Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,996 members, 7,810,772 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:08 PM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1035089 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by yemilasko: 12:46pm On Mar 09, 2013
@lasmoy ?? co.I received a letter from the tribunal yesterday which dated 19 dec.that the tribunal will write to me after 6 march with further details on how ?? when the appeal will proceed.plz what does this mean ?? what I'm I expecting next ?? how soon will I gt response.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by lamosy(f): 4:25pm On Mar 09, 2013
@TinyO

Well, very sorry about the refusal. In my opinion that was a flimsy excuse in which they refuse you a visa after all contract of employment was included in your application. If this is the only ground in which you're refused visa then you've got nothing to worry about. When you're been refused visa its like you're grounded and you've got to do the time. Appeal is 6 to 9 months. When you receive letter of acknowledgement, the Tribunal said if you've got any problem contact them directly and not BDHC...alright. BDHC will not respond to your call now because the Tribunal already gave them 19 weeks to deal with your case and get back to you when they overturn their decision, but if they maintain their decision they will get back to Tribunal with their bundle. May I know when they received your appeal or when it was submitted? My thread mate said she appeal last year July 12th, Embassy rang her November 12th to submit her passport, and she was called to pick up her visa November 26th last year. But she told me her husband received the acknowledgement letter on the 8th of October which was very late. BDHC always make sure they complete the 19 weeks before they issue visa. So I urge you to stay calm because of your condition and look forward to having your bady....ha ha ha. Baby can bring you luck you don't know. God is always our helper and he will do it swiftly for you in Jesus name...Amen. Hope baby is kicking fine. You'll get the Visa its a matter of time. Do not ring BDHC for now please. When I received my acknowledgement letter my lawyer said we can not ring or put pressure on BDHC until the time given has lapsed. I asked my thread mate if she contacted BDHC she said no, that she waited and BDHC rang her to submit her passport and she was granted visa after 2 week. Take care. Cheers.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by lamosy(f): 5:39pm On Mar 09, 2013
@Yemilasko

Please type clearly and stop using those symbols please cos it makes reading and understanding difficult that's why Justwise can't reply you because he can't read what you typed. Please improve on this...ok. Thanks. The next letter you'll receive is regarding your hearing in court. Did you apply for oral or paper hearing? Well, after the hearing you'll be sent a determination letter to notify you if your appeal is allowed or not. If its allowed both you and BDHC will receive letter to that effect and BDHC will ring you to bring your passport for visa. There's another waiting time of 6 weeks before visa will be issued to you, don't forget cases differs. This is the whole truth and have a nice day. Cheers.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by yemilasko: 6:00pm On Mar 09, 2013
Lasmoy.aint doing that intentionally.I don't no whatz wrong as well.plz bear with me cuz I don't have other source to communicate for now aside this phone.I'm vry sorri about dis.I applied for paper,so I'm expecting the hearg date of d judges now but how long will that take them again to view it.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by TinyO: 7:34pm On Mar 09, 2013
@lamosy,
Thank u so much, ur response made me smile. We sent in the appeal 19th of Dec but fees was taken 21st of Dec, so I'm guessing I shld say 21st of Dec as d date of appeal. I think my husband received the letter saying 19weeks 3rd week in March. He then called d UKBA and was told that the appeal has been sent back to Nig.but as at yesterday BDHC had not received it. I'm goint to stop calling cos that just adds to my anxiety.
Baby is kicking o and I'm trying not to go mental waiting to hear from them becos 19weeks is a long time to wait.
I know God is faithful and He does only d best.

Thank u so much. Hope to read from you shortly.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by lamosy(f): 12:21pm On Mar 10, 2013
@yemilasko

The letter dated 19th of December 2012 was received by you this week, that was pretty late, so that means when the hearing date is sent to you by post your determination letter would have been out before you receive it. Maybe your home address is not known to the post office in Nigeria. A reputable office address would have been the best for you. You have to send them an email or ring them regarding the court hearing date. Since its paper hearing don't worry too much because when they are done with your case a determination letter will be sent to you to notify you if your appeal is allowed or not. Cheers.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by lamosy(f): 12:40pm On Mar 10, 2013
@TinyO

I have sent you an email. Respond and you can talk about some personal things...ok. Reply me I'll tell you how long I've waited...ok. Don't forget you and your baby comes first O. I need to speak to you so you can understand certain things about this paperwork. Cheers.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by stone2x: 9:11pm On Mar 12, 2013
Dear Niraland/justwise please i need your help have just been refuse uk visa, trying to attach the docs but with know luck. kindly help send ur email so as to send it to you to help me look into it pls
please how do i appeal

