Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,191 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:08 AM

*~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations - Politics (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations (22949 Views)

Poll: Who is your Poster of the year 2011 in this section?

Gbawe: 45% (107 votes)
Onlytruth: 42% (101 votes)
Katsumoto: 12% (29 votes)
This poll has ended

What Barcanista Really Want (not Really That Of Gbawe) / *~ Katsumoto Voted The Politics Section Poster Of 2012 *~ Congratulations / Politics Section Poster Of The Year 2012 - Katz, Gbawe & Naptu are finalists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by Nobody: 7:45am On Dec 30, 2011
ekt_bear:

In future years we should do ethnic primaries (as they decided to do) so that this situation of two good posters splitting votes against a weak poster doesn't occur again

This is analogous to Barack vs. Bill Clinton vs. some incompetent Repugnicant. .  .no matter how repugnant the Republican, he stands a good chance of winning

even with that . . .we still won wink

bunch of sore losers as always

and as usual the marginalization whining has begun.
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by Ejine(m): 7:50am On Dec 30, 2011
Congrats Gbawe! Nice work, man cool
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by Gbawe: 8:34am On Dec 30, 2011
I graciously thank every one who voted for me. I am personally not a fan of these sort of contests because I believe they don't reflect that the best has been chosen. Far from it. Most times , and as directly indicative of our nation, poll/electoral winners are merely those who move beyond apathy to register (for whatever reasons) their opinion and presence. I can only use this opportunity to encourage all Nairalanders to talk a lot more. Apathy ,given what we are facing, is not an option for any adult Nigerians.
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by honeric01(m): 8:35am On Dec 30, 2011
nice one.
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by MyloXyloto: 8:44am On Dec 30, 2011
No hope for Naijiriya oh if Jarus and OAM4J fit rig this simple inconsequential election.

Dem just do boju-boju for everybody with their useless rules. First of all dem know say Beaf for win, but dem disqualify am for the same things wey Gbawe sef dey do.

Abeg, make una show us a list of all the people wey vote and the persons wey dem vote for.

Gbawe, congratulations oh because you dey intelligent but u no different from Beaf in terms of being "near-blind" supporters of your principals.

For me, my Politics Section Poster of the year is Beaf.

God punish this useless election wey no get international observers and election monitors.
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by olawalebabs(m): 8:57am On Dec 30, 2011
Bad losers syndrome. *sigh*
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by Nobody: 9:03am On Dec 30, 2011
That is well expected.leave them and let them whine.
olawalebab:

Bad losers syndrome. *sigh*
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by AfroBlue(m): 9:55am On Dec 30, 2011
Congrats Brother Gbawe, it's a pleasure to read you analysis of news and topics.

hip hip

hip hip

hip hip hooray grin

Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by Pukkah: 10:11am On Dec 30, 2011
Congrats Gbawe. More power to your elbow.
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by mogentle(m): 11:16am On Dec 30, 2011
Gbawe, Congrats!!!

I actually hope to meet u one day, serious. grin

You deserved it really.
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by Gbawe: 11:38am On Dec 30, 2011
Afam4eva wrote:

Gbawe won? Wonders will never end in obodo Nigeria and we say we want Nigeria to move forward.

My guy, with this you confirm that you are a totally nasty and hateful person . You are truly sad and nauseating. Who do you think will move Nigeria forward then? "Your brother" who cannot say two words without indicating that he does not acknowledge Nigeria? Why do you remain so blinded by hate?

I am probably not meritoriously the best poster in the politics sector but Onlytruth does not deserve to make the top 30 if we are viewing issues solely from the perspective of nominating those who speak about all political issues that affects all Nigerians. That you are annoyed a sectionalist, supremacist and bigot did not win only confirms the extent of your own clannish mien.

I did not speak before so as not to influence the poll but it was pathetic how you and others , many times, and far more than is democratically healthy, spammed the forum to say Onlytruth must win. It shows how important it is to you that your candidate won this. Approaching the new year, I urge folks to purge themselves of sectional emotion. Try to see Nigeria and Nigerians. It is only in your mind that Onlytruth deserved to win this. A poster who was never found outside any thread to do with defending Igbos or pronouncing them better than others should be the Political section poster of the year for a Nigerian forum? You really are sad.
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by Odunnu: 11:44am On Dec 30, 2011
Heres a glass of water, Oga. Oya cool down.
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by Gbawe: 11:53am On Dec 30, 2011
Afro_Blue:

Congrats Brother Gbawe, it's a pleasure to read you analysis of news and topics.

hip hip

hip hip

hip hip hooray grin

Thank you very much.

mogentle:

Gbawe, Congrats!!!

