Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,631 members, 7,955,311 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:14 PM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (110) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1069361 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by ify08(f): 7:28am On Mar 20, 2015
@juswise, pls I asked u about passport withdrawal for two days now...u didnt reply me ...pls I nid u to shed light on this ..tnx..
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Nobody: 2:35pm On Mar 20, 2015
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/414584/Surcharge_customer_info_web_v1_2.pdf

This information is for people planning to apply on or after 6th of April, You'll be required to pay an additional amount of 200 pounds per year for the duration of the spouse visa. This is an NHS surcharge to enable you have access to medical care like a normal resident.

cheers
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 3:37pm On Mar 20, 2015
ify08:
@juswise, pls I asked u about passport withdrawal for two days now...u didnt reply me ...pls I nid u to shed light on this ..tnx..

Tried calling them?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 3:39pm On Mar 20, 2015
phaara:
hello house

is it necessary fr judge to ask to show passport at time of hearing.?
also we have submitted bundle to mention address and for hearing my husband is
fully prepared if judge/home office do any argumwnts/question.
he is very talkative n have convicing ability. do u guys think tht it will
help?

No, they will be dealing with papers you submitted already.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by phaara: 4:02pm On Mar 20, 2015
justwise:

No, they will be dealing with papers you submitted already.

okay thankyou

how long one have to wait to get call letter after hearing now adays
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 4:28pm On Mar 20, 2015
phaara:

okay thankyou

how long one have to wait to get call letter after hearing now adays

It takes minimum of 15 working days..so it could be longer sometimes depending on case loads
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by newbie715: 8:12pm On Mar 20, 2015
Hello everyone, @justwise, thank you so much for your help so far. Please just a confirmation, am I submitting the supporting documents in teleperformance or sending to Sheffield directly.

Also please does anyone have any idea how long the process takes at teleperformance, I don't live in Lagos so I need to know when to book the return flight as I am more or less just sneaking away from work.

Many thank.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by phaara: 9:15pm On Mar 20, 2015
justwise:

It takes minimum of 15 working days..so it could be longer sometimes depending on case loads

15 working days?? for??
for giving decision of hearing?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by TITILOPE86: 8:17am On Mar 21, 2015
Good morning my good people,my people in the house please I need your help,please I want to know when is it likely for them to call my husband for interview,cos I apply for settlement visa and my husband is my sponsor,have done my own interview at ikeja since on 27th of February 2015,but they have not call my husband for anything and my husband want to travel next month,please I want to know when is it likely for them to call him for his own interview so that he will no how to plan is journey,thanks so much, I wil be waiting for your reply.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 12:03pm On Mar 21, 2015
phaara:

15 working days?? for??
for giving decision of hearing?

Sometimes you will be told right there if the decision is on your side but you will still wait for the letter containing the details and time frame given to HomeOffice to challenge the decision.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 12:06pm On Mar 21, 2015
TITILOPE86:
Good morning my good people,my people in the house please I need your help,please I want to know when is it likely for them to call my husband for interview,cos I apply for settlement visa and my husband is my sponsor,have done my own interview at ikeja since on 27th of February 2015,but they have not call my husband for anything and my husband want to travel next month,please I want to know when is it likely for them to call him for his own interview so that he will no how to plan is journey,thanks so much, I wil be waiting for your reply.

Your hubby can contact them and inform them about his intended travel plan and date, then see what their reply will be.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Benuromi: 3:26pm On Mar 21, 2015
kazan:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/414584/Surcharge_customer_info_web_v1_2.pdf

This information is for people planning to apply on or after 6th of April, You'll be required to pay an additional amount of 200 pounds per year for the duration of the spouse visa. This is an NHS surcharge to enable you have access to medical care like a normal resident.

cheers

Hi plz I will like to understand it very well. Does that mean that if u get 2 yrs and 6 months spouse visa, u will hv to pay £500 one payment? Thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by girlfio: 6:16pm On Mar 21, 2015
Benuromi:

Hi plz I will like to understand it very well. Does that mean that if u get 2 yrs and 6 months spouse visa, u will hv to pay £500 one payment? Thanks

