Stats: 3,166,347 members, 7,864,637 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 10:35 PM

Joe Ajaero: FG’s 35% Pay Rise Mischievous — Living Wage Should Be N615k - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Joe Ajaero: FG’s 35% Pay Rise Mischievous — Living Wage Should Be N615k (17254 Views)

May Day: NLC Rejects 35% Pay Rise, Insists On Living Wage / Joe Ajaero To Residents: Stock Up Your House, Imo Will Be On Indefinite Lockdow / "Minimum Wage Should Vary From State To State" - Peter Obi (2) (3) (4)

Re: Joe Ajaero: FG’s 35% Pay Rise Mischievous — Living Wage Should Be N615k by Kobojunkie: 2:25pm On May 01
Procashtips:
■ Like this?
So long as all employees get the same amount, and it isn't that those who chose to have more kids or bigger family sizes get more benefits than others, good. undecided
Re: Joe Ajaero: FG’s 35% Pay Rise Mischievous — Living Wage Should Be N615k by Kobojunkie: 2:25pm On May 01
Procashtips:
■ What's your argument? It's getting tiring. What exactly are you for or against?
Look who's talking! I have not changed my tone since I started on this. undecided
Re: Joe Ajaero: FG’s 35% Pay Rise Mischievous — Living Wage Should Be N615k by Doyin2(m): 2:25pm On May 01
Ajaero is a clown.

Minimum wage is for the least paid worker,probably a cleaner and the likes.

Minimum wage is not meant for an Idiot on a minimum wage but decides to have a family of 6.

Neither is it meant for higher workers that would require N40k per month accommodation.You must be an idiot on a minimum wage,to want to live higher than a room accommodation .

If you want to spend N50k per month for your children’s’ education, without hustling and improving your self,to earn far above minimum wage ,then you are also an idiot.

If you want to be in an apartment that requires N20k per month for electricity and you are on minimum wage,then you are both a fool and idiot.

However,minimum wage should be high enough ,to feed you and your very moderate family and transport you to and from work.

If you are on minimum wage and works in Lekki,but lives in Alimosho,without staff bus,then you’re an imbe**cile😀

More critically ,minimum wage would be a function of productivity and revenue.

No government in Nigeria,federal or state,can afford N615k per month,without spending every revenue on workers only,irrespective of the current level of corruption wastages and leakages.
Re: Joe Ajaero: FG’s 35% Pay Rise Mischievous — Living Wage Should Be N615k by Procashtips(m): 2:27pm On May 01
Kobojunkie:
Look who's talking! I have not changed my tone since I started on this. undecided

Can you answer my question or should I move on for the lack of it?
Re: Joe Ajaero: FG’s 35% Pay Rise Mischievous — Living Wage Should Be N615k by Procashtips(m): 2:28pm On May 01
Kobojunkie:
So long as all employees get the same amount, and it isn't that those who chose to have more kids or bigger family sizes get more benefits than others, good. undecided

Do you understand what you're even arguing about?

Do you understand what minimum wage stands for?
Re: Joe Ajaero: FG’s 35% Pay Rise Mischievous — Living Wage Should Be N615k by Testimony1988(m): 2:28pm On May 01
Christistruth00:

This man need to resign and fully join Politics instead

He is not a Good Labour Leader
Why did you say so?
Re: Joe Ajaero: FG’s 35% Pay Rise Mischievous — Living Wage Should Be N615k by Dennisochampa: 2:29pm On May 01
615k??

I didn't know rituals is now legalized in Nigeria Sha
Re: Joe Ajaero: FG’s 35% Pay Rise Mischievous — Living Wage Should Be N615k by Bimpe29: 2:31pm On May 01
Unfortunately, the current Labor Leaders are toothless bulldog.
Re: Joe Ajaero: FG’s 35% Pay Rise Mischievous — Living Wage Should Be N615k by Kobojunkie: 2:33pm On May 01
Doyin2:
Ajaero is a clown. Minimum wage is for the least paid worker,probably a cleaner and the likes. Minimum wage is not meant for an Idiot on a minimum wage but decides to have a family of 6.
Neither is it meant for higher workers that would require N40k per month accommodation.You must be an idiot on a minimum wage,to want to live higher than a room accommodation .
Minimum wage is not for idiots. Rather, it is the least salary anyone in even an entry-level position out to expects to be paid. That said, this man is indeed off his rockers talking of a family of 6 and what not as though minimum wage is to be based on family size and the rest. undecided
Re: Joe Ajaero: FG’s 35% Pay Rise Mischievous — Living Wage Should Be N615k by Enskynelson(m): 2:35pm On May 01
SoNature:
Joe Ajaero isn't being reasonable. If Nigeria starts paying workers what he wants, it means that government will even borrow money to pay salaries while everything else is abandoned.

