Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,274 members, 7,839,368 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:46 PM

Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement (22594 Views)

Did Governor Wike Really Make This Statement? If He Did, It's Time To Order / If Barack Obama Make This Statement, He Will Be Impeached The Next Day!! / Press Statement By Buhari, GCFR, On The School Certificate Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by dayokanu(m): 6:45pm On Nov 29, 2011
Adekunle made that statement to let Ojuku know that this is no childs play. Its war and he would give it to him

Major Adekunle, 28-years old, General of the Nigerian troops on the South front sat enthroned behind the General’s desk of the Shell administration, which he had made into his main station when he took the Ibo-city by storm on May 18. Now he stated: "I am convinced you will report objectively and keep to our orders." We confirmed that.
"Okay," he beamed, "the Germans just know how war works. Tonight there is a front-party in my headquarters. You will come! An order is an order!"
This interview with the most important man in the Nigerian war took place at night. Whisky and beer were abundant, uniformed go-go girls played DJ, [size=18pt]Adekunle danced and petted his mascot, a small mountain goat named "Ojukwu[/size]".
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by HyeBits: 6:47pm On Nov 29, 2011
@ Bashr8, you mean how many men, women, children Ojukwu led to the world beyond. In his campaign of ill-prepared war. Planning to use men, women, children as shield. What a WARLORD WAR-RUN he is indeed.
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by sheyguy: 6:50pm On Nov 29, 2011
Adekunle did not do enough, he shuld av done same thing those 1966 ibo assasins did to his own pple.
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by bashr8: 6:51pm On Nov 29, 2011
Hye-Bits:

@ Bashr8, you mean how many men, women, children Ojukwu led to the world beyond. In his campaign of ill-prepared war. Planning to use men, women, children as shield. What a WARLORD WAR-RUN he is indeed.

no biafran army never had more than 50 thousand soldier throughout the war but nigerian side lost over 200 thousand soldiers so where is the bravery coming from?nigerian army of yesterday is still the nigerian army of today nothing has changed. meanwhile answer my question and leave all that for another topic, why did adekunle make hate speches against the igbos?
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by dayokanu(m): 6:53pm On Nov 29, 2011
^^ Because he hated the people who killed his uncle Ladoke Akintola in his house
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by bashr8: 6:54pm On Nov 29, 2011
sheyguy:

Adekunle did not do enough, he shuld av done same thing those 1966 ibo assasins did to his own pple.
interesting kleep it coming , i hope my igbo peeps are reading all this. for those calling for revolution hope your reading through this thread cause we will only repeat history when the revolution starts.
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by bashr8: 6:56pm On Nov 29, 2011
dayokanu:

^^ Because he hated the people who killed his uncle Ladoke Akintola in his house

ok one reasonable reply , you should have written this a long time ago, didnt know he was related to akintola, so who is going to revenge abiola, kutis death

1 Like

Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by ak47mann(m): 6:58pm On Nov 29, 2011
bashr8:

ok one reasonable reply , you should have written this a long time ago, didnt know he was related to akintola, so who is going to revenge abiola, kutis death
abiola ghost
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by HyeBits: 7:00pm On Nov 29, 2011
@Bashr8, these are the reasons Adekunle made this statement: Biafra Soldiers set its boots on his fatherland, killing helpless children, women, unarmed men, animals, vegetation and dreams. Desecrating his sisters and mothers. Because Ojukwu was too ambitious to want to go to the North through Lagos, Ondo and Benin. Is That Taken?
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by ak47mann(m): 7:04pm On Nov 29, 2011
Hye-Bits:

@Bashr8, these are the reasons Adekunle made this statement: Biafra Soldiers set its boots on his fatherland, killing helpless children, women, unarmed men, animals, vegetation and dreams. Desecrating his sisters and mothers. Because Ojukwu was too ambitious to want to go to the North through Lagos, Ondo and Benin. Is That Taken?
irrelevant this people can lie,tufikwa sad
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by dayokanu(m): 7:08pm On Nov 29, 2011
The Midwest Invasion of 1967: Lessons for Today's Geopolitics

Text of a keynote speech delivered at the Nigerian Independence Day Celebration sponsored by the Nigerian Women Association in Columbia, South Carolina on October 3, 1998 at the Holiday Inn Express, 773 St. Andrews Road, Columbia, SC 29210.

