Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,188 members, 7,839,041 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 12:49 PM

Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement (22590 Views)

Did Governor Wike Really Make This Statement? If He Did, It's Time To Order / If Barack Obama Make This Statement, He Will Be Impeached The Next Day!! / Press Statement By Buhari, GCFR, On The School Certificate Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by sheyguy: 8:01pm On Nov 29, 2011
Leave Banjo alone that guy did his job as an army man in a war.
After some serious bashing from the north these ibo cannot do shit them again they will rather play blame game with a westerner.
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by bashr8: 8:05pm On Nov 29, 2011
sheyguy:

After some serious bashing from the north these ibo cannot do poo them again they will rather play blame game with a westerner.

which bashing from the north? educate us.  apart from all southerners and northerners of christian descent that are killed in religiuous and bokoharem crisis the onl people bashed by the north are the yorubas, all your leaders have been killed by the northerners you cant do poo, hell even during the counter coup the north could not overrun the east but yorubaland was easily taken by a few northern soldiers.
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by jason123: 8:05pm On Nov 29, 2011
nku5:

@ jason123- I don't wish to call the writer omoigui a liar but how many ppl today are aware that a panel of enquiry was set up to investigate these reported "atrocities" by biafran troops. Because they could find NO atrocities to report and use as propaganda , the FG kept mute and let rumours about the "terrible igbos" continue. Who told you that propaganda isn't powerful

Bros, its only fair for you to agree that the propaganda was a two-way thing. The FG could not have carried out such a greusome war on her citizens and yet, still probe them for "atrocites" after the "no win no vanquish" statement. That will not make sense.

Secondly, there is no way an invading army will not carry out atrocities on a people that is not there, logically speaking. Take a look at the Nigerian army and Liberia. Look at the atrocities yet we were their "liberator". Most people want to forget the war because it reawakens raw emotions, not only among the Igbos but among other ethnic groups.So it seems like "everyone is against the Igbos" which is not so. The Biafran army carried out some biased moves, that made us see them as an invading army instead of a liberator. Also, take into account that MW said they will remain neutrals as we saw the war as a war between the East and North.

bashr8:

jason did you have to start telling lies, am really dissapointed in you, did the biafran trops also tell efik and ibibio to start learning igbo? men your bigger than this. meanwhile how does this relate to adekunles statement bearing in mind banjo a fellow yorubaman led the biafran troops of midwestern origin . also remember sam loco was among those biafran troops cus they were many of them fromedo and non igbo delta states so stop all these lies.

Me? Tell lies? I am sure you heard some of these Biafrans stories from your parents and people, right? I also heard stories from my parents and people. What makes yours true and mine a lie? It is a known fact that Biafran soilders killed the minority leaders who were against the movement by labeling them as saboteurs. Banjo, to me, is a bastar.d! The SW might see him as a hero or what ever but I detest him because he is a traitor that almost sold his ancestors and cousins for power. With that said, its on account that Banjo warned Ojukwu on a lot of thing, especially when resentment started growing in the MW. Many soldier from Edo and Delta? Does that mean that is the average MWestern view of which most were of "ibo" origin?? You also have Banjo and ademoyega, does that mean you have the support of the Yorubas? Just cause you have a few men here and there means nothing. Its like saying, the Igbos that dislike Ojukwu means all Igbos do. undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by jason123: 8:07pm On Nov 29, 2011
bashr8:

you dey mind am i thought the guy was a reasonable human being, he forgot the so called biafran troops in the midwest were led by yoruba man and comprised of midwesterners both, igbo,edo, itshekiri urhobo. he forgot people like sam loco efe from edo state were those biafran troops. meanwhile i see it now suits them to agree that delta igbos are igbos soon in another thread they will argue they are not igbos, funny people.

Your opinion about me is irrelevant to the discussion. We are both talking like reasonable men. State your points and I will state mine.
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by bashr8: 8:10pm On Nov 29, 2011
jason123:

Bros, its only fair for you to agree that the propaganda was a two-way thing. The FG could not have carried out such a greusome war on her citizens and yet, still probe them for "atrocites" after the "no win no vanquish" statement. That will not make sense.

