Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,266 members, 7,815,436 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:24 PM

Igbo Traders Count Losses After The Kaduna Bomb Blast - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Traders Count Losses After The Kaduna Bomb Blast (6024 Views)

NEMA Officials Arriving Kaduna Bomb Scene An Hour After Blast (Photo) / Jonathan Calls Buhari Over Kaduna Bomb Blast / Video Of Kaduna Bomb Blast- Viewers Discretion Is Advised (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Traders Count Losses After The Kaduna Bomb Blast by EzeUche(m): 10:10pm On Dec 08, 2011
I still cannot fathom why Igbos would want to live up North.

Life is more important than money.
Re: Igbo Traders Count Losses After The Kaduna Bomb Blast by Ejine(m): 10:26pm On Dec 08, 2011
EzeUche:

It's all about business competition, actually. Most wouldn't want to commute in a place like Onitsha, because there are about 600,000 traders who still deal with the type of stuff they do, hence stiff competition.
But when their shops are situated in the North (a place where the majority are into nomadic livestock farming), you see their businesses flourishing because there aren't much traders to challenge them with equal things of better quality.
It's that simple, really.
Re: Igbo Traders Count Losses After The Kaduna Bomb Blast by Chyz2: 10:30pm On Dec 08, 2011
Ejiné:

It's all about business competition, actually. Most wouldn't want to commute in a place like Onitsha, because there are about 600,000 traders who still deal with the type of stuff they do, hence stiff competition.
But when their shops are situated in the North (a place where the majority are into nomadic livestock farming), you see their businesses flourishing because there aren't much traders to challenge them with equal things of better quality.

I think i'm going to open up a life insurence business in the East and require every Igbo moving to the north to live to sign for it because their families back home are gonna need it.
Re: Igbo Traders Count Losses After The Kaduna Bomb Blast by AndreUweh(m): 11:02pm On Dec 08, 2011
Ejiné:

Well put.
Re: Igbo Traders Count Losses After The Kaduna Bomb Blast by ezeagu(m): 12:36am On Dec 09, 2011
I wouldn't live up north if there was a giant magical leprechaun dashing gold to every non-Northerner he meets there.
Re: Igbo Traders Count Losses After The Kaduna Bomb Blast by Onlytruth(m): 1:25am On Dec 09, 2011
Ejiné:

You are right, until we throw in the "Life" factor, then suddenly the scale swings back to relocating to the East even if the profit making is lesser there. Ndigbo should learn to value their lives over any profit.
Anyway, if things continue this way, O bughi mmadu ga agwa ha ka ha si ebe ahu gbalata.
I blame our governors for not rising to the challenge of relocating them.
This is one of the reasons why I regret supporting Peter Obi over Charles Soludo for Anambra governorship.
Soludo understands these types of things. Peter Obi na local man. cry
Re: Igbo Traders Count Losses After The Kaduna Bomb Blast by asha80(m): 1:29am On Dec 09, 2011
Onlytruth:

You are right, until we throw in the "Life" factor, then suddenly the scale swings back to relocating to the East even if the profit making is lesser there. Ndigbo should learn to value their lives over any profit.
Anyway, if things continue this way, O bughi mmadu ga agwa ha ka ha si ebe ahu gbalata.
I blame our governors for not rising to the challenge of relocating them.
This is one of the reasons why I regret supporting Peter Obi over Charles Soludo for Anambra governorship.
Soludo understands these types of things. Peter Obi na local man. cry

explain what you mean by this.
Re: Igbo Traders Count Losses After The Kaduna Bomb Blast by Onlytruth(m): 1:39am On Dec 09, 2011
asha 80:

explain what you mean by this.

I meant that Soludo was talking about transforming Anambra state into a major international business location like Dubai or far East. That may have been too broad, but I think he wanted to expand business infrastructure in the state to accommodate more traders/business people. I criticized it then by arguing that Anambra should be more than just a business state, but with all these northern nonsense, I think his idea may have sucked back these Igbos trapped in the North. Just thinking. .
Re: Igbo Traders Count Losses After The Kaduna Bomb Blast by asha80(m): 1:48am On Dec 09, 2011
Onlytruth:

I meant that Soludo was talking about transforming Anambra state into a major international business location like Dubai or far East. That may have been too broad, but I think he wanted to expand business infrastructure in the state to accommodate more traders/business people. I criticized it then by arguing that Anambra should be more than just a business state, but with all these northern nonsense, I think his idea may have sucked back these Igbos trapped in the North. Just thinking. .

