20k per month.

Utilities = ₦30k per month (soap,power, water, PSP, security etc)

School fees (if all 3 children are in public schools) = ₦50k per child x 3 = ₦150k/3 (A term is 3 months) = ₦50k per month.

Transportation = ₦20k per month

Housing = ₦800k for a 2 bedroom for a family of 5 = ₦67k per month.

Total = ₦317k per month.

Let's say father and mother works and bring home their share.

Meaning they need a minimum of ₦155k each to meet up with the above bills without savings, emergency fund, investment fund or money for miscellaneous.

The least the government can do is increase minimum wage to ₦150k per month.

Anything below ₦100k is pure wickedness!
Re: Joe Ajaero: FG’s 35% Pay Rise Mischievous — Living Wage Should Be N615k by Kobojunkie: 2:01pm On May 01
flipdat:
some teens in north anerica are earning 15$ an hour
The current minimum wage in the USA is $7. 25 per hour
▶ The federal minimum wage is $7.25 per hour. This rate applies to covered nonexempt workers.
▶ The minimum wage for employees who receive tips is $2.13 per hour. The amount of tips plus the $2.13 must reach at least $7.25 per hour.

They earn $15 for work that is worth that much and it isn't based on family size. lipsrsealed
Re: Joe Ajaero: FG’s 35% Pay Rise Mischievous — Living Wage Should Be N615k by Akwamkpuruamu: 2:01pm On May 01
CodeTemplar:
lol. There always is.

But we should not talk of that. But when civil servants earn something decent, inflation comes in. Has inflation not being doubled, yet any salary increase?

1 Like

Re: Joe Ajaero: FG’s 35% Pay Rise Mischievous — Living Wage Should Be N615k by GreaterFuture(m): 2:02pm On May 01
WeddingParol:
This guy is a comedian.

No wonder Mama Peace didn't want him as NLC President.
When was this?
Don't remember Joe AJa.. and Patience Jonathan In the same sentence..
Please remind me
Re: Joe Ajaero: FG’s 35% Pay Rise Mischievous — Living Wage Should Be N615k by Akwamkpuruamu: 2:02pm On May 01
SuperEagles:
Why should the FG be responsible for any family of 5 when he employed only one perosn in the family.

If the FG is bearing the burdening of the 5 member family can it also share it responsibility to them or the family alone own right to place it responsibility on the FG ?!

The man working for the government is working to care for his family. So are u saying the government is taking care of only the man and his family can go to hell. Even the underage children?
Re: Joe Ajaero: FG’s 35% Pay Rise Mischievous — Living Wage Should Be N615k by CodeTemplar: 2:02pm On May 01
Akwamkpuruamu:

But we should not talk of that. But when civil servants earn something decent, inflation comes in. Has inflation not being doubled, yet any salary increase?
I never stopped anyone from discussing that one.
Re: Joe Ajaero: FG’s 35% Pay Rise Mischievous — Living Wage Should Be N615k by Procashtips(m): 2:02pm On May 01
SuperEagles:

Have you ever been employed before?
If yes, ever been given an employment letter?
If yes, do you not see where allowances and all that are covered for as the total salary package?
Don't they include the children in the salary package?

I'm assuming you have ever received a standard employment letter before.

If not, google what an employment letter looks like. The one that explain your salary package.

Or are you saying government work should only be for single men and women?
Re: Joe Ajaero: FG’s 35% Pay Rise Mischievous — Living Wage Should Be N615k by Yankee101: 2:03pm On May 01
Tinubu is not prioritizing the masses
He’s making the chagourys richer
The civil servant and ordinary Nigerian poorer
Re: Joe Ajaero: FG’s 35% Pay Rise Mischievous — Living Wage Should Be N615k by Procashtips(m): 2:03pm On May 01
Kobojunkie:
Why is it the Government's problem that you decide to take on a family of that size? undecided

What size should the government take up?
Re: Joe Ajaero: FG’s 35% Pay Rise Mischievous — Living Wage Should Be N615k by Allisgud: 2:05pm On May 01
seyits:
The figure sounds like the man is joking.