Secondly, there is no way an invading army will not carry out atrocities on a people that is not there, logically speaking. Take a look at the Nigerian army and Liberia. Look at the atrocities yet we were their "liberator". Most people want to forget the war because it reawakens raw emotions, not only among the Igbos but among other ethnic groups.So it seems like "everyone is against the Igbos" which is not so. The Biafran army carried out some biased moves, that made us see them as an invading army instead of a liberator. Also, take into account that MW said they will remain neutrals as we saw the war as a war between the East and North.

Me? Tell lies? I am sure you heard some of these Biafrans stories from your parents and people, right? I also heard stories from my parents and people. What makes yours true and mine a lie? It is a known fact that Biafran soilders killed the minority leaders who were against the movement by labeling them as saboteurs. Banjo, to me, is a bastar.d! The SW might see him as a hero or what ever but I detest him because he is a traitor that almost sold his ancestors and cousins for power. With that said, its on account that Banjo warned Ojukwu on a lot of thing, especially when resentment started growing in the MW. Many soldier from Edo and Delta? Does that mean that is the average MWestern view of which most were of "ibo" origin?? You also have Banjo and ademoyega, does that mean you have the support of the Yorubas? Just cause you have a few men here and there means nothing. Its like saying, the Igbos that dislike Ojukwu means all Igbos do. undecided

meanwhile tell me what this got to do with adekunles statement
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by Nobody: 8:10pm On Nov 29, 2011
nku5:

@bashr8 - one lie that i find most amusing is that biafran troops entered the midwest and started killing people everywhere. its the cheapest propaganda and unfortunately people easily fall for that silly childish tale by moonlight.

And Biafra told the truth so help them God abi? It's ridiculous that you consider the evil that the Igbos did to the Midwesterners as propaganda but on the flip side believe that Igbos did not employ use of the same.

Show me a picture of a starved solider, better yet show me a picture of Ojukwu without his rotund cheeks during the war and I'll maybe begin to consider you less of an oponu . Mtchew!!!
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by jason123: 8:13pm On Nov 29, 2011
sheyguy:

After some serious bashing from the north these ibo cannot do poo them again they will rather play blame game with a westerner.

You are just praising the guy cause he is Yoruba, nothing more. What did he achieve?? Nothing. I hate to say this but I respect Ojukwu more than the guy, by far because Ojukwu had the brains to manipulate him and make him understand that he was going to control the west after the war.

1 Like

Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by hercules07: 8:13pm On Nov 29, 2011
For those who do not know, Dayo's uncle was Akintola the Premier that was killed by Ibo Officers, you guys do not expect him to have feelings of love for his uncle's killers. I believe DK has been balanced anyway as he has been defending Awolowo who was his uncle's arch rival.  Banjo leading the Biafra troops does not matter, the Biafra troops committed atrocities as well.

1 Like

Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by jason123: 8:16pm On Nov 29, 2011
bashr8:

meanwhile tell me what this got to do with adekunles statement

That statement can be viewed in two ways.

1) It can be seen as a physiological prop-up. Biafra did the same, although, not as vile; by telling Biafrans that they were winning the war while the opposite was happening.
2) A blood thirsty soldier who had no morals or class.

Such an unfortunate man.
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by tarano: 8:20pm On Nov 29, 2011
Banjo led a massive momentum at Ore, about 7000 Biafran troops with limited fire power and was defeated, pure and simple, by a many lives were lost at Ore both on the federal sides and Biafran sides, My uncle that went to Ondo boys Grammar school told about the carnage at Ore, skulls, limps, etc everywhere, roughly over 10,000 lives were lost at Ore, The battle was a purely military affair, guns on guns, God gave victory to the sides he wanted,

Banjo was killed for losing a major battle,

1 Like

Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by bashr8: 8:24pm On Nov 29, 2011
naijababe:

And Biafra told the truth so help them God abi? It's ridiculous that you consider the evil that the Igbos did to the Midwesterners as propaganda but on the flip side believe that Igbos did not employ use of the same.

