Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,733 members, 7,809,813 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:22 PM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (259) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1034786 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by dammylizzy: 4:16pm On Feb 11, 2017
Hello people,

Please is there a separate thread for those who are applying for extension of their spouse visa?

Thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by abubarakat: 5:31pm On Feb 11, 2017
Yes, there is.

Here is the link: https://www.nairaland.com/3253552/applying-flr-after-initial-uk

dammylizzy:
Hello people,

Please is there a separate thread for those who are applying for extension of their spouse visa?

Thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by dammylizzy: 11:38pm On Feb 11, 2017
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Fynebouy: 12:22pm On Feb 12, 2017
romeoandjuliet:
I must not forget to mention @Fynebouy, thank you somuch for taking your precious time to guide me on how to send them emails enquiries. May you rejoice soon in the powlerful name of Jesus. Amen and Amen.

You are welcomed. Enjoy family life.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Fynebouy: 12:34pm On Feb 12, 2017
joygirl2017:
Good afternoon
With all due respect to everyone .I have been reading the thread but cant find a little but almost .
Pls with all due respect I need your help .
Am applying for spouse visa in April due to the fact that 6months will make 100, 000 in savings ready for application which am waiting and counting dats to join with my husband .
The challenge is this I met my husband (uk British white ) online 2014 we met physically in the New York together took loads of pictures travelled 2 twice to the uk to meet families got married feb 2016 spent 6months with him and going home feb14 to wait to apply
The question is since we met on line the challenge is we dont evidence that we met online becos we both deleted our details after we started dating and meeting in uk but I have our chat on wassup from when we were both about leaving our countries to get to New York to met each other .
Also is it ok fir my mother inlaw an ny family writing acknowledging our relationship to the embassy .
3) lastly , pls the marriage certificate do I submit it with my other applications or my husband submitsthe original

Pls kindly help me will this be a problem the chat thing we have everything : pictures from New York , 2visits in the uk , husband sister's wedding , tickets from both visits ,wassup chats, calls , emails when we met in New York till date , accommodation , we using savings as 100, 000pounds in bank , waterbill and all other bill .

Pls will all due respect kindly help me read threads and replies from lexus , Portsmouth and bola etc wink cry

Just download all your what app chats, everything printable. This thing is an audit where more is safer than less.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Fynebouy: 12:42pm On Feb 12, 2017
Hi all, happy Sunday. I received email on Thursday to submit passport and also repay NHS surcharge and redo TBT etc. Thank God. I was able to make the NHS payment by practically reapplyimg.

My question is can I submit the passport and receive the visa before going for TBT. I have a full workload this week and I am not sure I can make it for the TXT tests in Ikeja but I can manage to drop my passport on my way to work. Then I plan to do the TXT well before I travel.

Please can anyone confirm if I can submit the Passport without the TXT tests?

Thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Funmijj3: 3:37pm On Feb 12, 2017
Funmijj3:
Hello everyone. I'm new here and I need some advice please. My son age 8 applied for an eea family members visa recently,And he was refused. He went to Ikeja to submit ,and I sent all original documents (pay slips,DNA test,employment letter, tenancy agreement, letter from landlord etc) to Sheffield the same day. To my surprise, I received an email exactly a week, that a decision has been made.
The refusal letter states the reason he was refused is because we didn't include evidence of employment in the UK. So they are not sure if I am exercising treaty rights in the uk. But everything is with them in Sheffield. They didn't even bother to check because the decision was made just 5 day after. He was given a right to appeal. Please does anyone know how long it takes to appeal or should I put in a fresh application?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Funmijj3: 3:46pm On Feb 12, 2017
Hello everyone. Please I need some help. I was advised here to make a fresh application instead of going thru appealing. MY problem now is that I haven't received my original documents yet from Sheffield. No email from Sheffield to confirm they got my documents and no email that my documents has been sent. MY question is, is it possible to make a fresh application now, since they still have my documents. Or should I wait till I get the documents back. Thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Abbylove: 4:29pm On Feb 12, 2017
Buhari will bring it with him for you nah.
I go give am the cash.

No worry

Lexusgs430:

Madam, we never see your 50% tithe from 1st salary earned in £'s..........
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Fifi123: 5:00pm On Feb 12, 2017
Fifi123:

Can you please let me know how much threshold my income has to met?
I'm working 11 hours a week for only 300£ a m month
Is this fine? Or they will cut some of his benefit and specialty housing benefit .

Up
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Fynebouy: 9:17pm On Feb 12, 2017
Funmijj3:
Hello everyone. Please I need some help. I was advised here to make a fresh application instead of going thru appealing. MY problem now is that I haven't received my original documents yet from Sheffield. No email from Sheffield to confirm they got my documents and no email that my documents has been sent. MY question is, is it possible to make a fresh application now, since they still have my documents. Or should I wait till I get the documents back. Thanks

Why don't you appeal instead? It takes time but if the reasons can be defended, you may use that time to sort out issues. Unless you don't have the time to spare.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 11:46pm On Feb 12, 2017
Abbylove:
Buhari will bring it with him for you nah.
I go give am the cash.

