Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,309 members, 7,819,052 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:40 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 (212524 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (101) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by cleverdude: 7:50pm On Jan 06, 2012
@imperiouxx,u went to both abuja n lagos consulate,from ur experience,pls illustrate the denial and approval rates for the both consulates for me. Let me know which 1 to choose
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by imperiouxx(m): 8:26pm On Jan 06, 2012
From my calculation of how the two operate, I can say they have targets for each day.
In abuja: window 6-white mean guy (fast), 7-white extremely mean lady(v.v.fast), 8-white cool-head, lenient lady (v.slow) and 9-interrogative guy (slow)

In lagos: window 2-black, cool-headed, lenient lady (v.v.slow), 3-white, mean guy (v.fast), 4-black, extremely mean guy (v, v. fast).

From the two sides, most student visa came from all the very slow VOs and thats why they are slow with students. Imagine a VO granting four persons consecutively, so lagos end is alright. Also, its like their normal routine (both consulate) that their last question to denial is what will you do after this studies? And the moment the applicant is replying, they've began putting the I-20 back within the pp. It's horrible I must say and each time I see the applicants leaving, I hear the echoes of their sadness in me. Sometimes I laugh that I have added more to my knowledge here, the abuja consulate set up, the sadness of being denied, being consoled, the ED stuff, the compulsory filling of another DS160 as the initial disappears, the explanation of why being denied on DS160, the lagos consulate set up, the joy of being granted, and the two sessions of anxiety. God is great.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by WARYZ(m): 2:38am On Jan 07, 2012
hey pple.@imperiouxx am so happy for u oo,thank God,ur case is jst like dat of my best frend on ear (chidalu),she too went back after 13 days and she was given,nd i went my second time after 14 days(which is a day after she went 4 hers),but i wasnt so lucky in my own case cry .but i thank God sha
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by rowlandoo: 9:41am On Jan 07, 2012
@kidUrbane

Gud , have you ever gone for interview before ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by suxes2006(m): 12:33pm On Jan 07, 2012
imperiouxx:

@dexter,

Date at last minute got no assurance but I will advice you to go for ED.

@clever,

I guess it would be granted now. If cancelling and rescheduling is better for you, I will say choose anywhere convenient for you like I regretted going to Abuja when I have Ikoyi at my arm's length. Well, it's to fulfill how it has been destined ni sha. Better luck.

Imperiouxx is doing pretty fine in this room.
Keep it up man!

Aal Izz Well
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jan 07, 2012
@imperiouxx
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jan 07, 2012
Ps Congrats! Very happy u got ur visa after everything, Bless God for ya!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by imperiouxx(m): 4:05pm On Jan 07, 2012
@olu16,

Yea, she is very young and pleasant. The other guys should be her superiors. Though I didn't follow her interviewing people when I just entered but I know she hardly deny people. Anyway, thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by mxxpunkxx: 4:39pm On Jan 07, 2012
@imperiouxx

Yaay!! Drinks in the glass, bill's on me!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by rowlandoo: 7:12pm On Jan 07, 2012
@undergraudates

ANY ONE GONE FOR UNDERGRADUATES INTERVIEW RECENTLY , PLEASE SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCE , HOUSE TOO DULL

IMPERIOUX CON BE 100 PEOPLE
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by imperiouxx(m): 7:52pm On Jan 07, 2012
mxxpunkxx:

@imperiouxx

Yaay!! Drinks in the glass, bill's on me!

As long as you don't fall drunk
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by drslip: 10:08pm On Jan 07, 2012
Any body hoping to apply for graduate fall 2012, lets get ourselves acquainted
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by mysterysng: 2:34am On Jan 08, 2012
Hey Imperious  congrats!

Aroy 1,  I couldn't help but notice your comment. But seriously, can't you just be happy for the guy? Whether he flunked it or not, the bottom line is - he got the Visa, On this page, I think you are the first person I observed that has criticized the response of an applicant who got his visa approved.  Just an observation not trying to stir up an argument. Cheers!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by mxxpunkxx: 11:09am On Jan 08, 2012
imperiouxx:

As long as you don't fall drunk

it's worth falling oh, brova
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by aroy1: 11:26am On Jan 08, 2012
mysterysng

