Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,922 members, 7,810,538 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:48 AM

Senate Rejects State Burial For Ojukwu - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Rejects State Burial For Ojukwu (11287 Views)

Shiite-Army Clash: Mass Burial For 347 Corpses – KDSG- PICS / Aregbesola Shuns Ooni's Burial For Lagos Meeting / Obiano Holds Mass Burial For Unclaimed Bodies Of Fuel Tanker Victims (Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Rejects State Burial For Ojukwu by humblebee: 6:28pm On Dec 02, 2011
why should he be given a State Burial? did he fight for the unity of the country? Please Biafra is big enough to give him as much as he deserved since they are the only set of people that knows his worth. so make una do am as una like.

he has been honored enough by oga Jona, at least Bianca's name has been sent to senate as an ambassador candidate, she's too fine to remain single for too long lipsrsealed
Re: Senate Rejects State Burial For Ojukwu by lagcity(m): 6:56pm On Dec 02, 2011
I think Ojukwu would have wanted a state burial knowing his flamboyant personality and how vain he is. He seriously craved Nigerian honor, unlike Chinua Achebe. Remember that Ojukwu sought the highest honor in Nigeria when he ran for the highest office of President in 2003. So people saying he wouldn't want it are just deceiving themselves, we don't believe you.
Re: Senate Rejects State Burial For Ojukwu by olyivy(f): 7:02pm On Dec 02, 2011
lagcity:

I think Ojukwu would have wanted a state burial knowing his flamboyant personality and how vain he is. He seriously craved Nigerian honor, unlike Chinua Achebe. Remember that Ojukwu sought the highest honor in Nigeria when he ran for the highest office of President in 2003. So people saying he wouldn't want it are just deceiving themselves, we don't believe you.
Nonentities like you will never understand Ojukwu.

You will never understand why he ran for offices in Nigeria just like you have always to he was eulogizing awolowowo when he said that he (awolowowo) is the best president nigeria never had.

Umu ewu!
Re: Senate Rejects State Burial For Ojukwu by lagcity(m): 7:56pm On Dec 02, 2011
olyivy:

Nonentities like you will never understand Ojukwu.

You will never understand why he ran for offices in Nigeria just like you have always to he was eulogizing awolowowo when he said that he (awolowowo) is the best president nigeria never had.

Umu ewu!

Hey Ms. Ostrich, keep burying your head in sand. Why did Ojuku run for office? Explain to us. He ran for Nigerian senate and lost, he ran for Presidency and failed woefully. You ppl are comedians, i swear. Thanks for the entertainment, though.
Re: Senate Rejects State Burial For Ojukwu by realchange: 8:22pm On Dec 02, 2011
lagcity:

I think Ojukwu would have wanted a state burial knowing his flamboyant personality and how vain he is. He seriously craved Nigerian honor, unlike Chinua Achebe.[b] Remember that Ojukwu sought the highest honor in Nigeria when he ran for the highest office of President in 2003. [/b]So people saying he wouldn't want it are just deceiving themselves, we don't believe you.

you don't know Ojukwu, that is why you are saying this
Ojukwu wanted to prove to nigerians that they are lying to themselves about nigeria being one, that is why he ran. he knew he (or any igbo) would never win.
most of the time ojukwu spoke in riddles. he would say things like "awolowo is the best president nigeria never had", knowing fully well that awolowo never believed in nigeria himself. so how can you be president of what you never believed in as awo did? so, you see. nigerians are lying to themselves. i bet you that is why a lot of people in nigeria don't understand ojukwu.
Ojukwus belief in nigeria died in 1967.
Re: Senate Rejects State Burial For Ojukwu by realchange: 8:26pm On Dec 02, 2011
the same reason why ojukwu lost the election is the reason why awo lost. the same reason is why olu falae or any afenifere or awoist kind of politician would loose too. these are people who know the truth about nigeria and would change it if given the chance. it would never happen. that is why a thief like obasanjo won instead.
jonathan is the closest we have come to true change in nigeria.
Re: Senate Rejects State Burial For Ojukwu by realchange: 8:28pm On Dec 02, 2011
as for a national honor or state burial for ojukwu, the great man would be greatly insulted by it.
he is dead remember? there is nothing anyone can do to him now. he has entered a safe realm of immortality.
he is far greater than any nigerian in the history of nigeria.
a biafran flag is the most honorable thing that anyone can wrap ojukwu's coffin. cool
Re: Senate Rejects State Burial For Ojukwu by namfav(m): 8:34pm On Dec 02, 2011
[img]http://tgbp.files./2010/08/n498911299.jpg?w=1000[/img]

