Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,668 members, 7,816,747 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:15 PM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (254) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1037361 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by romeoandjuliet: 5:50pm On Jan 27, 2017
Lexusgs430:

When I talk now, so people would say I am cheeky (abi nah chicken suya wey dey hungry me sef).......

UKBA knew you wanted to start your lives together (not in the same house). Hence them stamping visa's on the same day (don't forget to buy the same airline ticket, same day + same flight).... If only lapping was permitted!!!

All I can do is LOL (laugh out loud )
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by romeoandjuliet: 5:55pm On Jan 27, 2017
Mchikwaira:
Congrats to everyone that's received good news. Did an inquiry today, response was no update or you just applied so you need time for your application to be looked at or you supplied the wrong info.I'm on day 50.

You will probably get decision made email in few days. cos that was the same email I received when I was on day 53 and I was worried but email them again and got decision made email. So is best you email then again. All the best.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Obizee: 6:25pm On Jan 27, 2017
Lexusgs430:

The 10 year old is easy (DNA test might be required). But that 19 year old adult, is not so straightforward..........
please sir from your experience how can i make it straightforward. According to him over there, he said a lawyer could draft a letter. BUT in the case of making the application is there any provision for that or the child must be 18 and nothing else goes(and she has a passport already biometric one). thanks sir
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Mchikwaira: 6:33pm On Jan 27, 2017
K thanks. I'll just be patient. I think I just got curios/ anxious when someone that applied after megot a response.
romeoandjuliet:

You will probably get decision made email in few days. cos that was the same email I received when I was on day 53 and I was worried but email them again and got decision made email. So is best you email then again. All the best.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Babyann2016(f): 6:59pm On Jan 27, 2017
Hello guys...so I went to pick up my passport today and it was a REFUSAL....and the reason the eco gave was relationship requirement that I only submitted wedding pictures and no call logs....I assumed that since I was in uk 4months prior to my application it wasn't necessary
Am reapplying again next week so please house I need all the advice I can get and also do U think I should go with priority after the refusal?
Please I need ur advice.....thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 7:36pm On Jan 27, 2017
Babyann2016:
Hello guys...so I went to pick up my passport today and it was a REFUSAL....and the reason the eco gave was relationship requirement that I only submitted wedding pictures and no call logs....I assumed that since I was in uk 4months prior to my application it wasn't necessary
Am reapplying again next week so please house I need all the advice I can get and also do U think I should go with priority after the refusal?
Please I need ur advice.....thanks

Sorry about your decision. Assumption they say is the mother of.....................
We say it on the thread all the time, send all(everything and more) relevant documents, and hit them with a package that would overwhelm them.
A possibility that if you appeal, they might not go through with the appeal, ask you to withdraw appeal and issue the visa (my opinion).......
Do you have all the missing link?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Babyann2016(f): 7:41pm On Jan 27, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Sorry about your decision. Assumption they say is the mother of.....................
We say it on the thread all the time, send all(everything and more) relevant documents, and hit them with a package that would overwhelm them.
A possibility that if you appeal, they might not go through with the appeal, ask you to withdraw appeal and issue the visa (my opinion).......
Yes they asked for photos before wedding, phone logs and chat
Pls do u have idea how long appeal takes??
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by romeoandjuliet: 8:17pm On Jan 27, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Oh no, me and my hubby see all the time but we still included 2years of phone calls, BB chats. So that is not to be overlooked. I am so sorry to hear about your results. please reapply as much as is expensive . don't go the appeal route
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Babyann2016(f): 8:23pm On Jan 27, 2017
romeoandjuliet:

Oh no, me and my hubby see all the time but we still included 2years of phone calls, BB chats. So that is not to be overlooked. I am so sorry to hear about your results. please reapply as much as is expensive . don't go the appeal route
Ok tanks but do you think I should use priority since I have been refused now?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by romeoandjuliet: 8:28pm On Jan 27, 2017
Babyann2016:

I believe I have seen few people on this forum used priority after been refused. So I guess you should, so you can get a quick result. I know the waiting is not an Easy thing.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 8:37pm On Jan 27, 2017
Babyann2016:

Yes they asked for photos before wedding, phone logs and chat
Pls do u have idea how long appeal takes??