This current NLC president has a lot to learn from Adams Oshomole Labour congress

Get a SUPER Professional Company Logo Or Letterhead for your Business for 2k Only

PAY AFTER SERVICE

Drop us your Company name for your Logo
https://forms.gle/QZCUQzScJ9CovncEA
wetin make him learn from oshiomole,una go just dey yarn ewa
Re: Joe Ajaero: FG’s 35% Pay Rise Mischievous — Living Wage Should Be N615k by advanceDNA: 2:06pm On May 01
Floky215:

It's not good to pay civil servants 615K but good for politicians to steal funds in trillions...!!

Many Nigerians are wired to be mumu truly...!!

The money is there to pay...!!! The politicians are just simply stealing it on an industrial scale...!!

Baba u will not die young...

.... Nigerians will keep giving reasons why they don't deserve small small subsidies and decent minimum wage from their own common wealth ....

but justify why their corrupt leaders should drive 300 million naira vehicles ....

Very dirty set of people.!!!!.....we truly deserve the leaders we have

1 Like

Re: Joe Ajaero: FG’s 35% Pay Rise Mischievous — Living Wage Should Be N615k by yemmit90: 2:08pm On May 01
SoNature:
Joe Ajaero isn't being reasonable. If Nigeria starts paying workers what he wants, it means that government will even borrow money to pay salaries while everything else is abandoned.

The biggest illusion we have in this country is to think that Nigeria is a rich country. I don't know how a country that budgets less than $50 billion for one year for 220 million people is rich. To date, I don't know what we are doing with two legislative houses.

Anyways, NLC and TUC should ask for something that is sustainable. Those who earn less than 100k should get 100% pay raise and those who earn more than 100% should get 30% pay raise.

So, someone earning 80k should get 100% increment to 160k, while those earning 110k/120 should get 30% increment to same 160k?
Re: Joe Ajaero: FG’s 35% Pay Rise Mischievous — Living Wage Should Be N615k by thatigboman: 2:08pm On May 01
Procashtips:

If yes, do you not see where allowances and all that are covered for as the total salary package?

If not, google what an employment letter looks like. The one that explain your salary package.

exactly. Children's education allowance is part of what I'm paid. Those high up even receive domestic servants allowance in addition to Children own.
Re: Joe Ajaero: FG’s 35% Pay Rise Mischievous — Living Wage Should Be N615k by bentenny(m): 2:10pm On May 01
See how everyone is complaining about the proposed minimum wage by organized labour as if that's there final stand!

But nobody said anything about the effect that a 300% increase or a proposed VAT increase will cause the inflation!

At the risk of sounding like a broken record,the 600k might likely be put forward for negotiation which will likely be reduced!

My thought is that they might end up agreeing on 100-150k
Re: Joe Ajaero: FG’s 35% Pay Rise Mischievous — Living Wage Should Be N615k by Daheru(m): 2:10pm On May 01
SoNature:
Joe Ajaero isn't being reasonable. If Nigeria starts paying workers what he wants, it means that government will even borrow money to pay salaries while everything else is abandoned.

The biggest illusion we have in this country is to think that Nigeria is a rich country. I don't know how a country that budgets less than $50 billion for one year for 220 million people is rich. To date, I don't know what we are doing with two legislative houses.

Anyways, NLC and TUC should ask for something that is sustainable. Those who earn less than 100k should get 100% pay raise and those who earn more than 100% should get 30% pay raise.

If your suggestion is applied, a person earning 95k (which becomes 190k after 100% pay rise) will earn more than a person earning 105k (which becomes 136k5 after 30% pay rise)
Re: Joe Ajaero: FG’s 35% Pay Rise Mischievous — Living Wage Should Be N615k by Mypeople2(m): 2:11pm On May 01
bennybuhari:

https://www.thecable.ng/ajaero-fgs-35-pay-rise-mischievous-living-wage-should-be-n615k/
It is an abysmal to know that the salaries of the two houses of Commotion in Nigeria of 469 people can feed more than 160,000 citizens with minimum wage salary . If these guys are looting the national treasury, what is 615k that the government cannot pay ? Have you ever seen the salaries of past governors ? Not to talk how much they embezzled and siphoned while in office
Re: Joe Ajaero: FG’s 35% Pay Rise Mischievous — Living Wage Should Be N615k by Kobojunkie: 2:12pm On May 01
Procashtips:
■ What size should the government take up?
I am still lost as to why the Government has to bear your family size issues when the choice to have that is yours. undecided
Re: Joe Ajaero: FG’s 35% Pay Rise Mischievous — Living Wage Should Be N615k by Procashtips(m): 2:13pm On May 01
thatigboman:
exactly. Children's education allowance is part of what I'm paid. Those high up even receive domestic servants allowance in addition to Children own.