i actually feel anambra had more deep sitted issues (collaspsing education,no secretariate,shambolic health sector,some road issues etc) to have a soludo whom i think his ideas are business elitist.he probably would be right for the seat in 2014.some people might disagree with me but i think peter obi came at a time he like was needed(frugal approach).maybe soludo would be better at negotiating borrowed funds(which would have to do eventually if you ask me) in the further development of business related infrastructure.
Re: Igbo Traders Count Losses After The Kaduna Bomb Blast by Onlytruth(m): 2:02am On Dec 09, 2011
asha 80:

i actually feel anambra had more deep sitted issues (collaspsing education,no secretariate,shambolic health sector,some road issues etc) to have a soludo whom i think his ideas are business elitist.he probably would be right for the seat in 2014.[/b]some people might disagree with me but i think peter obi came at a time he like was needed(frugal approach).[b]maybe soludo would be better at negotiating borrowed funds(which would have to do eventually if you ask me) in the further development of business related infrastructure.

Supported 1000% cool
Re: Igbo Traders Count Losses After The Kaduna Bomb Blast by islamrules(m): 8:50am On Dec 09, 2011
Dont these Ibos have money to buy bomb. What are Kaduna south people doing ?

Smoke those fulani/hausa rats!

Stop crying and take a gun.

If they attack Lagos. I swear to God almighty. I have prepared a local UAS in my house. I will make sure any available hausa community is dead.

Enough is enough. Na only them dey this country ?
Re: Igbo Traders Count Losses After The Kaduna Bomb Blast by warrior01: 9:03am On Dec 09, 2011
@ islamrules
ol' boy keep quiet! Na only mouth una sabi make. if it happens now, na u go first go hide under the bed.
Re: Igbo Traders Count Losses After The Kaduna Bomb Blast by Nobody: 9:22am On Dec 09, 2011
The genocide continues ,
Re: Igbo Traders Count Losses After The Kaduna Bomb Blast by Nobody: 9:25am On Dec 09, 2011
warrior01:

@ islamrules
ol' boy keep quiet! Na only mouth una sabi make. if it happens now, na u go first go hide under the bed.
grin
Re: Igbo Traders Count Losses After The Kaduna Bomb Blast by Nobody: 9:29am On Dec 09, 2011
They Should all come back lets see how that state will survive, the eastern governors should help relocate them< lets see if these mallams wont come begging
Re: Igbo Traders Count Losses After The Kaduna Bomb Blast by islamrules(m): 10:00am On Dec 09, 2011
@ islamrules

We shall see!
Re: Igbo Traders Count Losses After The Kaduna Bomb Blast by namfav(m): 10:05am On Dec 09, 2011
if you are such a warrior, why aren't you making use of your prowess? take advice of others and make your people leave for there safety, chances are you will be mince before you even act tough outside your screen, we know people like you, the types that shout "stop me before i kill him"

islamrules:

We shall see!
Re: Igbo Traders Count Losses After The Kaduna Bomb Blast by otokx(m): 10:10am On Dec 09, 2011
They are always counting their losses.
Re: Igbo Traders Count Losses After The Kaduna Bomb Blast by Yeske2(m): 10:27am On Dec 09, 2011
Enough of this carnage, let southerners move down south but they won't listen. Tired of feeling sorry for them. The abokis want to be on thier own so let's allow them be ah ah!
Re: Igbo Traders Count Losses After The Kaduna Bomb Blast by brainpulse: 10:28am On Dec 09, 2011
asha 80:

but why did the police lie that it was a gas cylinder that exploded?what do they gain with that kind of lie?

if boko haram enters kaduna it will be a different kettle of fish as kaduna is can be quite volatile.

