Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,785 members, 7,810,046 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:19 PM

The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread - Car Talk (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread (209833 Views)

Comparing Some Honda, Toyota, Nissan And Volkswagen Cars / Is The Audi A6 A Good Car To Buy? / Sienas Help And Advice To Eternal05 On The Audi A6 2001 Model. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (58) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by aitoehigie: 6:35am On Jul 13, 2013
gmyguy: Volkswagen spare-parts shop at Itire. you'll get some cost effective repairs done there
that's true, but for your repairs make sure you are referred to a competent auto mech as there are lots of scammers there masquerading as mechs. Talking from experience.
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by aitoehigie: 2:17pm On Jul 14, 2013
Hello Mr Siena. You still haven't replied my question about the over heating problem in my Audi a6. Also can u purchase or recommend a good vagcom car scanner for my car? Thanks
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by aitoehigie: 5:46am On Jul 16, 2013
Help sir. Mr Siena can you please answer my question?
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by cjeriia: 9:25pm On Jul 31, 2013
Dear Siena
i read wit rapt attention all the wonderful advice you gave to members on dis thread with respect to issues they brought to ur notice concerning dia different makes of Audi. kindly permit me to use dis opportunity to tap in2 ur reservoir of knowledge. i also drive an Audi which i am scared to take to a repairshop cos of d persistent lack of knowledge concerning Audi/VW products abound. will post details of d vehicle and its problems shortly
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by cjeriia: 10:28pm On Jul 31, 2013
Make: Audi
Model: A6 All Road Quattro
Engine Size: 2.7litres, 6Cylinders
Transmission Type: 5- Speed Tiptronic
Model Year: 2004
Spec: America
Drive Configuration: Permanent AWD

Details of Issues
1. Gear shift indicator on (PRNDS) all illuminated
2. Car has excessive bounce even over moderate bumps
3. clicking noise from front wheel. pronounced when turning corners
4. Check (malfunction indicator lamp) permanently displaped on dashboard

1 Like

Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by cjeriia: 10:45pm On Jul 31, 2013
5.self leveling suspension indicator permanently displayed on dashboard
6.Ride height adjustment(4 level air suspension) stopped working for a while now. As a result, d vehicle becomes 2 low for some bad spots thus making d underbelly hit d floor sometimes.
7.Dash board display not optimal(only d PRNDS displays when vehicle is on)
8.Trafficator light flasher hangs intermittently.

These are theb high points of d issues I have with ma vehicle. All d above I chronicled where working perfectly till I took d car for an engine wash. I just hope ur advice'll help me restore sanity 2 d vehicle bearing in mind I love d car a lot. Pls not dat d dash board shows OK wheneva d ignition is put on & d vehicle is ready 2 b taken on a run. Find attached a pix of d car

Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Nobody: 12:17am On Aug 01, 2013
^^^ Noted. I'll respond to this later in the day. It's 00:16 hrs, and I've got a car to pick up later, so it'll be evening before I get a chance to go through this.

Just so you know I haven't forgotten.
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by cjeriia: 6:33am On Aug 01, 2013
ok man. thanx 4 ur kind consideration. i will await ur reply @ SIENA
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by cjeriia: 7:22am On Aug 04, 2013
dear siena
regrettably i have not heard from u since. i guess u must be tied down by work. kindly find time 2 attend 2 ma vehicle complaint pplllssssss...
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by itsmayiela(m): 12:58pm On Aug 04, 2013
@Siena,
pls strongly consider opening up of a VW/Audi workshop in naija. Preferably, in the outskirts of Lagos or Ogun state (or even in Oyo or Edo state).

Ur online and free-of-charge assistance is highly appreciated but we still can't find auto mechanics that can administer ur prescriptions.

Thanks a lot, ur reward will start frm this world
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by itsmayiela(m): 8:09am On Aug 05, 2013
Oga Siena,
i use a manual tranny 1996 golf 3, 1.6 and i am facing dis challenge:
(a) Temperature is always midway at 90 degrees even at highways and on aircon.
(b) Temperature bgins to rise steadily if i run into any slow traffic or i drive in a crooked, bumpy and untarred road (at low gear).
(c) I have never changed the coolant because of my inability to get G12 and hence i have diluted the exixting mixture with water.
(d) Thermostat must have been disconnected but does it really matter? Afterall it's just a golf 3 and moves fine except for the rising temp immediately i approach a traffic hold up.