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by gbensgenede: 5:46pm On Mar 13, 2013
Dear nairaland / justwise please I need help but I don't want it to be online, I prefer face to face discussion. please anybody that believe he can help me out can flash, it is every urgent. It base on my appeal. Thanks am temitope
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 7:47pm On Mar 13, 2013
gbensgenede: Dear nairaland / justwise please I need help but I don't want it to be online, I prefer face to face discussion. please anybody that believe he can help me out can flash, it is every urgent. It base on my appeal. Thanks am temitope

I'm not in Nigeria at the moment, why not discuses it here?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by gbensgenede: 8:28pm On Mar 13, 2013
justwise:

I'm not in Nigeria at the moment, why not discuses it here?

Ok thanks, what of email my user name is gbenga temitope. Pls. Send me ur email, hope facebook still better.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 9:43pm On Mar 13, 2013
gbensgenede:

Ok thanks, what of email my user name is gbenga temitope. Pls. Send me ur email, hope facebook still better.

You can use nairaland email system.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Blower46: 12:07am On Mar 18, 2013
Good evening.
Just a general question. From the point of submitting an appeal for UK spouse visa, when just additional documents are required to satisy the case as outlined by the ECO's refusal and being overturned by the ECM, typically what range of times are people experiencing here for the whole process?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by lamosy(f): 6:14pm On Mar 18, 2013
@Blower46

If you provide all the relevant documents to tackle the ECO's points that would be great. Appeal take 6 to 9 months, earliest is 5 month. Reapplying is faster. Cheers.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Blower46: 11:32pm On Mar 18, 2013
lamosy: @Blower46

If you provide all the relevant documents to tackle the ECO's points that would be great. Appeal take 6 to 9 months, earliest is 5 month. Reapplying is faster. Cheers.

Thanks Lamosy. I suppose it is just a case of weighing up the difference between the additional cost of reapplying to that of the extra time. The points the ECO pointed out refusal letter are easy enough to obtain information on even though i had the original documents approved by an immigration barrister - but that is another story! Have you heard of any quicker cases? Also have you heard of cases where people were sure that they had supplied everything they could and still needed to go to appeal hearing?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by lamosy(f): 7:18am On Mar 19, 2013
@Blower46

Earliest is 19 weeks. Yes if you provide enough proof you can go for appeal if you choose to, but you can't jump to hearing just like that without the normal procedure been carried out, such as Tribunal sending your bundle for ECM to review for 19 weeks, after this procedures are done with and ECM maintain his decision that is when you'll be sent a letter for hearing. Cheers.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Blower46: 8:18am On Mar 19, 2013
Thank you again for the information. Just a couple more questions now. What documents do ECO's like to see to cover "intend to live together permantly together in the UK?" And secondly if you do appeal and then change your mind, how long do they take to acknowledge this and do you loose you payment if you do?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by lamosy(f): 9:53am On Mar 19, 2013
@Blower46

You sent me a message. What would you like to talk about? Cheers.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by lamosy(f): 10:14am On Mar 19, 2013
@Blower46

--Pictures
--Emails, phone calls etc.
--Enough money in your sponsors a/c
--Money transfers to you for maintenance if your not working
--Your Sponsors employment to show he's still working
--Any other relevant document to show that the marriage is subsisting

If you do appeal and change your mind it is entirely your business or withdraw your appeal it will be automatically cancelled for you. As for the payment its non refundable. Cheers
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by lamosy(f): 10:17am On Mar 19, 2013
@Blower46

Accommodation is the most important.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by kutklose: 10:15am On Mar 21, 2013
@ lamosy. Thot I shld ask if u've heard anythn yet from this ppl. The waiting is not ease to say d least, but God will see use thr.

Got my acknowlegement & as usual its stated it will take 19Wks for the BHC abuja to review d appeal.
Its funny that they have so much time to review just a case and that if they change thier mind, they wont contact u until close to that 19WKS.

