Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,061 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:22 AM

How Best To Forget A Crush? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Best To Forget A Crush? (7670 Views)

How Do You Totally Forgive And Forget A Cheating Spouse / 5 Tips On How To Forget Someone / Best Way To Forget About A Girl You Love That Doesnt Care About U (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Best To Forget A Crush? by nawfia(m): 8:05am On Dec 07, 2011
Hi all,

I was here some months back seeking help on the best way to propose to my girlfriend of 4years, we have fixed our introduction and traditional marriage for 3rd january 2012, but am having double mind,

Am thinking of calling off the wedding, there is this particular girl that works in an audit firm opposite my office, met her a few weeks ago, gosh, where do i start, she is the most intelligent girl i have ever seen, i cherish her company so much, everything about her is so perfect, i droll and think of her all the time, have asked her out and even though she has not yet given me a direct answer, i know she will succumb someday, spending the night/weekend with her is so blissful, she even knows how to play my favourite PS winning eleven, am so thrilled, a great cook and keeps my house sparkling clean each tym she comes for a visit,

I have prayed for this feeling to go away all to no avail, i dont want to disappoint my fiance, she has been so nice and helpful to me, her people have been so nice to me all thruout our dating years and am like a son to her mum, the woman believes so much in me, i can handle my mum and sisters questions but how do i explain to her family??

please i will appreciate if anybody can advice me on the best way or method i can use to forget about this new girl and focus on my impending marriage, am seriously losing it,
Re: How Best To Forget A Crush? by Andrew3(m): 8:12am On Dec 07, 2011
Here you go, divergent ascendancy from each of then means only you can cinch which one of them is more propitious.
Polygamy is not a taboo in africa you can still wink wink wink wink
Re: How Best To Forget A Crush? by Nobody: 8:14am On Dec 07, 2011
so simple this feelings you have for this new lady will fade away as time goes on and you will come back here on Nl again to seek for another advice that you found someone you love again.
Listen my brother the truth is that Love shacks at first if you can cut off your proposed future wedding because of a new girl who knows how to play ps,cook,clean your house i am sure when you see the one that can fly a Plane you will surely drp this new one , goodluck in your decision.
Re: How Best To Forget A Crush? by freecocoa(f): 8:48am On Dec 07, 2011
So playing PS is a plus and means intelligence? That means I'm a guru then,OP I'll whoop your a.ss, been playing since I can remember,there's no biggie in it,you want to throw away a four years relationship cos you are fascinated with a ps playing girl,I mean like Bandlejay said,what will happen if you meet a lady that can fly a plane?just get your head together,I'm sure in time it'll pass,stop hanging with this chic and concentrate on your girl,except you were already tired of her before this new girl happened in which case you have some serious thinking to do but if its just for chance at playing steady ps with the new girl then I'm sure you are making a mistake believe me,you'll tire of her and the game anyways cos at a point you'll start complaining that she plays way too much of it,trust me I got that a lot.
Re: How Best To Forget A Crush? by Adaeze003(f): 9:11am On Dec 07, 2011
The poor girl is preparing for her introduction and you are asking another girl out? WTF! Its guys like you that make me wanna go GAGA! Why did you propose if you were not sure? angry
Re: How Best To Forget A Crush? by cynthiafred67(f): 9:12am On Dec 07, 2011
u can't just trow away a 4 year relationship just because of some new chic who u hardly know, my advice is u stay away from her, and concentrate on ur wedding plans unless u don't really love ur fiancee.
Re: How Best To Forget A Crush? by Andrew3(m): 9:14am On Dec 07, 2011
cynthiafred67:

u can't just trow away a 4 year relationship just because of some new chic who u hardly know, my advice is u stay away from her, and concentrate on your wedding plans unless u don't really love your fiancee.
cynthia may we make some wedding plans? wink wink wink wink
Re: How Best To Forget A Crush? by nawfia(m): 9:19am On Dec 07, 2011
Adaeze003:

The poor girl is preparing for her introduction and you are asking another girl out? WTF! Its guys like you that make me wanna go GAGA! Why did you propose if you were not sure? angry

