Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,669 members, 7,809,530 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:55 AM

Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Girl For Money? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Girl For Money? (43502 Views)

I Can't Ask A Girl Out Because Of My Brown Teeth / Questions To Ask Your Girlfriend Whenever You Are Bored In A Chat / Questions To Ask Your Boyfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Girl For Money? by sugardaddy1(m): 4:35pm On Dec 10, 2011
^^^
@KgSolomon
Perfect response. Thanks & Amen.
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Girl For Money? by Nextworldnx(m): 5:17pm On Dec 10, 2011
@OP It's very good to be nice to guy,but be very watchful of his demands, he's becoming greedy and wants to take advantage of u.He's going to device many strategies to put u in a tight corner so u won't have a choice than to keep spending for him but if u are wise quickly declare urself broke before he will ruin u and from there u will know whether he loves u or not and also if he's truly broke.
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Girl For Money? by FILEBE(m): 5:50pm On Dec 10, 2011
@ poster.
it is over right for a guy to ask a girl for money! is there any where it is written that we must always provide for the girls? ikf u have give to us,if we have we give to u. love is a two way thing! wetin kom be love in the first place? is it not to share what u both have? ehn?]
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Girl For Money? by dayokanu(m): 6:02pm On Dec 10, 2011
And you would preach equality in relationships, why can't he ask you for money if you can ask him

most of these girls are hypocrites
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Girl For Money? by zikaengee(f): 6:05pm On Dec 10, 2011
@ poster, be wise cos once u start giving, he will never stop begging for more. i believe your boyfriend is taking advantage of you,he suppose to know that both of you are students and that u are not working. he didn't even ask for money for food alone but for shoe,girl wise up cos he might probably laughing at u behind your back with his friends. tell him u are managing just like him
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Girl For Money? by richardoz(m): 6:31pm On Dec 10, 2011
It is not right
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Girl For Money? by ultraGM: 7:00pm On Dec 10, 2011
[center][size=15pt]YES[/size]
Democracy Permit that: Human Right to ask[/center]
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Girl For Money? by aribisala0(m): 7:10pm On Dec 10, 2011
NOTHING WRONG WITH IT. The main surprise for me is that you think it is an issue. That tells me you are either selfish or stingy but I guess I am not surprised if you are Naija. grin grin TYPICAL!
abeg buy the shoe and add  shirt and jeans na Xmas naa
if head no kill neck then neck go kill head
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Girl For Money? by ceejayluv(m): 7:14pm On Dec 10, 2011
Well, personally wen it comes 2 asking 4 money frm a woman, im d extremely 'SHY' type. Heck! I find it difficult 2 even ask my mum!!  And he's askin 4  a shoe?  And persisting?- dude don fall my hand! , IMAO
(NB.  Doesn't mean guys shud b d only givers)
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Girl For Money? by Nobody: 7:46pm On Dec 10, 2011
some one is about to get pimped grin

Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Girl For Money? by Nobody: 7:49pm On Dec 10, 2011
if i have a babe and i need cash desperately i will borrow especially if it concerns my future and studies and i'll pay back but borrowing cash for frivolous things like Shoes,Clothes,Food is a no-no for Christ sake am a dude as bad as e reach i have to hustle for myself.i need a babe to support me not be a bank i can run to in-case of stupid needs pls let him know u don't have money to give him.
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Girl For Money? by burhanu(m): 8:01pm On Dec 10, 2011
Salam ladies nd gentle men, I can only need sth from my gf in some certain condition that boyong my control, i.e under necessity, with the view of returning her mony.
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Girl For Money? by emmatok(m): 8:37pm On Dec 10, 2011
dayokanu:

And you would preach equality in relationships, why can't he ask you for money if you can ask him

most of these girls are hypocrites

Just leave the women  hypocrites alone.

See the girl lamenting because she brought food for her BF.

The-same women will call their their BF STINGY MOFO if he fails to give them enough money.

These women expect the men to always do the giving, yet they want to be equal to the men.
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Girl For Money? by Cine(m): 9:06pm On Dec 10, 2011
op, you know your man, if you feel he's taking advantage then say so. communicate. stand your ground. but if he needs food and is struggling for travel, by all means help him. who knows where you'll be in a years time.
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Girl For Money? by MrsChima1(f): 9:10pm On Dec 10, 2011
To some chatters: Some women/girls are hypocrites. Thank you in advance.