I actually hope to meet u one day, serious. grin

You deserved it really.

My brother, thank you very much.
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by blacksta(m): 11:54am On Dec 30, 2011
if you only Gej could posses 10% of  you brain  - Nigeria will be a better place.

3 gbosas  grin
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by Nobody: 11:57am On Dec 30, 2011
I agree that Gbawe deserved to be named the winner. I have always respected his analysis of events in the country. Congrats man.
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by xtianh(m): 11:59am On Dec 30, 2011
I suggest that next year this award should be renamed Politics Section, most believed in nigeria' poster of the year, nd also politics section poster of the year. Going by what Gbawe has said he only won Most believed in nigeria ne the year nt politics section poster of year, This is my submission.
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by houvest: 12:04pm On Dec 30, 2011
Congratulations to Gbawe for winning such a keen contest. Eze Onlytruth, you are clearly the man. Please continue ignoring the provocations, even from the new winner. Kats welldone for taking one for the family(?) according to Dayo. Thumbs up Nailaranders for showing better turn-out this year. As for the mods , No comments.
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by Jarus(m): 12:25pm On Dec 30, 2011
Guys, let's not turn this into war. Let's just congratulate the winner and move on.

It's all for fun
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by Afam4eva(m): 12:28pm On Dec 30, 2011
Gbawe:

Afam4eva wrote:

My guy, with this you confirm that you are a totally nasty and hateful person . You are truly sad and nauseating. Who do you think will move Nigeria forward then? "Your brother" who cannot say two words without indicating that he does not acknowledge Nigeria? Why do you remain so blinded by hate?

I am probably not meritoriously the best poster in the politics sector but Onlytruth does not deserve to make the top 30 if we are viewing issues solely from the perspective of nominating those who speak about all political issues that affects all Nigerians. That you are annoyed a sectionalist, supremacist and bigot did not win only confirms the extent of your own clannish mien.

I did not speak before so as not to influence the poll but it was pathetic how you and others , many times, and far more than is democratically healthy, spammed the forum to say Onlytruth must win. It shows how important it is to you that your candidate won this. Approaching the new year, I urge folks to purge themselves of sectional emotion. Try to see Nigeria and Nigerians. It is only in your mind that Onlytruth deserved to win this. A poster who was never found outside any thread to do with defending Igbos or pronouncing them better than others should be the Political section poster of the year for a Nigerian forum? You really are sad.

Dude, i'm not a hateful person. My post has got nothing to do with your victory. I was very opposed in the beginning to the fact that the poll results were not in real time. I saw it as an attempt to undermine the credibility of the poll. Whether or not the poll was rigged, we may never know but we have to live with the fact that there's no election in Nigeria that is not challenged by the opposition. That does not take away the fact that you won a keenly contested election.

Congrats
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by Jarus(m): 12:30pm On Dec 30, 2011
Sportsmanly response from you there. Keep it up.
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by Gbawe: 12:38pm On Dec 30, 2011
Demdem:

Gbawes victory to me symbolizes light victory over darkness. Slim though. There is definately hope for us as a nation.

My brother, I thank you. I can only encourage some Nairalanders to post more and share the incredible knowledge and analytical ability they possess. A Katsumoto posting as regularly as I did would have easily trounced me and Onlytruth. Paddy Lo, Oyb, Cap28, Aribisala, seanet02, Blacksta, A-zed, Londoner, largerwhenindoubt, kobojunkie, Dayokanu, Bawss1, Haka nai, Akwasi, Shesi, reference, Beaf, Jmaine, Rhino.5dm, efisher, Sagamite, Orinkinla, KoKoA, Demdem, Vodoodoll, PointB, Drummaboy hercules07, skills, texxazpete, Pukkah, Mikeansy, Desola, Olawaleb, Akanbi edu, Kilode, Koruji, EKt-Bear, Jason123, Ileke-idi, Eko Ile, Jamesdoe, HNosegbe, Biina, Lagosboy, Gen-buhari,blazay, Abagworo, 9ijaman, edogirl, ALjharem, justcash and many others I cannot remember right now stood out for various reasons.