realchange:

as for a national honor or state burial for ojukwu, the great man would be greatly insulted by it.
he is dead remember? there is nothing anyone can do to him now. he has entered a safe realm of immortality.
he is far greater than any nigerian in the history of nigeria.
a biafran flag is the most honorable thing that anyone can wrap ojukwu's coffin.  cool
Re: Senate Rejects State Burial For Ojukwu by ezeagu(m): 8:35pm On Dec 02, 2011
Who?
Re: Senate Rejects State Burial For Ojukwu by lagcity(m): 8:37pm On Dec 02, 2011
realchange:

you don't know Ojukwu, that is why you are saying this
Ojukwu wanted to prove to nigerians that they are lying to themselves about nigeria being one, that is why he ran. he knew he (or any igbo) would never win.
most of the time ojukwu spoke in riddles. he would say things like "awolowo is the best president nigeria never had", knowing fully well that awolowo never believed in nigeria himself. so how can you be president of what you never believed in as awo did? so, you see. nigerians are lying to themselves. i bet you that is why a lot of people in nigeria don't understand ojukwu.
Ojukwus belief in nigeria died in 1967.

Wow, you've completely figured out Ojukwu. You seem to know Ojukwu more than Ojukwu himself. So, Ojukwu has now become Jesus Christ who speaks in riddles and parables, ehn? Tell me this, did Ojukwu also speak in riddles when he said we should vote for IBB? Anyway, I don't have any problem with Ojuku but I have a problem with you guys twisting his words. Ojukwu can speak for himself gademmit!
Re: Senate Rejects State Burial For Ojukwu by lagcity(m): 8:43pm On Dec 02, 2011
realchange:

the same reason why ojukwu lost the election is the reason why awo lost. the same reason is why olu falae or any afenifere or awoist kind of politician would loose too. these are people who know the truth about nigeria and would change it if given the chance. it would never happen. that is why a thief like obasanjo won instead.

you don't get it, do you? this isn't about losing elections. I was trying to expose Biafrans who keep lying that Ojukwu hates Nigeria and would be insulted by state burial. STOP misrepresenting Ojukwu gademit!! If you said Achebe would be insulted by state burial, I would agree with you. But Ojukwu? hell no! Ojukwu who didn't feel insulted when he was collecting pension from Nigerian army, why the hell would he be insulted by state burial? undecided undecided
Re: Senate Rejects State Burial For Ojukwu by realchange: 8:55pm On Dec 02, 2011
lagcity:

you don't get it, do you? this isn't about losing elections. I was trying to expose Biafrans who keep lying that Ojukwu hates Nigeria and would be insulted by state burial. STOP misrepresenting Ojukwu gademit!! If you said Achebe would be insulted by state burial, I would agree with you. But Ojukwu? hell no! Ojukwu who didn't feel insulted when he was collecting pension from Nigerian army, why the hell would he be insulted by state burial? undecided undecided

lol, it is you that don't get it.
yes, ojukwu spoke in riddles a lot since he returned from exile. he was conscious that there are people in nigeria who wanted him dead. so he was careful until much later when he figured "what the hell" and dared obasanjo to try arresting him. ojukwu is not the type to drop a conviction. he was a "SCORPIO" (horoscope). go and read about people of this sign. all the remaining part of his life was spent indirectly mocking nigeria's insincerity. even that pension thing was part of it. remember, he wanted to receive a general's pay? do you think it was because he needed the money? NO it was to prove that the "no victor, no vanquised" thing was a huge joke. gowon promoted himself during the war and recieved his pension. ojukwu would not be allowed to do the same.
you are not igbo, that is why you cannot understand the power of speaking in riddles. it is one of the most powerful weapons elders use in igboland.
Re: Senate Rejects State Burial For Ojukwu by dayokanu(m): 9:00pm On Dec 02, 2011
realchange:

Awolowo, Falae etc at least won in Yorubaland if not Nationally

Ojuku couldnt even win in his Biafra states.

ordinary Senate elections he couldnt win, Presidential elections he couldnt win a single state
Re: Senate Rejects State Burial For Ojukwu by realchange: 9:04pm On Dec 02, 2011
dayokanu:

Awolowo, Falae etc at least won in Yorubaland if not Nationally

Ojuku couldnt even win in his Biafra states.