Dont judge me dear, wouldnt be here if i dont have a conscience,

freecocoa:

So playing PS is a plus and means intelligence? That means I'm a guru then,OP I'll whoop your behind, been playing since I can remember,there's no biggie in it,you want to throw away a four years relationship cos you are fascinated with a ps playing girl,I mean like Bandlejay said,what will happen if you meet a lady that can fly a plane?just get your head together,I'm sure in time it'll pass,stop hanging with this chic and concentrate on your girl,except you were already tired of her before this new girl happened in which case you have some serious thinking to do but if its just for chance at playing steady ps with the new girl then I'm sure you are making a mistake believe me,you'll tire of her and the game anyways cos at a point you'll start complaining that she plays way too much of it,trust me I got that a lot.

lol, dont be too sure, i have 13years experience dear, PS 1,2,3, X-BOX kinetic, bring it on,
Re: How Best To Forget A Crush? by freecocoa(f): 9:43am On Dec 07, 2011
nawfia:

lol, dont be too sure, i have 13years experience dear, PS 1,2,3, X-BOX kinetic, bring it on,
Oh well I handled my first pad in 2001 so I guess I'll give it to you,but remember its not who started playing first,I know how to use my cheats*winks* but seriously think about what I said in the post and do the right thing,goodluck.
Re: How Best To Forget A Crush? by 195(f): 9:44am On Dec 07, 2011
freecocoa:

Oh well I handled my first pad in 2001 so I guess I'll give it to you,but remember its not who started playing first,I know how to use my cheats*winks* but seriously think about what I said in the post and do the right thing,goodluck.
sad sad
Re: How Best To Forget A Crush? by tutuwater(m): 9:55am On Dec 07, 2011
@ op
would you stop day dreaming an face the reality of life. You are in a relationship so why dont you tell the new girl that you are in a relationship and see if you wont outgrow the crush?
Re: How Best To Forget A Crush? by cynthiafred67(f): 10:03am On Dec 07, 2011
::Andrew:::

cynthia may we make some wedding plans? wink wink wink wink

^^ Why
Re: How Best To Forget A Crush? by Skii(m): 10:04am On Dec 07, 2011
OP, look for a poster named Sleek Reek, bet he has got an answer for u
Re: How Best To Forget A Crush? by Adaeze003(f): 10:09am On Dec 07, 2011
@ op
I'm not in any way judging you. You should not be looking outside as far as you 've put a ring on someone's finger. What were you expecting when you started this thread? A pat on the back?  undecided
Re: How Best To Forget A Crush? by pendo89(f): 10:10am On Dec 07, 2011
lemmie be honest with you.
In this life there will always be a beautiful and more intelligent woman than the one you choose to settle down with.
God is fair enough and he wants everybody to settle down with the best.It his way of giving everybody a fair chance.
Now ask yourself, if what you are attracted to is enough to last you a lifetime. How long have you u known this new chick cz all these acts shes putting up to entice can disappear in shortwhile.
You have not spoken bad about the gal u intend to marry.She's a treasure. So why are you blinded by this other one?
Do yourself a favour and put this new love to test.See if its true or fake then decide where your heart lays before you marry!
And walk the earth knowing that you will meet more beautiful and intelligent ladies elsewhere. How long will you keep playing the game? It takes maturity to settle down in marriage and being able to overlook other women's attractiveness and loving your wife regardless is part of it.

Oh u asked for the method? okay here' is mine.

1. Stop her from coming to your house.
2. Spend more time talking with your gal than her.
3. Avoid her as much as you can.Stop looking her direction or going to  her desk.
4. Delete her number.
5. Repeat all the above and see if you still harbour feelings.

You are experiencing a crash and crashes come and go.They only germinate when you feed and water them.
So try suffocating it.
If you still feel her after trying all to avoid her,postpone your wedding please.You don't want to become adulterous 2 weeks into your wedding.
Re: How Best To Forget A Crush? by Andrew3(m): 12:02pm On Dec 07, 2011
cynthiafred67:

^^ Why
Because for this reason a man will leave his mother and father and stick to his cynthia wink wink wink wink
Re: How Best To Forget A Crush? by LongOne1(m): 12:45pm On Dec 07, 2011
People occasionally experience pre-marital cold feet, and long for the thrill of a new relationship to reassure themselves of their value/worth. Therefore, what you are going through is normal.

