Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,819 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:29 PM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (257) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1038974 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Pmaakino: 12:47pm On Feb 06, 2017
Hi Subomi2.

I think you can apply for a family visit visa. Between the time my husband moved to the uk (August 2015) and I joined him (last Wednesday) I applied for and was granted a visit visa and even a private medical treatment visa. I explained in my application for both that we intended to apply for spouse settlement visa but that we were waiting for my husband to fulfill the financial requirement. I proved that I would return to Lagos on those visas by showing my job in Lagos at the time.

Ps. Each visa was 6-months long. I stayed for 5 months on the medical one and had indicated in my application that I would do so. Prior to that, on the visit one, I stayed 3 months. I also had indicated that I would do so.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by subomi2: 4:09pm On Feb 06, 2017
THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THIS. THANK YOU AND CONGRATS O. IM SO ADMIRING YOU RIGHT NOW.

Pmaakino:
Hi Subomi2.

I think you can apply for a family visit visa. Between the time my husband moved to the uk (August 2015) and I joined him (last Wednesday) I applied for and was granted a visit visa and even a private medical treatment visa. I explained in my application for both that we intended to apply for spouse settlement visa but that we were waiting for my husband to fulfill the financial requirement. I proved that I would return to Lagos on those visas by showing my job in Lagos at the time.

Ps. Each visa was 6-months long. I stayed for 5 months on the medical one and had indicated in my application that I would do so. Prior to that, on the visit one, I stayed 3 months. I also had indicated that I would do so.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by subomi2: 4:12pm On Feb 06, 2017
I USE A SAMSUNG PHONE

subomi2:
Thank you so much. This is very crucial because all we do is video calls and voice calls.

Having this app will help our evidence of communication.

Thank you again.

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Pmaakino: 5:24pm On Feb 06, 2017
subomi2:
THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THIS. THANK YOU AND CONGRATS O. IM SO ADMIRING YOU RIGHT NOW.

My sister, you will be here very soon and the congrats will be for you too. Don't worry about it at all.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by stillwaiting: 6:12pm On Feb 06, 2017
I am very grateful to you all for your moral support.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by stillwaiting: 6:36pm On Feb 06, 2017
Lexusgs430:

What it literally means is, hit us with the best you got.......

A letter from you and sponsor, clearly defining how the original decision has affected you ( cry a bit & smile a bit) I don't mean physically, I mean in the directions of your statements!!!!

Documents - Let's assume your application was rejected, due to the fact that your sponsor did not meet the financial requirements.
Clearly label and index to the contrary, if possible use highlighter pens for headers.

The bottom line - All the wrong things you did during initial application, do the opposite..... ....

Thanks a lot sirs
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 7:54pm On Feb 06, 2017
deept:

Subomi2,

if you are going to apply for a visiting visa, i assume your husband will be the sponsor, you might have to prove that you will come back or not overstay or breech the conditions of your visa because they will be expecting a spouse visa application from you since your husband is the sponsor.

Abi oga lexus...?

Hence I called the application a gamble..............

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Bardiva: 2:31am On Feb 07, 2017
Just want to say thanks. I got my spousal visa last week.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 3:11am On Feb 07, 2017
Bardiva:

Congratulations...................
Any space for me on your luggage (I would not mind making my way to Trump - city, for the journey)?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Realgeo(m): 1:04pm On Feb 07, 2017
Bardiva:
Post ur timeline and procedures so that others can learn from your application as I have not seen any of ur contribution on this forum. I am sure u are one of the secret learner's. Cheers
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Abbylove: 11:37pm On Feb 07, 2017
Wow...they really took their time, didn't they?
I don't know how you have managed to stay sane all this while.

Would say a prayer for you tonight.

Hit them with everythingyou have got.
It would soon be over

stillwaiting:
Happy weekend to you all. @justwise, @Abbylove,@Lexusgs430 @ @portsmouth86, @newbie715, @light me @Uchman365: and others
Long time my people in the house. God bless you all for your selfless effort.