Appeal is a longer route (time consideration). But my gamble is, they might decide against the appeal and grant visa.
My perception is your write in the special notes, you overlooked the calls log(an oversight on your psrt), as you saw hubby not too long ago. You have loads of calls logs.
Apologies for such oversight, that might touch their heartstrings.........

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Babyann2016(f): 9:16pm On Jan 27, 2017
romeoandjuliet:

I believe I have seen few people on this forum used priority after been refused. So I guess you should, so you can get a quick result. I know the waiting is not an Easy thing.
[q
Lexusgs430:

Appeal is a longer route (time consideration). But my gamble is, they might decide against the appeal and grant visa.
My perception is your write in the special notes, you overlooked the calls log(an oversight on your psrt), as you saw hubby not too long ago. You have loads of calls logs.
Apologies for such oversight, that might touch their heartstrings.........
uote
Babyann2016:

Babyann2016:

author=romeoandjuliet post=
Ok tanks guys I think I will just go with reapplying and make it right this time

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Pmaakino: 9:30pm On Jan 27, 2017
Babyann2016, I will say definitely put all call logs, screenshots of video calls, emails , everything. My husband and I have two children and have been together in the uk and Lagos for more time than we have been apart but we put every scrap of everything we have ever sent to each other. I have not got a response yet but I can say from other people's successes that it is important you do oversabi. Sorry for this setback but it is just a setback. I pray you will get good news soon! All the best.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Babyann2016(f): 10:43pm On Jan 27, 2017
Pmaakino:
Babyann2016, I will say definitely put all call logs, screenshots of video calls, emails , everything. My husband and I have two children and have been together in the uk and Lagos for more time than we have been apart but we put every scrap of everything we have ever sent to each other. I have not got a response yet but I can say from other people's successes that it is important you do oversabi. Sorry for this setback but it is just a setback. I pray you will get good news soon! All the best.
Ok tanks so much...will be starting a fresh application next week and by Gods grace will get it rit this time
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Abbylove: 4:12pm On Jan 28, 2017
Hi guys.

Just dropping by to say hello.

Congratulations Darcy
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 7:26pm On Jan 28, 2017
Abbylove:
Hi guys.

Just dropping by to say hello.

Congratulations Darcy

Welcome back........ Remember, 30% of your 1st pay cheque is our tithe (before tax & NI contributions)
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Obizee: 12:40am On Jan 29, 2017
Obizee:

please sir from your experience how can i make it straightforward. According to him over there, he said a lawyer could draft a letter. BUT in the case of making the application is there any provision for that or the child must be 18 and nothing else goes(and she has a passport already biometric one). thanks sir
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 5:18am On Jan 29, 2017
[quote author=Obizee post=53221779][/quote]

Oga Sir, you still have not yet answered the question, can a lion become a cub?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 5:20am On Jan 29, 2017
[quote author=Obizee post=53221779][/quote]

That lawyer desperately needs £2000 to pay his/her mortgage. He might be the solution (only if he/she offers money back guarantee).
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by oladunni4real: 7:48am On Jan 29, 2017
MY VISA APPLICATION TIMELINE:

Country applying from: VI, Nigeria
Visa Processing Office Location: Sheffield, UK
Type of visa applied for: Settlement - Wife (Non-Priority)
3rd of Nov. 2016: Application done
8th Nov. 2016 - Bio metrics Taken
25th Jan. 2017- made enquiry about application, reply received same day that application has been processed (panic started)
26th Jan. 2017- Husband picked up document from post office, it was very light, so extra panic set in.
26th Jan 2017- official Email from UKVI that decision has been made.
26th Jan.2017 (3.59pm)- tls sent mail to come collect passport and other supporting documents. (could not sleep throughout the night ooo)
27th Jan. 207- collected my documents and passport with visa on it. Visa is effective from 7th of feb. 2017.
thank you , thank you, thank you all. God bless you all. wishing everyone success.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 9:12am On Jan 29, 2017
oladunni4real:
Jj
25th Jan. 2017- made enquiry about application, reply received same day that application has been processed (panic started)
26th Jan. 2017- Husband picked up document from post office, it was very light, so extra panic set in.
26th Jan.2017 (3.59pm)- tls sent mail to come collect passport and other supporting documents. (could not sleep throughout the night ooo)
27th Jan. 207- collected my documents and passport with visa on it. Visa is effective from 7th of feb. 2017.
thank you , thank you, thank you all. God bless you all. wishing everyone success.

