Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,215 members, 7,818,730 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:13 PM

Rccg Holy Ghost Congress 2011 Tagged "A New Thing" - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rccg Holy Ghost Congress 2011 Tagged "A New Thing" (18765 Views)

Osibanjo And Pastor Adeboye At RCCG Holy Ghost Service Today(Photo) / Rccg Holy Ghost Congress 2013 Theme: The Overflow / RCCG Holy Ghost Congress 2012! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rccg Holy Ghost Congress 2011 Tagged "A New Thing" by Goshen360(m): 5:20am On Dec 14, 2011
musKeeto:

Any religion that is not concerned about the poor and disadvantaged, ‘the slums that damn them, the economic conditions that strangle them and the social conditions that cripple them is a spiritually moribund religion awaiting burial - Martin Luther King Jnr.

The Roots of Violence:
Wealth without work,
Pleasure without conscience,
Knowledge without character,
Commerce without morality,
Science without humanity,
Worship without sacrifice,
Politics without principles.
~ Mohandas Karamachand Gandhi ~

Feel free to call me frustrated. If God helps me, young black children(in the future) will read about me, just like the guys above and Mandela.

, THAT THEIR EYES OF UNDERSTANDING BE OPENED.
Re: Rccg Holy Ghost Congress 2011 Tagged "A New Thing" by TenKobo1: 5:41am On Dec 14, 2011
Haha, a new thing,  smh

like i said on a previous thread.
Don't mind the idiotas that think a 4 day program will solve the problems of a whole year, Don't mind the idiots that attend these programs cos of all the fanfare and leave with nothing. Ignore the fools that attend these programs in their millions and leave goodwill, common sense and money in the pockets of these thieves. Ignore the fools that think that Christ would attend a meeting of poor and lazy minds who want him to solve their problems. Ignore the fools that were praying against kidnapping last year and praying against bombing this year. Ignore the animals that have been deceived and chained, yet love their chains so much. Ignore the idiots that think that God cares about Nigerians. Ignore the fools that believe that next year is their year and go ahead to buy car sticker, jotters, manuals, with 'mY Year OF ***********' inscribed on them. Ignore the fools that make up a huge portion of our population, yet have no morals in their sphere of influence. Ignore the fools that are ready to travel miles to attend a HOLY GHOST camp, yet won't move an inch when calls to protest are made. IGNORE THE FOOLS

grin grin When did you become a mind-raider, invading the deepest reaches of people's mind to steal their thoughth. Anyways, thank God am not the one that said it grin grin grin
Re: Rccg Holy Ghost Congress 2011 Tagged "A New Thing" by iDo3: 5:45am On Dec 14, 2011
Some of the people that attend those churches do not want to think critically or seek practical solutions to their problems.  In some cases perhaps there are no practical solutions to their problems that they can see.

Their hopelessness is being exploited by so called GO worship by various churches and religions all over the world.  The business model for Pentecostal xtian churches (I call them money making superstitious churches) was taken from the American mega-churches.  It worked well for the business churches in the US hence it was replicated to the max in Nigeria as the economy tanked in the 90's.

Once the economy improves people will depart these churches in droves.  They are based solely on feelings and emotions rather than the true teaching in the scriptures.  If you notice most of them create fear in their members by borrowing from the local superstitions to further enslave their members.  Creating fictional problems in the mind of the masses that they will in turn solve with prayers.  The churches such as these are the real 419!
Re: Rccg Holy Ghost Congress 2011 Tagged "A New Thing" by TenKobo1: 6:07am On Dec 14, 2011
When the roof came down on the economy, hospitals became death camps, schools churned outs whores and semi-literate rogues, government ceased to exist in the mind of the people as communities took up the responsibilities of road constructions, security, electrification, water and all other essentials that were the primary responsibilities of government, our helpless people turned to marabouts in godly robes for their daily survival. Who will blame the poor for seeking help anywhere they believe it could be found? Do we not say that the illusion of a drowning man magnifies even the weighth of a straw? survival they say is the first law of nature, so when the quack nurses are busily killing pregnant mothers in their ill-equiped hospitals, the prayer chambers of certifiable criminals masked as pastors and GOs became the antenatal homes of millions of expectant mothers. Looking at Nigeria, Carl Marx must be horrified in his grave, even the American originators of this money-christianity, must be marvelling at the incredible heights it has attained in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Rccg Holy Ghost Congress 2011 Tagged "A New Thing" by Goshen360(m): 6:43am On Dec 14, 2011
Ten Kobo:

