Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,190 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:00 AM

She Has Invested So Much In Me. Now She Want Marriage And I Dont Love Her Anymore. - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / She Has Invested So Much In Me. Now She Want Marriage And I Dont Love Her Anymore. (20759 Views)

Ladies, If He Loves You But Doesn't Want Marriage, Would You Stay Anyway? / After I Invested Fortunes On Him, He Now Says I Stink' - Wife Tells Court / Please Help I Dont Love My Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: She Has Invested So Much In Me. Now She Want Marriage And I Dont Love Her Anymore. by Nobody: 5:17pm On Dec 05, 2011
Ddnt u knw she is2authouritative b4 collecting d moni?.
Ddnt u knw she ddnt like ur mum b4 wasting her tym 4 6?
yrs?.
I bet she has rejected many guys cus of u only for u to bring out HER moni to pay her bk.
U had d oportunity of changing her whyl staying or fleeing fast.
If a man tries such wd me I'll mek his joystick look lyk d last toe on his leg.
Re: She Has Invested So Much In Me. Now She Want Marriage And I Dont Love Her Anymore. by debosky(m): 5:20pm On Dec 05, 2011
Women just don't get it. . . .if the man is already seeking to back out before even marrying the woman, do you think he will change if he marries her?

Let's even assume he has 'chopped' her money - is losing some money not better than marrying someone who is clearly not interested in marrying you or is it better to bear 'Mrs' at all costs? undecided

1 Like

Re: She Has Invested So Much In Me. Now She Want Marriage And I Dont Love Her Anymore. by Nobody: 5:21pm On Dec 05, 2011
Mr. OP, good thing you figured this out BEFORE you married her. Tell her nicely and leave, you wont die. Its her fault for investing in a bad company.
Re: She Has Invested So Much In Me. Now She Want Marriage And I Dont Love Her Anymore. by IbroSaunks(m): 5:23pm On Dec 05, 2011
texazzpete:

All these silly women on NL do not realize that it is far worse punishment for her if he goes ahead to marry her when he doesn't love her.

I can't understand this logic. You think the woman is the victim here yet you're keen on her being further trapped in a loveless marriage?

I agree! I have to say, the guy is doing a very terrible thing. I can't even imagine how she would feel if he eventually dumps her. but sometimes its all about doing what's necessary. whatever heartbreak she goes through from being dumped cannot be as bad as it would be being in a loveless marriage. when one party marries out of guilt, both parties lose a lot.
the op should have ended it much earlier. he obviously never loved her. but marrying her out of pity would be worse.
Re: She Has Invested So Much In Me. Now She Want Marriage And I Dont Love Her Anymore. by thehunted(m): 5:23pm On Dec 05, 2011
ifyalways:

She invested in you while you were busy investing in small girls outside.

She has sowed so therefore she must reap. . .from the same vineyard.

May Amadioha punish anyone who thinks otherwise.

wetin dey worry u sef.

@op
guy,do not marry a girl out of pity. BTW,why would a normal guy date a girl for that long. Babes don finish for naija? Thank her for all she has done for u and move on. Most girls dump their bf of several years when they meet better guys ( better guys like moi). so why cant u dump this babe for your own happiness. If u get into marriaage with someone u dont love, your life will be miserable. Heed my advice o. No mind these ifyalways and jennykanry etc. If a girl had come here to tell us that she wants to quit a relationship cos of your kind of reason,they would advice her to do so.
Re: She Has Invested So Much In Me. Now She Want Marriage And I Dont Love Her Anymore. by AqRiUsAge(f): 5:24pm On Dec 05, 2011
Better now than tomorrow. Better tomorrow than after marriage. If you were to continue with the relationship and marry her, then you'd be commuting the same crime you'd committed all along. Face the drums now, and stand your ground. There is no reason why you should waste one more second of her time.
Re: She Has Invested So Much In Me. Now She Want Marriage And I Dont Love Her Anymore. by Afam4eva(m): 5:27pm On Dec 05, 2011
@OP
Just tell her your mind but not physically. So that she doesn't pour acid on your face. You need to hide that face because that face na long throat. After she picked you from the gutter, cleaned you gave you a hope for tomorrow, you want to dump her? Are you F-ing kidding yourself?
Re: She Has Invested So Much In Me. Now She Want Marriage And I Dont Love Her Anymore. by bonna4u(m): 5:28pm On Dec 05, 2011
@OP. The action you are about to take is bound to turn a sister with a good heart into a bitter sorry wench. Mind you, the repercusion of the rubbish you have thought up in your head may be far reaching affecting also some innocent brothers out there.
Re: She Has Invested So Much In Me. Now She Want Marriage And I Dont Love Her Anymore. by kalmebad(f): 5:29pm On Dec 05, 2011
Let me also state clearly here that no one is compelling the guy to marry this lady but not after 6years, get the point, you all that blab, let truth be told for once, 6years is not 6days nor months, but 6years, did he not realize this at least after the first year?? haba, can we ever throw sentiments away for once and stand for truth that it may set us free?