It looks like that will b the case. It's so ridiculous how this UK government continues to bleed the pockets of internationally born visitors and settlers. Regardless of whether u work or not every time u buy a service or product in this here UK, you are already contributing to the NHS through taxes. I don't know how they can legally charge a person twice just because they weren't born here but have followed due process to b here!!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by TITILOPE86: 9:39pm On Mar 21, 2015
Thanks,please can you help me with their number please,I will be glad if you can help me with Sheffield number or any other means to contact them,thanks God bless you.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by newbie715: 10:07pm On Mar 21, 2015
Please can someone kindly tell me about the supporting documents for spouse visa, am I submitting at teleperformance or sending to sheffield. Also if I am sending to Sheffield do I have to show them at teleperformance or can I go ahead and send them to UK now before the biometrics. Thank you
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Nobody: 9:42am On Mar 22, 2015
newbie715:
Please can someone kindly tell me about the supporting documents for spouse visa, am I submitting at teleperformance or sending to sheffield. Also if I am sending to Sheffield do I have to show them at teleperformance or can I go ahead and send them to UK now before the biometrics. Thank you

you will be sending all supporting documents Directly to the Home Office in Sheffield. No, you will not need to show them your supporting documents at Teleperformance. Only your passport, application form, Tuberculosis Certificate and Self Assessment form will be collected from you at Teleperformance when you go to register your biometrics.

Also note that a brief interview will be conducted.

Cheers
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by newbie715: 12:40pm On Mar 22, 2015
kazan:

you will be sending all supporting documents Directly to the Home Office in Sheffield. No, you will not need to show them your supporting documents at Teleperformance. Only your passport, application form, Tuberculosis Certificate and Self Assessment form will be collected from you at Teleperformance when you go to register your biometrics.
Cheers

Thank you so much Kazan, I really appreciate your response. It's very helpful.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 12:56pm On Mar 22, 2015
kazan:

Cheers

I like it when people come back to help like this, many who got their visas never came back here again.

Thanks for answering the question

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lasmab: 9:12pm On Mar 22, 2015
Hello house, please I will need a guide from anyone who recently submitted the Spouse application. What is a self-assessment form and do I have to book the appointment for biometric? Thank you.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Nobody: 11:53pm On Mar 22, 2015
Lasmab:
Hello house, please I will need a guide from anyone who recently submitted the Spouse application. What is a self-assessment form and do I have to book the appointment for biometric? Thank you.

Hello, Yes you will need to book an appointment with Teleperformance for them to register your Biometrics. This is done online as part of the application process before you make payment.

You can download the self assessment form here.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/270484/VAF4A-Appendix2.pdf

Cheers
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by phaara: 5:22am On Mar 23, 2015
today is our hearing but i just saw on court list on justice.uk website tht our names are not listed in tht particular court fr hearing. others names already listed so why not our realy worrying
is there some internet website update fault or wat. feeling blank
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by newbie715: 10:46pm On Mar 23, 2015
hallo everyone, i need assistance please, i am applying for spouse visa, i have concluded my application on the gov.uk site but i understand i need to fill out an application on teleperformance site, i am unable to find the visa that matches spouse visa on the site, has anyone tried it recently, the settlement visa says:
'If you are a Minister of Religion undertaking preaching and pastoral work, Missionary, or Member of a Religious Order, taking up employment, or a post/role within your faith community in the UK'
and all the other visa types refer to short stay or visit visa or student visa. can someone advice me please. thank you

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by girlfio: 11:06am On Mar 24, 2015
newbie715:
hallo everyone, i need assistance please, i am applying for spouse visa, i have concluded my application on the gov.uk site but i understand i need to fill out an application on teleperformance site, i am unable to find the visa that matches spouse visa on the site, has anyone tried it recently, the settlement visa says:
'If you are a Minister of Religion undertaking preaching and pastoral work, Missionary, or Member of a Religious Order, taking up employment, or a post/role within your faith community in the UK'
and all the other visa types refer to short stay or visit visa or student visa. can someone advice me please. thank you

Have you taken a look at Justwise's screen instructions, found on page 108. Really helpful, should make it all a bit clearer.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by newbie715: 7:21pm On Mar 24, 2015
girlfio:

Have you taken a look at Justwise's screen instructions, found on page 108. Really helpful, should make it all a bit clearer.