When the roof came down on the economy, hospitals became death camps, schools churned outs whores and semi-literate rogues, government ceased to exist in the mind of the people as communities took up the responsibilities of road constructions, security, electrification, water and all other essentials that were the primary responsibilities of government, our helpless people turned to marabouts in godly robes for their daily survival. Who will blame the poor for seeking help anywhere they believe it could be found? Do we not say that the illusion of a drowning man magnifies even the weighth of a straw? survival they say is the first law of nature, so when the quack nurses are busily killing pregnant mothers in their ill-equiped hospitals, the prayer chambers of certifiable criminals masked as pastors and GOs became the antenatal homes of millions of expectant mothers. Looking at Nigeria, Carl Marx must be horrified in his grave, even the American originators of this money-christianity, must be marvelling at the incredible heights it has attained in Nigeria.

i_Do:

Some of the people that attend those churches do not want to think critically or seek practical solutions to their problems. In some cases perhaps there are no practical solutions to their problems that they can see.

Their hopelessness is being exploited by so called GO worship by various churches and religions all over the world. The business model for Pentecostal xtian churches (I call them money making superstitious churches) was taken from the American mega-churches. It worked well for the business churches in the US hence it was replicated to the max in Nigeria as the economy tanked in the 90's.

Once the economy improves people will depart these churches in droves. They are based solely on feelings and emotions rather than the true teaching in the scriptures. If you notice most of them create fear in their members by borrowing from the local superstitions to further enslave their members. Creating fictional problems in the mind of the masses that they will in turn solve with prayers. The churches such as these are the real 419!
[/quote

BLESSED ARE YOU BECAUSE FLESH AND BLOOD HAVE NOT REVEALED THESE THINGS TO YOU BUT MY FATHER WHO IS IN HEAVEN. TOGETHER, WE WILL PRAY, PREACH AND PROPHECY UNTIL REVIVAL AND REVOLUTION BREAK LOOSE IN THE MIND OF OUR OTHER CHURCH BUT NOT CHRIST MINDED BROTHERS. I RESIDE IN THE USA AND SEE SAME MATERIALISTIC SPIRITS INVADING THE CHURCHES OF CHRIST BUT THANK GOD FOR THE FAITHFUL FEW ONES WHO WILL WRITE BOOKS, RAISE MONEY FROM THEIR MEMBER AND THROUGH THE TELEVISION TO SEND MISSIONARIES TO AFRICA WHERE HUNGER IS PLAGUING THEM JUST TO GO FEED THE DYING CHILDREN. BUT OUR BLACK RELIGIOUS LEADERS WILL RATHER FLY IN 4 PRIVATE JETS AT THE SAME TIME RATHER THAN BEING CHRIST-LIKE IN THESE MISSIONS TO THE POOR.
Re: Rccg Holy Ghost Congress 2011 Tagged "A New Thing" by unclenna(m): 6:46am On Dec 14, 2011
@muskeetoo, is only GOD THAT will 4give u. I don't want to lay a curse upon you for sinning against GOD AND THE HOLY SPIRIT. I Pray that may your soul come to repentance before it is too late for you.
Re: Rccg Holy Ghost Congress 2011 Tagged "A New Thing" by Goshen360(m): 6:48am On Dec 14, 2011
goshen360:

BLESSED ARE YOU BECAUSE FLESH AND BLOOD HAVE NOT REVEALED THESE THINGS TO YOU BUT MY FATHER WHO IS IN HEAVEN. TOGETHER, WE WILL PRAY, PREACH AND PROPHECY UNTIL REVIVAL AND REVOLUTION BREAK LOOSE IN THE MIND OF OUR OTHER CHURCH BUT NOT CHRIST MINDED BROTHERS. I RESIDE IN THE USA AND SEE SAME MATERIALISTIC SPIRITS INVADING THE CHURCHES OF CHRIST BUT THANK GOD FOR THE FAITHFUL FEW ONES WHO WILL WRITE BOOKS, RAISE MONEY FROM THEIR MEMBER AND THROUGH THE TELEVISION TO SEND MISSIONARIES TO AFRICA WHERE HUNGER IS PLAGUING THEM JUST TO GO FEED THE DYING CHILDREN. BUT OUR BLACK RELIGIOUS LEADERS WILL RATHER FLY IN 4 PRIVATE JETS AT THE SAME TIME RATHER THAN BEING CHRIST-LIKE IN THESE MISSIONS TO THE POOR.
Re: Rccg Holy Ghost Congress 2011 Tagged "A New Thing" by Goshen360(m): 6:55am On Dec 14, 2011
unclenna:

@muskeetoo, is only GOD THAT will 4give u. I don't want to lay a curse upon you for sinning against GOD AND THE HOLY SPIRIT. I Pray that may your soul come to repentance before it is too late for you.

Look at church and pastor anointed that wants to curse who God had blessed, because he speaks the truth. If you have given your life to Christ, I encourage you to go pray and also give you mind to Christ so that, the mind which was inside of Christ will also be in you. Then you will come to the revelation of the truth and see the difference in your life and christian walk with God. We are not Anti-Christ nor anti church, church is good but anti-ungodly pastors that are looks like sheep but are wolves and not christ-like. i dont care their fame or church capacity; if it is not good, it is not God.
Re: Rccg Holy Ghost Congress 2011 Tagged "A New Thing" by sovpounds(m): 7:42am On Dec 14, 2011
Personally I believe Pastor E. A. Adeboye is a man of God. Anybody who believes he is not a man of God or he is fraudulent is entitled to his or her opinion.

I am so happy that is not what we think about Pastor E. A. Adeboye that matters but what God thinks of him. Let me make this clear I do not know what God thinks of him or of anybody, it is God that knows. [/b]Even if I believe Pastor Adeboye or any other person for that matter is a man of God but God thinks otherwise it is God's opinion that matters. Even if the 827,032 members (as at this morning) of nairaland believe Pastor Adeboye or any other individual is fake but God thinks otherwise it is God's opinion that would stand.

I take solace in 2 verses from the bible.

Romans 3:4 says [b]"Let God be true, but every man a liar"
(meaning it is God's opinion on any man that matters not my opinion or the opinion of the other 827,031 nairalanders)

2 Timothy 2: 19 says "Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity". (confirming that it is God's opinion that matters not my opinion not the opinion of the other 827,031 nairalanders not the opinion of the estimated 7 billion people on earth)
Re: Rccg Holy Ghost Congress 2011 Tagged "A New Thing" by Nobody: 8:19am On Dec 14, 2011
Ten Kobo:

Haha, a new thing, smh

grin grin When did you become a mind-raider, invading the deepest reaches of people's mind to steal their thoughth. Anyways, thank God am not the one that said it grin grin grin

Lmao, well someone has to speak the truth

i_Do:

Some of the people that attend those churches do not want to think critically or seek practical solutions to their problems. In some cases perhaps there are no practical solutions to their problems that they can see.

Their hopelessness is being exploited by so called GO worship by various churches and religions all over the world. The business model for Pentecostal xtian churches (I call them money making superstitious churches) was taken from the American mega-churches. It worked well for the business churches in the US hence it was replicated to the max in Nigeria as the economy tanked in the 90's.

