Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,732 members, 7,820,541 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:42 PM

Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Girl For Money? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Girl For Money? (43546 Views)

I Can't Ask A Girl Out Because Of My Brown Teeth / Questions To Ask Your Girlfriend Whenever You Are Bored In A Chat / Questions To Ask Your Boyfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Girl For Money? by IbroSaunks(m): 11:31am On Dec 10, 2011
when he asks for little things like lunch money, u may give him if u like. but dough for shoe?? u should tell him no, that u don't have that much money yourself,
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Girl For Money? by itiswell1(m): 11:46am On Dec 10, 2011
Op, wise up. There is nothing wrong in a guy asking for assistance from his babe, but this your guy, I tire for am o.
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Girl For Money? by Nobody: 11:49am On Dec 10, 2011
It's all about the mentality. If you have, you can always give. It does not matter who is giving/receiving. It's all about love. If anyone takes advantage - guy/girl then it is despicable.

It all boils down to one fact - do not go out with a liability/gold-digger. Know your partner well. That is not to say that things may not get tough in future but then if someone can stand by you when you do not have anything then that's a true test.

To all the ladies posting if their partner/spouse were to lose his job, am sure many of them would grow cold/eat him alive.
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Girl For Money? by Nobody: 11:53am On Dec 10, 2011
@Poster What you doing ain't right, Because a Guy (Your Boyfriend) ask you for help 2times, You came online to share with the WORLD, ,What happens if it happens to be your Husband,Am pretty sure you would have called a family meeting ? Keep ur personal issues to yourself to avoid problem in your Relationship.

Now you have more than 20 advice, After all   think about This ? Haven't you helped a berger more than 2twice? Talk less of your Boy-friend,

some guys have bought houses for there girl, Vise versa ,It personal issue and should come from your mind. don't let nairaland advice you to give or not.
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Girl For Money? by jeffman(m): 11:55am On Dec 10, 2011
relationships are not to take care of your financial needs. if u werent there he will manage. tell him to manage with what he has
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Girl For Money? by Nobody: 11:58am On Dec 10, 2011
@timothy001, ♍γ̲̣̣̥ husband cannot be a gold digger, a husband is different from a boyfriend.
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Girl For Money? by ajekpaks(m): 12:01pm On Dec 10, 2011
So Funny, How a guy might sacrifice even his last cash to provide for his girlfriend and here you are asking if it is right for a guy to ask their girlfriends for money, what is wrong with buying a shoe for your boyfriend she na the boys be mumu ni? they take their girlfriends shopping, buy shoes, clothes, phones, etc, just a blooody shoe y'all are screaming foul!
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Girl For Money? by OYINBOGOJU(m): 12:45pm On Dec 10, 2011
What is good for the goose is also good for the gander.

Do you ladies ever put a stop when u`re asking ur Man for something.

You ladies purely put everything under the word HE REALLY CARES ,

NOW WHAT STOP YOU FROM BEING A CARING LADY?
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Girl For Money? by Nobody: 12:49pm On Dec 10, 2011
@ O.p

If I really love a girl and I'm genuinely stranded, I will ask for the help in such a way that it will feel understandable to the girl but I'm such a proud man that it will it will have to take a desperate situation b4 I can ask her for money. I hate to beg and I hate debt.

Secondly, a girl I might ask for money 2morow will usually have access to my money 2day. Even if she ain't asking, she must spend my money weda she likes it or not.

So it's automatically gonna be easier for me to ask her for money only when I'm stranded but will definitely pay her back. To answer your question, nothing is wrong with it but when it becomes persistent and opportunistic, run away.
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Girl For Money? by kolexy(m): 12:50pm On Dec 10, 2011
I think he has found someoneelse, and he wants to do extort and abandon.