[b]ordinary Senate elections he couldnt win, Presidential elections he couldnt win a single stat[/b]e

i hope you don't believe what you just typed. elections were rigged and i would give you are hint.
in the presidential elections ojukwu came second or third with MILLIONS (about 10 million) votes. now go and think about that.
Re: Senate Rejects State Burial For Ojukwu by lagcity(m): 9:05pm On Dec 02, 2011
realchange:

lol, it is you that don't get it.
yes, ojukwu spoke in riddles a lot since he returned from exile. he was conscious that there are people in nigeria who wanted him dead. so he was careful until much later when he figured "what the hell" and dared obasanjo to try arresting him. ojukwu is not the type to drop a conviction. he was a "SCORPIO" (horoscope). go and read about people of this sign. all the remaining part of his life was spent indirectly mocking nigeria's insincerity. even that pension thing was part of it. remember, he wanted to receive a general's pay? do you think it was because he needed the money? NO it was to prove that the "no victor, no vanquised" thing was a huge joke. gowon promoted himself during the war and recieved his pension. ojukwu would not be allowed to do the same.
you are not igbo, that is why you cannot understand the power of speaking in riddles. it is one of the most powerful weapons elders use in igboland.
mehn this guy just keep cracking me up with his "riddles". cheesy cheesy was he speaking in riddles when he endorsed IBB? anyway, believe what you want, it seems to help you sleep better.
Re: Senate Rejects State Burial For Ojukwu by realchange: 9:06pm On Dec 02, 2011
i'm telling you the whole truth. cool
Re: Senate Rejects State Burial For Ojukwu by dayokanu(m): 9:10pm On Dec 02, 2011
realchange:

i hope you don't believe what you just typed. elections were rigged and i would give you are hint.
in the presidential elections ojukwu came second or third with MILLIONS (about 10 million) votes. now go and think about that.

So only Ojukus elections was rigged? how come the riggings didnt prevent Awolowo from winning his SW or FALAE

So rigging was only designed for Ojuku?

Stop lying to us. Ojuku can never get 10m votes anywhere.

He got a meager 1.2m votes which is about 3% of the total votes casted and didnt win one single state. Even Ribadu won a state yet Ojuku couldnt
Re: Senate Rejects State Burial For Ojukwu by realchange: 9:13pm On Dec 02, 2011
dayokanu:

So only Ojukus elections was rigged? how come the riggings didnt prevent Awolowo from winning his SW or FALAE

So rigging was only designed for Ojuku?

Stop lying to us. Ojuku can never get 10m votes anywhere.

He got a meager 1.2m votes and didnt win one single state. Even Ribadu won a state yet Ojuku couldnt

i'm really trying to say that ojukwu stopped believing in nigeria in 1967
all these other talks are irrelevant. he believed in nigeria up until 1967. fullstop. kiss
Re: Senate Rejects State Burial For Ojukwu by dayokanu(m): 9:16pm On Dec 02, 2011
^^ When your lies were found out you quickly changed directions?

If he stopped believing in Nigeria, why did he contest for NIGERIAN senate? If he stopped belieing in Nigeria, Why did he Contest for NIGERIAN presidency

I laff in 10million votes grin grin grin
Re: Senate Rejects State Burial For Ojukwu by realchange: 9:16pm On Dec 02, 2011
when gowon reneged on aburi accord and declared war, ojukwu's belief in nigeria died as those of millions of igbos.
are there igbos who still believe in nigeria? yes, but are they up to 5%, i doubt it. if you doubt, ask them to choose in a referendum. if you get less than 95% yes, let it be considered a failure.
the best honor to ojukwu is to wrap him in a biafran flag and bury him. end of discussion.
Re: Senate Rejects State Burial For Ojukwu by realchange: 9:20pm On Dec 02, 2011
dayokanu:

^^ When your lies were found out you quickly changed directions?