Thank you, I did and that's how I filled it out on gov.uk but I thought I was supposed to fill out an application too on teleperformance site but someone has straightened it out for me. Thanks.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Bimbolamelo: 5:50am On Mar 27, 2015
Hello house,I'm a Nigerian studying nursing in India and I would like to visit my uncle in London for summer......can I apply for the visa here in India?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by betty21: 1:49am On Mar 28, 2015
Dear people.  Please i have been refused a spouse visa based on the following attached reasons. I wish this uk vias people could understand how many heart they break and the stress beyond stress that they cause .
Am very sure we submitted all the documents but we are going to appeal . My questions are as follows :

What is the appeal process  and estimated duration ? as in how long does it take form putting in my appeal to my hearing to judgement to getting an approval to sending my passport for the spouse visa to etc
(Someone told me it takes like 3 years)

2)can we appeal from Nigeria (Although my husband is getting a lawyer from UK )
3) I have been advise to get a good white lawyer as they are taken seriously than nigerian uk lawyers . (What's your thought on this?)

4)can i apply for a visiting visa while the appeal is going on

Please @justwise and Co .I await your kind response

Thank you

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by girlfio: 11:59am On Mar 28, 2015
betty21:

Dear people.  Please i have been refused a spouse visa based on the following attached reasons. I wish this uk vias people could understand how many heart they break and the stress beyond stress that they cause .
Am very sure we submitted all the documents but we are going to appeal . My questions are as follows :

What is the appeal process  and estimated duration ? as in how long does it take form putting in my appeal to my hearing to judgement to getting an approval to sending my passport for the spouse visa to etc
(Someone told me it takes like 3 years)

2)can we appeal from Nigeria (Although my husband is getting a lawyer from UK )
3) I have been advise to get a good white lawyer as they are taken seriously than nigerian uk lawyers . (What's your thought on this?)

4)can i apply for a visiting visa while the appeal is going on

Please @justwise and Co .I await your kind response

Thank you

1) details of the process for appeal can b found on the UKBA website. You will need to fill in the form and supply additional evidence to prove your relationship status and financial position based on the points raised in the refusal. The appeal process can take between 3-5 months if the decision is overturned based on submitted additional evidence. If they maintain their refusal, it can take up to a year in total from the appeal submission to go through the court.

2) the appeal will need to be submitted to the uk tribunal address.

3) the most important thing is to get a good/competent lawyer, it's not about colour.

4) you can apply for the tourist visa but it's likely to be refused. The whole point of a tourist visa is that u will return, the fact that u have a spouse in the UK and a pending appeal makes it look less likey that you'll adhere to the terms of your visa.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by betty21: 10:51pm On Mar 28, 2015
Thank you so much for your response .

Please can you break down the appeal process for me . Thank you so much
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by betty21: 10:48am On Mar 29, 2015
@justwise please any answer for me
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 10:57am On Mar 29, 2015
betty21:

Sorry I just saw it now....will reply you the next 24hrs
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 3:24pm On Mar 29, 2015
betty21:

You will did not provide enough info to support your relationship with your hubby.

Can you list the documents you submitted?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by betty21: 3:34pm On Apr 01, 2015
justwise:

You will did not provide enough info to support your relationship with your hubby.

Can you list the documents you submitted?

FROM ME
My New Passport
My Past Passports.
Our Wedding Certificate.
My Passport Bio Data Page.
My Affidavit Of Change Of Name.
Newspaper Proof Of Change Of Name
Our Photographs.
My Police Report.
My Company’s Appointment Letter.
My Company’s Letter Of Confirmation
My Company’s Reference Letter
My company ID card
My 6 Months Pay Slip.
My Bank Statement.
My School’s Degree Certificate.
My School’s Letter Of English Proficiency.
My School’s WACE and NECO Certificate.
Birth Certificate.
And my letter of introduction to embassy

from MY HUSBAND

Introduction Letter To Embassy.
1 year Statement Of Account.
Bio Data Page and British passport data page
Tenancy Agreement
TV &Gas License.
Drivers License.
Birth Certificate.
Receipts Of Phone Cards.

He is recently working full time 8-5 job with a company
• a reference letter from His company
• 3 months’ Pay slip till date
• An employment letter

From his previous jobs He also works as a foster carer full time ,.we submitted
• A Recommendation /Reference Letter.
• Weekly Payment breakdown
CRB Document.

Because of his self-employed foster job we submitted
• EVIDENCE OF HMRC Class 2 NI document
from his accountant
• HMRC class 4 document
• Accountant And Tax Advisers Reference Letter.

He also worked per time with an agency so we have

• Pay slips for the agency
• CONFRIMATION OF EMPLOYMENT letter from the agency

And he exceed the 18,600 requirement

(1) (2) (3) ... (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) ... (511) (Reply)

Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.