What you need to do is work on your mindset, in addition to the other suggestions. Everything begins in the mind; battles/wars are won in the mind. If you can make up your mind to forget about her, then you will.

Marriage itself is a battlefield, and if you can’t control your urges/feelings now, when you get there, it will only get worse.
There is a saying that goes “give the devil an inch, and he’ll take a mile”. My advice to you if you survive this, is to avoid temptation by not being overly friendly towards women as they are obviously ‘feeling the boy’. Create a boundary, and be determined not to cross it, whatever happens.

Wish you marital bliss. . .
P.S. don’t forget to come back with your testimony next year, lol.
Re: How Best To Forget A Crush? by otokx(m): 2:01pm On Dec 07, 2011
If you play with fire it may burn you; once you have put your hand to the plough there is no turning back. Better count the costs before going to war, you may end up loosing both girls.
Re: How Best To Forget A Crush? by eghost247(m): 3:00pm On Dec 07, 2011
infatuation
Re: How Best To Forget A Crush? by maxtum(m): 3:06pm On Dec 07, 2011
LOL! am an expert in cases like this!!! lol!

@Op you don dey craze!! bees dey play drum for your head? you want make Ogun kill you?

SEE THIS YEYE BOI!!!

How would you ever think of breaking up with your supposed babe all becuz of one thing called girl next door!! see what lagos traffic has caused!!!!

You even have the guts to say she comes to your house to clean!!

THE MOST PAINFUL PART IS THAT, YOU NEVA BLEEP THE GIRL SELF!!!! angry angry angry

From your post, i can tell what is wrong with you!!! NA LUST!!!

if you bleep the girl like 20 times, na anoda story you go dey talk!

See your oju kokoro mouth and eyes!, common go back to your old yam and continue to eat it till death( in marriage) do you both apart! wink wink
Re: How Best To Forget A Crush? by otokx(m): 3:09pm On Dec 07, 2011
I just remembered the best way for you to forget; hand her over to us for further processing.
Re: How Best To Forget A Crush? by pinkrex(m): 3:26pm On Dec 07, 2011
That miss PS2 of 2011 wants a PS2 husband grin grin grin

Omo I go trash you if you near me lipsrsealed undecided
Re: How Best To Forget A Crush? by IbroSaunks(m): 3:29pm On Dec 07, 2011
the best way to get over a crush is to find other distractions, say for instance, focusing  on wedding plans, and work, trying to do stuff that would make u think of the person less, the next step is avoidance, out of site IS out of mind.
u can also try telling her bout ur marriage, if she is decent enough she would give u space,
I wouldnt b quick to judge u, we r all human beings and no one is perfect, but don't screw it up sha,
Re: How Best To Forget A Crush? by Oluchi007(f): 3:36pm On Dec 07, 2011
To rephrase a famous quote by Margaret Thatcher: starve your feelings of the oxygen of publicity,
Re: How Best To Forget A Crush? by Egbagirl(f): 3:44pm On Dec 07, 2011
nawfia:

Hi all,

I was here some months back seeking help on the best way to propose to my girlfriend of 4years, we have fixed our introduction and traditional marriage for 3rd january 2012, but am having double mind,

Am thinking of calling off the wedding, there is this particular girl that works in an audit firm opposite my office, met her a few weeks ago, gosh, where do i start, she is the most intelligent girl i have ever seen, i cherish her company so much, everything about her is so perfect, i droll and think of her all the time, have asked her out and even though she has not yet given me a direct answer, i know she will succumb someday, spending the night/weekend with her is so blissful, she even knows how to play my favourite PS winning eleven, am so thrilled, a great cook and keeps my house sparkling clean each tym she comes for a visit,

