Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,042 members, 7,825,305 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 11:16 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 (212643 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (101) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by phy: 7:39pm On Dec 29, 2011
goshen360:

The issue is not believing. He believed when he went there as many times as he went. The issue is, the embassy might tell you to reapply but they might not probably tell you when and conditions attached to reapply because they want your money. Anyone denied a visa must wait a least 6 months from the time he/she was denied. I personally advice people to wait for one year. When you reapply within 6 months of initial denial, they see anxiety or desperation in you and hence, they keep denying. Also, you need do your homework very well before reapplying, your ground for denial must have changed or improved or better, that is your ties and economic status. Again, your preparation and presentation in how you answer questions matters. So, your waiting period of btw 6-12months is to allow certain changes to take place on the reasons for the denial and to do your preparation/homework well again. Good luck.

You don't need to wait for so long when denied an F1 visa. Once you can figure out what the cause of the denial, pls reapply without any delay. I have 2 friends that were denied the first time and they got their visas after reapplying in less than 2 weeks. Information is key!

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by phy: 7:47pm On Dec 29, 2011
kaycome:

@Ojap and others plz i have a GPA of 3.08/5.0 in my undergraduate. Can you plz help me to convert in to American standard. i mean on the scale of 4.0

The GPA is not really the issue at times. One of the thing they also look at is your performance in relevant courses to your MSc and the worst that may happen in some cases is that you'll be advised to take some prerequisites which i think isn't a bad idea at the long run. You could also contact an evaluation agency like WES, most time your GPA conversion comes out better from them.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Goshen360(m): 9:53pm On Dec 29, 2011
phy:

You don't need to wait for so long when denied an F1 visa. Once you can figure out what the cause of the denial, pls reapply without any delay. I have 2 friends that were denied the first time and they got their visas after reapplying in less than 2 weeks. Information is key!

Hmm, I think it will then be wise for us to look at percentage of student in this forum that was approved or denied within 4 weeks after initial first denial. My issue applies to larger percentage that are being denied. I don't always rule out luck at anytime as luck might have worked well for your 2 friends on a good day. In my own case, I went for F-1 twice within one month and was denied. I don't hold onto my claim and information at anytime but rather wish some people should experience things for themselves and come share with us. Also, I share my information out of personal experience and took my time to study USA (Immigrant and non-immigrant) visa policies within my 5 years in USA.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by cleverdude: 10:23pm On Dec 29, 2011
@goshen, thanks 4 dose contributions of urs. Those tips r really helpful. If u dnt mind,drop me ur facebook name,as i'll lyk us 2 chat,mine is Prosper Joseph
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by KayDee4: 12:19am On Dec 30, 2011
goshen360:

Hmm, I think it will then be wise for us to look at percentage of student in this forum that was approved or denied within 4 weeks after initial first denial. My issue applies to larger percentage that are being denied. I don't always rule out luck at anytime as luck might have worked well for your 2 friends on a good day. In my own case, I went for F-1 twice within one month and was denied. I don't hold onto my claim and information at anytime but rather wish some people should experience things for themselves and come share with us. Also, I share my information out of personal experience and took my time to study USA (Immigrant and non-immigrant) visa policies within my 5 years in USA.

Nice idea to give advice and tips but the use of words like "must" and the way you lay them out is, should i say . . . . . definitive or unequivocal. We have to recognize that there might be a million scenarios , all with different outcomes.

Statements like this:

YOU MUST HAVE INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL EXPERIENCE. YOU CAN EASILY TRAVEL TO PLACES LIKE TOGO, REPUBLIC OF BENIN AND GHANA WITHIN THE ECOWAS STATES WITHOUT A VISA, JUST AN ENTRY STAMP NEEDED.

Now this means, if you dont travel out and get your passport stamped before you go for a student intervirew, it is a sure denial which is . . . . wrong.

goshen360:

Anyone denied a visa must [/b]wait a least 6 months from the time he/she was denied. I personally advice people to wait for one year. When you reapply within 6 months of initial denial, they see anxiety or desperation in you and hence, they keep denying.

Some people have applied or booked new appointments the same week they were denied and got their visas pn second attempt, so you [b]musn't
wait for 6 months or 1 year. The time you have to wait might depend on the reason for your denial.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by cophild: 12:45am On Dec 30, 2011
Hi People, I have gotten to the US, The journey was good, all thanks to God, Mr Goschen aBEG EASY ON UR TIPS mk u nor discourage people abeg, Some of ur tips re so NOT correct, Cheers people.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by justwise(m): 1:09am On Dec 30, 2011
goshen360:

Well, it is not compulsory that people believe what i have said but people will also learn from experience and will come share their stories. I attended student interview at the US embassy 2 times, the first unprepared and the 2nd, well prepared but was still denied. Today, i reside in the US and learnt most of their US visa policies, both non-immigrant and immigrant. The fact that something worked for someone out of luck or the day being good doesn't mean the person have done perfectly well.

