Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,405 members, 7,864,792 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 06:56 AM

Joe Ajaero: FG’s 35% Pay Rise Mischievous — Living Wage Should Be N615k - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Joe Ajaero: FG’s 35% Pay Rise Mischievous — Living Wage Should Be N615k (17260 Views)

May Day: NLC Rejects 35% Pay Rise, Insists On Living Wage / Joe Ajaero To Residents: Stock Up Your House, Imo Will Be On Indefinite Lockdow / "Minimum Wage Should Vary From State To State" - Peter Obi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Joe Ajaero: FG’s 35% Pay Rise Mischievous — Living Wage Should Be N615k by alimiadedayo1: 5:31pm On May 01
SoNature:
Joe Ajaero isn't being reasonable. If Nigeria starts paying workers what he wants, it means that government will even borrow money to pay salaries while everything else is abandoned.

The biggest illusion we have in this country is to think that Nigeria is a rich country. I don't know how a country that budgets less than $50 billion for one year for 220 million people is rich. To date, I don't know what we are doing with two legislative houses.

Anyways, NLC and TUC should ask for something that is sustainable. Those who earn less than 100k should get 100% pay raise and those who earn more than 100% should get 50% pay raise.
so to you Nigeria is not rich? you sound unintelligently wicked and callous..In a country where one person embezzled 1 billion dollar, you said we are not rich
Re: Joe Ajaero: FG’s 35% Pay Rise Mischievous — Living Wage Should Be N615k by SoNature(m): 5:33pm On May 01
alimiadedayo1:

so to you Nigeria is not rich? you sound unintelligently wicked and callous..In a country where one person embezzled 1 billion dollar, you said we are not rich

Who embezzled one billion dollars?

How much does Nigeria have in savings again?

You people call money as if there's a place it is picked by the roadside. 😂😂😂😂
Re: Joe Ajaero: FG’s 35% Pay Rise Mischievous — Living Wage Should Be N615k by walezy14(m): 5:41pm On May 01
Labour Union calculation is not feasible. Come up with a reasonable wage limit. I foresee between 75k to 130k as minimum wage
Re: Joe Ajaero: FG’s 35% Pay Rise Mischievous — Living Wage Should Be N615k by Ten06(m): 7:15pm On May 01
Increased petrol price by 300%

Increased electricity tarrif by 300%

Increased custom duties by 300%

Increased student fees by 300%

Increased inflation rate to 33%

Increased food price by 300%

Then turn around to increase the salary of workers by only 25%🙄

What is the definition of witchcraft again?
Re: Joe Ajaero: FG’s 35% Pay Rise Mischievous — Living Wage Should Be N615k by Kobojunkie: 7:30pm On May 01
ambale:
Remember the president promised a living wage. What can 70k do for a family of 2 in this economy?
And extended families will still be expecting him to drop something also
Why is the government responsible for paying you for your choice of a family of 2 abeg? undecided
Re: Joe Ajaero: FG’s 35% Pay Rise Mischievous — Living Wage Should Be N615k by Bolamoney15: 7:39pm On May 01
[though I agree with you a bit but I think the man is making sense on this particular matter )
This man need to resign and fully join Politics instead

He is not a Good Labour Leader [/quote]
Re: Joe Ajaero: FG’s 35% Pay Rise Mischievous — Living Wage Should Be N615k by bixton(m): 7:53pm On May 01
I can see that NL is filled with miscreants for calling the NLC derogatory names but you can come online and say electricity in Nigeria is cheap compared to the USA.
Re: Joe Ajaero: FG’s 35% Pay Rise Mischievous — Living Wage Should Be N615k by 2023Blessed: 8:05pm On May 01
oluwaseyi0:
Labour is making the government think this is a joke

Nothing above 70k minimum age will be easily enforceable

Nobody earns that minimum wage, it's for level one step one, even primary school holders start from level four or so
SSCE is level 4. Stop displaying ignorance on a public forum.
Re: Joe Ajaero: FG’s 35% Pay Rise Mischievous — Living Wage Should Be N615k by 2023Blessed: 8:07pm On May 01
Tajbol4splend:
To be honest, what work is a sweeper doing to collect 615k per month considering our economy in Nigeria
My only prayer is that you will never own a business of your own with this wicked mentality of yours because you will never treat your employees right or with the dignity they deserve. A sweeper deservers better than your lawmakers, some of which have never sponsored a single bill since assuming office. People like you think you are superior to a sweeper because you were privileged to acquire half-baked education. You are a clown!
Re: Joe Ajaero: FG’s 35% Pay Rise Mischievous — Living Wage Should Be N615k by ambale(m): 8:40pm On May 01
Kobojunkie:
Why is the government responsible for paying you for your choice of a family of 2 abeg? undecided

Is this one mad, no be government go pay their workers?

