Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,317 members, 7,815,605 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:11 PM

Tinubu Calls For Sovereign National Conference - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Calls For Sovereign National Conference (6786 Views)

Tinubu Calls For Revolution / Tinubu Calls For The Abolition Of The Senate / No Need For Sovereign National Conference – Gej (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Calls For Sovereign National Conference by tunyus(m): 4:31pm On Nov 25, 2011
slap1:

Only in Naija! Tinubu calling for a SNC when he should be serving his fatherland in prison.
only in Nigeria will a criminal be calling for SNC
maybe he was calling his fellow his fellow drug dealers, tsew
shameless pple
Re: Tinubu Calls For Sovereign National Conference by abbey621(m): 5:21pm On Nov 25, 2011
Truly a Sovereign National Conference is the only realistic solution to Nigeria's problems. There's too much diversity and religious contradictions among the Nigerian people and we cannot sustain a country filled with so many negative factors, Tinubu has every right to call for SNC, as a leader sometimes the things you see are far beyond the thinking capabilities of the public, who would rather continue to suffer in silence till the end of time,
Re: Tinubu Calls For Sovereign National Conference by vascey(m): 5:38pm On Nov 25, 2011
Sorry guys! SNC won't and can't work any more.
Who will represent who?? Is it the same politicians that would sell out their people or even sell the country to the highest bidder if they can??
The masses have been short-changed long enough. We either represent ourselves or seal our buccal cavities.
It's either Naija Spring/Harmattan or nothing. undecided undecided lipsrsealed
Re: Tinubu Calls For Sovereign National Conference by Delible(m): 6:05pm On Nov 25, 2011
it is okay to call for Sovereign National Conference. When the guy (tinubu) don harmer his own share of the loot. Smart one
Re: Tinubu Calls For Sovereign National Conference by Furst: 10:00pm On Nov 25, 2011
That time has come comrades. Not a time to complain, not a time to whine. This is a time to take action. I believe we are all made for more than a mediocre existence. I do not believe in suffering and smiling. I believe in u and me, I believe in the power of our collective efforts. I believe that together we can make a difference. We must give our children something better! If u've ever wanted to be President, If u've ever wanted to be a governor, If u've ever wanted to be minister or a commissioner, If all you've ever wanted is a Nigeria you can truly be proud of, then your time has come! We must act now before our home is ruined completely!
Get up my friends! The time is NOW!!!

With everyone's help, we can build a movement for change. A voice that will be heard. It all begins with you. Add ten friends today, lets grow, lets make our voice louder. We need 2500 members to hold our first rally. It begins wit the friend u add.

Rise Comrades! Our destiny is in our hands. Lets take it!

U and me are meant for something more, something extraordinary, something GREAT!

Facebook Group name: Naija activists
URL: http://www./9jactivists/

Re: Tinubu Calls For Sovereign National Conference by mogeo: 12:07am On Nov 26, 2011
sad it was coming from him but that is the way to go if we would ever move forward, enough of forcing pple to leave to gether so they can be slaughtered pre maturely for suya angry
and believe you me the BOKO Haram rampage, fuel subsidy removal and re intoduction of toll gate are all going to be the needed fuel to split the gari
Re: Tinubu Calls For Sovereign National Conference by volasunkan: 12:55am On Nov 26, 2011
ibo's famed but jaundiced envy of awo had been transferred to Tinubu,maybe they are scared of another civil war with a Tinubu alive!

How does a genuine call for a discussion by nigerians for nigerians amount to treason or attract name-calling?they dont like the messenger so they go for the messenger.Losers!