Show me a picture of a starved solider, better yet show me a picture of Ojukwu without his rotund cheeks during the war and I'll maybe begin to consider you less of an oponu . Mtchew!!!

point of correction the biafran troops were midwesterners both igbos,urobo ,ithsekiri etc example sam loco efe all led by banjo so mind how you use igbos. and why didnt such case come up in oputa panel or any other panel that have addressed several conflicts in nigerian history
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by Nobody: 8:28pm On Nov 29, 2011
bashr8:

point of correction the biafran troops were midwesterners both igbos,urobo ,ithsekiri etc example sam loco efe all led by banjo so mind how you use igbos. and why didnt such case come up in oputa panel or any other panel that have addressed several conflicts in nigerian history

Now i know you are a comedian for real grin grin grin grin grin Carry go jare
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by htajz: 8:29pm On Nov 29, 2011
i think one of the blunder ojukwu made was allowing banjo waste biafran soldiers in his southwest expedition , anyway those soldiers were from midwest so its normal for them to also want to pull out their region from nigeria, but banjo should have made sure other yorubas like obasanjo supported his mission to lagos. either way you look at it biafrans soldiers were not really prepared for that.

as for adekunle i cant really guess why he would make a statement like that maybe he was just trying to look tough or something.

1 Like

Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by jason123: 8:31pm On Nov 29, 2011
htajz:

i think one of the blunder ojukwu made was allowing banjo waste biafran soldiers in his southwest expedition , [b]anyway those soldiers were from midwest so its normal for them to also want to pull out their region from nigeria, [/b]but banjo should have made sure other yorubas like obasanjo supported his mission to lagos. either way you look at it biafrans soldiers were not really prepared for that.

as for adekunle i cant really guess why he would make a statement like that maybe he was just trying to look tough or something.

@highlighted

YOUR JOKE IS DRY!
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by htajz: 8:33pm On Nov 29, 2011
naijababe:

Now i know you are a comedian for real  grin grin grin grin grin Carry go jare

actually he is right many non igbo biafran sodiers converted and joined then nigerian army when they approached the midwest after the ore saga.eg is the former NDDC director , an ijaw man .
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by aljharem3: 8:34pm On Nov 29, 2011
htajz:

i think one of the blunder ojukwu made was allowing banjo waste biafran soldiers in his southwest expedition , anyway those soldiers were from midwest so its normal for them to also want to pull out their region from nigeria, but banjo should have made sure other yorubas like obasanjo supported his mission to lagos. either way you look at it biafrans soldiers were not really prepared for that.

bashr8:

[size=20pt] shocked shocked A new version of BAIFRA STORY is out !!!, Nairaland Una funny well well[/size] grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by Akan(m): 8:38pm On Nov 29, 2011
As an Akwa Ibomite, am not sure who i hate the most, the cant be trusted igbos or the cowardly yorubas
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by member479760: 8:38pm On Nov 29, 2011
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by aljharem3: 8:40pm On Nov 29, 2011
Akan:

As an Akwa Ibomite, am not sure who i hate the most, the cant be trusted igbos or the cowardly yorubas

when did alj harem turn akwa ibom shocked shocked shocked

ain't you baifran ?

How are yorubas coward ?

How are Igbos untrustworthy. I though akwa ibom is by extension baifra ? grin grin grin
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by tit(f): 8:48pm On Nov 29, 2011
the statement that midwesterners and yorubas joined the nigerian army after banjp invaded the west is a BLATANT LIE.
before that invasion, adekunle and his yoruba 3MC were already marauding in ph, calabar, obigbo, etc, etc.

on a journey about 1999. before OBj solved fuel crisis or perhaps this haapened abacha regina, i ran out of fuel on the asaba-ughelli highway and went into an isoko town looking for the liquid gold.
we got some from an isoko man, a former lt in the biafran army he said.

we thanked him for his services.
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by Remii(m): 8:48pm On Nov 29, 2011
lucenzo:

One thing I've noticed about my Yoruba brothers is that they are cowards.