If a girl appeal to you,that you could go as far sleeping with her, then what are we talking here, cus i would only sleep with someone who i know i could marry if it gets to that. Does it work differently for people here and if it does, why waiting till after 6years

May God punish you and all your generations cus now u make me angry, angry because that lady would have been your sister, cousin or anything other than a girlfriend. Some of you call God a fool, wait and see how the rest of your years unfold,if at all you have many to live, cus people like you should not be amidst this generation.

My point is clear, for those of you who jump line in reading, 1yr or 2years could be acceptable but not 6years.
Re: She Has Invested So Much In Me. Now She Want Marriage And I Dont Love Her Anymore. by ajadek(m): 5:32pm On Dec 05, 2011
I know u promise her love everlasting b4 she began spending on u,but its fade because many idols in u,unnecesary excuse,guy am a man like u,if u find a woman dat love u better take ur chance than to be running after a ladys dat doest love u,let convinence bring  love even if theres no love.apreciate wat u av now b4 u loose it, consider her time,money,sexualy u looted.anyway i can't force u but out of 3 mention,time,sexualy and her money,make sure u reture one,let say pay her back in 6fold b4 u go and maried jelila or kafafa or ruka in ur village.
Re: She Has Invested So Much In Me. Now She Want Marriage And I Dont Love Her Anymore. by Busybody2(f): 5:32pm On Dec 05, 2011
texazzpete:

All these silly women on NL do not realize that it is far worse punishment for her if he goes ahead to marry her when he doesn't love her.

I can't understand this logic. You think the woman is the victim here yet you're keen on her being further trapped in a loveless marriage?

debosky:

Women just don't get it. . . .if the man is already seeking to back out before even marrying the woman, do you think he will change if he marries her?

Let's even assume he has 'chopped' her money - is losing some money not better than marrying someone who is clearly not interested in marrying you or is it better to bear 'Mrs' at all costs? undecided

We . . .erm. . .they get it wink

Nigerian women would not know love if it hit them, smack right in their face cheesy Wetin that gats to do with the price of fresh fish in the market cheesy

The endtime goal is to get a ring on their marriage finger at all cost, and once they achieve this aim, no hell or high water fit commot the ring from the rightful place, marriage na do or die affair grin If the man is cheating on them, you hear myriad of excuses ranging from the ridiculous "the girl must have jazzed him" to the outrightlynoutlandishly ludicrous "it is the devil that don't want your marriage to last", and pep talks from older women who have been married longer about hanging in there because they are the one wearing the ring/they are the one under his roof/they are Mrs Somebody/they will suffer if the man kicks them out and other nauseating asinine advices. . . embarassed

And so help us God lipsrsealed cool
Re: She Has Invested So Much In Me. Now She Want Marriage And I Dont Love Her Anymore. by andyanders: 5:33pm On Dec 05, 2011
Listen poster, you cannot run away from your wickedness. Why must you allow her spend her hard earned money on her and allow her to waste her youth helping you and you now want to pay her back by turning away from her. Listen, you can run but cannot hide. Wherever your run to, your sins will follow you, If you like, carry your new found lover to the moon, you will have problem. The ONLY way you can be forgiven will be if she allows you to go without a curse.