It is only on nairaland that you see people who can not spell 'illiterates' call another person illiterate.People with let-my-people-go grades castigating a 3.54 out of 4 gpa .
[b]It is only on nairaland people will compare Tinubu who came out of University with 3.54,head hunted by the best business organisations in the world,whose wife is a serving senator of FGN, walking free in lagosafter 8years in governors office and half a decade after leaving office of meritorious service that earned his party more governorships seats and political endorsements with a James Ibori,who came out of ordinary uniben(not even a first generation university in Nigeria) with 3rd class,has been a contractor,supermarket staff,military apologist and serial ex-convict all his life and currently serving Delta state in a british gulag with co-prison mates that include his wife,sister,mistress,lawyer and maybe very soon,his cousin uduaghan,who cannot walk the street of Chief Clark let alone the street of Asaba,whose successor is nothing but a political misadventure.Listen to what Olorogun Michael Ibru told his wife Cecilia Ibru about Ibori"that boy is a criminal,dont ever get yourself in business with him"That Cecilia eventually landed in jail and Michael ibru's advice is a true description of Ibori says it all.[/b] To ibori apologists,Listen to what the Nigerian Judge that sent him to prison said about Ibori'this is the man I convicted,there is no other James Onanefe Ibori".That he became a governor and celebrated on nairaland with a dubious attempt to compare him to Tinubu is the height of mischief.The Yorubas are smarter,Tinubu,love him or hate him,he is the smartest living political Tactician in Nigeria.You dont like it,you must be a never do well.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Calls For Sovereign National Conference by lumideezle(m): 1:25am On Nov 26, 2011
I support this SNC cuz nigeria has a lot of fundamental questions to answer

What makes Hausa Igbo And Yorubas the 3 major ethinic groups when we have over 120 ethnic groups?

why would a member of the house of Assembly collect 12million naira per month basic salary and we find it hard to pay poor civil servants minimum wage of 18k?

these are just some basic questions we need 2 ask our selves in this country called Nigeria and decide if we really want to stay as 1 country.
Corruption has been inscribed into the foundation of the country i mean legalized corruption and a SNC is the only way we can remove it and start afresh if not we would continue to have groups like Boko Haram, MEND etc you dont cure a disease by attacking the symptoms u attack the cause!!
Re: Tinubu Calls For Sovereign National Conference by Ilekokonit: 8:27pm On Nov 26, 2011
Represented by Ekiti State Deputy Governor Mrs Funmi Olayinka, Tinubu said ?? , 

Here in lies part of our problem in Nigeria :- former leaders don't know when to take a back seat.

What is the[b] serving [/b]Ekiti State Deputy Governor doing representing a former governor ??

Is that what the Ekiti people voted for ?

For her to be representing a[b] former[/b] Governor

How about concentrating on and representing her current [/b]starving constituents

Accepted, Tinubu is the leader of her political party [b]but he has served his tenure and he is no longer in "voted power"

Could you imagine a situation where a current Deputy Governor in America is delegated to go and represent Bill Clinton at a function or a situation where a currently serving British politician abandons her pressing state duties and instead goes to represent Margaret Thatcher at a function??

How blatantly ridiculous our politics in Nigeria is.

In civilised democracies, once a political leaders time is up, they gracefully step out of the limelight and give others a turn to shine.

No, not in Nigeria where (anything goes) and past political office holders have held our political system hostage by the jugular all because of their unchallenged and unabated lootocracy while they were in power.

These Vagabonds in Power have changed the expectations of Nigerians and in the process have battered our collective psyche and sense of outrage into the floor.

We are their hostages and they are worse than dictators.

But for how long will this continue ?
Re: Tinubu Calls For Sovereign National Conference by djustice: 1:54am On Nov 27, 2011
This is the same Tinubu whose houseboy, Fashola, deported fellow Nigerians from Lagos State, on his express orders

Of course, he's only doing this because of the wahala he has found himself in with indigenous Lagosians, especially those in ACN, lately. Then there's the question of his wife.

He conveniently forgot this issue of unity when he sent his wife and his dog in the senate, Ashafa, to question the eligibility of Roli George to hold a federal appointment on the Lagos slot.

He also forgot the question of competence when he ordered the same people to roll over for the clearly incompetent Aganga at his confirmation hearing in the same senate a couple of months ago. This is the Aganga that couldn't balance the budget, gave us a budget with 74% recurrent expenditure.