If the girl in question doesn't have an issue with the guy asking her for money then it is "right".
The guy in question shouldn't have an issue with the girl asking him for money either.
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Girl For Money? by Nobody: 9:24pm On Dec 10, 2011
Well as I always said if we women want our men to treat us like human beings and for our relationships to be 50-50 then we cannot be conditional.

It's not wrong for a man to ask his woman for money and vice versa. HOWEVER, there has to be a level of consideration as well. He knows you are not rich and therefore he should be considerate of that fact. Instead of asking you for material stuff that he does not need he should focus on what he does need. Food or even recharge cards but shoes and clothes? come on now. That is taking advantage, BIG TIME.
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Girl For Money? by dayokanu(m): 10:54pm On Dec 10, 2011
MsDarkSkin:

Well as I always said if we women want our men to treat us like human beings and for our relationships to be 50-50 then we cannot be conditional.

End of discussion
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Girl For Money? by daviesmania(m): 11:54pm On Dec 10, 2011
I dont see anything bad abt dat, afterall its like taking some of ma money bak.
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Girl For Money? by chikis(m): 2:25am On Dec 11, 2011
Choicegirl is realy a niece girl. In all my imagination, I never believe there is a lady that can care so much for his guy like this. This actualy confirms the fact that choicegirl is realy in love with this his guy. Knowing that there is a girl out there who can love his guy so much with so much sincerity gladens my heart and make my joy knew no bound.
This is what am searching for and I have not found it. I need a girl that will love me for me not because of what I have or who I am and here is a guy who have gotten this opportunity and still messing it up by his incessant demans. How I wish you Choicegirl were my girl and see how I will reciprocate your love and care by treating you fine and not hurting you feeling. But like they said whishes are not horses, if it were a horse one would prefer to ride it.
Well Choicegirl, be careful with that your guy and know how you spend on him. Am not saying that you stop caring for his finacial needs but don't make it look as if you are his father, mother, e.t.c that sent him to school. The point is that let him no where your limits are; let you not go broke, put hand into bad thing e.g stealing, prositutusion, roberry, e.t.c or over burden your parents or whoever is sponsoring your education simply because you are caring for a guy whom you love so much. Goodluck with a lot of thanks!
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Girl For Money? by GboyegaD(m): 3:13am On Dec 11, 2011
@ OP,
What I would advice is you have a rethink of your relationship to know why he had so much confidence to ask you for money to buy shoes and also the effontery to offer to follow you to the bank to withdraw money in the absence of your ATM. That sounds quite "off the line of decency for a guy". However, if you think thoroughly and you observe you guys are so close and free with one another, then you may choose to discuss it with him and know if he truly needs the shoe. Another school of thought is he may be getting the shoe at a cheaper price and if this is the case, what he should have done was to ask you for a loan instead.
Therefore, the onus is on you to think through before you conclude as we as outsiders do not know you and can only advice based on our emotions and thoughts of the situation but you know yourself and your boyfriend well enough to enable you analyse the situation and then conclude.
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Girl For Money? by horny4u(f): 7:36am On Dec 11, 2011
He seems to be a persistent guy who does not give up easily, simply advise him to roll up his sleeves and take that persistence to a housing site and earn extra , far more dignified than following you to the bank.

You are not his aunty o !

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Girl For Money? by vennygirl(f): 9:09am On Dec 11, 2011
i think the guy is trying to use ur generoucity for a charity organisation. u know there is this proverb that goes like this " when u allow some1 he starts looking for allowance" so babe be careful
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Girl For Money? by johncasey1(m): 10:11am On Dec 11, 2011
chikis:

Choicegirl is realy a niece girl. In all my imagination, I never believe there is a lady that can care so much for his guy like this. This actualy confirms the fact that choicegirl is realy in love with this his guy. Knowing that there is a girl out there who can love his guy so much with so much sincerity gladens my heart and make my joy knew no bound.
This is what am searching for and I have not found it. I need a girl that will love me for me not because of what I have or who I am and here is a guy who have gotten this opportunity and still messing it up by his incessant demans. How I wish you Choicegirl were my girl and see how I will reciprocate your love and care by treating you fine and not hurting you feeling. But like they said whishes are not horses, if it were a horse one would prefer to ride it.
Well Choicegirl, be careful with that your guy and know how you spend on him. Am not saying that you stop caring for his finacial needs but don't make it look as if you are his father, mother, e.t.c that sent him to school. The point is that let him no where your limits are; let you not go broke, put hand into bad thing e.g stealing, prositutusion, roberry, e.t.c or over burden your parents or whoever is sponsoring your education simply because you are caring for a guy whom you love so much. Goodluck with a lot of thanks!
*duh* Of course she loves him enough to bring her tale of "assistance" to her boyfriend to a public forum. Naija gals-NO COMMENTS
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Girl For Money? by chikis(m): 11:34am On Dec 11, 2011
john casey:

*duh* Of course she loves him enough to bring her tale of "assistance" to her boyfriend to a public forum. Naija gals-NO COMMENTS
What do you expect her to do? To fold her hands and die in silence when there is a forum to share our worries, burdens, ideas and expriences and you ask her to stay quite and die in silent or in the name of love? Thas is not fair at all. Lets be reasonable and truthful for once please.
She is not coming here to tarnish and expose the image of her boyfriend rather she is coming here to seek for solution which is the right thing every reasonable person is suppose to do.
Anybody who makes hasty conclusion without due consultation and proper planing is bound to make mistakes. Even the goverment and some firms make proper consultations and planing before embarking on some of their policy or projects. Do you want her to make hasty conclusions and make mistakes of which she will come to regret later. Let's be fair for once please!
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Girl For Money? by chikis(m): 12:04pm On Dec 11, 2011
Nextworldnx:

@OP It's very good to be nice to guy,but be very watchful of his demands, he's becoming greedy and wants to take advantage of u.He's going to device many strategies to put u in a tight corner so u won't have a choice than to keep spending for him but if u are wise quickly declare urself broke before he will ruin u and from there u will know whether he loves u or not and also if he's truly broke.
I like this one! Declare yourself broke so that you will no wether he rearly loves you or not or wether he is just playing mugu on you. That will also give you the oppoturnity to know wether he is broke or not
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Girl For Money? by jujube(m): 12:25pm On Dec 11, 2011
Wel in d nigerian society i dont think it is right 4 a girl 2 give a guy money but in d western world its no big deal. Linkin it with urs i dont think he act he actualy luvs u. He is only usin u.
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Girl For Money? by sniperwolf(m): 12:54pm On Dec 11, 2011
If it is right for a woman to ask a man for money, then the reverse is equally right
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Girl For Money? by Natasha2(f): 1:46pm On Dec 11, 2011
Yes its right as far as its not a routine, from what you posted he just asked twice and you're already suspecting? wow is it that you're stingy? twice is not enough to start to worry, as for me following what you posted I think you're just over blowing the issue, if girls demands money from guys then why can't guys demand money from their girl?, besides you should realise that asking you might be his last option and just because he asked you doesn't mean he's enjoying it, you never can tell he might be so ashamed of himself but since you're his girlfriend well he'll pass. As for me twice is not enough for me to start suspecting, If he demands money for a shoe and I have why the hell shouldn't I give it to him? he's my bf right? besides its not like that's what he does every other day, sometimes you just have to be patient with things don't be fast to jump into conclusions or suspecting.  cheesy
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Girl For Money? by josite: 3:47pm On Dec 11, 2011
it is very right if he has been sharing the money he has with u and if he has been showering u wit expensive outings/gifts.one good turns deserves another.
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Girl For Money? by stevamedu: 4:06pm On Dec 11, 2011
Choicegirl since u believe in d fact dt Lv is also abt sharing don't worry if he has he will also giv u.bt remenber dey is notn wrng in assisting ur boy friend financially
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Girl For Money? by Rudewaterz(m): 4:42pm On Dec 11, 2011
Yes, a guy can [and should] ask his girl for money BUT i believe it should be only when eye don red! And for pete's sake it shouldn't be done repeatedly. I'm guessing the times this guy asked for money [after being fed mornin, afternoon & night!] weren't far apart. Granted he's broke but c'mon doesn't he have frnds, i mean male friends? Him no fit hussle frm them? If my girl were in some kind of trouble financially, i knw i'd try to help her out in some way even without being asked to. I believe the poster would've done the same thing as well. Some nairalanders really don't get it; its not like the poster is swimming in cash and not willing to help d guy out. She's also a student and managin the little she's got. . .YET d guy come dey ask her money for what? SHOE What nerve!
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Girl For Money? by Umarjob: 5:17pm On Dec 11, 2011
Nothing wrong in giving. But you need to shine your eyes. Men can be funny.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Funny Ways Ladies Ask For Credit Online / Which Is The Best Among These Four Pictures? / My Escapades In The North .....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.