The way some people defend these politicians is so annoying.

Politicians that receive "hardship" allowance and even "newspaper" allowance that are like 5-10X higher than the common man's minimum wage, yet they're asking why should government pay workers salaries that should cater for a family of 5.

1 Like

Re: Joe Ajaero: FG’s 35% Pay Rise Mischievous — Living Wage Should Be N615k by Procashtips(m): 2:14pm On May 01
Kobojunkie:
I am still lost as to why the Government has to bear your family size issues when the choice to have that is yours. undecided

And I'm asking you, what family size should govt salary encourage?

Should only single men and women work for govt?

If yes, why are the political office holders family men and women and receiving salaries that can take care of them irrespective of their family size?
Re: Joe Ajaero: FG’s 35% Pay Rise Mischievous — Living Wage Should Be N615k by SuperEagles: 2:14pm On May 01
I am yet to see any salary covering children in the salary. google did not also reveal that with so please further clarity is needed. I have only worked with private firms n no provision whatsoever was made for children in the wage structure I received.

Procashtips:

Re: Joe Ajaero: FG’s 35% Pay Rise Mischievous — Living Wage Should Be N615k by Kobojunkie: 2:15pm On May 01
Procashtips:
■ The way some people defend these politicians is so annoying. Politicians that receive "hardship" allowance and even "newspaper" allowance that are like 5-10% higher than the common man's minimum wage, yet they're asking why should government pay workers salaries that should cater for a family of 5.
Politicians are not supposed to receive that though. Anything that uses tax money for their personal choices is to be frowned upon. So, when labor demands the same as those politicians, it makes labor look equally like a problem that the country needs to also get rid of. undecided
Re: Joe Ajaero: FG’s 35% Pay Rise Mischievous — Living Wage Should Be N615k by Tzar(m): 2:15pm On May 01
Foolish Joe should just STFU & take action.
He talks when he is supposed to act & acts when he is supposed to talk! Foolish man!
Re: Joe Ajaero: FG’s 35% Pay Rise Mischievous — Living Wage Should Be N615k by SuperEagles: 2:17pm On May 01
I am saying the FG should not be responsible for the man's responsibilities that is why in the UK wife n husband work to pay of the bills. They don't start lamenting to their employer they have 5 kids n needs to pay tuition gas electricity trash n all sort of nonsense.

Akwamkpuruamu:

The man working for the government is working to care for his family. So are u saying the government is taking care of only the man and his family can go to hell. Even the underage children?
Re: Joe Ajaero: FG’s 35% Pay Rise Mischievous — Living Wage Should Be N615k by Boyooosa(m): 2:18pm On May 01
Christistruth00:

This man need to resign and fully join Politics instead

He is not a Good Labour Leader

He's not reasonable and realistic

1 Like

Re: Joe Ajaero: FG’s 35% Pay Rise Mischievous — Living Wage Should Be N615k by Procashtips(m): 2:19pm On May 01
Kobojunkie:
Politicians are not supposed to receive that though. Anything that uses tax money for their personal choices is to be frowned upon. So, when labor demands the same as those politicians, it makes labor look equally like a problem that the country needs to also get rid of. undecided

Is labor asking for newspaper and hardship allowance or they're asking for basic salary that can handle the basic needs of life?
Re: Joe Ajaero: FG’s 35% Pay Rise Mischievous — Living Wage Should Be N615k by Kobojunkie: 2:20pm On May 01
Procashtips:
■ And I'm asking you, what family size should govt salary encourage?
■ Should only single men and women work for govt?
■ If yes, why are the political office holders family men and women and receiving salaries that can take care of them irrespective of their family size?
NONE! Your salary should simply pay you for work done and that should be where it should end. If benefits are offered, it should not be based on your family size but simply what the company offers ALL(not some) of its employees. undecided