I have no speech to make. I only wish to encourage more nairalanders to post more frequently from now on. Our Nation badly needs us to talk even as many reckon Nigerians are "all talk and no action".

The mods did a great job too letting us 'talk'.

Jarus, OAM4J, Mukina2 una do well.
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by Pukkah: 1:02pm On Dec 30, 2011
^^^You're welcome. Sincerely, I'd love to be more active on NL but time is not my friend.
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by Gbawe: 1:27pm On Dec 30, 2011
afam4eva:

Dude, i'm not a hateful person. My post has got nothing to do with your victory. I was very opposed in the beginning to the fact that the poll results were not in real time. I saw it as an attempt to undermine the credibility of the poll. Whether or not the poll was rigged, we may never know but we have to live with the fact that there's no election in Nigeria that is not challenged by the opposition. That does not take away the fact that you won a keenly contested election.

Congrats

My guy, I really don't care for these sort of awards because I did not join Nairaland for popularity. You, on the other hand, clearly regard this as a must win given the number of times you and others like Andrew Uweh kept repeating your choice of Onlytruth when a genuinely democratic backbone should lead you to proclaim your choice once and leave everything else to the voting public.

How can you spin what you wrote below:

Gbawe won? Wonders will never end in obodo Nigeria and we say we want Nigeria to move forward.

You are now suggesting that cheating went on that favoured me. Are you for real? Do you actually realise that I spoke consistently on contemporary and evolutionary politics? I doubt I am the best here but you can certainly not hint I benefitted from cheating against a one-trick Pony only Igbo folks would vote for. The real decider here is the non-Yoruba and Non-Igbo voters. How many Northerners do you reckon, for example, would vote for Onlytruth?

In fact, one thing folks can say about me with 100% certainty is that I have never been seen on topics concerning the civil war , touting my ethnic group superior to others or concerning the past we can all subjectively interprete to favour our stance. I prefer to focus on politics that is real, contemporary and can influence today and tomorrow for the better. Perhaps that connected better with fellow[b] modern[/b] Nigerians who just want a Nation that works well instead of being constantly reminded of the past or listening to supremacist drivel.
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by Ejine(m): 1:42pm On Dec 30, 2011
Yeah, I guess Gbawe deserved to win it all the same. I read his previous posts on Ghana's moves to woo that Innoson guy, and really realized he deserved it fully.
To be honest, I think he should get himself a newspaper column or something (LOL, I'm serious). A person with his type of thinking deserves a lot more political prominence than just internet message boards. But Oga Gbawe, I hope say you no go do 'about-turn' like Sir Adeniyi when money from national cake starts coming in grin

And to the others, please stop the tribalism. You may already know this, but bigotry only makes you an !diot in the World of the enlightened. When your corrupt leaders come to loot resources, you think they consider tribes? Na the same Igbo, Hausa, Yoruba, Ijaw, Bini, Isoko etc go join hands to LOOT! So, if they can join hands to destroy the country, why can't we also JOIN HANDS to fix it? Nonsense! angry
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by blacksta(m): 2:07pm On Dec 30, 2011
All hail King Gbawe - Abeg no scatter us with Engrish - If i may ask " why do you bold some words in all write up" Are you trying to imply that some of us are dumb or what - shocked

Please when is your dictionary comming out. I need to boost my Engrish, grin
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by Olaone1: 2:44pm On Dec 30, 2011
Congratulations, Gbawe. Even though most of your posts are pro a certain political party, you're a good person nonetheless.

Beaf is also a good poster here. It's about politics and he's pro-PDP. Gbawe is pro-ACN. I think it's difficult for someone like Beaf not to get banned. So, please, Mods, allow Beaf to contest next year. It is high time you disregarded this 'ban' policy for a poster like Beaf. If Gbawe could, why not Beaf? Moreover, he's toned it down a bit.

OYB too. I am a bit surprised no one nominated him.

