Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,204 members, 7,825,771 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 10:54 PM

Can A Man And Woman Be Close Friends Without Having Anything In Mind ? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can A Man And Woman Be Close Friends Without Having Anything In Mind ? (3980 Views)

Can A Guy And A Girl Be Best Friends Without Falling For Each Other? / How Man And Woman Can Make Each Other Happy (photo) / You Can Have Male Friends Without Sleeping With Them! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Man And Woman Be Close Friends Without Having Anything In Mind ? by Babasessy(m): 8:20pm On Dec 11, 2011
Just stumbled on this video on youtube and wondered if from African or Nigerian pespective a man and woman can become close friends without having  anything in mind.
Lets have your view after watching this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_lh5fR4DMA&feature=player_embedded
Re: Can A Man And Woman Be Close Friends Without Having Anything In Mind ? by Nobody: 12:33am On Dec 12, 2011
forget any videos whatsoever, YES THEY CAN!!!!
Re: Can A Man And Woman Be Close Friends Without Having Anything In Mind ? by sugardaddy1(m): 9:39am On Dec 12, 2011
Yes, but only in the short run. In the long run, the closeness will fizzle out if nothing dramatically common to both happens to sustain the closeness.
Re: Can A Man And Woman Be Close Friends Without Having Anything In Mind ? by freecocoa(f): 10:00am On Dec 12, 2011
Ofcourse they can,I'm a living proof.
Re: Can A Man And Woman Be Close Friends Without Having Anything In Mind ? by slimyem: 10:04am On Dec 12, 2011
i aint watching no video.
To your question yes!
I have close male friends of seven years and counting and NOTHING has ever happened and most probably never will.
Re: Can A Man And Woman Be Close Friends Without Having Anything In Mind ? by maclatunji: 10:50am On Dec 12, 2011
^^^Dey lie to yourself.
Re: Can A Man And Woman Be Close Friends Without Having Anything In Mind ? by GWslim(f): 11:04am On Dec 12, 2011
Very very sure and real without anything in focus.
Re: Can A Man And Woman Be Close Friends Without Having Anything In Mind ? by slimyem: 11:43am On Dec 12, 2011
maclatunji:

^^^Dey lie to yourself.
Guy,no be lie o.i swear by my laptop!
Seriously,its true.infact,my best friend is a guy and he's engaged right now.Ilve never seen him as more than a good friend and i bet he's never seen me as more than such too.rare but it sure exists!
Re: Can A Man And Woman Be Close Friends Without Having Anything In Mind ? by bekay911(f): 11:49am On Dec 12, 2011
Y not? Ar u an island. U can av frnds or b close without anytn in mind bt u av to knw or define ur boundaries so dat u dnt send d wrong signals to d opposite sex or lead dem on
Re: Can A Man And Woman Be Close Friends Without Having Anything In Mind ? by maclatunji: 11:52am On Dec 12, 2011
slimyem:

Guy,no be lie o.i swear by my laptop!
Seriously,its true.infact,my best friend is a guy and he's engaged right now.Ilve never seen him as more than a good friend and i bet he's never seen me as more than such too.rare but it sure exists!

Wait till your best friend gets married and comes to Nairaland to start this thread.

I am married but in-love with my best friend.

If the peron is not your relative, forget it. The attraction will be there, whether or not you act on it is a different matter; but to say the attraction is not there would be to lie to yourself. There has to be something that you like in "your friend" and the truth is that we are not wired in such a way to have close friendship with the opposite gender without wanting more.

Adam and Eve started-out as friends before they became lovers- we are all evidence of this!

This is the truth, any other thing is the counterfeit.
Re: Can A Man And Woman Be Close Friends Without Having Anything In Mind ? by mashnino(m): 12:03pm On Dec 12, 2011
bekay911:

Y not? Ar u an island. U can av frnds or b close without anytn in mind bt u av to knw or define your boundaries so dat u dnt send d wrong signals to d opposite sex or lead dem on

Your head is there, best comment since the inception of this topic,
Re: Can A Man And Woman Be Close Friends Without Having Anything In Mind ? by slimyem: 12:07pm On Dec 12, 2011
maclatunji:

Wait till your best friend gets married and comes to Nairaland to start this thread.

I am married but in-love with my best friend.

If the peron is not your relative, forget it. The attraction will be there, whether or not you act on it is a different matter; but to say the attraction is not there would be to lie to yourself. There has to be something that you like in "your friend" and the truth is that we are not wired in such a way to have close friendship with the opposite gender without wanting more.

Adam and Eve started-out as friends before they became lovers- we are all evidence of this!

This is the truth, any other thing is the counterfeit.
in short,you are saying it is almost impossible not to be attracted to the opposite sex no matter who she/he is.right?i hope not!
Being disciplined enough to act on attraction or not is not the point.the point is inexistence of physical attraction is very possible
in relations btwn opposites.
Re: Can A Man And Woman Be Close Friends Without Having Anything In Mind ? by maclatunji: 12:22pm On Dec 12, 2011
slimyem:

in short,you are saying it is almost impossible not to be attracted to the opposite sex no matter who she/he is.right?i hope not!
Being disciplined enough to act on attraction or not is not the point.the point is inexistence of physical attraction is very possible
in relations btwn opposites.