Your 'tips' may put an applicant in trouble, the interviewer may ask a completely different question from those you listed and whoever that have studied and memorised your 'tips' will be lost and confused.

The embassy will not ask every applicant the same set of questions, so people need to be careful.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by cleverdude: 5:03am On Dec 30, 2011
Juswise, whats ur impression then?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Goshen360(m): 5:15am On Dec 30, 2011
justwise:

Your 'tips' may put an applicant in trouble, the interviewer may ask a completely different question from those you listed and whoever that have studied and memorised your 'tips' will be lost and confused.

The embassy will not ask every applicant the same set of questions, so people need to be careful.

Ok, the tips are just guide and the questions/answers are also guide when preparing as many dont have idea of what questions will be asked. Also, i mentioned in the question/answer that applicants can also generate better answers to the question but i can assure you,70% of the questions i posted will be asked if not in a different way. Beside, applicants dont have to memorize as i have said, this might be the problem with applicant in an eager for visa approval. I dont recommend memorizing the answers but keep the questions in mind. I buy from your advive anyway.

cophild:

Hi People, I have gotten to the US, The journey was good, all thanks to God, Mr Goschen aBEG EASY ON your TIPS mk u nor discourage people abeg, Some of your tips re so NOT correct, Cheers people.

Ok, thank God for your journey mercy to US. As you mentioned, some of my tips, not all. I am not laying hold on perfection but as i always say, it's good for people to learn personally for themselves and share their story too. God bless you.

Kay-Dee:

Nice idea to give advice and tips but the use of words like "must" and the way you lay them out is, should i say . . . . . definitive or unequivocal. We have to recognize that there might be a million scenarios , all with different outcomes.

Statements like this:

Now this means, if you dont travel out and get your passport stamped before you go for a student intervirew, it is a sure denial which is . . . . wrong.

Some people have applied or booked new appointments the same week they were denied and got their visas pn second attempt, so you musn't wait for 6 months or 1 year. The time you have to wait might depend on the reason for your denial.

Thank you so much. Nice advice. I might have use wrong words as MUST. I learn from your advice. Thanks.

cleverdude:

@goshen, thanks 4 dose contributions of urs. Those tips r really helpful. If u dnt mind,drop me your facebook name,as i'll lyk us 2 chat,mine is Prosper Joseph

Can't add you on fb cos there are many people of your name or chat me on yahoo msger: goshen360 or add me on fb by the name: Godwin Segun with picture of a blue cadillac convertible car on green grass. Thanks

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by mydestiny2: 9:42am On Dec 30, 2011
@ goshen360
what convincing reason can i giv VO for my previous denial
e.g
vo: why were u denied in ur first interview
me: what should i say
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by cleverdude: 12:11pm On Dec 30, 2011
@My destiny,just say "i wasnt able to present my case very well,bt i'm prepared nw"(pls make sure u r really prepared b4 saying this), then u'll have a fresh interview.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by justwise(m): 12:35pm On Dec 30, 2011
goshen360:

Ok, the tips are just guide and the questions/answers are also guide when preparing as many dont have idea of what questions will be asked. Also, i mentioned in the question/answer that applicants can also generate better answers to the question but i can assure you,70% of the questions i posted will be asked if not in a different way. Beside, applicants dont have to memorize as i have said, this might be the problem with applicant in an eager for visa approval. I dont recommend memorizing the answers but keep the questions in mind. I buy from your advive anyway.

I'm not in any way suggesting that all your tips are wrong, your tips on age and time of re-applying are the two issues here, a lot of things in ur tips are true and like you said. . .people should use it as a guild-line when preparing for an interview.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by vooz(f): 3:01pm On Dec 30, 2011
Hi house.I must say i luv dis thread n av been folowing it.Pls i av a question:Is waec n neco combination accepted when Screening for o level result. cause i intend going 2 d u.s for my graduate studies hw important is o level result screening.pls i nid help 2 b sure b4 applying.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Goshen360(m): 3:04pm On Dec 30, 2011
justwise:

I'm not in any way suggesting that all your tips are wrong, your tips on age and time of re-applying are the two issues here, a lot of things in your tips are true and like you said. . .people should use it as a guild-line when preparing for an interview.