Are you just coming to Nigeria after 50 years. Nigerian Police are arm robbers and liars
Re: Igbo Traders Count Losses After The Kaduna Bomb Blast by WilyWily4: 10:33am On Dec 09, 2011
islamrules:

If they attack Lagos. I swear to God almighty. I have prepared a local UAS in my house. I will make sure any available hausa community is dead.
Enough is enough. Na only them dey this country ?
Islamrule,
I believed you,
You know that Hausa/Fulanis hate Yorubas, but they are pretending. Now that OPC have finally woken up to kill Hausa/Fulanis, i am 100% in support of them.
sometimes i do remember the inhumane way Hausa/Fulanis killed an innocent man Abiola
Re: Igbo Traders Count Losses After The Kaduna Bomb Blast by Reggie2(m): 10:37am On Dec 09, 2011
It is rather stupid to advise people from one part of Nigeria not to live in another part of the same country. Nigeria remains a geographical reality for which millions of lives were lost during the Biafran war. Nigeria actually fought a dirty war to keep the country one and indigbo were constrained to embrace ONE NIGERIA! Why would anyone think that it is senseless for people to settle down where they like in a free Nigeria?

It is still on record that Ojukwu offered shelter to returnees from the north after series of attacks that later culminated into a pogrom. The result was a pursuit into igbo heartland with accusation still being propagated in some sections of Nigeria that he was hasty on that decision!

Jonathan is being accused of inaction in a setting similar to Ojukwu's so that, he will be accused of genocidal tendency towards the north. We all heard northern legislatures rant in the house of Assembly accusing government of high handedness in previous counter attacks against BH.

Bottom line. Ndigbo must organise to defend themselves in a free for all jungle style till the powers that be define how we will live together as a people. Jonathan must not fall into a trap that is set to throw him out of office. People can transfer to any place of relative safety but this must not imply leaving properties behind, which of course requires time and money.
Re: Igbo Traders Count Losses After The Kaduna Bomb Blast by Reference(m): 10:41am On Dec 09, 2011
Is there anything more to say. On and on and on. The hatred, killings and destruction. If it is not places of religion they target, it is economic bases. What next. Political establishments?. The whole thing is becoming embarrasingly clear. With few cards left to play jealousy has given way to desperation. I pity any southerner still living in delusion over what this country is all about. The year has ended. I like Mr. President to come out and declare in clear terms the true State of the Nation.
Re: Igbo Traders Count Losses After The Kaduna Bomb Blast by islamrules(m): 10:44am On Dec 09, 2011
if you are such a warrior, why aren't you making use of your prowess? take advice of others and make your people leave for there safety, chances are you will be mince before you even act tough outside your screen, we know people like you, the types that shout "stop me before i kill him"

I am not a warrior nor a mujaideen. But I am a coward who throws a stone and run away like boko-haram.
Re: Igbo Traders Count Losses After The Kaduna Bomb Blast by xpagnol: 10:57am On Dec 09, 2011
This carnage mated out on igbos and christians will not stop untill every home in igboland is affected directly. thats when our eyes will open to reality that these guys are fighting a COLD war here,

we are watching to know the kind of magic that the government will perform to stop this if not their 3 yeaars of imprisonment if at all.
Re: Igbo Traders Count Losses After The Kaduna Bomb Blast by Gbawe: 11:02am On Dec 09, 2011
EzeUche:

True but some of these guys have used virtually all they own to establish their businesses in the North. It is wrong for them to leave and lose everything . Sadly, that is the only choice facing many since the Government is appearing increasingly unable to protect them . Tragic.
Re: Igbo Traders Count Losses After The Kaduna Bomb Blast by iconaus: 11:19am On Dec 09, 2011
Bluetooth your stupid! you are asking why igbos every time . You know the answer only that you feigning ignorant of the answer. Let me answer you . The answer is that Igos are most progressive, most dynamic , hard working , most intelligent , the richest tribe in Nigeria hence other tribes are jealous of them . In addition, Muslims in the north hate Christians therefore igbos who are 100% Christians are targeted . These are the reasons why igbos are targeted everywhere in Nigeria. But unfortunately, igbos are unstopable.
Re: Igbo Traders Count Losses After The Kaduna Bomb Blast by OneNaira6: 11:23am On Dec 09, 2011
I'm tired of feeling sorry for the Igbo community up north. Only a fool would move up north. What stupidity!
Re: Igbo Traders Count Losses After The Kaduna Bomb Blast by Okijajuju1(m): 11:26am On Dec 09, 2011
First of all;

I Alusi Okija want to pay my respects to the dead by observing a 1 paragraph of silence (my forum equivalent of one minute of silence)

May their souls rest in Peace! Amen!!