If he stopped believing in Nigeria, why did he contest for NIGERIAN senate? If he stopped belieing in Nigeria, Why did he Contest for NIGERIAN presidency

I laff in 10million votes grin grin grin

it really doesn't matter whether you believe that nigerian elections are fair or not. this is not the thread for it.
show me which nigerian dead or alive that is making the type of waves ojukwu is making.
i don't even remember the year awo died. i can't remember the year zik died either.
Re: Senate Rejects State Burial For Ojukwu by occam(m): 9:24pm On Dec 02, 2011
Please bury this man and let's move on to more important issues - jobs for the people, the Boko harem menance, improving our educational system etc

The way most igbo people are mourning this man, you may think we are talking of a Saint. Ojukwu led a secessionist struggle, that resulted in the loss of over I million innocent lives and mercifully for Nigeria he failed. That was over f our decades ago in case people don't know or remember. This is the simple narrative of Ojukwu.

Our igbo brothers and sisters should view the the passing away of this man as opportunity for a new beginning. Let's move on with One Nigeria
Re: Senate Rejects State Burial For Ojukwu by occam(m): 9:29pm On Dec 02, 2011
Lord Naya:

Chief Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu Eze Ndi Igbo Gburugburu, Ikemba Nnewi, Ochi Agha 1 of Ndi Igbo, Dike di Ohamma Ndi Igbo, Odogwu, Ebebedike Na Agha, Oke Osisi nime Nnukwu Ohia, Oke Mmawu, Mmoo ne Nkume, Agu ne chemba, Dike ha ji ejemba, Aguyi nime Orimiri, General infinitesimo and Supreme commander of the people's army, Onye Chukwu gozir'agozi; even in death you still terrify and crush your idio.tic foes, the wicked ones are afraid and insecure whenever u are discussed your name is mentioned, your name still open doors and create ways for the righteous. Giving Ojukwu a state burial wud mean dat he is a Nigerian and also validate gowon comment that Ojukwu died a Nigerian when we all know dat he is a proud Biafran. We all know that Ojukwu was a blessed, favoured, wise, brillant, intelligent, strong and great man who loved God and his people. Rest In Peace mr president

Please grow up and stop this silly praise worshiping. How exactly did this man impact your life in any positive way? List 3 positive things he did for Igbo people.

He's dead now and Nigeria can forget about the most dreadful and miserable time for our country
Re: Senate Rejects State Burial For Ojukwu by realchange: 9:33pm On Dec 02, 2011
occam:

Please grow up and stop this silly praise worshiping. How exactly did this man impact your life in any positive way? List 3 positive things he did for Igbo people.

He's dead now and Nigeria can forget about the most dreadful and miserable time for our country

and that is how you would wake up in 2015 to see a worse situation because you are too cowardly to see facts as they are. go ahead and sweep it under the carpet! it is nigerian tradition. yet you expect change! lolz!
Re: Senate Rejects State Burial For Ojukwu by IYANGBALI: 9:34pm On Dec 02, 2011
why should Nigeria give him state burial when he did not believe in Nigeria.Let the so called biafrans give him a state burial. tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Senate Rejects State Burial For Ojukwu by realchange: 9:38pm On Dec 02, 2011
IYA NGBALI:

why should Nigeria give him state burial when he did not believe in Nigeria.Let the so called[b] biafrans give him a state burial.[/b] tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

+1000 kiss kiss

and that is the way it will go. cool
Re: Senate Rejects State Burial For Ojukwu by occam(m): 9:51pm On Dec 02, 2011
realchange:

and that is how you would wake up in 2015 to see a worse situation because you are too cowardly to see facts as they are. go ahead and sweep it under the carpet! it is nigerian tradition. yet you expect change! lolz!