Once the economy improves people will depart these churches in droves. They are based solely on feelings and emotions rather than the true teaching in the scriptures. If you notice most of them create fear in their members by borrowing from the local superstitions to further enslave their members. Creating fictional problems in the mind of the masses that they will in turn solve with prayers. The churches such as these are the real 419!
Ten Kobo:

Both of you had better change names to 'I'm done' and 'MillionNaira' cheesy. Truth so deep that idiots are scared to fall in.

unclenna:

LMAO,
Who else will forgive me? Will it be Satan?
Don't you also ask God for forgiveness? So Only God will forgive you, me, nairaland, facebook, obj, gej, adeboye, blahblah,

How can you lay a curse on me? You be chicken? How do I sin against God and the Holy Spirit by saying the truth. That's your sole trade. If they don't believe you, scare them.

With the power to curse and bless that people freely wield in Nigeria, one wonders why our country remains comatose. After all the night vigils and day vigils and fasting and slowing we offer to our God, we still remain worse off with no end in sight. IDIOTS, keep deceiving yourselves and people. Fail to understand that all Jesus came to do was show us love and its importance,
Re: Rccg Holy Ghost Congress 2011 Tagged "A New Thing" by Nobody: 8:27am On Dec 14, 2011
This is one issue I have with this title 'man of God'. If Adeboye is a man of God, what does that make everyone else? Men of the devil?

If you believe in the Bible, you ought to know that we are all children of God. Even if I were to go by your 'title', he is first a MAN before he is a MAN of God. No man, no matter how righteous, is above mistakes and fallacies. NO man is perfect.

Everything that's going on in Nigerian churches today is called 'Hero' worship. The billboards, the guards, the megastar status, the untouchablility, the devotees, even drugdealers and politicians can't help but to be impressed.
Re: Rccg Holy Ghost Congress 2011 Tagged "A New Thing" by 9icelag: 8:32am On Dec 14, 2011
The house of worship has become the den of thieves STEALING IN THE NAME OF THE LORD
Re: Rccg Holy Ghost Congress 2011 Tagged "A New Thing" by dagboss(m): 8:36am On Dec 14, 2011
@muskeeto

Even though many who has raised the status of the likes of the Adeboyes, Oyedepos, Chrises of this world to the level above normal human beings will think something is wrong with you on your position, but i want to tell you that you are not alone. My brother the way these new generation churches are propagating their own brand of xtianity is baffling me. They cajole people to pay their tithes and defaulters are alleged to be 'robbing' God. Their hard earned money is used to build secondary schools and Universities they can not send their children to and above all they use their money to buy the latest Gulf-stream, Embrea etc state of the art private jets, something majority of the foolish members will never see not to talk of flying in.  I started looking at them twice a few years back when one of the popular pastors said he had no qualms about how any of his members donating money to his church gets his monies.
Re: Rccg Holy Ghost Congress 2011 Tagged "A New Thing" by iHustle(m): 8:37am On Dec 14, 2011
MusKeeto, goshen360 et al, you have spoken my mind, you have spoken well. My heart bleeds for my people, Nigerians.
Re: Rccg Holy Ghost Congress 2011 Tagged "A New Thing" by sovpounds(m): 8:44am On Dec 14, 2011
musKeeto:

This is one issue I have with this title 'man of God'. If Adeboye is a man of God, what does that make everyone else? Men of the devil?

If you believe in the Bible, you ought to know that we are all children of God. Even if I were to go by your 'title', he is first a MAN before he is a MAN of God. No man, no matter how righteous, is above mistakes and fallacies. NO man is perfect.

Everything that's going on in Nigerian churches today is called 'Hero' worship. The billboards, the guards, the megastar status, the untouchablility, the devotees, even drugdealers and politicians can't help but to be impressed.

I agree with you, no man is above mistakes and no man on earth is perfect.
Re: Rccg Holy Ghost Congress 2011 Tagged "A New Thing" by tolex29(f): 8:51am On Dec 14, 2011
[size=20pt]@ Sovpounds, may the Lord bless you beyond even your very desires in Jesus' name, Amen.