God help us all.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by lamosy(f): 3:45pm On Mar 21, 2013
@kutklose

Its very surprising and disappointing. My appeal was received by the Tribunal 8th of Nov., acknowledgement letter sent to me was dated 20th Dec., my 19 weeks expired yesterday. I've not heard from them after the acknowledgement letter I received in december. I was refused because I did not provide evidence of contact since my husband went back to the UK, such as emails or phone call and money transfer, which I've provided. Only God can help us. I've calculated from the day the Tribunal received my appeal so my 19 weeks has passed. I'm still waiting patiently. This wait has dealt my marriage blow, I pray the spirit of God come to our aid and speed up the review, also make ECM overturn their decision in Jesus mighty name I pray....Amen. I never knew you're in same position. Is your 19 week over or yet to come to pass? Its frustrating. We will be fine, BDHC take their time to do their job and there's nothing we can do. Cheers
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by kutklose: 5:53pm On Mar 21, 2013
@lamosy.

wow, 19weeks already for U. By the special Grace of GOD u will hear a good news from them. Cant one chase them up after the 19wks has expired or its still going 2 b another waiting game?
Mine is still along way off, probably June b4 the 19wks will run out. cheers
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by lamosy(f): 7:35pm On Mar 21, 2013
@kutklose

In Jesus name Amen. Well, I've got till 2nd of May. You know my acknowledgement letter was dated 20th of December, so I've counted 19 weeks from 20th Dec. To 2nd of May it gives exactly 19 weeks. I guess I have to wait till May. Its so sad you know. I pray to God to send one of his angels to open the Visa gate for us just like he opened the prison gate for Paul and Sailas in Jesus mighty name I pray ....amen. God is faithful and just, he will do it swiftly for us in his time soonest in Jesus name...amen. Thank you very much for your concern, I really do appreciate it. Cheers.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by lamosy(f): 7:55pm On Mar 21, 2013
@kutklose

The actual count is suppose to be from when the Tribunal receives your appeal, which I counted from and the 19 weeks lapsed yesterday. So BDHC has another 6 weeks to contact me if they over turn their decision or send their bundles to the Tribunal if they maintain their grounds. I pray fervently for hearing not to be my portion in Jesus name...Amen. The content of Your right of appeal is same as mine. Cheers
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by lamosy(f): 7:59pm On Mar 21, 2013
@kutklose

The actual count is suppose to be from when the Tribunal receives your appeal, which I counted from and the 19 weeks lapsed yesterday. So BDHC has another 6 weeks to contact me if they over turn their decision or send their bundles to the Tribunal if they maintain their grounds. I pray fervently for hearing not to be my portion in Jesus name...Amen. The content of Your right of appeal is same as mine. I thought BHC Abuja is faster than BDHC Lagos in terms of processing and reviews of appeal. Cheers
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by kutklose: 8:42pm On Mar 21, 2013
@ lamosy, 'I pray fervently for hearing not to be my portion in Jesus name...Amen'I join you in saying amen to this in JESUS NAME.
Did you say another 6wks, never knew abt that. oga o!! but it is well in JESUS name.
Yes also counting from the date the tribunal received my appeal. maybe abj could be faster but am just few weeks into the waiting game, so I still need to exercise alot of patience. The wait is no joke o!!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by lamosy(f): 9:36pm On Mar 21, 2013
@kutklose

The wait is incomparable to one's feelings. Yes you heard me right another 6 weeks wait cos my letter state till 2nd of May. That means your deadline would be early July if your 19 weeks end in June. If they don't ring you by June to bring your passport you have to give them till July ending. Oh thank you very much I'm throwing kisses for praying along with me. Take care. Cheers mate
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by yemilasko: 12:49am On Mar 22, 2013
@lasmoy.my waiting period have lapsed since first week in march ?? I'm yet to hear from them..d last time I called the tribunal was told that my hearing date would be sent which I haven't received yet..? long does it take for hearing date ?? how long does it take from hearing date to receive determination letter.thx cheers,the question is opened to anyone that as the idea cuz I'm frustrated already since last year
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by yemilasko: 12:59am On Mar 22, 2013
?? plz,I don't undastand the 6 weeks again.since d time given lapsed 6th march do ??U?? mean it remain just 6 weeks f?? me to know my fate?plz enlighten me more.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by lamosy(f): 2:02pm On Mar 22, 2013
@Yemilasko

The 6 weeks I was talking about is me. I meant My waiting deadline is another 6 weeks. After hearing it takes a month sometimes slightly more than a month to receive determination letter. It takes the embassy 6 weeks to receive their own copy. Cheers.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Blower46: 11:18pm On Mar 22, 2013
After reading all the posts since my last post we will be reapplying.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.