I assume you are an Igbo man or woman. If so, list 3 positive things this man did to improve the lives of igbo people or advance a united Nigeria
Re: Senate Rejects State Burial For Ojukwu by realchange: 10:04pm On Dec 02, 2011
occam:

I assume you are an Igbo man or woman. If so, list 3 positive things this man did to improve the lives of igbo people or advance a united Nigeria

i would not answer you until you tell me your own tribe in nigeria.
if you are igbo, then you are the biggest foool ever created by God.
if you are a SS minority, then your fooolshness goes off chart completely
if you are yoruba, i would say 'true to type".
if you are northerner, i would say "not surprised one bit". cool
Re: Senate Rejects State Burial For Ojukwu by occam(m): 10:06pm On Dec 02, 2011
ceaz4r:

I truely don't know why these tribalists won't let us ( Igbos) be. Even here on Naira Land forum! Must you guys react to any thread concerning the Igbos?! I can't understand this level of Hatred you people have towards the Igbo race. Sometimes I wonder the role of the moderator  on this. Some characters on this forum need to be banned from this forum. I am not naming names, 'cos I don't want to be insulted by any low lifer. What you people very much fail to realise is that you are actually using this medium to express your gross hatered towards the Igbos, this, you don't know,  is capable of heating up the nation.  I will suggest we have an 'Igboland forum' where we can discuss our issues and channel our cause. And if any other tribe especially the yorubas venture into this Igbo forum to run foul as they are known for, they should be hunted down and wasted. Am sick of you people!! Can you people please steer clear from issues concerning us!!!

Nobody hates igbo people; we are all brothers and sisters in this Nation of Nigeria. Yes, we have our squabbles like all siblings do, but we (and I speak for a lot of people) do not hate you.

Sadly, men like Ojukwu perpetuated this myth that we all hate Igbo people, hence his terrible misadventure into a failed secessionist battle. Mourn him if you please, that's okay, but I enjoin you to seize his passing away as a new beginning. Ojukwu was part of the reasons we find ourselves in this constant tribalistic fissures. Outside Nigeria - Igbo, Yoruba, Hausa, are seen as Nigerians. This is the way it should be and the only way forward.

Any igbo elders telling you stories about the greatness of Ojukwu are relics of the past. Nigeria needs to look into a future where we all co-exist as one people.  

Long live ONE NIGERIA
Re: Senate Rejects State Burial For Ojukwu by occam(m): 10:08pm On Dec 02, 2011
realchange:

i would not answer you until you tell me your own tribe in nigeria.
if you are igbo, then you are the biggest foool ever created by God.
if you are a SS minority, then your fooolshness goes off chart completely
if you are yoruba, i would say 'true to type".
if you are northerner, i would say "not surprised one bit".  cool

ok then. I'm a Nigerian of Yoruba descent and grew up in Lagos smiley Now will you answer my question
Re: Senate Rejects State Burial For Ojukwu by realchange: 10:14pm On Dec 02, 2011
occam:

ok then. I'm a Nigerian of Yoruba descent [/b]and grew up in Lagos smiley [b]Now will you answer my question

fine, i would be shocked if you saw it any other way.
some of you just refuse to say the truth about what ojukwu stood for. you would rather fly this "ONE NIGERIA" nonsense without addressing anything ojukwu wanted addressed in nigeria. you think you can make a nation by lying to yourselves and everybody. i'm sorry we igbo don't think like that. the issues we raised in Aburi in january 1967 remain unaddress in december 2011. anyone who thinks nigeria will ever be one without addressing those issues is a big foool.
Re: Senate Rejects State Burial For Ojukwu by occam(m): 10:22pm On Dec 02, 2011
realchange:

fine, i would be shocked if you saw it any other way.
some of you just refuse to say the truth about what ojukwu stood for. you would rather fly this "ONE NIGERIA" nonsense without addressing anything ojukwu wanted addressed in nigeria. you think you can make a nation by lying to yourselves and everybody. i'm sorry we igbo don't think like that. the issues we raised in Aburi in january 1967 remain unaddress in december 2011. anyone who thinks nigeria will ever be one without addressing those issues is a big foool.

What issues? kindly tell us. The war happened over 40 yrs ago so you need to tell us about this unresolved issues all these years

BTW you still haven't answered question. What did this man do to impact positively on the lives of Igbo people between 1982 - till his death? He returned to Nigeria in 1982

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

A Letter To President Jonathan On Ijaw, By Urhobos / Electricity Will Drop By 300MW After Rainy Season – NERC / World Bank Releases List Of Nigerian Looters With Foreign Bank Accounts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.