You have eaten the devils food and you must pay for it. The worst thing you can do will be to use someone and dumb the person.
You sound wicked
Re: She Has Invested So Much In Me. Now She Want Marriage And I Dont Love Her Anymore. by Nobody: 5:34pm On Dec 05, 2011
@Op, end case scenario, i see her chasing u with a gun, so get a bullet proof vest, it's gonna be coming in hot
Re: She Has Invested So Much In Me. Now She Want Marriage And I Dont Love Her Anymore. by chinnyonwu(m): 5:39pm On Dec 05, 2011
Abeg don't maRry someone Ʋ don't love, ℓ۞ℓ @ ''female investors''
Re: She Has Invested So Much In Me. Now She Want Marriage And I Dont Love Her Anymore. by Nobody: 5:41pm On Dec 05, 2011
Tnk God say I no get DAT kind moni to dash person. I still am to carry do mother xmas
Re: She Has Invested So Much In Me. Now She Want Marriage And I Dont Love Her Anymore. by freepeople: 5:42pm On Dec 05, 2011
Elizadath:

We met in schl. She was lucky to get a very good job while i am looking for one. She invested all she had on me. This is the 6th yr of this relationship. I have tried all means to cut her off but she won't let go. My problem is that i can't say it to her face that i am no more in love with her. Cos i dnt wnt to hurt her. Now i have found my dear love. She is asking for marriage but i  can't  marry her; i want to get married too (but, ) pls help me what do i do now am so confuse

Will I call that an investment - NAH! She gambled on you and lost. Her investment in you could not yield returns. Since there is no written or oral agreement, I consider this issue a bygone conclusion. Shiiit happens at times. It's a pity. We don't marry out of sympathy. Inform her of your decision tomorrow morning. Her heart will break, but she wont die. After all, thousands of men passes through similar predicament every year
Re: She Has Invested So Much In Me. Now She Want Marriage And I Dont Love Her Anymore. by thehunted(m): 5:48pm On Dec 05, 2011
kalmebad:

May God punish you and all your generations cus now u make me angry, angry because that lady would have been your sister, cousin or anything other than a girlfriend. Some of you call God a fool,  wait and see how the rest of your years unfold,if at all you have many to live, cus people like you should not be amidst this generation.

My point is clear, for those of you who jump line in reading, 1yr or 2years could be acceptable but not 6years.

aunty, take am easy o. Haba,why are u cursing the op? Cos he want to be happy?
Re: She Has Invested So Much In Me. Now She Want Marriage And I Dont Love Her Anymore. by Nobody: 5:54pm On Dec 05, 2011
Hello Poster, I really feel annoyed with you for ending someone's six good years.
But alas it solution that you need.

My point if for six solid years you have been in love with this girl, then I bet you love her.
You need to step back and ask yourself questions, What are those things in her that held you in sway for six good years, Just remind yourself.

Some times when a girl becomes too close, and acts like she own's you, you begin to yearn for a change and distance yourself. But it really does not mean you no longer find her adorable.

If you can stop loving someone after five good years, I bet you will not love even you new girlfriend for more than 6 years either.
Re: She Has Invested So Much In Me. Now She Want Marriage And I Dont Love Her Anymore. by andyanders: 5:59pm On Dec 05, 2011
@kalmebad

Thank you for your contribution. Allow him nd those encouraging him for this evil. He will suffer it
Re: She Has Invested So Much In Me. Now She Want Marriage And I Dont Love Her Anymore. by waistbead: 6:02pm On Dec 05, 2011
Otondo,u like her mony but u don't want to marry her.okija shrine must surely visit u,if u don't do d right ting.
Re: She Has Invested So Much In Me. Now She Want Marriage And I Dont Love Her Anymore. by greggng: 6:03pm On Dec 05, 2011
please get me her phone number so that i can negotiate marriage with her. all my life i have being spending for ladies non has spent for me. look at you that have an angel spending for you and yet you are comfortable telling us you don't love her. You are a gold digger. i wish i can marry her to make you regret your action. You might marry the new girl and you will never have a child until she can forgive you. Is a shame you are about to lose an angel. Go for deliverance now
Re: She Has Invested So Much In Me. Now She Want Marriage And I Dont Love Her Anymore. by chinweub: 6:06pm On Dec 05, 2011
@Op

You are walking a tight rope,  6 years investment of money and time , that is life long investment, you are about to throw under the bus lipsrsealed lipsrsealed undecided undecided

You should consider throwing a party for all that have adviced you here  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed don't eat her money alone and we offer advice for free
Re: She Has Invested So Much In Me. Now She Want Marriage And I Dont Love Her Anymore. by debosky(m): 6:10pm On Dec 05, 2011
kalmebad:

Let me also state clearly here that no one is compelling the guy to marry this lady but not after 6years, get the point, you all that blab, let truth be told for once, 6years is not 6days nor months, but 6years, did he not realize this at least after the first year?? haba, can we ever throw sentiments away for once and stand for truth that it may set us free?