Congratulations..........
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Obizee: 12:17pm On Jan 29, 2017
Lexusgs430:

That lawyer desperately needs £2000 to pay his/her mortgage. He might be the solution (only if he/she offers money back guarantee).

Thank you very much sir God bless you for your response really appreciate.HAPPY SUNDAY.. please concerning the application there is an option of to join family and settlement. please in this case which option is best suited for them, i discovered their fees differs from each other. Thanks sir.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Beautifulswan: 2:15pm On Jan 29, 2017
Hello house! Happy Sunday! I Know the bulk of information and applicants here are settlement visas but I need some guidance. My husband is on a tier 5 PBS migrant visa and I intend to join him there by March. We are putting together documents for my application as a tier 5 migrant dependant(spouse). In addition to the his bank statement, utility bills, tax information, marriage certificate, pictures, letter from both parents acknowledging our marriage. What other documents should we include to better our chances as one thing I've learnt here is that it's better to overkill. We really do not want to have any loopholes lest they deny the visa application. Thanks in advance.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Oridiya: 3:22pm On Jan 29, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Spousal visa and settlement visa, I think are one and the same!!!!!
Your wife needs to apply for a settlement visa, including your son on the same application.

Justwise and Lexusgs430 please help me answer this question.

I got married to a British citizen we have a child ). I plan to join my husband this year but we want to spend at least one year alone together before I bring my child over. The child will stay with my husband's mom in nigeria when I leave for the UK.

Will this affect my application?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Realgeo(m): 4:34pm On Jan 29, 2017
Beautifulswan:
Hello house! Happy Sunday! I Know the bulk of information and applicants here are settlement visas but I need some guidance. My husband is on a tier 5 PBS migrant visa and I intend to join him there by March. We are putting together documents for my application as a tier 5 migrant dependant(spouse). In addition to the his bank statement, utility bills, tax information, marriage certificate, pictures, letter from both parents acknowledging our marriage. What other documents should we include to better our chances as one thing I've learnt here is that it's better to overkill. We really do not want to have any loopholes lest they deny the visa application. Thanks in advance.

Question. When was the last time u guys stayed together?. I think u should include your communication record. Does your husband work? They need evidence. Where does he live? Evidence. Infact put together any evidence that u can lay your hands on. It's better to be together much than not enough. Cheers
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 7:06pm On Jan 29, 2017
Oridiya:

I got married to a British citizen but I have a child from a previous relationship ( no marriage). I plan to join my husband this year but we want to spend at least one year alone together before I bring my child over. The child will stay with my husband's mom in nigeria when I leave for the UK.

It would not affect your application. But at the point of application, include the child as a dependent.
Disclose true details, because a DNA test might be requested.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 7:10pm On Jan 29, 2017
Oridiya:

I got married to a British citizen but I have a child from a previous relationship ( no marriage). I plan to join my husband this year but we want to spend at least one year alone together before I bring my child over. The child will stay with my husband's mom in nigeria when I leave for the UK.

The only snag I envisage is, both Visa's would be issued together and would have validity periods.
How you wiggle that departure arrangements, you would have to decide. If she does not travel with you, her visa expires..........
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 7:33pm On Jan 29, 2017
Oridiya:

Is your husband considering the adoption route?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 7:37pm On Jan 29, 2017
Beautifulswan:

Evidence of work
Evidence of accommodation
Evidence of communication
Evidence of support
Infact, all evidence that you feel is required (bedroom pictures not required) (assuming it only happens in the bedroom)..................
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 7:58pm On Jan 29, 2017
Oridiya:

The child will not affect your application but you still need to include his name but make it clear that you are not traveling with the child.

Bringing the child later will not be easy unless you do it after getting your British citizenship or your hubby adopting that child which will not be easy though.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Pmaakino: 9:00pm On Jan 29, 2017
oladunni4real:

Thanks for this Oladunni4real. And congratulations. Do you have any idea why the visa isn't effective until Feb 7? Is that what they normally do?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Mchikwaira: 9:03pm On Jan 29, 2017
I applied on the 17th I've noticed people that applied a day after me and now several days after me ( nov 25) have gotten responses. Has this happened to anyone on this forum? I'm just not sure what to think.

(1) (2) (3) ... (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.