Ok, thanks. I have said it out of my experience and also now we see some people approved even within 4weeks of first denial. Now, i think it is wise for us all on this forum to start paying attention to larger percentage of applicants that were denial without any tangible reason. Let's start paying attention to this aspect of my information and hence, we can stream line this guys at the embassy. As i always say, the fact that things work out of luck for somebody on a good day doesn't mean he/she is perfect as we can never rule out luck at times when it comes to visa at the US embassy. Again, i don't lay hold on perfection and 100% correct. Thanks.

my destiny:

@ goshen360
what convincing reason can i giv VO for my previous denial
e.g
vo: why were u denied in your first interview
me: what should i say

Sometimes, the VO that denied you will tell you the reason(s) for the denial and sometimes, they wont. However, you should be sincere on the reason(s) of your denial if you r told because your info and fingerprint is already in the system. If you don't know the reason for your denial, you can say: I was denied the golden opportunity to pursue the career I have dreamed of with no reason(s) given to me. Also, when you fill your ds 160, it is important you answer the part of the question that asked if you have being denied a US visa in the past, pls answer that question in honesty. Again, the reason(s) for your denial is also in the system as they visa officer that denied you will put a note of denial in your info, so you really have to be very careful when answering this kind of question.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by nairaspace: 6:49pm On Dec 30, 2011
@goshen:

(1) concerning the wait six month/one yr,

i dont support that, i had my interview twice in the same month and was given the second time, my younger bro had his 3 times in 3 diff months, june 13, july 18, august 15, and got it august 15, so bros its just God,

Me , i believe persistence with reasons is important as long as u know why u were refused.

(2) concerning ur guides and questions,

im quite surprised you pasted them here, i remember sometime ago when i asked you for idea and questions, you bluntly refused saying " when you are ready and have gotten ur admission, come back " Thank God for this thread, i read ahead and waas prepared, not waiting for ur questions at dine minutes,

Thanks anyway,

thanks and happy new yr!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Goshen360(m): 7:36pm On Dec 30, 2011
nairaspace:

@goshen:

(1) concerning the wait six month/one yr,

i dont support that, i had my interview twice in the same month and was given the second time, my younger bro had his 3 times in 3 diff months, june 13, july 18, august 15, and got it august 15, so bros its just God,

Me , i believe persistence with reasons is important as long as u know why u were refused.

(2) concerning your guides and questions,

im quite surprised you pasted them here, i remember sometime ago when i asked you for idea and questions, you bluntly refused saying " when you are ready and have gotten your admission, come back " Thank God for this thread, i read ahead and waas prepared, not waiting for your questions at dine minutes,

Thanks anyway,

thanks and happy new yr!!

Ok bro, then we rule out my idea of waiting cos i spoke from my experience and was approved my visa into US after one year trail. On the your 2nd observation about the guides and questions, am sorry if I have hurt you by my actions then. I don't hoard information in anyway because i wanted to give it out freely that's why i said people should email me to request for it but one thing might have led me to tell you, i will send it to you when you are admitted which i cant remember and my statement didn't mean i bluntly refused you an you mentioned, i said I will send it when u are admitted. I posted it here now because I had a second thought that it is what I shld have done in the first place. Thank you for your understanding.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by dotman2(m): 10:01pm On Dec 30, 2011
guys pls help. . . the emergency appointments has been approved. But this is the mail we gat from them below.

''Thank you for contacting the U.S.
Embassy/Consulate. Your Emergency
appointment request is approved and
is valid until 1/3/2012.''

Is the interview date 3rd of jan or wat, the info shows no time. . .pls help.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by phy: 10:43pm On Dec 30, 2011
vooz:

Hi house.I must say i luv dis thread n av been folowing it.Pls i av a question:Is waec n neco combination accepted when Screening for o level result. cause i intend going 2 d u.s for my graduate studies hw important is o level result screening.pls i nid help 2 b sure b4 applying.
Just give them all your certificates so far they are authentic. In most cases for graduate student they'll verify that your certificates are original but they will scan through your transcript and may just pick any course at random to ask you any question that comes to their head.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by phy: 10:45pm On Dec 30, 2011
dot_man:

guys pls help. . . the emergency appointments has been approved. But this is the mail we gat from them below.

I will advise you go to the 'visa appointment' website maybe you could get the required information after updating your info.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by dotman2(m): 11:01pm On Dec 30, 2011
phy:

I will advise you go to the 'visa appointment' website maybe you could get the required information after updating your info.
. . Thanx man, but av done dat already. I gat no info there. Pls anyone dat has passed 2ru d emergeny appointment stage or knows wat d mail frm d embassy means, should pls shed more lights, pls help. Thanx
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Goshen360(m): 11:13pm On Dec 30, 2011
dot_man:

. . Thanx man, but av done dat already. I gat no info there. Pls anyone dat has passed 2ru d emergeny appointment stage or knows wat d mail frm d embassy means, should pls shed more lights, pls help. Thanx 

Go to the embassy before that date, if possible, so you can get accurate information; suppose you don't get precise information here. If you cant get through before that date, go to the embassy on that date prepared for your interview.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by imperiouxx(m): 12:03am On Dec 31, 2011
dot_man:

guys pls help. . . the emergency appointments has been approved. But this is the mail  we gat from them below.