Eku is good but he's chosen to become Arole Oduaa. So, NO! cheesy

I voted Kats.
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by ACM10: 2:48pm On Dec 30, 2011
he he he cheesy

Only 29 votes for tribalist Katsumoto. tongue

Now I know that Yoruba folks can be sensible. kiss

All his revisionism, character assasination of Sanusi can only fetch him 29 votes. embarassed

I laff in Aji-no-mo-to grin grin grin
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by Jarus(m): 2:56pm On Dec 30, 2011
ACM10:

he he he cheesy

Only 29 votes for tribalist Katsumoto. tongue

Now I know that Yoruba folks can be sensible. kiss

All his revisionism, character assasination of Sanusi can only fetch him 29 votes. embarassed

I laff in Aji-no-mo-to grin grin grin
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by DrummaBoy(m): 3:24pm On Dec 30, 2011
Congratulations Gbawe.
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by Areosapien(f): 3:36pm On Dec 30, 2011
Gbawe - 107 (45.1%)
Onlytruth - 101 (42.6%)
Katsumoto - 29 (12.2%)

LWKMD!! grin
Coconuto haff carry last eeeeee!!!
Even with that, I still think those 29 votes should be probed. I mean, how did he even manage to get up to 29? Oh well, maybe his entire household was voting for him with multiple IDs (including his gateman) grin
As a 3rd prize gift to our 'bronze medalist', though, I think we should get Katsumoto a big wheelbarrow to help him carry his big head as he walks. You know, since it's equivalent in weight to 90 gallons of pure water, walking 14cm can prove quite tasking.

Umm okay! I don talk finish o! grin lipsrsealed
*quickly runs off into the sunset*
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by Gbawe: 3:51pm On Dec 30, 2011
Ejiné:

Yeah, I guess Gbawe deserved to win it all the same. I read his previous posts on Ghana's moves to woo that Innoson guy, and really realized he deserved it fully.
To be honest, I think he should get himself a newspaper column or something (LOL, I'm serious). A person with his type of thinking deserves a lot more political prominence than just internet message boards. But Oga Gbawe, I hope say you no go do 'about-turn' like Sir Adeniyi when money from national cake starts coming in grin

And to the others, please stop the tribalism. You may already know this, but bigotry only makes you an !diot in the World of the enlightened. When your corrupt leaders come to loot resources, you think they consider tribes? Na the same Igbo, Hausa, Yoruba, Ijaw, Bini, Isoko etc go join hands to LOOT! So, if they can join hands to destroy the country, why can't we also JOIN HANDS to fix it? Nonsense! angry

My brother, thank you for your praises and kind words. As for becoming a Rueben Abati type, never. I am not a materialistic person and , long ago , I conquered the notion that a huge amount of money makes any of us spectacularly more happy or fulfilled. I did okay during the UK property boom so my future and that of my kids is more or less secure so there is no motivation to chase wealth that damages character. I personally dislike money not derived from hardwork, innovation or talent.

I think moderate wealth , spread equitably, is key. I don't deny that talented individuals should gain vast montary rewards for their special endowment. What I resent is what we have in Nigeria whereby everyone not connected to those who feel they own the nation are denied the rewards their hardwork and citizens entitlement should ordinarily gaurantee. There is no chance at all of me ever compromising myself. Those I respect are the likes of Steve Jobs, President Lula of Brazil, Kwame Nkrumah, Chinua Achebe, Wole Soyinka and many others who changed the world positively through the primary search for excellence in their respective discipline.

As for gaining a newspaper column, that has been suggested to me but I prefer it here on Nairaland with real folks and with no pretensions of superiority over anyone. In any case, I think Nairaland actually recieves more readership than some of us fathom. Just before the election, the PDP made a huge gaffe in letting an online poll remain visible on their website detailing how Nigerians had no confidence in the Party. When I posted the link here, the page suddenly vanished from the PDP website around 30 minutes after I started the thread here !!!!

Finally, I totally agree with you that we must move away from tribalism. This forum, for all its fault, probably has the biggest traffic out of all Nigerian websites. All Nairalander can make Nairaland better.
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by Gbawe: 3:57pm On Dec 30, 2011
blacksta:

All hail King Gbawe - Abeg no scatter us with Engrish - If i may ask " why do you bold some words in all write up"  Are you trying to imply that some of us are dumb or what  -  shocked

Please when is your dictionary comming out.  I need to boost my Engrish,  grin

Nooooooo  grin grin grin grin I have being accused of delivering long posts so I try and highlight the most important consideration for those not interested in reading everything .

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Governor T.A Orji Booed, Pelted At Bishop Ezeonyia's Burial In Aba! / Doyin Okupe In Another Twitter Fight / Aisha Buhari & Dolapo Osinbajo Visit 82 Released Chibok Girls in Abuja (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.