Now! Before I start shouting doomsday, I want to say that this Boko Haram situation is really just annoying. I'm certain that Northerners were definitely amongst those targeted. What still baffles me is why a state of emergency has yet to be declared in any of these states?! I see this Boko Haram issue as politically motivated by some Northern politicians to create instability in the polity and thus encourage a coup. I say lock down two states in the North. All it took for the government to order the slaughter of Odi people was about 21 Policemen! How come over 1000 kills by the Bokos and we are yet to see a town get locked down up North?!

For someone who said he was not gonna be seeking a second tenure, Jonathan is really acting like a b'itch. Animals should be treated like animals. Re-structure the Carrot-and-Stick method to be such that when they come for the carrot, tyou beat them to death with the stick. This Boko Haram issue might be the greatest undoing of Jonathan. And for fuc'ks sake, FIRE Hafiz Rigim!!

Cant we pass a vote of No confidence on the Director of the SSS, The IG of Police, The Chief of Army Staff and all heads of security and prosecution agencies in the country?
Re: Igbo Traders Count Losses After The Kaduna Bomb Blast by aloyemeka1: 11:33am On Dec 09, 2011
One_Naira:

I'm tired of feeling sorry for the Igbo community up north.  Only a fool would move up north. What stupidity!

Gbam.
Re: Igbo Traders Count Losses After The Kaduna Bomb Blast by Okijajuju1(m): 11:48am On Dec 09, 2011
noblezone:

The genocide continues ,

Cool down my friend! Not everything is a genocidal attack!

When Boko Haram Bombed the U.N Building in Abuja, was that a genocidal attack on the world?! When they Bombed the Louis Edet building in Abuja as well, was that an "Igbo Policemen" station?

Biafran Zionists no go ever rest!!

This was a case of Boko Haram doing their thing. Its unfortunate that this article specifically chose to have "IGBO" on the title, if you check, of the 14 people that died in the bombing, some were of other ethinicities including Hausas. Afterall Hausa people were the target market for those spare part (most likely Honda spareparts) sellers.

asha 80:

i actually feel anambra had more deep sitted issues (collaspsing education,no secretariate,shambolic health sector,some road issues etc) to have a soludo whom i think his ideas are business elitist.he probably would be right for the seat in 2014.some people might disagree with me but i think peter obi came at a time he like was needed(frugal approach).maybe soludo would be better at negotiating borrowed funds(which would have to do eventually if you ask me) in the further development of business related infrastructure.

Asha!!

If you are a girl, I would love to plant a big hot kiss on your lips for this post!!

I still have never quite understood how on earth my kinsmen chose Peter Obi over Soludo?!  undecided

This is why I have said it that its high time that we stop looking outside for where the source of our problems are coming from until we tidy our house.

HOW IS IT THAT ANAMBRA STATE IS STILL IN THE STATE THAT IT CURRENTLY IS?!

There should be two Lagos'es' in Nigeria. The current one exixting right now and ANAMBRA. ANAMBRA!! The light of the East! The state that should be the savior of the east. Yet the politicking going on in the state, coupled with the mentality of the stakeholders leaves alot to be desired. Even the general populace dont seem to be helping matters either.

The Day Anambra State starts getting it right, Forbes list Nigeria would have atleast 4 Igbo men on the top 10. No kidding. All I see in that town is just untapped potentials and mediocrity!

Ndi Igbo no vex say I don start again o! Its just how I have seen my state. Secong to Anambra should be Abia State.
EzeUche:

The pursuit of Money!!

Same reason why people would enter the dessert to get to europe, same reason my former boss accepted a job in Iraq!

Money/happiness
Re: Igbo Traders Count Losses After The Kaduna Bomb Blast by Reference(m): 11:54am On Dec 09, 2011
I'm so angry about the way government continues to mishandle these issues. Yes, GEJ should not fall into the kind of sectional trap of 1966 but why should you create volcanic pressures instead. When such a thing happens, deal with the situation immediately while you have the moral high ground and the sympathy of cooler heads. Put their leaders - the IBB, Buhari, Chiroma, the Sardauna and their Emirs under instant and heavy pressure. Not making silly excuses on their behalf. If this happened in the east against northern interests the same elites will hold nothing back. It did not take Gowon 60 days to declare war. Today it will take our government six months just to admit the problem. Rubbish.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jonathan Secures Release Of Prisoners In Equatorial-Guinea / “buhari Will Die In Office, Jimi Agbaje Will Win Lagos Guber Election” – Prophet / A Yoruba Man Would Like To Become The Governor Of Anambra State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.