Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,976 members, 7,810,708 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:45 PM

Senate Rejects State Burial For Ojukwu - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Rejects State Burial For Ojukwu (11289 Views)

Shiite-Army Clash: Mass Burial For 347 Corpses – KDSG- PICS / Aregbesola Shuns Ooni's Burial For Lagos Meeting / Obiano Holds Mass Burial For Unclaimed Bodies Of Fuel Tanker Victims (Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Rejects State Burial For Ojukwu by Okijajuju1(m): 9:53am On Dec 02, 2011
THANK YOU SENATORS!!!

THANK YOU GOODLUCK EBELE JONATHAN!!!

THANK YOU BABA GOD!!!!!

Atleast I have been re-assured that Nigeria is moving in the right direction.

let the Dead bury their dead. angry

Long Live the Federal Republic Of Nigeria!
Re: Senate Rejects State Burial For Ojukwu by ak47mann(m): 10:11am On Dec 02, 2011
i have said this, Nigerian end time in near cool cool
Re: Senate Rejects State Burial For Ojukwu by Mkpotu(m): 10:24am On Dec 02, 2011
What is even a State burial by the way? Can somebody tell me what a State burial is? Is it the way the body of Umaru Yaradua & Abacha were wrapped with Nigerian flag, is that the meaning?

For people like Bluetooth who are always looking for any slightest opportunity to show their hatred for the Igbos, you have completely failed. I remember when Ojukwu was sick, it was Bluetooth and his cronies were carrying rumour that Ojukwu has been abandoned by the Igbos and that nobody cares for him, there is no money this and that to pay for his hospital bills in Uk. As I write this, I know they are not happy the way Ojukwu is accorded all the respect he deserves from every part of the country and the world at large.

I even observed it, Bluetooth has refused to even address Ojukwu's name properly thats why he goes about calling him Oji-uku or whatever, but I must tell you that no Yoruba man dead or alive will receive the kind of respect Ojukwu will receive during his burial.

Check history of u people's greatest man, Awolowo and how he died, his family didn't know he was dead in his house after some days or so, check your Abiola and probably we will be alive when your Obasanjo time will reach and see what happens.
Re: Senate Rejects State Burial For Ojukwu by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 10:29am On Dec 02, 2011
Tribalism at best brings the worst in people and thats what is happening here
Re: Senate Rejects State Burial For Ojukwu by stanech: 10:30am On Dec 02, 2011
Who cares Bleep them and their stupid state burial.
Re: Senate Rejects State Burial For Ojukwu by ak47mann(m): 10:31am On Dec 02, 2011
wrap his coffin in the Biafran flag  cool cool
Re: Senate Rejects State Burial For Ojukwu by Johnpaul2k2(m): 10:53am On Dec 02, 2011
nigeria is coming to an end embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Senate Rejects State Burial For Ojukwu by 9jaIhail(m): 11:18am On Dec 02, 2011
ACCORDING THE LAW STATE BURIAL IS FOR THE EX PRESIDENT'S AND FORMER HEAD OF STATES.LIKEWISE AWOLOWO DID NOT RECEIVE STATE BURIAL AS WELL.

IN OTHER WARDS OJUKWU HIMSELF WILL NOT FORGIVE THE IGBO'S IF THEY ALLOW HIS BODY TO BE BURIED BY THE NIGERIANS. YESTERDAY ISRAELI'S NEWS PAPER STATED IN HEBREW A COURAGEOUS BRAVE MAN OF AFRICA IS GONE THEY WENT ON TO DESCRIBE OJUKWU AS THEIR AFRICA SON,IN CONCLUSION THEY SEND A CONDOLENCE MESSAGE TO THE PEOPLE OF ANAMBRA AND OLD EASTERN REGION AS A WHOLE ASSURING THAT THEY ARE MOURNING WITH THEM,THE NEWS WENT ON TO SAY THAT AFRICA WOULD HAVE BEEN A DIFFERENT PLANET ONLY IF BIAFRA WAS ACTUALIZED.