Smart girl, I like the way you identified the real issue. Yes, I am saying you cannot be close friends with a member of the opposite gender without physical attraction creeping-in unless you are very close relatives.
Re: Can A Man And Woman Be Close Friends Without Having Anything In Mind ? by mashnino(m): 12:28pm On Dec 12, 2011
maclatunji:

Smart girl, I like the way you identified the real issue. Yes, I am saying you cannot be close friends with a member of the opposite gender without physical attraction creeping-in unless you are very close relatives.

might be possible but only in few cases
Re: Can A Man And Woman Be Close Friends Without Having Anything In Mind ? by Pennywise(m): 12:37pm On Dec 12, 2011
It may be possible. But I am not interested. Not sure if I can wait long enough to find out.
Re: Can A Man And Woman Be Close Friends Without Having Anything In Mind ? by sexsinners(m): 12:41pm On Dec 12, 2011
unlesss your ugly and he is gay

why not!

but if ur not ugly ,and he is not gay

impossible.

1 Like

Re: Can A Man And Woman Be Close Friends Without Having Anything In Mind ? by sexsinners(m): 12:42pm On Dec 12, 2011
girls if you have multiple guy frds who do not find you attractive well then.

lets just say your very funny. cool
Re: Can A Man And Woman Be Close Friends Without Having Anything In Mind ? by slimyem: 12:54pm On Dec 12, 2011
maclatunji:

and i am saying it is VERY possible.i have male friends i love just like i love my family and would do anything for just as i would for my family.male friends that fall in this category do not appeal to me physically or sexually and these two are important drives for a relationship.don you think?
Re: Can A Man And Woman Be Close Friends Without Having Anything In Mind ? by Nautillus(m): 2:08pm On Dec 12, 2011
Sure, why not.
Re: Can A Man And Woman Be Close Friends Without Having Anything In Mind ? by maclatunji: 2:27pm On Dec 12, 2011
slimyem:

and i am saying it is VERY possible.i have male friends i love just like i love my family and would do anything for just as i would for my family.male friends that fall in this category do not appeal to me physically or sexually and these two are important drives for a relationship.don you think?

Like really? I assure you those guys have been sampling vibes from you. You just don't realise it; are you one of those girls that thinks nothing of a "harmless hug." Yes or No!
Re: Can A Man And Woman Be Close Friends Without Having Anything In Mind ? by Nobody: 2:42pm On Dec 12, 2011
sexsinners:

unlesss your ugly and he is man-lover

why not!

but if your not ugly ,and he is not man-lover

impossible.
gbam!!! I love realists!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Can A Man And Woman Be Close Friends Without Having Anything In Mind ? by bekay911(f): 4:06pm On Dec 12, 2011
mashnino:

Your head is there, best comment since the inception of this topic,
tnx speakin from experience
Re: Can A Man And Woman Be Close Friends Without Having Anything In Mind ? by MrCork17: 4:12pm On Dec 12, 2011
bekay911. sweeery can u stand 2 inches close to me? tongue
Re: Can A Man And Woman Be Close Friends Without Having Anything In Mind ? by Nobody: 4:15pm On Dec 12, 2011
yes but it's rare.

and NO, it doesn't mean the man or woman is hom0s3xual.
Not all heteros are into each other.  tongue

Mr, Cork:

bekay911. sweeery can u stand 2 inches close to me? tongue

2 inches are all you got,s.
Re: Can A Man And Woman Be Close Friends Without Having Anything In Mind ? by MrCork17: 4:18pm On Dec 12, 2011
MsDarkSkin. sweeery i bet on my Range Rover Sport that I would ignore u if u walk pass me!! undecided
Re: Can A Man And Woman Be Close Friends Without Having Anything In Mind ? by bekay911(f): 4:22pm On Dec 12, 2011
Mr, Cork:

bekay911.  sweeery can u stand  2 inches close to me?  tongue
i dont think u stand ma AURA. Am so sorry
MsDarkSkin:

2 inches are all you got,s.
 lol
Re: Can A Man And Woman Be Close Friends Without Having Anything In Mind ? by MrCork17: 4:27pm On Dec 12, 2011
bekay911:

i dont think u stand ma AURA. Am so sorry  lol

whats funny. are u hungry? undecided
Re: Can A Man And Woman Be Close Friends Without Having Anything In Mind ? by MrCork17: 4:28pm On Dec 12, 2011
actually i love women sitting next to me in a bus! tongue
Re: Can A Man And Woman Be Close Friends Without Having Anything In Mind ? by Nobody: 4:29pm On Dec 12, 2011
Mr, Cork:

MsDarkSkin.  sweeery i bet on my Range Rover Sport that  I would ignore u if u walk pass me!! undecided

starting now wood be grates.!!!  wink

bekay911:

lol

wink cheesy
Re: Can A Man And Woman Be Close Friends Without Having Anything In Mind ? by MrCork17: 4:32pm On Dec 12, 2011
MsDarkSkin:

starting now wood be grates.!!!  wink

wink cheesy

grates or GREAT?? Village girl! undecided
Re: Can A Man And Woman Be Close Friends Without Having Anything In Mind ? by bekay911(f): 4:35pm On Dec 12, 2011
Mr, Cork:

actually i love women sitting next to me in a bus! tongue
u mean kagbu kagbu abi molue
Mr, Cork:

whats funny.  are u hungry? undecided
i just had lunch sorry u missed it. Maybe nxt tym
Re: Can A Man And Woman Be Close Friends Without Having Anything In Mind ? by Nobody: 4:35pm On Dec 12, 2011
Mr, Cork:

grates or  GREAT??   Village girl! undecided

it,s graites actullaly!
NOW SCOOT!!! ogunfe.  cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Pride Of A Man / . / What Is Your Perfect Break-up Line?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.