So make workers no get family because government no fit pay

Stop disgracing your lineage here now

1 Like

Re: Joe Ajaero: FG’s 35% Pay Rise Mischievous — Living Wage Should Be N615k by Kobojunkie: 8:53pm On May 01
ambale:
■ Is this one mad, no be government go pay their workers? So make workers no get family because government no fit pay. Stop disgracing your lineage here now
My lineage is not what is the problem here but your ability to reason. These folks are agitating for an increase in the minimum wage for all, are they not? The choice to have a family is yours to make, and not one for you to saddle the company you wish to work for. So, why does your family size matter as far as the computing of minimum wage for all workers out there? Maybe you should take a look at how other countries go about handling the issue of minimum wage to better understand what it is from what it isn't https://www.dol.gov/agencies/whd/minimum-wage
Re: Joe Ajaero: FG’s 35% Pay Rise Mischievous — Living Wage Should Be N615k by ambale(m): 9:05pm On May 01
Kobojunkie:
My lineage is not what is the problem here but your ability to reason. These folks are agitating for an increase in the minimum wage for all, are they not? The choice to have a family is yours to make, and not one for you to saddle the company you wish to work for. So, why does your family size matter as far as the computing of minimum wage for all workers out there? Maybe you should take a look at how other countries go about handling the issue of minimum wage to better understand what it is from what it isn't https://www.dol.gov/agencies/whd/minimum-wage

Wetin you dey talk now man?

The president promised the govt workers a living wage, so are you saying 70k is the living wage?

Being an agbadorian na suicidal job ooo😂
Re: Joe Ajaero: FG’s 35% Pay Rise Mischievous — Living Wage Should Be N615k by Kobojunkie: 9:11pm On May 01
ambale:
■ Wetin you dey talk now man? The president promised the govt workers a living wage, so are you saying 70k is the living wage? Being an agbadorian na suicidal job ooo😂
You don't seem to be paying attention to the debate at all is the problem here.
bennybuhari:
Speaking on Wednesday during an interview on Sunrise Daily, a Channels Television programme, Ajaero said the last minimum wage of N30,000 expired on April 18.
“We should be in the regime of new minimum wage as of today. Discussions were supposed to have been concluded,” Ajaero said.
“The federal government through the national assembly legislated on it. But we saw that the discussion entered voice mail because the federal government refused to reconvene the meeting that was adjourned.
“I think the announcement now appears mischievous because there is no wage increase that the government is announcing. For them to announce it now, is an issue that we are worried about at the NLC and even at the TUC.”
Again, go back through the following link to get a better idea of what minimum wage is all about and how the additional benefits one could agitate for, probably based on such criteria as grade level or the lot ought not to be a part of this discussion.

https://www.dol.gov/general/topic/wages/minimumwage

P.S. Throwing insults my way only serves to expose the emptiness of the tin can you call a brain. lipsrsealed
Re: Joe Ajaero: FG’s 35% Pay Rise Mischievous — Living Wage Should Be N615k by ambale(m): 6:33am On May 02
Kobojunkie:
You don't seem to be paying attention to the debate at all is the problem here. Again, go back through the following link to get a better idea of what minimum wage is all about and how the additional benefits one could agitate for, probably based on such criteria as grade level or the lot ought not to be a part of this discussion.

https://www.dol.gov/general/topic/wages/minimumwage

P.S. Throwing insults my way only serves to expose the emptiness of the tin can you call a brain. lipsrsealed

I'm sure you don't hold this argument in real life Sha

Cos the more vibrant agbadorians wey even dey lead squad for Bulaba don calm down

Your man promised the workers a living wage Yes or Yes?😂

He said he would not give them a minimum wage but a living wage

Now is 70k a living wage in the present day Nigeria?

And mind you I don't argue with people that have confined themselves to be fool
Re: Joe Ajaero: FG’s 35% Pay Rise Mischievous — Living Wage Should Be N615k by Procashtips(m): 7:28am On May 02
ambale:

I'm sure you don't hold this argument in real life Sha

Cos the more vibrant agbadorians wey even dey lead squad for Bulaba don calm down

Your man promised the workers a living wage Yes or Yes?😂

He said he would not give them a minimum wage but a living wage

Now is 70k a living wage in the present day Nigeria?

And mind you I don't argue with people that have confined themselves to be fool

Is FG paying ₦70k as minimum wage or where did you get this figure from?
Re: Joe Ajaero: FG’s 35% Pay Rise Mischievous — Living Wage Should Be N615k by ambale(m): 7:58am On May 02
Procashtips:

Is FG paying ₦70k as minimum wage or where did you get this figure from?

Did you follow the argument? Someone said minimum wage cannot exceed 70k

And I asked is that the living wage promised by the president?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Rapper Lil Wayne Hiv Positive? Check This Out! / Rivers Crisis: Call Wike To Order, Clark Writes Tinubu / PDP Calls For The Cancellation Of Election Results In Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.