IF COUNTRY LIKE ISRAEL CAN ISSUE THIS TYPE OF STATEMENT I WONDER WHAT ELSE WOULD PLEASE OJUKWU IS IT NIGERIA STATE BURIAL ?
Re: Senate Rejects State Burial For Ojukwu by ak47mann(m): 11:22am On Dec 02, 2011
9ja_I_hail:

ACCORDING THE LAW STATE BURIAL IS FOR THE EX PRESIDENT'S AND FORMER HEAD OF STATES.LIKEWISE AWOLOWO DID NOT RECEIVE STATE BURIAL AS WELL.

IN OTHER WARDS OJUKWU HIMSELF WILL NOT FORGIVE THE IGBO'S IF THEY ALLOW HIS BODY TO BE BURIED BY THE NIGERIANS. YESTERDAY ISRAELI'S NEWS PAPER STATED IN HEBREW A COURAGEOUS BRAVE MAN OF AFRICA IS GONE THEY WENT ON TO DESCRIBE OJUKWU AS THEIR AFRICA SON,IN CONCLUSION THEY SEND A CONDOLENCE MESSAGE TO THE PEOPLE OF ANAMBRA AND  OLD EASTERN REGION AS A WHOLE ASSURING THAT THEY ARE MOURNING WITH THEM,THE NEWS WENT ON TO SAY THAT AFRICA WOULD HAVE BEEN A DIFFERENT PLANET ONLY IF BIAFRA WAS ACTUALIZED.

IF COUNTRY LIKE ISRAEL CAN ISSUE THIS TYPE OF STATEMENT I WONDER WHAT ELSE WOULD PLEASE OJUKWU IS IT NIGERIA STATE BURIAL ?
this is the best comment i ever read in this site, Israeli is our people, they supported BIAFRA and they will again when time comes, IKEMBA such a powerful man cool
I never wanted anything Nigeria around ikemba, he will be wrap in biafran flag we don't want that stinking name Nigeria around him and that how it should be .
Re: Senate Rejects State Burial For Ojukwu by manosteel(m): 11:24am On Dec 02, 2011
How many people have died in Nigeria and the Senate devoted an entire session to honour them, or agreed to send a high powered delegation, or urged the federal goverment to name a prominent place after them? What a great honour and respect for a man who was not a federal legislature or executive, who made his impact felt in the Nation. A point to note, there are laid down rules for a state burial, the senate made the laws and cannot be seen bending the law.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Senate stood still on Thursday as it devoted the entire session to honour the late Chief Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu. The Senate resolved to observe a minute silence in honour of the deceased; just as it also agreed to send a high powered delegation to commiserate with Ojukwu’s family, the people and Government of Anambra State.The upper chamber also urged the Federal Government to immortalize late Ojukwu by naming a prominent establishment after him.
The opposition of a state funeral was hinged on the argument that Ojukwu did not fall under the category of those who should be so honoured.
Re: Senate Rejects State Burial For Ojukwu by holydante(m): 11:33am On Dec 02, 2011
9ja_I_hail:

IN OTHER WARDS OJUKWU HIMSELF WILL NOT FORGIVE THE IGBO'S IF THEY ALLOW HIS BODY TO BE BURIED BY THE NIGERIANS. YESTERDAY ISRAELI'S NEWS PAPER STATED IN HEBREW A COURAGEOUS BRAVE MAN OF AFRICA IS GONE THEY WENT ON TO DESCRIBE OJUKWU AS THEIR AFRICA SON,IN CONCLUSION THEY SEND A CONDOLENCE MESSAGE TO THE PEOPLE OF ANAMBRA AND OLD EASTERN REGION AS A WHOLE ASSURING THAT THEY ARE MOURNING WITH THEM,THE NEWS WENT ON TO SAY THAT AFRICA WOULD HAVE BEEN A DIFFERENT PLANET ONLY IF BIAFRA WAS ACTUALIZED.