The email is telling you that the time frame that you have to pick the emergency date valid till 3rd of Jan. That means, you have to go to your homepage, cancel any date you might have scheduled before, then the emergency date opens for you to pick. If not after 3/1/2012, you got to reapply for another emergency date. Good luck.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Square65: 3:59pm On Dec 31, 2011
Hello house, it has really been a long time. I did not have Internet access for quite a while.

Got to the us yesterday, my trip was very long (about 31hrs) but interesting.

Where is webstradamus How far with the passport?

Imperiouxx, have u booked a date yet?

Guys, let's hook up on yahoomsg.

Hope to pay as much visit as I can ,
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by dotman2(m): 5:56pm On Dec 31, 2011
imperiouxx:

The email is telling you that the time frame that you have to pick the emergency date valid till 3rd of Jan. That means, you have to go to your homepage, cancel any date you might have scheduled before, then the emergency date opens for you to pick. If not after 3/1/2012, you got to reapply for another emergency date. Good luck.
thanx for ur urgent reply.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by neroflick(m): 6:12pm On Dec 31, 2011
dot_man:

thanx for your urgent reply.

Was your emergency for Lagos or Abuja?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by cleverdude: 8:39pm On Dec 31, 2011
Dotman,wat r moves? Make haste,so dat u dnt miss ur emergency appointmnt,cos if u do,u wont get it again until nxt 6 months.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by nairaspace: 7:58am On Jan 01, 2012
@house!!!!

Happy new year everyone!! wishing you the very best of 2012, as 20 got dozen behind it (20 "12"wink, so shall our blessings be dozens!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by cleverdude: 8:25am On Jan 01, 2012
IT'S NEW YEAR! Whosoever will b the 1st to go 4 interview,may God's favour grant u success,so that d year starts with success in visa interviews(mine should come up around d 2nd week of JAN), dotman,wad up?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by pido101: 10:47pm On Jan 02, 2012
Hello house, av read a few threads here on folks going for MBA/MSC stating the VO asked for their transcript. My question is " should students have transcripts wt them?" i thought students instruct their previous school to send it on their behalf to their proposed school.I stand to be corrected, Any 1 with information should kindly throw more light on this, Thanks!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by KayDee4: 11:17pm On Jan 02, 2012
pido101:

Hello house, av read a few threads here on folks going for MBA/MSC stating the VO asked for their transcript. My question is " should students have transcripts wt them?" i thought students instruct their previous school to send it on their behalf to their proposed school.I stand to be corrected, Any 1 with information should kindly throw more light on this, Thanks!

Yeah, its supposed to be sent directly to the new school from your previous school and they realise that so they wld understand if you explained to them. We have students' copies of transcripts too which is not compulsory for you to have but if you have excellent or good grades on it, you might wanna get a personal copy, it can greatly boost your chances cos the VO can assess your academic capabilities.

If you present a transcript, then be ready to have questions thrown @ you from it, just be prepared.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Square65: 11:45am On Jan 03, 2012
Kay-Dee:

Yeah, its supposed to be sent directly to the new school from your previous school and they realise that so they wld understand if you explained to them. We have students' copies of transcripts too which is not compulsory for you to have but if you have excellent or good grades on it, you might wanna get a personal copy, it can greatly boost your chances cos the VO can assess your academic capabilities.

If you present a transcript, then be ready to have questions thrown @ you from it, just be prepared.

Well replied.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Square65: 12:10pm On Jan 03, 2012
kaycome:

Please i need your response. I want to ask anyone that have register for GRE exam online before if it is still possible to register online using credit card cos i check their site and i saw there that Nigerian are exempt from the online registration. I will prefer to register online cos it cost just $190(30k) compare with some1 registering with the prometric center. i need more light on it as i will to ask a friend from USA to do that for me as soon as possible. Thanks

THIS REPLY IS FOR EVERYONE WHO IS YET TO TAKE THE GRE.

You can actually use a GTB debit Naira MasterCard to register online but the card holder must be profiled for Internet banking and must have a small hardware device (called "token"wink issued by the bank. Only the exact NGN equivalent of USD190, at the bank's prevailing exchange rate shall be debited from the card holder's account.

Please note that this information is NOT valid for TOEFL registration.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (101)

I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! / Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou / Poland Work Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.