Even people who get married change their minds after years and get divorced, so what is so strange about someone changing his mind in a relationship? If we throw sentiments away, we need to separate 'spending' and a relationship.

If a girl appeal to you,that you could go as far sleeping with her, then what are we talking here, cus i would only sleep with someone who i know i could marry if it gets to that. Does it work differently for people here and if it does, why waiting till after 6years

We are not talking about YOU here - others may have a different view or experience. If any girl in 2011 thinks that a man will marry her simply because he has been shagging her for years she needs to get her head checked.

May God punish you and all your generations cus now u make me angry, angry because that lady would have been your sister, cousin or anything other than a girlfriend. Some of you call God a fool,  wait and see how the rest of your years unfold,if at all you have many to live, cus people like you should not be amidst this generation.

Keep your curses to yourself and let God judge. It is too easy to pass judgement on someone without knowing the details. His honesty is a good thing, even if it is belated. That's what happens in relationships, you win some you lose some.

1 Like

Re: She Has Invested So Much In Me. Now She Want Marriage And I Dont Love Her Anymore. by andyanders: 6:12pm On Dec 05, 2011
@greggng

Thank you for your contribution/ Allow that foo--l to take a walk that he will regret. He needs deliverance
Re: She Has Invested So Much In Me. Now She Want Marriage And I Dont Love Her Anymore. by Nobody: 6:14pm On Dec 05, 2011
@op

It seems you have started earning money and suddenly you got this confidence that you can still get other chics.

To be honest with you, I have been in similar position without the money part, those other girl you think you love, you don't you are just trying to play around a while given that you now have the means of doing so. Ask yourself if the new girl who claims to love you coz of your presently status would have said same six years ago? Am sure by the time you get honest answer to this question that would help you make a better decision.

As for her saying she will kill you if you leave, na story! story!!
Re: She Has Invested So Much In Me. Now She Want Marriage And I Dont Love Her Anymore. by Skii(m): 6:14pm On Dec 05, 2011
KenGali:

Hello Poster, I really feel annoyed with you for ending someone's six good years.
But alas it solution that you need.

My point if for six solid years you have been in love with this girl, then I bet you love her.
You need to step back and ask yourself questions, What are those things in her that held you in sway for six good years, Just remind yourself.

Some times when a girl becomes too close, and acts like she own's you, you begin to yearn for a change and distance yourself. But it really does not mean you no longer find her adorable.

If you can stop loving someone after five good years, I bet you will not love even you new girlfriend for more than 6 years either.

Just as I hit the reply button, I saw that this has been posted and I share almost similar thoughts.

In my own opinion, the threshold for the sustainabilty of a relationship is between 2 to 4 years. 4 years MAXIMUM. If you made it through 6years, you can do it for life. Since you say this lady was more or less taking care of you, doing a quick calculation from when she might have started earning income enough to spare for someone else, i suggest that she must not be younger than 29 HIGHEST!! Hence her seeming desperation.

The reasons you are giving for ending this relationship are not tangible. I also agree with someone who calls for the other side of the story. I also believe that you might be suddenly apprehensive of what the future might hold in such a marriage that would have such a history of being "raised by your wife". You would rather opt for a new, fresh relationship where you can exert your male ego/dominance over someone else.

Well here is my take, sit back and examine your motives as someone has said. Be objective and truthful enough to yourself as to why you want to end the relationship. What has changed in 6years. Separate any present illusions born out of temporal attraction/affections for any other lady that you may have gotten close to recently. Love in the sense of true love can sometimes appear to be emotionless.
Re: She Has Invested So Much In Me. Now She Want Marriage And I Dont Love Her Anymore. by dayokanu(m): 6:24pm On Dec 05, 2011
Ok The bad guy is here. grin grin grin

First of all I blame you for taking money from her, I never encourage anyone to take money from their partner when they are not married if you have a feeling the partner is hoping the money spent is to secure the relationship.