what a sensible post. This sums up a lot in the minds of people. Can you assist with a link to the Israeli paper??
Re: Senate Rejects State Burial For Ojukwu by manosteel(m): 11:39am On Dec 02, 2011
BREAKING NEWS---Some mad men escaped from National Psychiatric Hospital, they made away with Laptops and have found their way into Nairaland, our own facebook.  Some of their postings can easly be identified. Be warned.
Re: Senate Rejects State Burial For Ojukwu by Nobody: 11:42am On Dec 02, 2011
NO NIGERIAN LIVING OR DEAD DESERVE A STATE BURIAL
Re: Senate Rejects State Burial For Ojukwu by Wexelion(m): 11:59am On Dec 02, 2011
I don't think Ojukwu will even want a state burial. By the way who asked for a state burial?
Re: Senate Rejects State Burial For Ojukwu by Wexelion(m): 12:02pm On Dec 02, 2011
jerseyboy:

NO NIGERIAN LIVING OR DEAD DESERVE A STATE BURIAL

confirmed
Re: Senate Rejects State Burial For Ojukwu by Wexelion(m): 12:08pm On Dec 02, 2011
manosteel:

BREAKING NEWS---Some mad men escaped from National Psychiatric Hospital, they made away with Laptops and have found their way into Nairaland, our own facebook.  Some of their postings can easly be identified. Be warned.

lol
Re: Senate Rejects State Burial For Ojukwu by 9jaIhail(m): 12:11pm On Dec 02, 2011
holydante:

what a sensible post. This sums up a lot in the minds of people. Can you assist with a link to the Israeli paper??

HERE IS THE LINK. THOUGH IT'S IN HEBREW  http://www.haaretz.co.il/

I HAVE LIVE IN ISRAEL ALL MY LIFE AND I KNOW WHAT BIAFRA ISSUE MEAN FOR THE ISRAELI'S.

1995 TO 1998 ISRAELI GOVERNMENT APPROVED THAT ALL BIAFRANS IS ENTITLE FOR A RESIDENT AND PERMANENT WORKING PERMIT BUT IGBO'S ABUSED THE OPPORTUNITY BY TEACHING YERUBA'S AND OTHER TRIBES OF NIGERIANS IGBO LANGUAGE BECAUSE YOU MUST UNDER GO INTERVIEW BY ISRAELI GOVERNMENT IN THE INTERVIEW ALL QUESTION AND ANSWERS IS CONDUCTED IN IGBO LANGUAGE AS TO BE SURE THAT YOU ARE NOT FROM OTHER TRIBE OF NIGERIA,WHEN ISRAELI GOVERNMENT FOUND OUT THE GAMES IGBO'S ARE PLAYING WITH THEIR FELLOW NIGERIANS BY TEACHING OTHERS WHO ARE NOT ORIGINAL BIAFRANS THE IGBO LANGUAGE THAT LEAD TO  THE CANCELLATION OF THE WORKING PERMIT AND MASSIVE DEPORTATION OF MANY NIGERIANS FROM ISRAEL IN 1998 BE YOU A WORKING PERMIT HOLDER OR A RESIDENT PERMIT HOLDER THEY WILL TOOK IT AND SEND YOU TO THE DEPORTATION CAMP.BECAUSE OF THAT EVENT TILL DATE ALL NIGERIANS IN ISRAEL ARE LIVING ILLEGALS EXCEPT FEW OF US WHO SCHOOLED AND MARRIED THERE ARE FREE.
IGBO'S WERE ABLE TO OBTAIN THIS FAVOR THEN THROUGH A LADY CALL MARIANA A RUSSIAN JEWISH WHO MARRIED TO AN INTELLECTUAL IGBO BUSINESS MAN NAME LINUS BASED IN ISREAL.THE WOMAN IS ONE OF THE NOTABLE HUMAN RIGHT ACTIVIST IN ISRAEL.
Re: Senate Rejects State Burial For Ojukwu by beeke(m): 1:04pm On Dec 02, 2011
Before now i use to feel bad about my lack of "proper" education but not anymore because when i read or hear the so called EDUCATED individual speak i wonder what exactly education do to some of them, even though i dont subscribe to the state burial bull-shit because of it hypocritical nature i cant but ask those attention seekers who really deserves a state burial in Nigeria of today? maybe tomorrow if Buhari and IBB dies then the same people who opposed Ojukwu state burial will recommend one for them because the Nigeria constitution recognize coup plotters and chronic treasure looters. cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry for Nigeria
Re: Senate Rejects State Burial For Ojukwu by olyivy(f): 1:12pm On Dec 02, 2011
Okija_juju:

THANK YOU SENATORS!!!

