Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,264 members, 7,818,893 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:31 AM

Rccg Holy Ghost Congress 2011 Tagged "A New Thing" - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rccg Holy Ghost Congress 2011 Tagged "A New Thing" (18767 Views)

Osibanjo And Pastor Adeboye At RCCG Holy Ghost Service Today(Photo) / Rccg Holy Ghost Congress 2013 Theme: The Overflow / RCCG Holy Ghost Congress 2012! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rccg Holy Ghost Congress 2011 Tagged "A New Thing" by Jencejyde(m): 1:54pm On Dec 14, 2011
musKeeto:

Wow, so many contributions since my last post. I will try to address them accordingly,   grin

@felifeliJust so that there's no confusion, I'm not and will never be against the assembly of the bRETHREN. If you have a younger brother who has 100% attendance in classes, yet still fails exams, common sense will tell you that attendance is not his problem but something else. Yes, people in the same class who may not attend classes could perform better than him in exams. So many factors could be involved, but definitely study time and attention in class would stand out. So the problem is not the class but the individual.
Let's get that clear.

What would I rather do for the week? What I do all the year. Seek to improve people's lives, through not just gifts, but words of encouragement, friendship and love. I do not need Xmas and other festive periods to do this.

@Image123I would rather not choose to trade words with you over the meaning of 'scathing'.
A patient was advised to amputate his leg as it was discovered he had cancer. Cutting of a man's leg saved him. Think about that. Sometimes, people want the truth to be dressed in pink wearing a red hat. Unfortunately, I'm not that way. And to be honest, it hasn't made me much friends, but the few I have truly appreciate me.
As to your extremism remark, I reserve my comment.

@TtolaLmao, no be me o,  abeg,
It's amazing that you look at the people gathered to define the move of the Holy Spirit. Go to a strip club and you'll see professionals there also. Go to a rock concert and you'll see all classes of people there. Infact, Crack Your Ribs and Night of A Thousand Laughs are around the corner. You'd see all manner and classes of people there. Look beyond the people, dear.

I doubt if you were ever like me. Seriously I doubt that.

Nice one
Ah, God have mercy.
Jesus claimed he was the son of God. His father watched as his son was beaten, spit on, shamed, hung, yet he chose to forgive us. He died that we may be free.

Someone spits on your backyard, not your humble self, and you threaten death?
What's the difference between your God and juju?

If I keep posting here, we'll keep running around in circles. So,
______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Closing arguments (If you'd call them that)

As Africans, we had our gods. Foreigners came in the name of Christ and Allah, put our gods in boxes, tied us up and took us to far away lands.
Those gods didn't do poo. Now,we travel to museums and pay fees to see them LMAO

So what happened with Christ? (Allah, I'll leave for now)
The same nations that brought them in decided to challenge conventional view. Plato, the great scientist, propounded that the earth was round not flat. The church called that blasphemy and attacked him. On his death bed, he'd still claim He was a christian. Great thinkers like Einstein and Newton weren't ashamed to mix science with religion.
They understood that God never prospered in ignorance. And with the rise of these scientists, thinkers, and problem solvers, the life expectancy of a people began to grow. They had gotten knowledge and learn how to apply it.

My people, God is not against knowledge, he has never been against knowledge. The Bible is to guide you so that you consciously use what knowledge you have for the good and prosperity of others. Blessed is that man who plants a tree under whose shade he will never sit.

It's funny that most of the people whom have attacked me here have not attacked my words but my 'perceived' character. I will not defend myself, in fact I have no need to as long as nairaland remains an anonymous forum. All I wish to say is clear the ogogoro from your eyes, read what I've posted, and ask yourself honestly if there's any truth in what I've said. That's all I ask for.