Beware!
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Girl For Money? by nwaneri(m): 12:51pm On Dec 10, 2011
There is nothing wrong with a ur guy asking for money if he is really broke and u asking him.
my vex is with the shoe. A guy will not die cos of shoe. he should focus on studies. I went thru Uni with just one shoe and my dad could afford more and I did well. Now I can afford any that I want. What is wrong with ppl these days.
I remember when I was doing ma MSc in Uk ma cuz called me for money to buy one kin shoe we he see. I shouted at him seriously and he neva called again till this day.
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Girl For Money? by TenKobo1: 1:05pm On Dec 10, 2011
Hmmmm!!! Once and she is already complaining and still stressing that love is all about sharing, all at the same time and instead of ironing issues out with him, you ran to the pages of Nairaland; to blow what should be a bed room discussion into the cyber space. Your own understanding of love baffles me.
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Girl For Money? by Orikinla(m): 1:12pm On Dec 10, 2011
There is nothing wrong with it as long as you respect each other and his need is genuine.

If a girlfriend can receive, she should also learn to give when the time comes.

DON'T COMPLAIN.
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Girl For Money? by Lexusgs430: 1:12pm On Dec 10, 2011
There is nothing bad in either a Guy asking a Girl for money or the reverse. Why does the Guy always have to give, and the Girl receives (money) ?
There is love in sharing !!!!
As for me, If I always gave my girlfriend money in her times of need, and she was tight - fisted in my time of need, the giving ceases !!!!!
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Girl For Money? by Cupidkc(m): 1:15pm On Dec 10, 2011
There's no problem asking your girl for money. But Asking for money to buy a shoe, huh that's the green light there.
Run for your life o. His out to rip you off,simple!
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Girl For Money? by Nobody: 1:45pm On Dec 10, 2011
@op, bcoz od dis ur topic, i will neva ask any girl, apart frm 'my sista and mum' for money till i die! Jeez! What if he truely loves u? See as u carry ur bf come public make every tom, dick n harry dey insult! Later una go say she treats his mum n sista differently! Am so pissed!
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Girl For Money? by okpeD: 1:58pm On Dec 10, 2011
It definitely,
when the guy has nothing left with him.
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Girl For Money? by Konnektions146(m): 2:04pm On Dec 10, 2011
if the guy is hungry and asks for help with food, it will be understandable but askin for shoe, na wa ooo.

the problem is that most guys misinterprete financial help from ladies and it tend to get into their head but its not a bad idea to listen to ur heart and offer a help.

watch it and curb before it gets out of hand.encourage him to more manly-save and be industrious even as a student. good luck
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Girl For Money? by Patnoble: 2:23pm On Dec 10, 2011
wel,if i'l speak i wil say dat there is nothing wrong with a man colectn money frn a girl, only if the affection is there.
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Girl For Money? by dramenda(f): 3:10pm On Dec 10, 2011
Ur Bf just with me.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Girl For Money? by ortopazz(m): 3:11pm On Dec 10, 2011
Well do gurlz think of how guys go to bed thinking of their gurlfriendz nxt demands? Am not siding guys asking gurls 4 money, coz 4 one Hmmm, itz kinda of hard thing 4 me 2 do, hw much I go evn ask am? Might be when the time comes I go knw.

Buh dn gurls should take a cue too, and see hw it is, I 4 once wil utterly lose respect 4 a gurl hu nagz me 4 money repeatdly.

Onto thz case I feel itz one of those cases where the guy feels your really into him and u wil do evryting to keep him, but as a gurl talk to him to work, cuz a guy hu lives on gurls, wel playboxx no b dat one o! Woman wrapper
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Girl For Money? by fred2265: 3:14pm On Dec 10, 2011
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Girl For Money? by ortopazz(m): 3:16pm On Dec 10, 2011
dramenda:

your Bf just ask for money for shoe,you came to Nl for advise if he his asking 2much.my Gf once gave me 200k n so many cash I can't acCount for when am still hussling ,she even bougth so many clothes for my mum from the litt2 allawi she received while in service.she paid for my neco gce sometime ago too.some of her friend that notice all those stuff said am a gold digger,but my people when the pay back time come nko?as in when our goodGod remember me for greatness nko,kai I over spoil this wifey ooooo,@times I even call her a witch cus I blive she seen my future. she so so believe am gonna make it n she stood firmly with me with all she gat.mind you she is not desperate cus I saw hell while toasting her as we say then.today to the glory of God I brougth her to yankee to live the rest of her life with me.