THANK YOU GOODLUCK EBELE JONATHAN!!!

THANK YOU BABA GOD!!!!!

Atleast I have been re-assured that Nigeria is moving in the right direction.

let the Dead bury their dead. angry

Long Live the Federal Republic Of Nigeria!

[size=13pt]I have told you before to cease from blaming ojukwu for your mothers waywardness. He did not ask her to follow abokis to the north where you were given birth.

Your moma did it because her thing de scratch am well well.

Leave Ojukwu out of your ethnic confusion.[/size]
Re: Senate Rejects State Burial For Ojukwu by ak47mann(m): 1:15pm On Dec 02, 2011
9ja_I_hail:

HERE IS THE LINK. THOUGH IT'S IN HEBREW  http://www.haaretz.co.il/

I HAVE LIVE IN ISRAEL ALL MY LIFE AND I KNOW WHAT BIAFRA ISSUE MEAN FOR THE ISRAELI'S.

1995 TO 1998 ISRAELI GOVERNMENT APPROVED THAT ALL BIAFRANS IS ENTITLE FOR A RESIDENT AND PERMANENT WORKING PERMIT BUT IGBO'S ABUSED THE OPPORTUNITY BY TEACHING YERUBA'S AND OTHER TRIBES OF NIGERIANS IGBO LANGUAGE BECAUSE YOU MUST UNDER GO INTERVIEW BY ISRAELI GOVERNMENT IN THE INTERVIEW ALL QUESTION AND ANSWERS IS CONDUCTED IN IGBO LANGUAGE AS TO BE SURE THAT YOU ARE NOT FROM OTHER TRIBE OF NIGERIA,WHEN ISRAELI GOVERNMENT FOUND OUT THE GAMES IGBO'S ARE PLAYING WITH THEIR FELLOW NIGERIANS BY TEACHING OTHERS WHO ARE NOT ORIGINAL BIAFRANS THE IGBO LANGUAGE THAT LEAD TO  THE CANCELLATION OF THE WORKING PERMIT AND MASSIVE DEPORTATION OF MANY NIGERIANS FROM ISRAEL IN 1998 BE YOU A WORKING PERMIT HOLDER OR A RESIDENT PERMIT HOLDER THEY WILL TOOK IT AND SEND YOU TO THE DEPORTATION CAMP.BECAUSE OF THAT EVENT TILL DATE ALL NIGERIANS IN ISRAEL ARE LIVING ILLEGALS EXCEPT FEW OF US WHO SCHOOLED AND MARRIED THERE ARE FREE.
IGBO'S WERE ABLE TO OBTAIN THIS FAVOR THEN THROUGH A LADY CALL MARIANA A RUSSIAN JEWISH WHO MARRIED TO AN INTELLECTUAL IGBO BUSINESS MAN NAME LINUS BASED IN ISREAL.THE WOMAN IS ONE OF THE NOTABLE HUMAN RIGHT ACTIVIST IN ISRAEL.  

you are right some igbos went to isreal when they gave us those amenities, my cousin was issue an isreal passport  in Nigeria from a rabbi am talking in the 90s, the guy is now qualified chattered accountant in Tel Aviv and he is now a lieutenant  in isreali  commando boats,
Re: Senate Rejects State Burial For Ojukwu by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 1:21pm On Dec 02, 2011

namfav (m)
what expiring date do you ibos talk about, sore losers much and just few months ago you wanted a ibo president now that it is not happening you want nigeria to fail, you have to be slapped 
nigeria will not expire, lets work on interests of the country, and not interests of tribes.