AWOLOWO. He was always waiting for someone to do something for him, typical of a Yoruba man. The 1966 coup was meant to swear him in as the new president. The coup failed, so he denied ever knowing of such a plot. He traded sides with Fulanis against the igbos during  the war, so that he could be installed as president after the war. Murtala's death gave him further hope of being a president, afterall, his kins man (OBASANJO) was the head of state. obasanjo did not hand over to him and that was the best chance he had at been a president before taking his life  outof frustration. ( he drank otapiapia)
Abiola.   Abioa wined and dined with the military. Obasanjo, Abacha, Babangida, Vatsa,  were all his friends. Abiola single handedly sponsored buhari and babangida's coup. Final preparations were made in his daughter's naming ceremony few weeks to the Babangida's coup. Like a typical yoruba man, he wanted things to be done for him(coward). unfortunately for him, his fulani friends betrayed him and he was  denied of his so called mandate and was locked in the prison like a common criminal. He was later poisoned by his fulani friends and nothing was done about it in the west. He died a church rat. His kinsmen collected bribes after his death from thesame fulani"friends". Do we need to talk about saro wiwa? The civil war has always been about the fulanis and their quest to rule Nigeria. You cannot take it away from them. Have you forgotten about Usman Dan Fodio? his life was all about a conquest and that"s what his generations are still doing. Nigeria to a Fulani man is a conquest.
After everything, what did he get.Sack. His mates like danjuma, murtala,obj.ibb went on to become head of states or getting juicy poilitical appointments. But the illiterate got fired and nothing was ever heard of him again

Why do you have to call a whole tribe coward, Yoruba showed enough bravery in the Nigeria amry. 3rd marine commando that captues most of the southern biafra including port Harcourt was commanded by Youribas, Adekunle, Obasanjo and Alani Akinrinde in that other. Even during the war, the navy and the air forces were led by Adewale Wey and Shittu Alao respectively.

Are you calling the likes of Isola Williams, Idiagbon, Olutoye, Ademulegun, Adekunle Fajuyi cowards?

Awolowo was in prison more than 2 years before the 1966 coup. How do you think the coupists had discussion with him or his consent to plan a coup? Do you believe that prisoners have such privilege, even as political prisoner? Have ever heard of any army risking his own life for someone else?
So if a people consider all odds before taking strategic decisions, they are equal to cowards?

Even within Biafra, they had problems, Ken saro Wiwa and Adaka Boro were not fighting for Biafra. Ifeajuna did not fight for Biafra, Kaduna Nzeogwu did not fight for Biafra.

1 Like

Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by Btruth: 8:52pm On Nov 29, 2011
Can somebody tell me, what is the motive behind all this? We all don't need this now, I know everyone is hurting now, but God will surely see us through. What we need now is unity to move this country forward. God bless NIGERIA.
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by emmatok(m): 8:54pm On Nov 29, 2011
And why are you people replying bashr8 AKA south-east.

He's made up his mind, about the answer to his question.
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by tit(f): 8:57pm On Nov 29, 2011
Btruth,
we all need to be sure it cannot happen again.
unfortunately, it has been going on ever since.
and we all go to sleep dreading to be caught anew in such a nightmare.
that is why we should not keep quite now when we can still pull the chestnut out of the fire.
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by hercules07: 8:58pm On Nov 29, 2011
I thank God that real life Igbos are not like this, all the igbos I know are good people who I will trust with my life, too much nairaland politics is bad for one's health.
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by htajz: 9:01pm On Nov 29, 2011
tit:

the statement that midwesterners and yorubas joined the nigerian army after banjp invaded the west is a BLATANT LIE.
before that invasion, adekunle and his yoruba 3MC were already marauding in ph, calabar, obigbo, etc, etc.

on a journey about 1999. before OBj solved fuel crisis or perhaps this haapened abacha regina, i ran out of fuel on the asaba-ughelli highway and went into an isoko town looking for the liquid gold.
we got some from an isoko man, a former lt in the biafran army he said.

we thanked him for his services.

i meant some not all of them ,my dad was posted to ph later owerri then ikotekpene.
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by nku5: 9:01pm On Nov 29, 2011
Quote from naijababe - And Biafra told the truth so help them God abi? It's ridiculous that you consider the evil that the Igbos did to the Midwesterners as propaganda but on the flip side believe that Igbos did not employ use of the same

Show me a picture of a starved solider, better yet show me a picture of Ojukwu without his rotund cheeks during the war and I'll maybe begin to consider you less of an oponu . Mtchew!!