Outright molestation, harassment and killing of non-Ibo civilians occurred on a daily basis. At night "suspected saboteurs" were fished out of their homes and arrested. The Hausa community in the Lagos street area of Benin and other parts of the state were targeted for particularly savage treatment, in part a reprisal for the pogroms of 1966, but also out of security concerns that they would naturally harbor sympathies for the regime in Lagos. But non-Hausas were just as badly treated. And as the hostility of the local population became more intense, so did the degree of indiscrete brutality for "internal security". Non-Ibo alumni of St. Patrick's College, Asaba and Government College, Ughelli, found to their chagrin that old school ties meant nothing in the new dispensation (17).
Nowamagbe A. Omoigui, MD, MPH, FACC

http://www.dawodu.net/midwest.htm

Heroics of the angelic Biafran army

1 Like

Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by bashr8: 7:09pm On Nov 29, 2011
Hye-Bits:

theres no such account on that so far dayokanu made the most reasonable reply, banjo led tropps to midwest and it was declared benin then he headed to lagos to sack gowon and the occcupying northern troops whom the yorubas were complaining of  .read the events from the counter coup before making such posts. the only kistake i see from the hands of ojukwu is granting banjo his request for tropps to use and sack occupyin niorthern soldiers in yorubaland and release of awolowo from jail for treason.
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by Nobody: 7:11pm On Nov 29, 2011
@op. if actually you wanted an answer, it has already been answered.

The comment i read from page 2, isnt it worse than that of adenkunle?  that is human being for you! eg go to germany, there are still blood of hitler(hatered for blacks and jews) flowing in some and if opportunity comes they might do worse.same thing you can say here too, atleast some post is  my evidence

@ekt bear, it seem you are confused, the same north your hero adenkule fought for the same people you speak against in other threads. I promise you,adekunle wouldnt be proud likewise cos you look  embarassed
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by dayokanu(m): 7:16pm On Nov 29, 2011
WHAT WERE THE POLITICAL CONSEQUENCES OF THE MIDWEST INVASION?

First, it antagonized non-Ibo ethnic groups in the Midwest who became extremely hostile to Midwest Ibos (as well as some non-Ibo NCNC supporters who may have been privy to the invasion). They were regarded [at that time] as fifth columnists. This hostility lasted for many years, possibly well beyond the end of the civil war, mitigated only by responsible leadership exercised by the Military Governor (14). Thus, previously lukewarm non-Ibo groups were galvanized against the entire concept of Biafra, fearing Ibo domination, and rushed to get recruited on the federal side, offering help and assistance (10, 12).

Second, Awolowo and other Yoruba leaders (e.g. Colonel Robert Adeyinka Adebayo) became intensely suspicious of Ojukwu's agenda (27). Some of these leaders had actually visited the East as part of peace delegations on Mar 27 and May 5. [He (Ojukwu) had not coordinated this Midwest move with them. Obviously this was probably what prompted Ojukwu to make Col. Banjo the Commander, but it did not work out as planned, which is why Ojukwu had Banjo shot later on]. Up until that time, although Awo had been released by Gowon (from his 1962 treasonable felony conviction), and was the deputy head of the Federal Executive Council (effective June 12, 1967), the West was sitting on the fence. They had lost politicians and officers in BOTH the Jan 1966 and July 1966 coups (Samuel Akintola, Brigadier Ademulegun, Col. Shodeinde, Major Adegoke, Col. Fajuyi etc). Some, like Major Adeniran, had barely escaped being killed on Jan 15 1966 by Captain Nwobosi's storm troopers in Ibadan (17). (Conceivably, his 'crime' was that he hailed from Ogbomosho - the same town as Akintola