After Thirteen months of appeal, since November 2015 I got NOTICE OF HEARING beginning of this month which was fixed for towards the end of May (17 months). Here are the relevant questions I want the people in the house to kindly assist me.

The letter reads among others: ' You must send the following documents to the tribunal at the above address and to the other party (to arrive) no later than 5 days before the date of Full Hearing.

1. witness statements of the evidence to be called at the hearing.

2. A bundle of all documents to be relied on at the hearing-these must be clearly page numbered, indexed and include a schedule identifying the essential passages. (The essential passages are any sections you consider highly significant in your appeal).

I will be very appreciative if I could be educated more about these two requirements and how we can go about it.

Thanks in advance
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 2:59am On Feb 08, 2017
Abbylove:
Wow...they really took their time, didn't they?
I don't know how you have managed to stay sane all this while.

Would say a prayer for you tonight.

Hit them with everythingyou have got.
It would soon be over

Madam, we never see your 50% tithe from 1st salary earned in £'s..........
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Darcy16: 1:17pm On Feb 08, 2017
If it helps we got married in Abeokuta court.

It's another one of them myths like you can't get UK visa with virgin passport.

As long as you have a fully loaded application then it'll be granted.

soltaisam:
Please, can someone tell me if we can get married at any legalized court here in Nigeria for processing traveling visa without going to ikoyi. Please, I need quick respond. Thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Tsuprisee: 1:42pm On Feb 08, 2017
good afternoon good people of the house.God will bless every one of you that is committed to helping novice like us in this forum.please i have a quick question
1. my husband works with an agency as a support staff but he is hoping to get a new job with NHS but he need to get NVQ3 in other to work there but since he did not have NVQ3 is getting a educational loan of 2400 please want to know if that will not affect our application

thank you
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by subomi2: 2:27pm On Feb 08, 2017
Lexusgs430:
[Benz101] [justwise] [darcy16]

good afternoon all. Thanks for the insight so far. please what if i get a job offer from a UK employer now that reflects a salary that meets the earnings exactly. Does this help in anyway. I actually do work with a company with many UK partners (Universities) and my role is in demand. I thought about this when i realised one of them has a job opening for two persons in that role and i can apply.

What do yo think? What would then be my plan? would i be able to apply sooner? Please bear with my curious and calculative mind. I just want to see that I have no other choice.

Thank you so much in advance.

Hence I called the application a gamble..............
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Tsuprisee: 4:48pm On Feb 08, 2017
good afternoon good people of the house.God will bless every one of you that is committed to helping novice like us in this forum.please i have a quick question
1. my husband works with an agency as a support staff but he is hoping to get a new job with NHS but he need to get NVQ3 in other to work there but since he did not have NVQ3 is getting a educational loan of 2400 please want to know if that will not affect our application

thank you
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by desiolowo: 7:05pm On Feb 08, 2017
Mchikwaira:
Does anyone who has had the unfortunate fate of getting a refusal know how long it takes to receive the ihs refund?

Hi, I got a refusal (back in November) but unfortunately still haven't received a refund. Called them up and they said it'll take up to 90 days and is out of heir hands. I will email them at the end of the month. I've never of this before though so I'm sure you'll get yours much sooner.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Mchikwaira: 7:28pm On Feb 08, 2017
When did you hear back? I still haven't heard back from them and when did you apply? Thanks for responding btw. Appreciate it.
desiolowo:

Hi, I got a refusal (back in November) but unfortunately still haven't received a refund. Called them up and they said it'll take up to 90 days and is out of heir hands. I will email them at the end of the month. I've never of this before though so I'm sure you'll get yours much sooner.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Babyann2016(f): 8:10pm On Feb 08, 2017
Mchikwaira:
Does anyone who has had the unfortunate fate of getting a refusal know how long it takes to receive the ihs refund?
I guess u should call them instead of email but even when u do call they will tell u it's an automatic refund and can can take up to 90 days......got a refusal earlier and that was what they told my hubby.....
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 8:22pm On Feb 08, 2017
[quote author=subomi2 post=53529812][/quote]