Be happy for somebody because they got a US visaYou are right, I am not that person. To me, visa is just a mean to an end. Unfortunately , for you and many Nigerians, it is the end. That is why they are overjoyed or congratulate one another when they receive US visas.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by ade101(m): 11:27am On Jan 08, 2012
Guys I am  very grateful for the sincere & priceless advice given to me so far.May GOD bless each and every on of us.Its not easy to ignore but i am convinced of my weak case before the consular.I would rather face the CO knowing fully well that I can defend any question showered on me in convincing tone.After all the effort and resources used , its not easy but all is well.I will heed to your advise.I will ignore the admission so, will be applying for MSC once i am through with my bachelor degree in chemical engineering.I will be through by next year so NO LONG TIN.I will start gathering information now concerning  good and affordable schools and what kind of test i can take to boost my chances for scholarship.I am thinking about taking GRE , what do you guys suggest?
 guys kindly help with the following questions:

CAN I APPLY ONCE I AM THROUGH WITH MY Bsc. WHEN I AM YET TO SERVE ?IN OTHER SENTENCE,IS NYSC CERTIFICATE A REQUIREMENT FOR Msc ?

WHERE CAN YOU GUYS SUGGEST FOR SOMEONE WHO AIM TO STAY AND FIND A JOB AFTER STUDIES.  USA or CANADA ?? ANY IDEA IF THE F-1 VISA FOR Msc ALLOW ONE TO LEGALLY STAY AND FIND A JOB AFTER COMPLETING MY STUDIES.

Kindly help with the questions above.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by ADEBYTE: 11:55am On Jan 08, 2012
@ade101.I pay homage to evrybody in the house.I have read through the post with great interest.I think that everybody is doing a great job.I am happy to contribute in any form because I have been in the field procuring visa for people to study in the usa,england and canada. Firstly I must iterate that the VO is just somebody like us doing his/her normal daily job.THey have no
Information about you in the first instance and the only before them is the documents that you have submitted and what is left for you to do is to defend the documents that you have submitted and the document therein.THe only different between you and them is just the colour of the skin which I think does not matter.I know that fear and lack of composture have always been akined to
Visa refusal. IT is always advisable that you are ready for your visa interview because it only takes couple of minutes in as much that u can give definite and simple answers to the questions being asked.your answers must be short and simple.if the V0 would want you to substantiate,he/she would ask.One other thing that I must emphasizeis that you make sure all documents submitted are geniue because they have
Template of all possible documents that can be submitted.sometimes an applicant wonders why he/she is being refused all the time.it could be as a result of a fradulent document submitted a long while ago.Also u should be aware that they make record of every refusal and reasons.

@ade101.back to your questions,u can apply to study for your undergraduate at any point in time even if you are currently studying for undergraduate at any nigerian university.it does affect ur chance of been issued with a visa provided you can defend your reason for wanting to quit ur study in nigeria for study in usa,uk or canada.you can site reason like the incessant strike embarked upon by lecturer thus extending ur stay at the university,issue of cultism,more exposure to practical in real word etc but to mention a few. Also u spoke about which school you could apply and be legally allowed to work.I will encourage you to go for canada.the process takes between 12-18 month.After your bsc,u can apply for a work permit for canada and could even take ur family with u,but bear in mind that a lot is involve such as medical tests,paper work,police report etc.All d best
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by imperiouxx(m): 1:48pm On Jan 08, 2012
@adebyte,

Good preparation before interview is good but that doesn't determine positive outcome of US visa interview nowadays. On my first interview, the VO didn't care to collect anything more than the I-20 and pp and she denied me even after I gave it my best shot.  So, can we say I didn't prepare well or bold enough to defend myself or my docs that wasn't even checked? On the second attempt, I got blank, I gave wrong info and still got it. Concerning ade101's case, the best he can get from these days VOs/US student visa is to finish that BS because it will be an added advantage for him.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by ADEBYTE: 2:37pm On Jan 08, 2012
@imperiousxxx.well,it happens at time but does that mean what happen to you is a general thing.preparatiom matters as well.let just pray that the mercies and favour of God not to delude us.Each V0 has a set no of visa to be issued each day,month and even year.it is well my brother.I hope that you r enjoying the devidend of ur perstilence.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by mxxpunkxx: 12:56pm On Jan 09, 2012
aroy1:

mysterysng

Be happy for somebody because they got a US visaYou are right, I am not that person. To me, visa is just a mean to an end. Unfortunately , for you and many Nigerians, it is the end. That is why they are overjoyed or congratulate one another when they receive US visas.