[size=18pt]That was what BIAFRA meant to non IBOS thank God for Benjamin BABAMAJA Adekunle who put the Ibos in their place[/size]
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by HyeBits: 7:17pm On Nov 29, 2011
@Bashr8, this is my point you have given thrust here, the only mistake i see from the hands of ojukwu is granting banjo his request for tropps to use and sack occupyin niorthern  Nigerian soldiers in yorubaland and release of awolowo from jail for treason. My line: Biafra Soldiers set its boots on his fatherland, killing helpless children, women, unarmed men, animals, vegetation and dreams. Desecrating his sisters and mothers. Because Ojukwu was too ambitious to want to go to the North through Lagos, Ondo and Benin
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by nku5: 7:23pm On Nov 29, 2011
Quote from Dayokanu

How come the Nazi Germans were tried for war crimes commited Pre Geneva convention?

How come no one has been tried for war crimes in Iraq and Afghanistan?

Japans aim was to bla bla bla and the next thing was to Nuke the civilian Population?

I wonder how Ibos reason for real

@Dayokanu - Why are you twisting your statements? You talked about how soviets levelled berlin then you are talking about germans standing trial for war crimes. these are two very different scenarios. Secondly who told you that americans have not been tried in american courts for war crimes in these places you mentioned. If you dont know tone down the bravado and do some research.

Thirdly what the Zap do you mean by bla bla bla. The japs didnt bla bla bla , they annexed most of asia during the second world war and would have fought till millions more on every side would have died, Even if you are biased or misinformed these are highly different pictures you are trying to paint. Adekunle was a disgrace to the uniform and was removed just in time. have you heard anyone speak ill of obasanjo's role during the war?
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by bashr8: 7:27pm On Nov 29, 2011
Hye-Bits:

@Bashr8, this is my point you have given thrust here, the only mistake i see from the hands of ojukwu is granting banjo his request for tropps to use and sack occupyin niorthern  Nigerian soldiers in yorubaland and release of awolowo from jail for treason. My line: Biafra Soldiers set its boots on his fatherland, killing helpless children, women, unarmed men, animals, vegetation and dreams. Desecrating his sisters and mothers. Because Ojukwu was too ambitious to want to go to the North through Lagos, Ondo and Benin

yes i wrote that , banjo requested for troops and ojukwu gave him troops ,even wole soyinka played a role by trying to convince obasanjo to allow the troops passage so what are you up to.

Toaskarity:

@op. if actually you wanted an answer, it has already been answered.

The comment i read from page 2, isnt it worse than that of adenkunle?  that is human being for you! eg go to germany, there are still blood of hitler(hatered for blacks and jews) flowing in some and if opportunity comes they might do worse.same thing you can say here too, atleast some post is  my evidence

@ekt bear, it seem you are confused, the same north your hero adenkule fought for the same people you speak against in other threads. I promise you,adekunle wouldnt be proud likewise cos you look  embarassed

i guess so but if it was revenge why had he not revenged abiola and the others, anyway another topic for another day.
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by bashr8: 7:29pm On Nov 29, 2011
nku5:

Quote from Dayokanu

How come the Nazi Germans were tried for war crimes commited Pre Geneva convention?

How come no one has been tried for war crimes in Iraq and Afghanistan?

Japans aim was to bla bla bla and the next thing was to Nuke the civilian Population?

I wonder how Ibos reason for real

@Dayokanu - Why are you twisting your statements? You talked about how soviets levelled berlin then you are talking about germans standing trial for war crimes. these are two very different scenarios. Secondly who told you that americans have not been tried in american courts for war crimes in these places you mentioned. If you dont know tone down the bravado and do some research.