Pls, how do i go about tackling this issue? Do i need a radiator wash? Do i need to fill the radiator with any off-the-shelf coolant? Do i need to reconnect d thermostat? Is it a problem caused by my recent changing of spark plugs?
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Nobody: 1:23pm On Aug 06, 2013
@Siena
Pls I have issue in my golf3.
When I'm on a high way and I'm trying to overtake a car, pushing my pedal doesn't realy affect d movement of d car. Seems as if d car is drawing back instead. I'm using an electric caburator. Is it that my caburator is bad or something.
Pls what could be d cause of this.
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Nobody: 4:05pm On Aug 06, 2013
i like my 96 jetta a lot. had some issues with my fuel injector last month, and got ripped off about a 100k+ converting the engine to an electronic carburetor...well, felt bad being ripped off...and the engine doesn't look as nice as it did with the injector, but hey...at least she still runs fast

Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by batista73: 11:46am On Aug 11, 2013
@ siena

Pls I have a 2008 volkswagen passat fsi. Changing from 1 to 2 and returning back always gives a huge thud before changing. What is responsible? I have been asked to change the gear oil, done that. Still the same thing now its also occurring slightly from 5 to 6. What do I do? And if I have to change the gear box. Can you help?
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Nobody: 12:06pm On Aug 11, 2013
batista73: @ siena

Pls I have a 2008 volkswagen passat fsi. Changing from 1 to 2 and returning back always gives a huge thud before changing. What is responsible? I have been asked to change the gear oil, done that. Still the same thing now its also occurring slightly from 5 to 6. What do I do? And if I have to change the gear box. Can you help?

The transmission in your car is way too young to require replacement. Before it was replaced, did your mechanic scan the drivetrain for fault codes? Because so far, I haven't come across transmission failure, not to the point of requiring replacement. N93 valve issues, due to neglected fluid and filter changes, but not dead transmission.

N93 failure will result in harsh and sometimes delayed shifts. I would be looking at this. N93 valve is integral with the valve body. I can supply a brand new valve body. Replacement does NOT require transmission removal.

Get it scanned, and report back here with fault codes, and we'll take things from there.
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Nobody: 1:55pm On Aug 11, 2013
Joofirst: @Siena
Pls I have issue in my golf3.
When I'm on a high way and I'm trying to overtake a car, pushing my pedal doesn't realy affect d movement of d car. Seems as if d car is drawing back instead. I'm using an electric caburator. Is it that my caburator is bad or something.
Pls what could be d cause of this.

I would have it scanned, and report any fault codes here. I wouldn't like to hazard a guess, though I have an idea what's wrong. Cars were made OBD compliant to remove the "guess" factor. Why not use it?
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by batista73: 2:36pm On Aug 11, 2013
Siena:

The transmission in your car is way too young to require replacement. Before it was replaced, did your mechanic scan the drivetrain for fault codes? Because so far, I haven't come across transmission failure, not to the point of requiring replacement. N93 valve issues, due to neglected fluid and filter changes, but not dead transmission.

N93 failure will result in harsh and sometimes delayed shifts. I would be looking at this. N93 valve is integral with the valve body. I can supply a brand new valve body. Replacement does NOT require transmission removal.

Get it scanned, and report back here with fault codes, and we'll take things from there.

Thanks @siena
A scan done last week didnt come up with any codes or errors. But my mechanic actually talked about changing the valve body, however he said it would be difficult to get. Please what would it cost to get a new valve body. I would appreciate this if you could help me. My email is chukwuanugo73@yahoo.com. thanks
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Nobody: 8:02pm On Aug 11, 2013
batista73:

Thanks @siena
A scan done last week didnt come up with any codes or errors. But my mechanic actually talked about changing the valve body, however he said it would be difficult to get. Please what would it cost to get a new valve body. I would appreciate this if you could help me. My email is chukwuanugo73@yahoo.com. thanks

I shipped a 2007 VW Jetta 2.5 valve body to Nigeria back in May, for a lady member on here (she'll probably chip in if she sees this). I'll shoot you an email.
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Nobody: 8:31pm On Aug 11, 2013
Siena:

I shipped a 2007 VW Jetta 2.5 valve body to Nigeria back in May, for a lady member on here (she'll probably chip in if she sees this). I'll shoot you an email.
hello sir, I have been trying to reach you via email and bbm but you have not replied any. Please reply as the issue at hand is kind of urgent and I do not want to venture into a business I do not properly understand.
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Nobody: 1:11am On Aug 12, 2013
blink182: hello sir, I have been trying to reach you via email and bbm but you have not replied any. Please reply as the issue at hand is kind of urgent and I do not want to venture into a business I do not properly understand.

What was the subject of your email sir? I'll check my inbox and antispam folder.
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by aitoehigie: 1:55am On Aug 12, 2013
Siena:

What was the subject of your email sir? I'll check my inbox and antispam folder.
Kindly check for mine too sir
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Nobody: 6:45am On Aug 12, 2013
Siena:

the subject of my mail is 'miguo sir'
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by SUNDAYPAUL: 8:17am On Aug 12, 2013
hello Bros,my Golf4 2004 model has this problem of Engine idles lumpy (misfire evident)which just started some days ago and also the gear make a movement from R to D in which others are working very fine and i notice some alert showing on the dash board but not in english please help.