The biggest illusion we have in this country is to think that Nigeria is a rich country. I don't know how a country that budgets less than $50 billion for one year for 220 million people is rich. To date, I don't know what we are doing with two legislative houses.

Anyways, NLC and TUC should ask for something that is sustainable. Those who earn less than 100k should get 100% pay raise and those who earn more than 100% should get 50% pay raise.
But if Nigeria is not rich, where did Emefiele and Bello get all the money they looted from and they are not alone.
Re: Joe Ajaero: FG’s 35% Pay Rise Mischievous — Living Wage Should Be N615k by Fearyourcreator: 2:42pm On May 01
SoNature:
Joe Ajaero isn't being reasonable. If Nigeria starts paying workers what he wants, it means that government will even borrow money to pay salaries while everything else is abandoned.

The biggest illusion we have in this country is to think that Nigeria is a rich country. I don't know how a country that budgets less than $50 billion for one year for 220 million people is rich. To date, I don't know what we are doing with two legislative houses.

Anyways, NLC and TUC should ask for something that is sustainable. Those who earn less than 100k should get 100% pay raise and those who earn more than 100% should get 50% pay raise.
100 percent rise With budget less than $50b for 220m population ... Okay
Re: Joe Ajaero: FG’s 35% Pay Rise Mischievous — Living Wage Should Be N615k by Osaremwantaelvi(m): 2:48pm On May 01
Even this 35% nobody go see am
Re: Joe Ajaero: FG’s 35% Pay Rise Mischievous — Living Wage Should Be N615k by ghettochild(m): 2:57pm On May 01
seyits:
The figure sounds like the man is joking.

This current NLC president has a lot to learn from Adams Oshomole Labour congress

Get a SUPER Professional Company Logo Or Letterhead for your Business for 2k Only

PAY AFTER SERVICE

Drop us your Company name for your Logo
https://forms.gle/QZCUQzScJ9CovncEA
send ur number
Re: Joe Ajaero: FG’s 35% Pay Rise Mischievous — Living Wage Should Be N615k by Tywo2018: 3:15pm On May 01
Joe a day dreamer
Re: Joe Ajaero: FG’s 35% Pay Rise Mischievous — Living Wage Should Be N615k by wolebest: 3:28pm On May 01
bennybuhari:

https://www.thecable.ng/ajaero-fgs-35-pay-rise-mischievous-living-wage-should-be-n615k/

This much of a wage that will cause more hyper inflation.

The NLC is bereft of ideas that can help the Nigerian worker.

They have no blue print of what can help workers out.
Re: Joe Ajaero: FG’s 35% Pay Rise Mischievous — Living Wage Should Be N615k by Krankhead: 3:35pm On May 01
Is Ajero still.labour leader
Re: Joe Ajaero: FG’s 35% Pay Rise Mischievous — Living Wage Should Be N615k by Oluwademilade: 3:35pm On May 01
oluwaseyi0:
Labour is making the government think this is a joke

Nothing above 70k minimum age will be easily enforceable

Nobody earns that minimum wage, it's for level one step one, even primary school holders start from level four or so

You don’t know what you’re talking about. Ask teachers in private schools
Re: Joe Ajaero: FG’s 35% Pay Rise Mischievous — Living Wage Should Be N615k by skj1377(m): 3:40pm On May 01
Increase wage by 35% but increase fuel by 500 % and most recently electricity by 300% . Food is another issue. Anyways this is the change you talked about. Change to poverty.
Re: Joe Ajaero: FG’s 35% Pay Rise Mischievous — Living Wage Should Be N615k by oluwaseyi0: 3:40pm On May 01
Oluwademilade:

You don’t know what you’re talking about. Ask teachers in private schools

And you think private school will pay the proposed 615k by labor?