I have prayed for this feeling to go away all to no avail, i d[b]ont want to disappoint my fiance,[/b] s[b]he has been so nice and  helpful to me, her people have been so nice to me all thruout our dating years and am like a son to her mum, the woman believes so much in me, i can handle my mum and sisters questions but how do i explain to her family??[/b]

please i will appreciate if anybody can advice me on the best way or method i can use to forget about this new girl and focus on my impending marriage, am seriously losing it,

So, in short, you dont want to call off the wedding because:

you dont want to disappoint your fiancée
you dont want to let the family down because they believe in you
you dont know how to explain to the family that you will not be able to marry their daughter
they have been really nice to you and you are like a son to them.

Im really sorry for your wife if you do end up marrying her. Frankly, I dont think you are ready for marriage. It also seems like you do not know what you want in a wife.
Re: How Best To Forget A Crush? by Jenifa1: 3:44pm On Dec 07, 2011
how best to forget a crush? SELF-DISCIPLINE/ SELF-CONTROL
stay away from her and other females you are friendly with. Guys who can't control themselves shouldn't be keeping female friends.
Play PS-3 with your male friends. don't you have any?

there really isn't any other advice besides self-discipline.
imagine you are not married yet and can't control your self. how will you be capable of becoming a responsible husband and father?

and usually guys who are prone to cheating are also given to other irresponsible acts like missing work, absent in their children's lives, drinking, lack of spirituality etc. It's all due to the lack of discipline and responsibility.

this thread you created about having four-some with cousins is an example. I don't really know why you are even planning to marry. People like you should be banned from getting married. lol
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=570983.msg7364567#msg7364567
Re: How Best To Forget A Crush? by jacob05(m): 3:48pm On Dec 07, 2011
if you like her for her PS skills why not teach your fiance how to play it too even better,
Re: How Best To Forget A Crush? by Ninapha(f): 3:55pm On Dec 07, 2011
Tell the new girl about ur wife-to-be. Tell ur wife-to-be about her too and if possible arrange for the two to meet and u will see the crush spirit delivered grin But seriously arrange a meeting and introduce ur woman to the new girl and u wont feel like going extra miles with her thats if u really wish to do the right thing.
Re: How Best To Forget A Crush? by Intrepid1(m): 4:22pm On Dec 07, 2011
The OP is a Zap.i.n.g liar. He does not have any rubbish fiancee and did not meet any rubbish girl of his night-of-a-thousand-laughs dreams. Dude randomly posts rubbish fantasies hoping to elicit reactions from peeps. Disregard this bullshit, jare!

Any retard with an internet connection can go online and spew rubbish.
Re: How Best To Forget A Crush? by ImaIma1(f): 4:23pm On Dec 07, 2011
Nawfia i cn categorically say that you r not a serious man. why would u ask a girl to marry u when u r not ready to forsake others?

its really ojokokoro cockroach eye that is worrying u. people like u r never satisfied with what u have. u will alwys be admiring other things.

if u marry the new girl now, u might start liking her sister or cousin and realise that they even more intelligent and they play PS 1, 2, 3, 4, 5- 10 sef and XBOX or whateva.

abeg grow up and grow a pair!!!! u dont seem like husband material.
Re: How Best To Forget A Crush? by bekay911(f): 4:37pm On Dec 07, 2011
If ur marrying cos of PS boi i fink am on ur wifey list.
U r just avin a crush based on mere attraction wen d dust settles i fink u will see clearly. Tell er u av a fiancee den watch her reaction from dat day onwards and stop takin advantage of an innocent gal.
Re: How Best To Forget A Crush? by tree0flife(m): 4:48pm On Dec 07, 2011
I think you are just cheating on your fiancee. Maybe u don't deserve her after all. Otherwise how can u still be looking out when u've fixed a wedding date? Marriage is about DECIDING to STAY with one person in spite of the several 'WONDERFUL' ones out there. That's why its not meant for boys. Grow up my friend.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What It Is Like For A Woman To Receive Double Penetration. / Trust Vs Love / 5 Likely Ways To Avoid Being Cheap To A Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.