Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,377 members, 7,819,370 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:01 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 (212529 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (101) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by kaycome: 2:21pm On Dec 19, 2011
@ davidylan i have added you to my YIM so we can talk.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by DonTydee: 5:31pm On Dec 19, 2011
House this thread has helped me immensely. I am going to Abuja emb. tomorrow. 10 a.m. Remember me in ur prayers. , To share my testimony soon
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by kaycome: 5:58pm On Dec 19, 2011
@Don i pray that God will grant you favor at the embassy. It will be well with you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by zerocool(m): 6:46pm On Dec 19, 2011
An Interview some reporters had with the U.S embassy Chief Consul in Abuja.

Read here: http://forumcitizens.com/featured/interview-about-u-s-visas-with-the-us-embassy-chief-consul-in-abuja/

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Nobody: 11:44pm On Dec 19, 2011
kaycome:

@ davidylan i have added you to my YIM so we can talk.

email me - davidylan@yahoo.com
I dont use YIM much but email me and i will make out time to join you. Please note the new email address . . . you may need to change it on your YIM. God bless.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by nairaspace: 6:05pm On Dec 20, 2011
zerocool:

An Interview some reporters had with the U.S embassy Chief Consul in Abuja.

Read here: http://forumcitizens.com/featured/interview-about-u-s-visas-with-the-us-embassy-chief-consul-in-abuja/

Nice post!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by DonTydee: 7:38pm On Dec 20, 2011
My visa was approved today at Abuja embassy despite the low success rate. I'm too happy to post it now, you'll have it soon, Baba God noni. One luv y'all

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by cophild: 7:40pm On Dec 20, 2011
@Don, Congratulobia

Hmmmm, Tmr is d d-day, D day d Lord ll crown all ur effort in this forum, As Square Said, U knw Urself, Congrats in advance bro?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by DonTydee: 7:50pm On Dec 20, 2011
Thanks all, for your prayers, wishes and congrats. You'll also share your testimony soon. E go beta
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by kaycome: 9:12pm On Dec 20, 2011
@ Don congrat for your visa. wetin we go use wash am? am waiting for imperioux success story too.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by kaycome: 9:19pm On Dec 20, 2011
Too all 2012 fall applicant please being to get ready to take over from the spring applicant smiley wink grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by DonTydee: 9:41pm On Dec 20, 2011
Kaycome thanks for your wishes oh. U no get wahala for d washing. ur own testimony dey come soon
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by adesloop: 9:59pm On Dec 20, 2011
please i apply for an emergency appointment and I got a mail today that my interview appointment has been approve. When I got to the site, I saw it on the dashboard that it has been approve. I try to schedule for the approved date but the system said i need to cancel the previous appointment., please what should i do. thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by phy: 10:11pm On Dec 20, 2011
adesloop:

please i apply for an emergency appointment and I got a mail today that my interview appointment has been approve. When I got to the site, I saw it on the dashboard that it has been approve. I try to schedule for the approved date but the system said i need to cancel the previous appointment., please what should i do. thanks
So cancel the previous one so that you can get a new update.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by kaycome: 10:18pm On Dec 20, 2011
Thank Phy for the straight answer. since you were told to cancel the old appointment then just do exactly. Or do you still want to eat your cake and have it back? smiley grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by adesloop: 10:36pm On Dec 20, 2011
Thanks bro. I have cancelled the appointment and when i want to schedule the appointment, i was able to see the new date but each time i click on the date, it says no appointment is available for the date. Please what is the next line of action.
thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by DonTydee: 11:16pm On Dec 20, 2011
Here's the interview I promised

I wasnt smiling cos they werent smiling today.
VO: you got admission to study masters in mech engr, from bla bla bla uni.?
me: yes
VO: what did study in undergraduate study?
me: same course mech engr.
VO: where you required to take tests?
VO: let me see ur GRE
me: ok *hands it over to him*
VO: can I see your transcripts?
me: *hands it over*
VO: you did a final year project, describe it for me
me: *describes it for him* not sure I did it confidently
VO: *looks at transcript* What is thermodynamics?
me: *describes it with some level of fear due to how applicants are being turned down*
VO: did you apply to any other schools?
VO: which schools?
me: 3 with 2 accepts*mentions them*
VO: who is sponsoring you?
me: my elder sister
VO: why will she sponsor you?
me: I'm the last child in my family and she's fond of me. And its also favour to my mum
VO: what does she do?
me: *tells him*
VO: any relative in US?
me: no
VO: have you been denied a US visa before?
VO: I'm going to approve your visa today come in 2 days and collect it. Bring your I-20 while coming
me: thank you. Shikina *pack my stuvs and leaves*

NB: Na God just deliver d something give me. They turned away a lot of people unjustly today, especially the guy in window 6

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by adesloop: 12:35am On Dec 21, 2011
Congratulations
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by phy: 1:40am On Dec 21, 2011
adesloop:

Thanks bro. I have cancelled the appointment and when i want to schedule the appointment, i was able to see the new date but each time i click on the date, it says no appointment is available for the date. Please what is the next line of action.
thanks

Do you have the email that reflects your time and date for the interview? if yes, then you are good to go. However, you could still try the stuff out, but you don't need to do the online update once you have the email, in fact the lower section of the email informs you to print and bring that along for your interview.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by GboyegaD(m): 5:33am On Dec 21, 2011
Imperiouxx,

May God go before you this day and may He grant you the inner courage you need to excel in your interview.