Re: Joe Ajaero: FG’s 35% Pay Rise Mischievous — Living Wage Should Be N615k by frankson1(m): 3:46pm On May 01
Akwamkpuruamu:

That 15kg gas for a family of five must finish in a month. If u won't cook daily, eating junks is more expensive.

6k for a family of five, three sq meals a day is impossible. So each person eats less than #1500 a day. How? Where can you see a plate of food for 500 in this country? Even in the villages it's very rare

12.5kg will take you over 1month unless you're cooking stone.

The truth of the matter is, it's going to be a death sentence to the same workers if minimum wage is even 300k per month and the labour leader will still go back to the FG for another raise.

The only solution to this is for the country to become a manufacturing and production hub.

Re: Joe Ajaero: FG’s 35% Pay Rise Mischievous — Living Wage Should Be N615k by frankson1(m): 3:49pm On May 01
flipdat:
some teens in north anerica are earning 15$ an hour

And did you ask the same Teens the actual amount that gets into their pockets or the actual amount that they will spend or that belongs to them?

Re: Joe Ajaero: FG’s 35% Pay Rise Mischievous — Living Wage Should Be N615k by membranus: 3:53pm On May 01
GBPUSD:
If I had the opportunity to leave this country with my family to a better place, I'd never come back.

Wetin dey pursue you? You are going nowhere, we go all kpai here in Nigeria.
Re: Joe Ajaero: FG’s 35% Pay Rise Mischievous — Living Wage Should Be N615k by victorsola: 4:18pm On May 01
Hoelujohn:

The government can pay 200k by downsizing by about 30% of it's bloated workforce
so they increase the unemployment rate again , it will go back to square one. Brain dey run from most of una
Re: Joe Ajaero: FG’s 35% Pay Rise Mischievous — Living Wage Should Be N615k by zoomzoom(m): 4:18pm On May 01
[quote author=SensualMan post=129729295]I personally think Tinubu should add 3,000 increase to the minimum wage.
33k is not bad for the average sophisticated person.
Ewa agoyin with bread N150
Ewedu and amala N200
Agege bread and pure water N70
Total spending for a day N420

33k is a good enough minimum wage for CORNtree people

Don't mind the fuuls!!😤.
They think that government will just agree even you ask for 31k as minimum wage.
If you want to land at the treetop, you aim for the stars.
Oponus think it's still politics when whatever minimum wage is NATIONAL and NON-PARTISAN.

UNAMIKÓTS who play politics with their own lives.
Re: Joe Ajaero: FG’s 35% Pay Rise Mischievous — Living Wage Should Be N615k by tosinet(m): 4:23pm On May 01
I'm an advocate of citizens' taking on some responsibilities and this reflect in the wages being earned across the cadres.

The figures posted by NLC president though bloated in some aspects, should be considered along the line of responsibilities of a working citizen.
The government are the ones paying for many things and subsidizing which is no longer effective as such system is out of date.

Responsibilities such as Transportation/Fueling, electricity bill, medical insurance, waste management bill, Road tolls, Security bills, feeding, schooling, etc. should be factored in when talking about wages.
These responsibilities being transferred to wage earners will encourage more accountability, transparency and inclusiveness in governance as everybody is involved.

There's no way the government at the centre can face the fixing of the nation alone especially with our large population and diversities. Even govt at state level can not fix micro challenges in their state, everyone must be involved to achieve that.
Re: Joe Ajaero: FG’s 35% Pay Rise Mischievous — Living Wage Should Be N615k by HisXLNC1: 4:32pm On May 01
SensualMan:
I personally think Tinubu should add 3,000 increase to the minimum wage.
33k is not bad for the average sophisticated person.
Ewa agoyin with bread N150
Ewedu and amala N200
Agege bread and pure water N70
Total spending for a day N420

33k is a good enough minimum wage for CORNtree people
I like your sarcasm.
Re: Joe Ajaero: FG’s 35% Pay Rise Mischievous — Living Wage Should Be N615k by ambale(m): 4:35pm On May 01
oluwaseyi0:

Nobody earns that minimum wage, it's for level one step one, even primary school holders start from level four or so

Remember the president promised a living wage

What can 70k do for a family of 2 in this economy?