YOU ARE VERY STUP1D

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by speartaker: 1:39pm On Jan 09, 2012
Hey guys and gals in d house. Sayin a big CONGRATS to u mr imperiouxx. U really dserve dat after all ya help to dis thread. Pls i need ya all advise on my interview on d 18th of jan at the abuja consulate. Mine is an M-1 stuff. I need ur candid assistance on dis. Pls also pray for me. I knw i shal surely share my testimony and experience wit u guys after dat. Thanks to ya all,
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by speartaker: 1:45pm On Jan 09, 2012
This is d 1st time i will be goin to an interview. And mine is an M-1 visa interview. Pls anyone dat has attended an M-1 interview should tell me abt d experience. Thanks and i need d reply asap as my interview is on 18th jan.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by nickyrich1: 4:59pm On Jan 09, 2012
@speartaker
I guess u are going for a CPL? If so the questions are very easy :
Make sure you are dressed properly
Make sure you don't explain what and how you will study just explain how your fees is been paid that's if they ask you
Make sure you have proof to show you will get a Job here, so as you are finished with studies in USA 95% sure of getting a job here in Nigeria (that's you have a family in the avaition area of the country)

@impxxxx
Good to hear you got your visa, when I first said they've reached the limit for student Visa December 2011,you made fun of my idea. Well am facing them again in few weeks time and I hope for the best
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by imperiouxx(m): 7:47pm On Jan 09, 2012
@nicky,

After you made that statement, up to four people here got their visa, webstradamus, kacytunde and so on. I got denied in Dec doesn't mean another person wasn't given on that day or even after then in the same Dec. I got approved in Jan doesn't mean many were not denied then. What I'm still stressing is that cogent fact is necessary before information is publicized to the public, else, it becomes propaganda. I didn't make fun of your post but only demanding for fact. Well, God's favor be with you next when you go.

@mxxpunkxx,

You better leave aroy1 alone.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by kaycome: 8:18pm On Jan 09, 2012
@imper i jut dey read ur comment n i was jut happy to hear that u hav finally gotten it.congrat well to al fall applicant let get together.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by djunit1(m): 11:46pm On Jan 09, 2012
Walks in, shakes head and walks out,
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by djunit1(m): 11:46pm On Jan 09, 2012
Walks back in, how far with the guy that lost his passport?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by imperiouxx(m): 12:16pm On Jan 10, 2012
Notice regarding operations during the week of January 9, 2012:
Both the Embassy in Abuja and the Consulate in Lagos are open during normal business hours for visa interviews and American Citizen Services.

Non-immigrant visa applicants in Abuja are reminded that if they miss their scheduled appointment, they must send an e-mail to ConsularAbuja@state.gov within 24 hours of the time of their missed appointment,
indicating name, passport number, time and date of the appointment, and reason for failure to show, in order to reschedule without payment of an additional application fee.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by speartaker: 10:38pm On Jan 10, 2012
Gratitudes 2u mr nickyrich. Dats jst exactly wat i am goin for.pls i need more i deas on the stuff and i really appreciate the one given. @imperioux, abeg yawa don gas for my side oh. Pls my package just arrived frm my sch and wen i opened it, all i saw waz only my I-20. Nothin else, not even my acceptance letter or my sevis fee receipt. But all soft copies were sent to my box. Pls wat is my faith? Thanks guys,
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by ADEBYTE: 10:44pm On Jan 10, 2012
@speartaker. U could call the school and ask that the originals be sent to u if u have still got time. And if u, ask them to send a letter to the embassay stating the circumstance for sending them to u as attachments and also ask same copy of letter sent to u.
All u need to defend calmly is why u r not having the originals. Fingers cross, u will get ur visa
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by imperiouxx(m): 12:21am On Jan 11, 2012
@speartaker,

You're still go, you can get the online sevis receipt for the interview. Your packet may or may not include your acceptance letter depending on your school's method, original sevis receipt is sent by sevp not your school. In my own case, I got my acceptance letter first from the graduate school, I-20 a month and half later from the international advisor and sevis receipt as usual from sevp. Moreover, you don't need the acceptance letter for your interview.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Nobody: 5:01am On Jan 11, 2012
Where's webstradamus What happened to his case?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (101)

I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! / Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou / Poland Work Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.