01) Golf 4
02) Hatchback
03) 1.6
04 5-Speed
05) 2004
06) US
07) Permanent AWD
my mail is paulmacjonathan@gmail.com
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by cjeriia: 1:56pm On Aug 12, 2013
@ siena
Saw ur nu posts so am guessing u're done wit moving house. Can u please look @ ma car issues again and c wat advice u gat for me. Been waiting on u all this while but planning 2 take d car 4 a scan 2moro.

Cjeriia
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Nobody: 5:50pm On Aug 14, 2013
Siena:

Hello Mr Siena...noticed you are more intellectual on auto-issues...I finally put the keg on my 96 VW Jetta and want to move into low middle class, so my question is this, what brand would you recommend of these 4 choices...03-05 Accord, 04-06 Camry, 06 Altima( my younger bros just got this for a real good price and this is the reason am selling my jetta), 04/05 maxima...+ pros and cons. thank you for your anticipated response
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by donsegzi(m): 3:58am On Aug 17, 2013
Hi Mr. Siena, you're doing a wonderful job first by creating this thread and also by taking out time to reply every single query. May God bless you Sir.

I need help with my sister's car. Below are the details.

Make: Audi.
Model: A4 2.0
Year: 2002
Engine: 2.0 FSI, 4plugs inline.
Transmission: triptronic 5speed automatic
Front wheel drive
Europe.

Issues:
1. Knocking of rear of car over bumps and rough roads.
2. Car has excessive bounce generally on rough roads/bumps.
3. Clicking noise from front wheel when turning corners.
4. Aircon doesn't blow warm air, neither does it cool.
5. Airbag warning light on.
6. Remote key doesn't work
7. Central lock doesn't work
8. Electric window doesn't work
9. Horn doesn't work
10. Fuel gauge doesn't work.

So far the mechanic said the following items are bad and need replacement parts.
-Front suspension (pair)
-wheel shaft.
-Shock Absorb (front and rear) *Damper.
-Airbag switch.
-He also said the aircon only needs a gas refill.

Pls sir, what do you think about all these and what would you suggest that I do?
As always, Thanks boss.
Anticipate a favorable response from you.
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by cjeriia: 8:32am On Aug 18, 2013
dear Siena
i posted a list of d issues i currently have with ma car almost 3 wks back and waited 4 ur response 2 no avail. i called u like 2wice after dat. but am guessing u 4got. well i finally got the vehicle scanned on fri using an F3-w automotive vehicle scanner & it threw up a lot of errors in d engine and d level height adjustment unit. pls lemme have ur e mail add so dat i can post a list of all d error codes 2 u.
thanx 4 all d good work u've been doing on dis thread
cjeriia
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by batista73: 10:49am On Aug 19, 2013
blink182: hello sir, I have been trying to reach you via email and bbm but you have not replied any. Please reply as the issue at hand is kind of urgent and I do not want to venture into a business I do not properly understand.

@siena
Pls.still awaiting your mail for price of a new valve body or gear vox. Thanks.
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by davolisticdavo: 11:52am On Aug 28, 2013
Pls sir Mr Sienna
kindly help me out.

Make: Volkswagen
Model: Passat
Year: 2000
Engine: 1.8L Turbo
Transmission: Automatic
American Spec
Front Wheel drive

Issues
white smelling smoke
High fuel consumption
Check engine light on
abs on
EPC on
i Scanned and this were the codes i got
1) code P0118 Engine coolant temperature sensor circuit high
2) Code P1287 Turbocharger bypass valve open
3) code P0102 Mass or volume air flow 'A' circuit low
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Digriz(m): 11:33am On Aug 29, 2013
@sienna i recently bought a 1996 model golf 3,1.6ltr engine and Auto Drive. Pls i couldnt read the manual because it was written in deutsch
I need ur help on how to be maintain the car to avoid having problems wt it.
1.The right engine oil to use and wen to change the oil.
2.The Best ATF to use in order to keep the transmission working perfectly.
3.I wnt to knw if 1.6ltr engine is Okay for golf 3 Auto.
Thanks
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by itsmayiela(m): 1:28pm On Aug 30, 2013
@Digriz, i can send u a copy of the manual at a relatively cost if u so wish. Send me ur email and small recharge card to get data on my modem and u will get it in 1hr
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by pierrenwob: 7:05pm On Sep 03, 2013
Hello Mr Sienna,

I have an Audi A6 with the following symptoms.

Auto transmission doesn't change gear, stays in one gear. Gear shift indicator on dash (PRNDS, PRND etc) all illuminated. And on few occasions, it does not move when I put it on reverse.

Kindly advise. Is it something you can fix or do you know anyone that can help.

01) Make. Audi
02) Model. A6
03) Engine size. 2.4 BDV
04) Transmission type. Auto - Multi-tronic gear box
05) Model year. 2002 saloon
06) Spec (Euro or US). Europe
07) Drive configuration.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (58) (Reply)

What Causes A Car To Start Consuming Fuel Excessively / Help.my Honda Crv Drive "d" Indicator Light Blinks (Now solved) / BMW Owners' Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.