And extended families will still be expecting him to drop something also
Re: Joe Ajaero: FG’s 35% Pay Rise Mischievous — Living Wage Should Be N615k by Gaddafih001(m): 4:36pm On May 01
Hoelujohn:

The government can pay 200k by downsizing by about 30% of it's bloated workforce
Na you dem go pursue to pay another?
Re: Joe Ajaero: FG’s 35% Pay Rise Mischievous — Living Wage Should Be N615k by Kekenary: 4:58pm On May 01
A lot will choke you for this statement.
Houseontherock1:
Sometimes I wonder how people get money to LIVE in Nigeria! What Ajaero's team put out there is very apt, but these guys can't pay it, even if they have it. Hence, what is more important here is for the government to work on the economy so that whatever they pay as minimum wage will be a living wage
Re: Joe Ajaero: FG’s 35% Pay Rise Mischievous — Living Wage Should Be N615k by Hoelujohn: 5:00pm On May 01
victorsola:
so they increase the unemployment rate again , it will go back to square one. Brain dey run from most of una
I know someone that goes to office just like twice a month yet collecting salary. Do you think such such person should still be retained?
Re: Joe Ajaero: FG’s 35% Pay Rise Mischievous — Living Wage Should Be N615k by Bluntemperor: 5:03pm On May 01
NIGERIANS Demand For Living Wages, President Tinubu:
Why one do not agree with FG announcement of 35% increase on Wages and Salaries as inadequate,for Nigerian Workers,for it would have been better with 40 or 45% but I do not share the NLC saying- 600k as ideal because it shows our NLC Leaders are not in economic reality and cannot manage a Complex economic situation in a Complex State like ours?
If any of the NLC leader has a Company,is that what they will be paying the Workers+ the Allowances?
•Don't NLC Leaders know that the base of any Economic or Rewards or Rent -to any Workers ( Private or Public) will be what the government set now ?
• Would the Govt go back in the next 3 or 4- years for another Negotiation Round-Table since the Fundamentals of the Rise in Consumer Goods like-Garri,Beans, Groundnuts Oils,Rice Production is yet to be resolved?
•President Tinubu should be bold enough ( without playing Politics with the Productions Sectors,as fixing that is the basis of our Economic Development!
If you can easily removed the Fuel Subsidies,which is the Life-Line to everything in Nigeria-then:
• Provide Nigerians Masses with-
* Basic Family Needs- Food from Agricultural Produce- Rice, Chickens,Eggs- ( a crate now is 4k - it used to be 2k)
Garri( why is Garri expensive)?
•Is Garri also on Dollars? Nonsense!
*Employments for Young Nigerians!
*How many People have been Employed for over 1- year since you came to Power now?
*How many Projects have been Completed,for over one year now?
• With ALL the Budgets Approved to all the MDAs( including NNPC,Min of Poverty Allocation,etc,- what have been Spent and what are the Results - for example
- in Ministry of Agriculture.- what have they Contributed?
- Min of Industry.
- Min of Solid Minerals.
- Min of Min of Aviation.
- Min of Steel Industry
- Min of Power,etc?
•What have the National Assembly Members Contributions to Nigeria Development on yearly basis?
-How many Oversights Functions have they Performed this year, on their respective Areas Allocated?
• Without Power Sector- moving ALL OTHERS SECTORS -forward - no magic can fix Nigeria- as COUNTRIES of the World -don't depend on Generators to run Industilisation or Industries!
Thank God- that was what Ghana Fixed first!
• Would the Presidency fix 35% Increase for Retirees - who can't feed on the Paltry Monthly Payments - for Food, Drugs due to sickness,etc?
• Why should the President gave the NBillions to Governors - who have failed the People,as the Masses are suffering?
Those who should have been Fired for Poor Performance and Corruption -are roaming about this Govt and in not good for the government image!
The bulk of the blame will stop at the President table!
Re: Joe Ajaero: FG’s 35% Pay Rise Mischievous — Living Wage Should Be N615k by loyaltygame(m): 5:04pm On May 01
oluwaseyi0:

Don't say what you don't know.
Some staff with primary school start with Level 2 step 1 in most civil services.

Much Talked About Onitsha Mosque Demolished! / Navy Rescues Hijacked British Vessel, ‘MT VECTIS OSPREY’ Picture / UK Appeals To Nigeria To Abolish Death Penalty

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57