Your question is very confusing. When you refer to getting a job, do you mean pre family visiting visa, pre settlement visa, post settlement visa or post spousal visa?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Mchikwaira: 8:52pm On Feb 08, 2017
I haven't even heard back about the visa was just speculating. I am on day 58 of waiting. I am going to call them if I don't get my passport back by Friday.
Babyann2016:

I guess u should call them instead of email but even when u do call they will tell u it's an automatic refund and can can take up to 90 days......got a refusal earlier and that was what they told my hubby.....
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by TunzAntman: 8:55pm On Feb 08, 2017
Mchikwaira I suggest you take a punt and go to TLS since they told you a decision has been made. I think someone did that without getting the email and their passport was there.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Mchikwaira: 9:17pm On Feb 08, 2017
Im in Canada. They would normally deliver it to my house. Used Dhl. I joined this forum cause it was the most helpful and active. Did you get a decision?
TunzAntman:
Mchikwaira I suggest you take a punt and go to TLS since they told you a decision has been made. I think someone did that without getting the email and their passport was there.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by TunzAntman: 10:13pm On Feb 08, 2017
Mchikwaira:
Im in Canada. They would normally deliver it to my house. Used Dhl. I joined this forum cause it was the most helpful and active. Did you get a decision?

Oh I see, nah I haven't yet
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by wallg123: 10:53pm On Feb 08, 2017
Hi my good people.... Its been a while.... Family issues and i forgot my password to login... My good friend Lexus, Justwise and Co. I greet u all... I'm here now I hope to learn more...
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Mchikwaira: 12:21am On Feb 09, 2017
Have you filled out an inquiry form? To see if there's any updates on your application.
TunzAntman:

Oh I see, nah I haven't yet
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 3:50am On Feb 09, 2017
wallg123:
Hi my good people.... Its been a while.... Family issues and i forgot my password to login... My good friend Lexus, Justwise and Co. I greet u all... I'm here now I hope to learn more...

Learn more ke? Wetin you wan learn again? You have been granted your freedom aka graduation from this thread (well, not unless you want to marry a 2nd wife/husband)
Learn and enjoy the very British way of taxation, bills payments and survival regime..... .......
Enjoy that cold country..... .
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by wallg123: 8:59am On Feb 09, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Learn more ke? Wetin you wan learn again? You have been granted your freedom aka graduation from this thread (well, not unless you want to marry a 2nd wife/husband)
Learn and enjoy the very British way of taxation, bills payments and survival regime..... .......
Enjoy that cold country..... .

Oga Lexus the Uk done change..... No more freebies anymore.....
And i still day learn from this thrend as i go soon leave my engineering enter enter immigration law..... I believe this year 2017 we will have more testimonies on this trend than last year...... Keep up your good work... God Bless u all
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 9:55am On Feb 09, 2017
wallg123:

Oga Lexus the Uk done change..... No more freebies anymore.....
And i still day learn from this thrend as i go soon leave my engineering enter enter immigration law..... I believe this year 2017 we will have more testimonies on this trend than last year...... Keep up your good work... God Bless u all

Freebies went away during the recession a couple of years ago. And things seems to have gotten progressively tight.
Immigrantion Law ke? With the brexit parole and restrictions on visa's?
Immigrantion Law about 25 years ago, I would have personally sponsored you, because I no say pepper go set.... ..... ....
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Mchikwaira: 9:23pm On Feb 09, 2017
Just an update if anyone cares. Reached 60 days today. Contacted Sheffield because two weeks ago in inquired and they said decision was made but I still don't have my passport. They responded and asked for more information so as to escalate the issue ( not even sure what said issue is). Now I am supposed to wait anoth 3-5 business days to head back. undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.