Second I blame the girl for spending to keep a man. Its wrong to spend to keep a partner very wrong

SOLUTION: This is the Dayokanu 9-9-9 plan. Its two pronged. angry cheesy cheesy

Tell her you dont love her no more and you want out but if she still continue hollering, threatening and shouting  tell her would she agree to you marrying her while cheating blatantly, That in some cases you might even sleep out for days with your girlfriends. Tell her explicitly. YOU ARE NOT MARRYING HER FOR LOVE BUT FOR PITY. And you would explore your love options outside.

If she agrees then tell her to get a lawyer and her parents to sign the document so in future she wont accuse you of cheating.

SECOND PLAN is the ultimate guy-man plan.

Get a friend of your she doesnt know. Give him her phone number let him start calling her and try to toast her or maybe meet her somewhere.

if she is complying on the day of meeting go there and burst them and call the relationship off there and then. She would come begging but you wont concede and marry your new babe ASAp. (Always remember to watch your back though cos she might kill you)

If you perceive she is not playing along, Let the guy start sending love text to her, One day when you are together at night let him call or text her and snatch the phone, raise Hell and kick her out immediately

Thank me later wink wink wink wink
Re: She Has Invested So Much In Me. Now She Want Marriage And I Dont Love Her Anymore. by Nobody: 6:29pm On Dec 05, 2011
//
Re: She Has Invested So Much In Me. Now She Want Marriage And I Dont Love Her Anymore. by Nobody: 6:31pm On Dec 05, 2011
Dayo ori'e o'kpe grin grin cheesy . You have become NLDs  Agony aunt
Re: She Has Invested So Much In Me. Now She Want Marriage And I Dont Love Her Anymore. by Skii(m): 6:33pm On Dec 05, 2011
dayokanu:

Ok The bad guy is here. grin grin grin

First of all I blame you for taking money from her, I never encourage anyone to take money from their partner when they are not married if you have a feeling the partner is hoping the money spent is to secure the relationship.

Second I blame the girl for spending to keep a man. Its wrong to spend to keep a partner very wrong

SOLUTION: This is the Dayokanu 9-9-9 plan. Its two pronged. angry cheesy cheesy

Tell her you dont love her no more and you want out but if she still continue hollering, threatening and shouting  tell her would she agree to you marrying her while cheating blatantly, That in some cases you might even sleep out for days with your girlfriends. Tell her explicitly. YOU ARE NOT MARRYING HER FOR LOVE BUT FOR PITY. And you would explore your love options outside.

If she agrees then tell her to get a lawyer and her parents to sign the document so in future she wont accuse you of cheating.

Get a friend of your she doesnt know. Give him her phone number let him start calling her and try to toast her or maybe meet her somewhere.

if she is complying on the day of meeting go there and burst them and call the relationship off there and then. She would come begging but you wont concede and marry your new babe ASAp. (Always remember to watch your back though cos she might kill you)

If you perceive she is not playing along, Let the guy start sending love text to her, One day when you are together at night let him call or text her and snatch the phone, raise Hell and kick her out immediately

He can also actually set himself up with his padi ( a guy) and have her walk in on them. BUSTED!!

Then he will go and cry to her apologising saying "Its what I have been trying to tell you"

wink
Re: She Has Invested So Much In Me. Now She Want Marriage And I Dont Love Her Anymore. by coogar: 6:34pm On Dec 05, 2011
dayokanu:

the plan is lame.

the best way of getting rid of a babe is to make her feel she's the one dumping you. they relish in that kind of victory that the man is a jerk.
so let the op set up a scenario. . . . .he forgot to log out his email/facebook/whatever whatever. his friends would have loaded that email with plenty of sassy mails from strings of women and even babymomma! if the girl has any dignity, that should make her go angry and she would be the one dumping the op!
Re: She Has Invested So Much In Me. Now She Want Marriage And I Dont Love Her Anymore. by Nobody: 6:37pm On Dec 05, 2011
//

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? / How Do I Stop My Kids From Fighting? / Are You Sexualizing Your Children?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.