ATTEND ALL THE PROGRAMS YOU WANT TO ATTEND, BUT REMEMBER THAT GOD WON'T ASK YOU FOR ATTENDANCE WHEN YOUR'RE DEAD

James 1:27 Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

Luke 10
25 On one occasion an expert in the law stood up to test Jesus. “Teacher,” he asked, “what must I do to inherit eternal life?”
26 “What is written in the Law?” he replied. “How do you read it?”
27 He answered, “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind’[c]; and, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[d]”
28 “You have answered correctly,” Jesus replied. “Do this and you will live.”
29 But he wanted to justify himself, so he asked Jesus, “And who is my neighbor?”
30 In reply Jesus said: “A man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho, when he was attacked by robbers. They stripped him of his clothes, beat him and went away, leaving him half dead.
31 A priest happened to be going down the same road, and when he saw the man, he passed by on the other side.
32 So too, a Levite, when he came to the place and saw him, passed by on the other side.
33 But a Samaritan, as he traveled, came where the man was; and when he saw him, he took pity on him.
34 He went to him and bandaged his wounds, pouring on oil and wine. Then he put the man on his own donkey, brought him to an inn and took care of him.
35 The next day he took out two denarii[e] and gave them to the innkeeper. ‘Look after him,’ he said, ‘and when I return, I will reimburse you for any extra expense you may have.’
36 “Which of these three do you think was a neighbor to the man who fell into the hands of robbers?”
37 The expert in the law replied, “The one who had mercy on him.”
Jesus told him, “Go and do likewise.”

Jeremiah 14
11 Then the LORD said to me, “Do not pray for the well-being of this people.
12 Although they fast, I will not listen to their cry; though they offer burnt offerings and grain offerings, I will not accept them. Instead, I will destroy them with the sword, famine and plague.”
13 But I said, “Alas, Sovereign LORD! The prophets keep telling them, ‘You will not see the sword or suffer famine. Indeed, I will give you lasting peace in this place.’”
14 Then the LORD said to me, “The prophets are prophesying lies in my name. I have not sent them or appointed them or spoken to them. They are prophesying to you false visions, divinations, idolatries[a] and the delusions of their own minds.
15 Therefore this is what the LORD says about the prophets who are prophesying in my name: I did not send them, yet they are saying, ‘No sword or famine will touch this land.’ Those same prophets will perish by sword and famine.
16 And the people they are prophesying to will be thrown out into the streets of Jerusalem because of the famine and sword. There will be no one to bury them, their wives, their sons and their daughters. I will pour out on them the calamity they deserve.

Pls do not read my verses on their own. Ensure you open the Bible to read them and understand the context in which they're used. I would never use God's word to curse or insult someone. That's my principle,  hopefully this will be my last reply.

Merry Xmas to everyone, and may the LORD do new things in your life and the life of our nation cheesy
Few minutes of fame, *Nods head in disgust*
Re: Rccg Holy Ghost Congress 2011 Tagged "A New Thing" by Nobody: 1:57pm On Dec 14, 2011
New thing in my life now in Jesus Name Amen
Re: Rccg Holy Ghost Congress 2011 Tagged "A New Thing" by Nobody: 1:59pm On Dec 14, 2011
Jencejyde:

Few minutes of fame, *Nods head in disgust*
More like few minutes you've known me,  shake your head in joy brother,
Re: Rccg Holy Ghost Congress 2011 Tagged "A New Thing" by abouqi(f): 2:14pm On Dec 14, 2011
after reading all your comments since you joined this forum l can only conclude about you that you don't really know what you talk about than to just open your mouth, make noise & shot it! How ignorant of you to talk about men of God like that? Even they are as you think in your head, are you to judge them or are you purer than them or because you are not a Pastor? Bible says "Be yee transformed by the renewal of your mind,, mtscewwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Rccg Holy Ghost Congress 2011 Tagged "A New Thing" by Nobody: 2:15pm On Dec 14, 2011
abouqi:

after reading all your comments since you joined this forum l can only conclude about you that you don't really know what you talk about than to just open your mouth, make noise & shot it! How ignorant of you to talk about men of God like that? Even they are as you think in your head, are you to judge them or are you purer than them or because you are not a Pastor? Bible says "Be yee transformed by the renewal of your mind,, mtscewwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for reading through my profile. It gladdens my heart you were able to glean so much knowledge
Re: Rccg Holy Ghost Congress 2011 Tagged "A New Thing" by abouqi(f): 2:19pm On Dec 14, 2011
Knowledge? Go back and read my comment about you properly. Ode!
Re: Rccg Holy Ghost Congress 2011 Tagged "A New Thing" by Nobody: 2:26pm On Dec 14, 2011
abouqi:

Knowledge? Go back and read my comment about you properly. Ode!
Thank you Ma. Thank God I'm not your child. May knowledge continue to dwell in my head.
Re: Rccg Holy Ghost Congress 2011 Tagged "A New Thing" by karpenter: 2:29pm On Dec 14, 2011
May the God of Adeboye make you eat from garbage cans until you recognise His Omnipotence.

Please note that if he doesn't eat from the garbage, then the god of Adeboye has failed!!!!
Re: Rccg Holy Ghost Congress 2011 Tagged "A New Thing" by Nobody: 2:32pm On Dec 14, 2011
karpenter:

Please note that if he doesn't eat from the garbage, then the god of Adeboye has failed!!!!
They'll say he forgave me and gave me another chance

Scripture - One size fits all
Re: Rccg Holy Ghost Congress 2011 Tagged "A New Thing" by hardbody: 3:30pm On Dec 14, 2011
Oh Ok. Is that why there is so much traffic snarl? please when are they finishing? It is important that this new thing happening should include proper management of human and vehicular traffic especially with fuel scarcity looming. It would not be a 'good' new thing if we have to suffer the scarcity on the one hand and having this accentuated traffic deliberately caused by humans because of bad management shocked shocked shocked
Re: Rccg Holy Ghost Congress 2011 Tagged "A New Thing" by gymer(m): 3:33pm On Dec 14, 2011
The congress continues. You are all invited.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/29721-adeboye-urges-nigerians-to-seek-god%E2%80%99s-face.html
Re: Rccg Holy Ghost Congress 2011 Tagged "A New Thing" by stagger: 4:44pm On Dec 14, 2011
karpenter:

You wan follow that mosquito human being chop from garbage can? The only regret is that due to the anonymous nature of NL, we no go know am when we see am dey chop from there.

The God of Adeboye is spelt with a very capital "G", and that is the God he professes. Some of you that claim you went to school don't even know how to use punctuation marks. tongue
Re: Rccg Holy Ghost Congress 2011 Tagged "A New Thing" by cautious: 4:59pm On Dec 14, 2011
stagger:

Spitting in the air, I love that phrase.

My own is if they like, let them spit in the air, but the day someone will spit in my backyard is the day we will know who is who, just like two fellows who usurped my land in the village and are today buried in it after they both went to bed and did not wake up in the same month.

They apparently did not know the import of the statement: the earth is the Lord's and the fullness thereof. They stole my land, and I simply asked God to effect the verse:

"dust you are, and to dust you shall return".

Some people here do not know the power in God's name, until they decide to challenge it openly and face the consequences.

So please, make una spit for air o! Not in my backyard!

@Stagger, this is the Spirit I see in Christ - When the sons of Zebedee asked Him to call fire from heaven and consume an entire village, He replied that the Son of Man came to give life, not destroy it. So I ask you, in what spirit do you operate? You seem so confident in quoting a scripture that applies to all human beings which is perfect example of proof texting. With all due respect, your submission doesn't demonstrate a heart of love that defines the Christian experience and you are the kind of person that threatens opposing parties with curses. Let's focus on truth here and not be overzealous in defending our views. As Sovpounds said earlier, let God be true and let Him alone be the Judge of His church.
Btw, something exciting about this thread is that Christians are challenging the status quo without any fear of being cursed. It doesn't make us perfect overnight but the TRUTH certainly sets us free from slavery mindsets.
Re: Rccg Holy Ghost Congress 2011 Tagged "A New Thing" by Nobody: 5:24pm On Dec 14, 2011
cautious:

@Stagger, this is the Spirit I see in Christ - When the sons of Zebedee asked Him to call fire from heaven and consume an entire village, He replied that the Son of Man came to give life, not destroy it. So I ask you, in what spirit do you operate? You seem so confident in quoting a scripture that applies to all human beings which is perfect example of proof texting. With all due respect, your submission doesn't demonstrate a heart of love that defines the Christian experience and you are the kind of person that threatens opposing parties with curses. Let's focus on truth here and not be overzealous in defending our views. As Sovpounds said earlier, let God be true and let Him alone be the Judge of His church.
Btw, something exciting about this thread is that Christians are challenging the status quo without any fear of being cursed. It doesn't make us perfect overnight but the TRUTH certainly sets us free from slavery mindsets.
A breath of fresh air!!!! This thread really needed that. Thanks
Re: Rccg Holy Ghost Congress 2011 Tagged "A New Thing" by karpenter: 5:26pm On Dec 14, 2011
You wan follow that mosquito human being chop from garbage can? The only regret is that due to the anonymous nature of NL, we no go know am when we see am dey chop from there.

The God of Adeboye is spelt with a very capital "G", and that is the God he professes. Some of you that claim you went to school don't even know how to use punctuation marks

You live in constant fright and awe of a fellow mortal like you. Why? It would have made more sense to me if you had said "my God" instead of "God of Adeboye". Please learn to place more values in yourself than others. How are you even convinced that God doesn’t consider you above this Adeboye fellow? Or you think it’s impossible?

Again, I am sure that a person like Adeboye, in the face of any aggravation, will certainly not wish anyone to eat from garbage can. So try and grow up.
Re: Rccg Holy Ghost Congress 2011 Tagged "A New Thing" by Nobody: 5:31pm On Dec 14, 2011
karpenter:

You live in constant fright and awe of a fellow mortal like you. Why? It would have made more sense to me if you had said "my God" instead of "God of Adeboye". Please learn to place more values in yourself than others. How are you even convinced that God doesn’t consider you above this Adeboye fellow? Or you think it’s impossible?

Again, I am sure that a person like Adeboye, in the face of any aggravation, will certainly not wish anyone to eat from garbage can. So try and grow up.

Check his posts. He's a proven penterascal. Arguing with logic is his handicap so he resorts to using curses and threats. Just move on,

Still waiting for someone to challenge this anyway:
It's funny that most of the people whom have attacked me here have not attacked my words but my 'perceived' character. I will not defend myself, in fact I have no need to as long as nairaland remains an anonymous forum. All I wish to say is clear the ogogoro from your eyes, read what I've posted, and ask yourself honestly if there's any truth in what I've said. That's all I ask for.
Re: Rccg Holy Ghost Congress 2011 Tagged "A New Thing" by Nobody: 6:57pm On Dec 14, 2011
Re: Rccg Holy Ghost Congress 2011 Tagged "A New Thing" by stagger: 7:14pm On Dec 14, 2011
cautious:

You can blow wind all you like, I know my rights as assured me by God in the bible and I exercised it. My bible assured me that the blessings of Abraham are fully mine, and that the death of Christ was to connect me fully to that blessing.

God said He will curse those who curse Abraham and bless those who bless him. That is why when I step into the streets with all the hawks and cheats and satanic human beings crawling this earth, I fear no evil because God is with me.

The father and son that colluded to steal land paid for their actions, and that only reinforces the fact that my God protects me on a daily basis and will go to any lengths to protect me.

Only Christians who are afraid of exercising their rights in Christ will listen to the rantings of the mosquito man and his cohorts. I got no such qualms.

Father and son usurped land which did not belong to them. The Owner of the earth, who declared that we are dust and to dust we shall return, was appealed to; He executed judgement and today, the graves of the father and the son are living testimonies to what happens to those who dare God and His children.

Some people like to be docile about their beliefs. I am not one of them. I do not go about making trouble or asking God to punish my enemies, but those who ask for such treatment will get it from the One who looks after me.

Anyone who does not like it, can bury his head in the sand!
Re: Rccg Holy Ghost Congress 2011 Tagged "A New Thing" by Nobody: 7:15pm On Dec 14, 2011
MusKeeto!!!