Let the Lord be the judge of every man, no man is in a position to judge the other. I have realised one thing, the wisdom of God is foolishness to man. [/size]
Re: Rccg Holy Ghost Congress 2011 Tagged "A New Thing" by Nobody: 8:51am On Dec 14, 2011
I don't blame the poor, the warehouses that are meant to provide jobs are being converted on a daily basis to place of worship. How won't their prayers go into God's spam inbox. God detest people who ignore hardwork yet rely on a man of God(human god) for uncommon blessing.
Re: Rccg Holy Ghost Congress 2011 Tagged "A New Thing" by Nobody: 8:58am On Dec 14, 2011
Really happy to know that I'm not the only one who shares these views,

We live in  a country where there are more religious meetings on campuses than educational meetings/tutorials. Institutions built for thinking have now been turned to places of worship.

Ask yourself one question. Would it better to be resistant to malaria or find a cure for it?
Thinking is more difficult than praying. I know of students who attend night vigils the day before exams expecting divine expo. What foolishness!!!

Nigerians, the answer to your problems lie in your hand. Dare I say this, you do not have to be religious to practice love. Read the parable of the Good Samaritan(before una talk say na me talk). Stop looking at people based on what church they attend, what they believe, doctrines and all, just simply learn to live as one. Let's work together to build a better society for ourselves.
Re: Rccg Holy Ghost Congress 2011 Tagged "A New Thing" by Nobody: 9:03am On Dec 14, 2011
tolex29:

[size=20pt]@ Sovpounds, may the Lord bless you beyond even your very desires in Jesus' name, Amen.

Let the Lord be the judge of every man, no man is in a position to judge the other. I have realised one thing, the wisdom of God is foolishness to man. [/size]
Haha, lmao.

Let the Lord be the judge of every man.

Do you believe in courts? Are they biblical?

Why didn't you say the Lord bless me too? Why only Sovpounds? Have you subconsciously JUDGED me to be an enemy of the TRUTH?
I'd advise you to study Jesus' life and see how he went against the norm and practises of the Saducees and Pharisees of those days. Look at their reactions whenever he hit them and see if they do not mirror what most of our churches preach and do today.

Read the sermon on the mount, the parable of the Good Samaritan, and tell me you'd not be able to discern/judge.

I judge everyday and I'm not ashamed. What I do not do is condemn. If I open my home and find a stranger in it, I'd label him a thief without even thinking twice. If I find something wrong in my sibling, I tell him straight up how I feel and work with him to help him overcome. This idea of 'not judging' fosters a dangerous environment: one in which the truth is hushed no matter how glaring in the hope of going against the Most High
Re: Rccg Holy Ghost Congress 2011 Tagged "A New Thing" by sovpounds(m): 9:04am On Dec 14, 2011
tolex29:

Thank you. God bless you too.

1 Corinthians 1: 20 says "Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?"
Re: Rccg Holy Ghost Congress 2011 Tagged "A New Thing" by sovpounds(m): 9:11am On Dec 14, 2011
musKeeto:

Haha, lmao.

Let the Lord be the judge of every man.

Do you believe in courts? Are they biblical?

Why didn't you say the Lord bless me too? Why only Sovpounds? Have you subconsciously JUDGED me to be an enemy of the TRUTH?
I'd advise you to study Jesus' life and see how he went against the norm and practises of the Saducees and Pharisees of those days. Look at their reactions whenever he hit them and see if they do not mirror what most of our churches preach and do today.

Read the sermon on the mount, the parable of the Good Samaritan, and tell me you'd not be able to discern/judge.

I judge everyday and I'm not ashamed. What I do not do is condemn. If I open my home and find a stranger in it, I'd label him a thief without even thinking twice. If I find something wrong in my sibling, I tell him straight up how I feel and work with him to help him overcome. This idea of 'not judging' fosters a dangerous environment: one in which the truth is hushed no matter how glaring in the hope of going against the Most High