I look forward to reading your success story.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by adesloop: 7:07am On Dec 21, 2011
phy:

Do you have the email that reflects your time and date for the interview? if yes, then you are good to go. However, you could still try the stuff out, but you don't need to do the online update once you have the email, in fact the lower section of the email informs you to print and bring that along for your interview.

The date was not stated on the email
"Thank you for contacting the U.S. Embassy/Consulate. Your Emergency appointment request is approved and is valid until 1/27/2012.

To book your appointment, go to the U.S. visa services website at www.ustraveldocs.com, choose your country and then click the green "APPLY NOW" button on the right side of the page. The online instructions will guide you through your application. Please note that the website will not allow you to schedule an Emergency appointment if you have not already paid your MRV fee. Be sure to have your paid receipt number available when scheduling.

Please find the description for Approval :
"
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by imperiouxx(m): 1:14pm On Dec 21, 2011
Yea, I was denied by the lady in window 7 for the reason no one could say but I guess not a better luck this time. The down fall of a man isn't the end of his life. Thanks all. Posting the exp soon.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by deevick246(m): 1:47pm On Dec 21, 2011
imperiouxx:

Yea, I was denied by the lady in window 7 for the reason no one could say but I guess not a better luck this time. The down fall of a man isn't the end of his life. Thanks all. Posting the exp soon.

This is not a palatable news but all I can say to you is that you should keep your hope alive. Also I strongly advice you share your interview experience so that people here can both learn and make comments.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by aroy1: 2:38pm On Dec 21, 2011
imperiouxx

Have you applied there previously?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by aroy1: 2:53pm On Dec 21, 2011
imperiouxx

Any prospective graduate student that writes and gets a good GRE score has increased their chance of success. Even if it is waived for you, go ahead and write it. Why?

1) It costs about 40K naira. This shows that you have extra money.
2) Getting good scores in the exam proves that you are, at least 60%, a genuine student.

By the way, GRE was also waived for me. Why did you remove your interview post?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by imperiouxx(m): 5:21pm On Dec 21, 2011
aroy1:

imperiouxx

Any prospective graduate student that writes and gets a good GRE score has increased their chance of success. Even if it is waived for you, go ahead and write it. Why?

1) It costs about 40K naira. This shows that you have extra money.
2) Getting good scores in the exam proves that you are, at least 60%, a genuine student.

By the way, GRE was also waived for me. Why did you remove your interview post?

Why would I removed what I have already posted completely? It's antispam, I was blocked too. Check my profile, you will still see it there. I know gre might increase chance but it was at the dead minute I started thinking otherwise. You my Oct/Nov post. I can't say it's the gre really but just unlucky.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by kaycome: 5:34pm On Dec 21, 2011
@ imperiouxx sorry to hear that well from your interview, i think the main reason why she refuse you could be traceable to the GRE exam that you did not have. You spoke brilliantly trying to convince her but it is just unfortunately. Please dont give up ,
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by kaycome: 5:41pm On Dec 21, 2011
I want to ask anyone that have register for GRE exam online before if it is still possible to register online using credit card cos i check their site and i saw there that Nigerian are exempt from the online registration. I will prefer to register online cos it cost just $190(30k) compare with some1 registering with the prometric center. i need more light on it as i will to ask a friend from USA to do that for me as soon as possible. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Tittolala: 5:56pm On Dec 21, 2011
imperious i am so sorry, i believe in ur judgement , i believed u know why u were denied. Just try and make amends and try again. If u can schedule ur appointment to be interviewed in lagos why not give a try. I visited this thread 2day to know hw ur interview went, anyway God knows why, i believe God has a purpose 4 everything.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by pido101: 6:01pm On Dec 21, 2011
Hello house, i have read this thread 4 weeks now, and i have really benefited from ur contributions, i av an issue wt changing the address on my sevis fee receipt to a nigerian address, as i already stated stated that i dnt av any relations in the ds-160 form. Can any 1 gv any advice n this regard.
Also on my I-20 form, written on it is 36months for the duration of my prog, I enrolled for an MBA in Bleep Uni and the full time is actually 12months(1yr), shld i be asked at the embassy, how long is your programme.how many months do i say, kindly gave advice n the questions above
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by mydestiny2: 6:41pm On Dec 21, 2011
@imperioux,
it pained me so much for your denial.well i believe, God wil crown ur effort with success nxt tym.
however, apart frm ur GRE score, i think d last question led to ur denial

VO: What do u want to do with d course
imperioux: i will be coming back to my work because i'm on study leave,

vry, vry wrong, she was nt asking u whether u would be coming back or not. i think the remaining answers are okay for dat question.

dont quit!!!!!!!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (101)

I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! / Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou / Poland Work Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.