What have you done??!! You have murdered a lot of people and the christian religion!!

And for the above, I label you a true brother in Christ. You have finally been able to see beyond religion and all the trash that follows it and speak the true words of God the Father. You speak like a true son of our Father: God.

Mukee-baba, you are a true son of God and follower of Christ. I am grateful to God for pple like you because they are truly few.

Pls nairalanders, ponder on this verses: Rom3:4, Isa 55:8-9. And pray to God to see the truth through these verses.
Re: Rccg Holy Ghost Congress 2011 Tagged "A New Thing" by Jencejyde(m): 7:39pm On Dec 14, 2011
musKeeto:

More like few minutes you've known me,  shake your head in joy brother, 
Are you serious, after all the garbage you spewed, you are now trying to make urself look Good, shame, if you were gonna go all sober, why start all the rants in the first place, As for joy, I am simply blessed, Good to see ur tone has changed though. Have a good day.
Re: Rccg Holy Ghost Congress 2011 Tagged "A New Thing" by Nobody: 7:44pm On Dec 14, 2011
So u follow for those wey no dey read post just dey argue, sober wetin? I resemble stagger?

You are yet to contribute anything useful to this thread so please take your photoshop face move go anoda thread, grin Sarcasm is a mean b***h
Re: Rccg Holy Ghost Congress 2011 Tagged "A New Thing" by Jencejyde(m): 7:52pm On Dec 14, 2011
musKeeto:

So u follow for those wey no dey read post just dey argue, sober wetin? I resemble stagger?

You are yet to contribute anything useful to this thread so please take your photoshop face move go anoda thread, grin Sarcasm is a mean b***h
Na wah oh, so na u contribute useful something, after all the gibberish, you now want to sound like an infant? Who are you using quotes for?
, (b***h) say it in full nah, So every one you meet online looks stupid to you abi, is that what maturity is? (if you have any?) an you are here telling someone to carry photoshop face away and the next minute you will be sounding like an infant who is sorry for spilling milk, Keep walking. u aint it.
Re: Rccg Holy Ghost Congress 2011 Tagged "A New Thing" by Nobody: 7:58pm On Dec 14, 2011
omo_to_dun:

@ musKeeto

Forget our differences and bickering on other threads. You are truly a man after my heart. I support all the points that you have raised. Religion is killing our folks and they seem not to realize it. Christianity(and all its denominations) and Islam are not bad in themselves, but the way Nigerians are slavishly and passionately practicing these religions is not only interesting and entertaining, but also highly comical and idiotic.

"If God has an inbox for prayers, Nigeria's prayers would probably be in his spam box because from the look of things he ain't answering shit"

Chei, musKeeto, you wicked o. grin

Lmao. No hard feelings at all. Wetin u dey find here?
Tbh, most of what I know and think now is an indirect influence of programming. It makes you think out of the box, gives you an ability to recognise cause and effects, and most importantly question everything. Hope we start off a new note on the programming section. Nice to know we're on the same page.
Jencejyde:

Na wah oh, so na u contribute useful something, after all the gibberish, you now want to sound like an infant? Who are you using quotes for?
, (b***h) say it in full nah, So every one you meet online looks silly to you abi, is that what maturity is? (if you have any?) an you are here telling someone to carry photoshop face away and the next minute you will be sounding like an infant who is sorry for spilling milk, Keep walking. u aint it.
Mr. if you dey find argument, go ziddon for court. If you have an issue with anything I've said, stop being vague, simply highlight or quote it and I'll clarify. Shikena
Re: Rccg Holy Ghost Congress 2011 Tagged "A New Thing" by Nobody: 8:00pm On Dec 14, 2011
pDude:

MusKeeto!!!

What have you done??!! You have murdered a lot of people and the christian religion!!

And for the above, I label you a true brother in Christ. You have finally been able to see beyond religion and all the trash that follows it and speak the true words of God the Father. You speak like a true son of our Father: God.

Mukee-baba, you are a true son of God and follower of Christ. I am grateful to God for pple like you because they are truly few.