Thirdly what the Zap do you mean by bla bla bla. The japs didnt bla bla bla , they annexed most of asia during the second world war and would have fought till millions more on every side would have died, Even if you are biased or misinformed these are highly different pictures you are trying to paint. Adekunle was a disgrace to the uniform and was removed just in time. have you heard anyone speak ill of obasanjo's role during the war?

i have stopped replying him , imaging braging about a man that led thousands of nigerian soldiers to their grave and was quickly removed cause of that, his only legacy are those statements and killing of women and children which dayokanu is trying to justify and you wonder why they are called cowards.
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by nku5: 7:32pm On Nov 29, 2011
@bashr8 - one lie that i find most amusing is that biafran troops entered the midwest and started killing people everywhere. its the cheapest propaganda and unfortunately people easily fall for that silly childish tale by moonlight.
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by dayokanu(m): 7:35pm On Nov 29, 2011
dayokanu:

The Midwest Invasion of 1967: Lessons for Today's Geopolitics

Text of a keynote speech delivered at the Nigerian Independence Day Celebration sponsored by the Nigerian Women Association in Columbia, South Carolina on October 3, 1998 at the Holiday Inn Express, 773 St. Andrews Road, Columbia, SC 29210.

Outright molestation, harassment and killing of non-Ibo civilians occurred on a daily basis. At night "suspected saboteurs" were fished out of their homes and arrested. The Hausa community in the Lagos street area of Benin and other parts of the state were targeted for particularly savage treatment, in part a reprisal for the pogroms of 1966, but also out of security concerns that they would naturally harbor sympathies for the regime in Lagos. But non-Hausas were just as badly treated. And as the hostility of the local population became more intense,

You can believe whatever you want. The writer put his name there. The website is there for you to check

I guessed the biafran army marched in a straight line spraying flowers and roses throughout the midwest
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by bashr8: 7:37pm On Nov 29, 2011
nku5:

@bashr8 - one lie that i find most amusing is that biafran troops entered the midwest and started killing people everywhere. its the cheapest propaganda and unfortunately people easily fall for that silly childish tale by moonlight.

you dey mind them , the biafran forces of midwest were even of midwest origin led by victor banjo a yoruba man , they no even know that part.
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by lagcity(m): 7:37pm On Nov 29, 2011
Why did Adekunle make those statements? [size=14pt]Because War is Psychological[/size]. It is not just about shooting enemies, you have to break their will to fight, make them throw away their weapons and say, "fork this s.hit, I am not fighting this crazy mofo." I think that's what Adekunle was trying to achieve.

oh, BTW, this strategy can also backfire, it can make the enemy fight harder because they feel they'll be wiped out.

1 Like

Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by bashr8: 7:38pm On Nov 29, 2011
dayokanu:

You can believe whatever you want. The writer put his name there. The website is there for you to check

I guessed the biafran army marched in a straight line spraying flowers and roses throughout the midwest

so midwesterners led by a yoruba man went into midwest and started killing midwesterners? why is that hard to believe.
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by bashr8: 7:39pm On Nov 29, 2011
lagcity:

Why did Adekunle make those statements? [size=14pt]Because War is Psychological[/size]. It is not just about shooting enemies, you have to break their will to fight, make them throw away their weapons and say, "fork this s.hit, I am not fighting this crazy mofo." I think that's what Adekunle was trying to achieve.

interesting , that could be another explanation but do you think the biafra soldiers even knew about the statement till maybe after the war so how could it have acheived its purpose?
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by jason123: 7:42pm On Nov 29, 2011
nku5:

They didn't start killing people everywhere. First of all, it was a FORCEFUL OCCUPATION around 3 am. Then, they fostered Igbo people on us and looted the treasury. Resentment grew, Banjo warned Ojukwu to place a non-igbo midwesterner as the governor of the MW, Ojukwu refused and installed another Igbo man. Taunts here and there telling us to start learning Igbo language, at night, molestation and rape occurred. Igbos pointed out their "saboteur" non Igbo midwestern neighbours to be killed. The rest is history.