May the Lord of Hosts bless musKeeto and the other 827,066 nairalanders (wow the number of nairalanders has increased from 827,032 to 827,067) May the Lord of Hosts bless the work of your hands. We now have 35 new nairalanders since my first post on this thread which was just a little over an hour ago!
Re: Rccg Holy Ghost Congress 2011 Tagged "A New Thing" by Kx: 9:15am On Dec 14, 2011
Shilo did not make front page
Jehovah witness gathering did not make front page
Deeper life retreat did not not front page
Muslim "faithfuls" gathering did not meet front page
etc
How come this congress made the front page?
Re: Rccg Holy Ghost Congress 2011 Tagged "A New Thing" by felifeli: 9:20am On Dec 14, 2011
@muskeeto ,
I feel you bro ; but where would you rather go ? What would you rather be doing for this one week ?
Re: Rccg Holy Ghost Congress 2011 Tagged "A New Thing" by sovpounds(m): 9:21am On Dec 14, 2011
Shiloh made the front page of nairaland.
Re: Rccg Holy Ghost Congress 2011 Tagged "A New Thing" by afm4ever(m): 9:23am On Dec 14, 2011
We need new things in our lives this ember month
Re: Rccg Holy Ghost Congress 2011 Tagged "A New Thing" by omo9ja1(m): 9:30am On Dec 14, 2011
FOOLS IN THEIR HEART SAY THERE IS NO GOD

MY PEOPLE PERISH FOR LACK OF VISION

MANY PEOPLE ON HERE ARE SO IGNORANCE TO THE EXTEND THAT THEY SAY WHATEVER COME TO THEIR MIND WITHOUT THINKING IT CAN CAUSE OFFENSE TO THE OTHER PEOPLE, I HOPE YOU KNOW YOURSELVES!

I PRAY A NEW THING WILL HAPPEN IN NIGERIA SO THAT THE COUNTRY BE TRANSFORMED - IJN
Re: Rccg Holy Ghost Congress 2011 Tagged "A New Thing" by sovpounds(m): 9:37am On Dec 14, 2011
It is the Lord that knows whether musKeeto and I are his according to 2 Timothy 2:19.
Re: Rccg Holy Ghost Congress 2011 Tagged "A New Thing" by engrj(m): 9:45am On Dec 14, 2011
Wow i  love Dis topic i will be dere on Friday & 4 all of us dat is going may God take us dere in peace, Bless us, here our payers & bring us back in peace in Jesus Name Amen.

Re: Rccg Holy Ghost Congress 2011 Tagged "A New Thing" by Nobody: 9:53am On Dec 14, 2011
As the body without the soul is dead so is prayer without works is dead. God bless Musketoo,  have nothing more to add, Redeemmed, power change hands, all d slogans yet we keep getting worse as a nation, isnt it time we roll our sleeves and get to work? instead we go and keep screaming and shouting when God has said we should pray quietly and not by screaming and rolling.
God is for all of us and not exclusively for Adeboye or Oyedepo, Christ has broken the veil and set us free to go directly to God without going thru a priest. As for your silly curses, shove it, if you have sold ur brains and chosen to be bound, Christ has reddemed us from every curse and he who Christ sets free is free indeed. You guys re not christains you re Idol worshippers, letting a mere man take the place of God. Imagine someone saying God will punish someone for not recognising Adeboyes ominioptence
Re: Rccg Holy Ghost Congress 2011 Tagged "A New Thing" by violent(m): 10:02am On Dec 14, 2011
Naija!!!
Re: Rccg Holy Ghost Congress 2011 Tagged "A New Thing" by sovpounds(m): 10:05am On Dec 14, 2011
James 2:20 says "But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?"
Re: Rccg Holy Ghost Congress 2011 Tagged "A New Thing" by anonimi: 10:11am On Dec 14, 2011
What did Nicodemus promise Jesus BEFORE He proclaimed salvation into his house?
What do the many Nigerian big men politrickians, civil servants, bank directors & workers promise Adeboye BEFORE he proclaims God's favour into their lives

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dr Myles Munroe And His Wife Dead In Plane Crash / Is It Right For Unmarried Christian Woman To Get Pregnant Through IVF / Morality And God's Plan: The Sinful Nature Of Homosexuality

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.