Pls nairalanders, ponder on this verses: Rom3:4, Isa 55:8-9. And pray to God to see the truth through these verses.
Got your mail. Will reply as soon as possible. Keep thinking.
Re: Rccg Holy Ghost Congress 2011 Tagged "A New Thing" by Jencejyde(m): 8:08pm On Dec 14, 2011
musKeeto:

Lmao. No hard feelings at all. Wetin u dey find here?
Tbh, most of what I know and think now is an indirect influence of programming. It makes you think out of the box, gives you an ability to recognise cause and effects, and most importantly question everything. Hope we start off a new note on the programming section. Nice to know we're on the same page.Mr. if you dey find argument, go ziddon for court. If you have an issue with anything I've said, stop being vague, simply highlight or quote it and I'll clarify. Shikena

See hostility creeping in you now and you were yapping up an down some few posts earlier, Na us sabi grammar oh, vague, quote ,highlight, pele oh.

Simple reverse psychology is getting to you and you were insulting an institution under a topic that only aims to inform peeps about a program going on, Ol boy, you dont have any on me an sitting here writing to point out issues with you will be wasteful, Under a few posts and you are already sounding like you wanna burst, Look sir, i speak what i say to you regardless of whether im online or offline and my advise is simply don't start what you cant end.
Re: Rccg Holy Ghost Congress 2011 Tagged "A New Thing" by Nobody: 8:11pm On Dec 14, 2011
Hostility? Grammar? Reverse psychology? Na wa,
Re: Rccg Holy Ghost Congress 2011 Tagged "A New Thing" by Jencejyde(m): 8:16pm On Dec 14, 2011
musKeeto:

Hostility? Grammar? Na wa,

Hahahaha, been a while ive done this, going at an individual, and the older we get, there are somethings we just gotta leave behind. I wish you the best man. Not gonna do this cos it aint worth it. Hope you have wonderful christmas and blessed new year. Plus The almighty will surely do a new thing in our Great country.
Re: Rccg Holy Ghost Congress 2011 Tagged "A New Thing" by Nobody: 8:21pm On Dec 14, 2011
Jencejyde:

Ol boy, you dont have any on me an sitting here writing to point out issues with you will be wasteful,  Under a few posts and you are already sounding like you wanna burst,  Look sir, i speak what i say to you regardless of whether im online or offline and my advise is simply don't start what you cant end.

Nothing new. All Im getting here is threats. No bible verse to back that threat up?
Re: Rccg Holy Ghost Congress 2011 Tagged "A New Thing" by Jencejyde(m): 8:23pm On Dec 14, 2011
musKeeto:

Nothing new. All Im getting here is threats. No bible verse to back that threat up?

Threats from who oh?
Re: Rccg Holy Ghost Congress 2011 Tagged "A New Thing" by Nobody: 8:25pm On Dec 14, 2011
Dont start what you can't end? Threat or advice?
Re: Rccg Holy Ghost Congress 2011 Tagged "A New Thing" by Jencejyde(m): 8:28pm On Dec 14, 2011
musKeeto:

Dont start what you can't end? Threat or advice?
advise!

musKeeto:

as stated here
Re: Rccg Holy Ghost Congress 2011 Tagged "A New Thing" by Jencejyde(m): 8:29pm On Dec 14, 2011
Jencejyde:

See hostility creeping in you now and you were yapping up an down some few posts earlier, Na us sabi grammar oh, vague, quote ,highlight, pele oh.

Simple reverse psychology is getting to you and you were insulting an institution under a topic that only aims to inform peeps about a program going on, Ol boy, you dont have any on me an sitting here writing to point out issues with you will be wasteful, Under a few posts and you are already sounding like you wanna burst, Look sir, i speak what i say to you regardless of whether im online or offline and my advise is simply don't start what you cant end.
as stated here

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dr Myles Munroe And His Wife Dead In Plane Crash / Is It Right For Unmarried Christian Woman To Get Pregnant Through IVF / Morality And God's Plan: The Sinful Nature Of Homosexuality

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.