1 Like

Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by lagcity(m): 7:43pm On Nov 29, 2011
bashr8:

interesting , that could be another explanation but do you think the biafra soldiers even knew about the statement till maybe after the war so how could it have acheived its purpose?

Biafran soldiers don't have to know, Ojukwu and Commanders most likely read western papers, didn't they? Anyway, if the intention is pysch warfare, you make these kinds of statements to the media so that they can spread. Make the statement and let the media do the rest.

1 Like

Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by jason123: 7:43pm On Nov 29, 2011
bashr8:

so midwesterners led by a yoruba man went into midwest and started killing midwesterners? why is that hard to believe.

All these were done by the Igbo troops. Banjo was against there actions. He even warned Ojukwu. Everyone knows this. Anyway, Banjo is a bastar.d anyway undecided
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by Nigerien: 7:48pm On Nov 29, 2011
Federal Nigerian Army Blunders of the Nigerian Civil War - Part 9

By

Nowa Omoigui

Nowa_o@yahoo.com

Benjamin Adekunle was promoted Brigadier in 1972. On August 20th, 1974, along with Brigadier Sotomi, he was compulsorily retired from the Army following an international hemp trafficking scandal involving a businesswoman called Ms. Iyabo Olorunkoya.
http://www.dawodu.com/omoigui32.htm
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by bashr8: 7:49pm On Nov 29, 2011
jason123:

They didn't start killing people everywhere. First of all, it was a FORCEFUL OCCUPATION around 3 am. Then, they fostered Igbo people on us and looted the treasury. Resentment grew, Banjo warned Ojukwu to place a non-igbo midwesterner as the governor of the MW, Ojukwu refused and installed another Igbo man. [b]Taunts here and there telling us to start learning Igbo language, [/b]at night, molestation and violation occurred. Igbos pointed out their "saboteur" non Igbo midwestern neighbours to be killed. The rest is history.

jason did you have to start telling lies, am really dissapointed in you, did the biafran trops also tell efik and ibibio to start learning igbo? men your bigger than this. meanwhile how does this relate to adekunles statement bearing in mind banjo a fellow yorubaman led the biafran troops of midwestern origin . also remember sam loco was among those biafran troops cus they were many of them fromedo and non igbo delta states so stop all these lies.

1 Like

Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by nku5: 7:51pm On Nov 29, 2011
@ jason123- I don't wish to call the writer omoigui a liar but how many ppl today are aware that a panel of enquiry was set up to investigate these reported "atrocities" by biafran troops. Because they could find NO atrocities to report and use as propaganda , the FG kept mute and let rumours about the "terrible igbos" continue. Who told you that propaganda isn't powerful

1 Like

Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by bashr8: 7:56pm On Nov 29, 2011
nku5:

@ jason123- I don't wish to call the writer omoigui a liar but how many ppl today are aware that a panel of enquiry was set up to investigate these reported "atrocities" by biafran troops. Because they could find NO atrocities to report and use as propaganda , the FG kept mute and let rumours about the "terrible igbos" continue. Who told you that propaganda isn't powerful

you dey mind am i thought the guy was a reasonable human being, he forgot the so called biafran troops in the midwest were led by yoruba man and comprised of midwesterners both, igbo,edo, itshekiri urhobo. he forgot people like sam loco efe from edo state were those biafran troops. meanwhile i see it now suits them to agree that delta igbos are igbos soon in another thread they will argue they are not igbos, funny people.

1 Like

Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by nku5: 7:58pm On Nov 29, 2011
@bashr8- you can't totally blame jason, propaganda na bastard

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Omoyele Sowore Of Sahara Reporters Released / Oyetola: Osun Will Deliver One Million Votes For Tinubu / EFCC: Why Yahaya Bello Can’t Evade Arrest, Prosecution — Falana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.