Yekini Amoda Ogunlere, aka Bola Tinubu is just trying to be clever by half, seeing as he wants to use Aganaga, who is clearly another of his moles in PDP, as one of his options for Lagos State governor in 2015. The other options are his wife and Hakeem Muri-Okunola. All are non Lagosians. In Aganga's case, he NEVER actually schooled or lived in Lagos. Was not even born here. Tinubu's statement is just self-serving hypocrisy.
Re: Tinubu Calls For Sovereign National Conference by Uchek(m): 8:20am On Nov 27, 2011
Volasunkan: How can Ibos be scared on Tinubu. Tinubu is correct in advocating for Sovereign National Conference because we need to discuss the basis of our existense as one Nigeria.

If Tinubu is calling for Sovereign National Conference in 2011, that means that Ojukwu was wiser and ahead of his time and contemporaries because Nigeria had a SNC over 40 years ago: ABURI ACCORD which Gowon rejected with the solid support of a lot of Nigerians who fought against ABURI ACCORD and Biafra but today are calling for the ideals contained in ABURI ACCORD.

So how can the IBOS be scared of Tinubu or Awolowo?

Please educate me.
Re: Tinubu Calls For Sovereign National Conference by idifu(m): 4:12pm On Nov 28, 2011
wat does tinubu know abt democracysad? it is only dose dat are democractic, shld be talking abt SNC n not a dictator lyk tinubu dat has milked Lagos state dry
Re: Tinubu Calls For Sovereign National Conference by bashr8: 1:47am On Nov 29, 2011
Uchek:

Volasunkan: How can Ibos be scared on Tinubu. Tinubu is correct in advocating for Sovereign National Conference because we need to discuss the basis of our existense as one Nigeria.

If Tinubu is calling for Sovereign National Conference in 2011, that means that Ojukwu was wiser and ahead of his time and contemporaries because Nigeria had a SNC over 40 years ago: ABURI ACCORD which Gowon rejected with the solid support of a lot of Nigerians who fought against ABURI ACCORD and Biafra but today are calling for the ideals contained in ABURI ACCORD.

So how can the IBOS be scared of Tinubu or Awolowo?

Please educate me.

i wonder why you bothered to reply that yoruba heediot.
Re: Tinubu Calls For Sovereign National Conference by CyberG: 3:27am On Nov 29, 2011
bashr8:

i wonder why you bothered to reply that yoruba heediot.

There you go firing another tribal salvo. . .yet if others descend on you, you will still complain, what is the matter with you? Has it occurred to you that Tinubu was 13 years old when all the sabre-rattling and hotheadedness that plunged the country into darkness started in January 1966? Well, you now pontificating were far from fertilized in the womb talk less of being born, yet you come here to pretend like you witnessed anything of what happened? Stop the tribalism because this will only destroy you and Nigeria even more!
Re: Tinubu Calls For Sovereign National Conference by bashr8: 4:53am On Nov 29, 2011
CyberG:

There you go firing another tribal salvo. . .yet if others descend on you, you will still complain, what is the matter with you? Has it occurred to you that Tinubu was 13 years old when all the sabre-rattling and hotheadedness that plunged the country into darkness started in January 1966? Well, you now pontificating were far from fertilized in the womb talk less of being born, yet you come here to pretend like you witnessed anything of what happened? Stop the tribalism because this will only destroy you and Nigeria even more!

stp running around throwing punches in the air, what exactly do you support, division,revolution,SNC, or remain status quo?
Re: Tinubu Calls For Sovereign National Conference by ola6: 11:29am On Oct 01, 2014
Isn't this man a hypocrite?

http://www.dailytimes.com.ng/opinion/tinubu-why-nigeria-cant-hold-national-confab-now

(1) (2) (Reply)

Keke Napep Banned On Major Edo Roads / 2019: I Am Not Desperate To Become President - Sule Lamido / Buhari's Younger Sister Celebrates Her 84yr Birthday, But Buhari Is 77yrs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.