@naijababe - to begin with did you even read what I posted. Biafrans never said diddly squat, if you are saying that biafran soldiers massacred people then prove it. Propaganda is what it is. So far all I have seen as evidence of the so called "atrocities" are stories from omoigui.com and gist from here and there. Secondly are you doubting that biafran troops were not starving during the war. That's about the most common piece of info about the war. I'm using my phone and can't attach pics and stuff.
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by htajz: 9:03pm On Nov 29, 2011
Remii:

Why do you have to call a whole tribe coward, Yoruba showed enough bravery in the Nigeria amry. 3rd marine commando that captues most of the southern biafra including port Harcourt was commanded by Youribas, Adekunle, Obasanjo and Alani Akinrinde in that other. Even during the war, the navy and the air forces were led by Adewale Wey and Shittu Alao respectively.

Are you calling the likes of Isola Williams, Idiagbon, Olutoye, Ademulegun, Adekunle Fajuyi cowards?

Awolowo was in prison more than 2 years before the 1966 coup. How do you think the coupists had discussion with him or his consent to plan a coup? Do you believe that prisoners have such privilege, even as political prisoner? Have ever heard of any army risking his own life for someone else?
So if a people consider all odds before taking strategic decisions, they are equal to cowards?

Even within Biafra, they had problems, Ken saro Wiwa and Adaka Boro were not fighting for Biafra. Ifeajuna did not fight for Biafra, Kaduna Nzeogwu did not fight for Biafra.

which yoruba bravery , if not adaka boro and the ijaws on the nigerian side ,nigeria would have lost rivers and bayelsa so pls stop claiming what did not exist, but i dont blame you i blame adaka boro and what did he get after all that assasination from the same nigerian army and now claiming his achievements.

1 Like

Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by aljharem3: 9:03pm On Nov 29, 2011
hercules07:

[size=16pt]I thank God that real life Igbos are not like this, all the igbos I know are good people[/size] who I will trust with my life, too much nairaland politics is bad for one's health.

Amin, Alihamduhilia Igbos real life are not like the psychos we have on Nairaland
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by aljharem3: 9:04pm On Nov 29, 2011
htajz:

which yoruba bravery , if not adaka boro and the ijaws on the nigerian side ,nigeria would have lost rivers and bayelsa so pls stop claiming what did not exist, but i dont blame you i blame adaka boro and what did he get after all that assasination from the same nigerian army and now claiming his achievements.

so now Ijaws were with Nigeria

I though YOU IGBOS claim Ijaws were with Baifra ?
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by dayokanu(m): 9:05pm On Nov 29, 2011
I am off to the Sport section and would be back to correct any false info

In the meantime ruminate on the statement of Adekunle

Walking or not walking living or non living as long as its Biafra it must be shot.

Benjamin Babamaja Adekunle
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by htajz: 9:08pm On Nov 29, 2011
alj_harem:

so now Ijaws were with Nigeria

I though YOU IGBOS claim Ijaws were with Baifra ?

who is you igbos ? you think am a confused goatie like you?ijaws were divided like many other southern groups , adaka boro had his own plans only God know what he was promised, some believed the northern dominated nigeria was more evil while other were told  that ojukwu was out to dominate them and take their land(which sounds ridiculous) . i cant say which side had more ijaws but we have all learn our lesson cause whatever adka boro fough for he did not live to see it niether are the ijaws seeing it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Explosive! Deprivation & Derivation Principles: Why The North Is Poor (i) / Nigerian Soldiers Receive Hero's Cheers From Jubilating Crowd In Borno. Photo / Ernest Ezeajughi Elected As Deputy Mayor Of Brent, UK (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.