u'av clearly shown that ur shawty was 'having', she just said she(op) she's struggling, buh ah ah , shoe? Shoe? Guy, Wel ery1 has hz or ha views.
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Girl For Money? by sugardaddy1(m): 3:22pm On Dec 10, 2011
@OP
This one na serious matter oo. The boy wan turn you to Sugar mummy be dat ooo and him go dey go boast to his friends how him dey "use" you!

Chei, which kind boy this girl go jam so oooo? ***shakes head vigorously***

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Girl For Money? by ortopazz(m): 3:23pm On Dec 10, 2011
I think some of u r being too harsh at the poster, just giving her good reasons or clinical points will do, other than this boiling points we building up.
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Girl For Money? by ortopazz(m): 3:26pm On Dec 10, 2011
I think some of u r being too harsh at the poster, just giving her good reasons or clinical points will do, other than this boiling points we building up.
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Girl For Money? by sugardaddy1(m): 3:52pm On Dec 10, 2011
ortopazz:

@ortopazz
You're the one building up "boling points" here. Which other member posted same opinion twice and consecutively too so far?

If the guy is in genuine need and his gilfriend can help like she did earlier, that is okay. But demanding money for shoe from a girlfriend that is just a "struggling" student like him is outrageous. If I tell you he needs that shoe to toast or impress another lady now, will you believe me? But that is the plain truth. If you have no means to take care of your girlfriend as a man, it's really not a big deal especially if your have an understanding girlfriend. But you don't over-burden her by placing some st.upid demands.  What if, in a bid to meet up with these demands, she starts messing around with men just to keep him and the relationship? Would you really blame her then?

What an elder sees sitting on a stool, a child does not see even if he climbs on top of a tree.
cool
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Girl For Money? by KgSolomon: 4:07pm On Dec 10, 2011
@poster,
Wats the problem in male friend asking you for money, if he ask give him the bible says give and it shall be given to you, , just give him so that u can receive.

I paid school fees for someone i don;t know much about, talk more of your friend. Just give him if you have.
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Girl For Money? by sugardaddy1(m): 4:12pm On Dec 10, 2011
KgSolomon:

@poster,
Wats the problem in male friend asking you for money, if he ask give him the bible says give and it shall be given to you, , just give him so that u can receive.

I paid school fees for someone i don;t know much about, talk more of your friend. Just give him if you have.
@KgSolomon
She doesn't really have because she's "struggling" too, that is why she's complaining here. I'm sure you didn't struggle to pay the school fees for the stranger or did you? And even if you did, did the fellow come back to ask for another money for off-campus accommodation when he/she had one on campus that was really manageable for instance?
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Girl For Money? by KgSolomon: 4:21pm On Dec 10, 2011
@sugarDaddy

All sugar daddies believe that every young girl is suffering , but from her tone she is not. More over the guy only ask for a pair of shoe, and he is a student.
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Girl For Money? by sugardaddy1(m): 4:26pm On Dec 10, 2011
KgSolomon:

@sugarDaddy

All sugar daddies believe that every young girl is suffering , but from her tone she is not. More over the guy only ask for a pair of shoe, and he is a student.
@KgSolomon
See extract from OP's post below :-

Its not like I have so much money

What can you deduce from the tone in that extract and what's your definition of "suffering" within the context of this thread? Again, please note the pair of shoes is not the first demand by the guy to this lady.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Expensive Benz Car Birthday Gift That's Got Twitter Buzzing.. / Friendship With The Opposite Sex. / Soldier Kneels Down To Propose To His Girlfriend (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.