2. Given the computation put forth by labor, the Country is better off hiring only single men and women as they would come in a lot cheaper to taxpayers than the family man who wishes the government to carry the weight of his family of five. undecided

3. These are corrupt practices that ought to be done away with. So for labor to agitate for the same practices to continue means Labor has made itself part of the problem of Nigeria. Anyways, I see how even the man at the bottom wants to get his share of the corruption loot. undecided
Re: Joe Ajaero: FG’s 35% Pay Rise Mischievous — Living Wage Should Be N615k by Procashtips(m): 2:21pm On May 01
SuperEagles:
I am yet to see any salary covering children in the salary. google did not also reveal that with so please further clarity is needed. I have only worked with private firms n no provision whatsoever was made for children in the wage structure I received.

Hope you saw children's education in the first attachment?

And hope you can see the breakdown of a lagos state worker's payslip?

Re: Joe Ajaero: FG’s 35% Pay Rise Mischievous — Living Wage Should Be N615k by Kobojunkie: 2:21pm On May 01
Procashtips:
■ Is labor asking for newspaper and hardship allowance or they're asking for basic salary that can handle the basic needs of life?
Basic salary ke?
Basic salary or base pay is the fixed amount of money paid to an employee, excluding deductions (i.e., tax contributions, benefits, insurance, etc.) and additions (i.e., bonuses, overtime pay, etc.)
What Labor is asking for here is far from basic. undecided
Re: Joe Ajaero: FG’s 35% Pay Rise Mischievous — Living Wage Should Be N615k by Procashtips(m): 2:22pm On May 01
Kobojunkie:
NONE! Your salary should simply pay you for work done and that should be where it should end. If benefits are offered, it should not be based on your family size but simply what the company offers ALL(not some) of its employees. undecided

2. Given the computation put forth by labor, the Country is better off hiring only single men and women as they would come in a lot cheaper to taxpayers than the family man who wishes the government to carry the weight of his family of five. undecided

3. These are corrupt practices that ought to be done away with. So for labor to agitate for the same practices to continue means Labor has made itself part of the problem of Nigeria. Anyways, I see how even the man at the bottom wants to get his share of the corruption loot. undecided

Like this?

Re: Joe Ajaero: FG’s 35% Pay Rise Mischievous — Living Wage Should Be N615k by advanceDNA: 2:23pm On May 01
popes001:
No doubt wages and salaries should be reviewed, upscaled, and upgraded but 615k is not only going to drive up inflation, but locally cripple the value of the naira which is our national identity. The federal government is in-between the rock and the hard place as it is with this topic. The natural solution for this may be to 1)Drive down prices of goods and services (even if it has to subsidize grains such as rice, beans , maize etc).
2) start giving out incentives and cash award to civil servants and artisans to mitigate the effect of this hardship
3) Adequate security and mechanized incentives for farmers everywhere.

U pple are funny......let them negotiate and bring it to a reasonable figure..... u pple have become so used to being tortured and cheated by ur leaders that the sound of anything decent is automatically not deserving and sustainable to you....

But all our money in the pockets few corrupt leaders hands will not cause inflation bah!!

Everybody is not civil servant in Nigeria ...minimum wage is only paid to government workers ......u pple should stop saying paying a decent salary to ur brothers, sisters, or fathers will cause problems....

What's is causing problem is one person having 3pieces of 300 million naira car, receiving news paper allowance, and hardship allowance, and all many of dirty allowances.....
Re: Joe Ajaero: FG’s 35% Pay Rise Mischievous — Living Wage Should Be N615k by Procashtips(m): 2:23pm On May 01
Kobojunkie:
Basic salary ke?
What Labor is asking for here is far from basic. undecided

What's your argument?

It's getting tiring.

What exactly are you for or against?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Guidelines For Marriage, Burial Ceremonies In Rivers State / Gbajabiamila To Tinubu: You’re An Eagle, Where You Are Going Is Destined / Obidient Movement Is Fuelled By Tribal, Religious Sentiments - Keyamo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.