ROTFLMAO!! DREAMER!! That is beyond your almajiri miserable excuse for a life. Take my advice and slap your mother, as islam dictates. Nigeria my foot.
Re: Senate Rejects State Burial For Ojukwu by Intrepid1(m): 1:41pm On Dec 02, 2011
It is extremely annoying when inbred retards like Bluetooth and the rest of his diseased kindred come out in public forums and spew tribalistic crap just because they can. Those pig Zap.e.r.s in the National Assembly who can't tie their shoe laces properly are the ones you applaud because they shot down a request from the South-East? You myopic se.m.en slurpers are utterly disgusting.
Re: Senate Rejects State Burial For Ojukwu by chikis(m): 1:52pm On Dec 02, 2011
ak47mann:

wrap his coffin in the Biafran flag  cool cool
Any time wey your papa die tell them make dem wrapam inside shit. Big fool!
sugar 001:

Thank you to all the senate members that kicked against this arrant nonsense.
You sure say na arrant nonsense? Well they are still debating on the motion. Let see what will be of their final conculusion.
See your head and generation to come as arrant nonesense!
@Bluethooth, since weh I know you, u never ever talk any better thing for nairaland. No wonder your name is bluefilm. Do you think we are acting bluefilm here? You better be seriouse 4 once and post some thing that is good. The most bigest fool on earth! ONUKWU!
Re: Senate Rejects State Burial For Ojukwu by LordNaya: 2:08pm On Dec 02, 2011
Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu Eze Ndi Igbo, Ikemba Nnewi, Dike di ohamma Ndi Igbo, Ochi Agha Ndi Igbo, Ebubedike na Agha1, Odogwu 1, Mmoo ne nkume, Oke Osisi n'ukwu ohia, Agu ne chemba, Nnukwu Mmawu, Aguyi nò na Orimiri1, Onye Chukwu gozir'agozi. Even in death you still terrorize and crush ur idio.tic foes. People still tremble whenever u are discussed, ur name open still open doors. A Nigerian state burial wud mean he is a Nigerian and also validate de comment made by gowon that Ojukwu died a nigerian, when we all know he is a proud Biafran.There is no gain saying that you are a wise, brillant, intelligent, strong, blessed, favoured and great man. Rest in Peace my president.
Re: Senate Rejects State Burial For Ojukwu by Nobody: 2:08pm On Dec 02, 2011
PHUCK State burial! These anti-Biafrans should not put their filthy hands on Ojukwu's coffin.
Re: Senate Rejects State Burial For Ojukwu by ak47mann(m): 2:13pm On Dec 02, 2011
chikis:

Any time wey your papa die tell them make dem wrapam inside poo. Big guy.
look don't just comment rubbish, do you think am not a biafran?
Re: Senate Rejects State Burial For Ojukwu by chakula: 2:22pm On Dec 02, 2011
What A Tragedy?
Re: Senate Rejects State Burial For Ojukwu by LordNaya: 2:33pm On Dec 02, 2011
Chief Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu Eze Ndi Igbo Gburugburu, Ikemba Nnewi, Ochi Agha 1 of Ndi Igbo, Dike di Ohamma Ndi Igbo, Odogwu, Ebebedike Na Agha, Oke Osisi nime Nnukwu Ohia, Oke Mmawu, Mmoo ne Nkume, Agu ne chemba, Dike ha ji ejemba, Aguyi nime Orimiri, General infinitesimo and Supreme commander of the people's army, Onye Chukwu gozir'agozi; even in death you still terrify and crush your idio.tic foes, the wicked ones are afraid and insecure whenever u are discussed ur name is mentioned, ur name still open doors and create ways for the righteous. Giving Ojukwu a state burial wud mean dat he is a Nigerian and also validate gowon comment that Ojukwu died a Nigerian when we all know dat he is a proud Biafran. We all know that Ojukwu was a blessed, favoured, wise, brillant, intelligent, strong and great man who loved God and his people. Rest In Peace mr president
Re: Senate Rejects State Burial For Ojukwu by noiseless: 2:34pm On Dec 02, 2011
HUU HUU HUUUH! I LAUGH IN A PAPA EKERESHIMESHI STYLE WAITE A MUNITE,CAN NIGERIA GIVE WHAT SHE DOESNT HAVE,HOW CAN A BUNCH OF DISHONOURABLE PEOPLE PRETEND TO BE ONES GIVING WHAT THEY DON'T HAVE?THOSE IGBO POLICTHIEFCIANS SHOULD BE VERY CAREFUL WITH THE WAY THEY ARE USING IGBO IN CONDUCTING THEIR SELFISH BUSINESSES,NONSENSE. WE THE TRUE IGBO YOUTHS FREE OF THEIR CORRUPTION,WE MUST REJECT AND FIGHT ANY SHAME THEY OR ANY OTHER CORRUPT IGBO MAN OR THEIR NIGERIAN PARTNERS IN CRIME WILL BRING UPON US THE GOOD IGBO YOUTH NATION.SO JUST LIKE CHINUA ACHEBE REFUSED TO BE DISHONOURED BY THE SAME DISHONOURABLE BUNCH OF LAW BREAKERS (LAW MAKERS).LET NIGERIA RESERVE HER STINKING "HORNOUR" TO HER JIHADS FIGHTERS AND FOCUS HER MENTALLY SICK AND WORST THAN CORRUPT FOCUS.                     ALL WE WANT IS FOR NIGERIA TO HANDS OFF OUR DEAR HERO SO WE CAN GIVE HIM THE VERY HONOUR WE THE TRUE IBO YOUTH NATION WORLD WILD OWE HIM.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   GOODNIGHT OUR DEAR OD UM-EGWU AND THNK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR LOVE.    TUFIAKWA WITH THEIR DISHONOUR.
Re: Senate Rejects State Burial For Ojukwu by CynthiaIfy(f): 3:23pm On Dec 02, 2011
If the Government decides 2 give Ojukwu state burial, well that is their headach. I only wish they will sit down & address the issues & problems facing this country. Ojukwu's death should provide an avenue 4d President and his Governor's to re visit their agenda for Nigeria. He may not have believed in Nigeria, at least he was all honest about it and had his reasons. How many of u believe in Nigeria?
Re: Senate Rejects State Burial For Ojukwu by ceaz4r(m): 4:32pm On Dec 02, 2011
I truely don't know why these tribalists won't let us ( Igbos) be. Even here on Naira Land forum! Must you guys react to any thread concerning the Igbos?! I can't understand this level of Hatred you people have towards the Igbo race. Sometimes I wonder the role of the moderator on this. Some characters on this forum need to be banned from this forum. I am not naming names, 'cos I don't want to be insulted by any low lifer. What you people very much fail to realise is that you are actually using this medium to express your gross hatered towards the Igbos, this, you don't know, is capable of heating up the nation. I will suggest we have an 'Igboland forum' where we can discuss our issues and channel our cause. And if any other tribe especially the yorubas venture into this Igbo forum to run foul as they are known for, they should be hunted down and wasted. Am sick of you people!! Can you people please steer clear from issues concerning us!!!
Re: Senate Rejects State Burial For Ojukwu by Reggie2(m): 6:00pm On Dec 02, 2011
Candidly, it would amount to a disaster if senate had approved a Nigerian state burial for Ojukwu. That will certainly have minimized everything Ojukwu ever represented.

It is still fresh that Chinua Achebe REJECTED a mock honour from the the so called NIGERIAN GOVERNMENT. In his own words "nothing had changed" that made him reject previous honours! For Ojukwu also, nothing had changed from the time he took arms in an attempt to defend his people from obvious hatred and massacre.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Maikanti Baru Visits NSCDC Headquarters In Abuja / 2023: Opposition May Take Over If APC Fails To Manage Its Crisis - Buhari / Court Reinstate Obio/akpor Council Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.