No worry

I trust you jare. Package am inside brown envelope (crisp £50 bills)... .......
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by stillwaiting: 11:03am On Feb 13, 2017
Funmijj3:

Funmijj3, Did you actually send with your initial application self-addressed envelope for them to return your document as they require from the spouse applicant? Alternatively, send an email to Sheffield (VisaShefield@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk)telling them your predicament that you wanted to reapply and this document is holding you back or reapply with the photocopies you have and writing a note that the original documents are with them. I do empathise with you and understand the emotional and the psychological trauma you are passing through. You will be relieved soon
JUST A SUGGESTION. I HOPE THIS HELPS.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Funmijj3: 11:21pm On Feb 13, 2017
stillwaiting:

Funmijj3, Did you actually send with your initial application self-addressed envelope for them to return your document as they require from the spouse applicant? Alternatively, send an email to Sheffield (VisaShefield@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk)telling them your predicament that you wanted to reapply and this document is holding you back or reapply with the photocopies you have and writing a note that the original documents are with them. I do empathise with you and understand the emotional and the psychological trauma you are passing through. You will be relieved soon
JUST A SUGGESTION. I HOPE THIS HELPS.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Funmijj3: 11:25pm On Feb 13, 2017
@stillwaiting.
Yes I did sent the origin documents with a self-addressed envelope with photo copies. Thanks for your help. I just sent the email now,hope I get a reply soon. Will keep you posted. Thank you so much
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Mchikwaira: 3:43am On Feb 14, 2017
Visa refused on grounds that we are long distance and they think we are related. Thank you for all your input and support. I'm not sure if an appeal is even worth it.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Darcy16: 3:27pm On Feb 14, 2017
What kind of sick decision is that? Please stay strong, They want to put you and your partner off the whole process. Get plenty of evidence! Put birth certificates if you have to! Get family to give references. Address all their reasons! Let them know how detrimental the decision was. Pray and then re-apply.

God be with you

Mchikwaira:
Visa refused on grounds that we are long distance and they think we are related. Thank you for all your input and support. I'm not sure if an appeal is even worth it.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tosine: 3:45pm On Feb 14, 2017
Did you submit all necessary documents to prove your relationship like:
Marriage certificate, chat logs, call logs, emails, pictures before, during and after wedding?

Mchikwaira:
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by oladunni4real: 6:32pm On Feb 14, 2017
Hi everyone, got to London safely, thank God for safe journey.
Its cold down here, and have been indoors since oo, my brp collection is for tomorrow.
thanks to everyone who helped and goodluck to everyone still waiting.
@Abbylove, please show us way as par work oo, how can i get your contact please.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Davdar: 6:35pm On Feb 14, 2017
Dear All

Sorry I haven't posted on the thread for sometime now. Congratulations to all those who have got their visa and remember to pray for those of us still waiting for our appeal decision.

It been 14 months now since I did my appeal and I have now been listed for court in second week of May 2017 if God permit. @ Stillwaiting, I received same letter as you did and I have started putting things together. Lexusgs430, Justwise, Depti and the rest of the gurus in the house, do we still have the chance of decision overturnung before the court date? We were refuse due to not enough communication, I forgot to add the travel stamps and I sent over 50 pics but they said is not enough. Also I printed 2months of whatsapp chat due to phone damage and 6 months call printout from lycamobile. We applied in July 2015 and was refused in October 2015 but till now, we never got refunded of our NHIS money of £500.

Thanks everyone
Please can someone answer me oh
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Mchikwaira: 7:47pm On Feb 14, 2017
Thank you. We will have to figure out a different way.
Darcy16:
What kind of sick decision is that? Please stay strong, They want to put you and your partner off the whole process. Get plenty of evidence! Put birth certificates if you have to! Get family to give references. Address all their reasons! Let them know how detrimental the decision was. Pray and then re-apply.

God be with you

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Mchikwaira: 7:51pm On Feb 14, 2017
Yes I supplied all of that stuff except for the marriage stuff because we are not married. It was an unmarried partner visa. My lawyer cost me this application because she missed an important require for this specific visa which is we have to have physically lived together for two years. So this is what cost me the visa and perhaps why they probably didn't even look at our supporting documents. It's just unfortunate that it took them that long to just deny me as well. When the time to marry comes we will have to do fiancé or spousal visa after marriage.
tosine:
Did you submit all necessary documents to prove your relationship like:
Marriage certificate, chat logs, call logs, emails, pictures before, during and after wedding?

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by stillwaiting: 10:56pm On Feb 14, 2017
MANY THANKS ARE DUE TO ALMIGHTY GOD. Today is one of the happiest days in my family. My 2nd application was successful today, after many years of separation with my family. I want to sincerely thank the following people for their encouragement for me to submit a fresh application without waiting for the hydra-headed appeal;@justwise, @Abbylove,@Lexusgs430 @ @portsmouth86, @newbie715, @light me @Uchman365, @dday101: I want to sincerely thank justwise for encouraging me to scan the refusal letter so that other people on this forum will advise me which I found very invaluable in preparing documents for this my successful 2nd application. I quoted the definition of subsisting marriage as suggested by @light me. In fact, people in this forum are very helpful it is far better than paying a huge amount of money for ignoramus lawyers. Almighty God will bless you all for your selfless service. Those of us that got help here, we should not abandon this forum because we have been relieved. We should recommend it to others. I was not aware of this forum when my lawyer prepared my first application that was refused and even when the appeals was prepaRED and they refused to overturn it. Thanks, thanks.I pray for those that are waiting that God will put smiles on their faces.

my timeline follows

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by stillwaiting: 11:22pm On Feb 14, 2017
pls see my timeline below
country applying from Nigeria
visa processing office location: Sheffield
Type of visa applied for Settlement-Husband (non-priority)

20th December, 2016: On-line Application Submitted
30th December, 2016: Biometrics Taken
3rd January 2017: Email from TLS contact-Application Received by UK visas & Immigration
5th January 2017: Application Being Prepared for consideration by ECO
6th January 2017: Sponsor's & Applicant's documents received (no e-mail, it was tracked)
13th February 2017: Decision made email from TLS contact @ 10:42 am
13th February 2017: Collection Email received from TLS contact @ 2:22pm
14th February 2017: Passport and VISA collected
8th February 2017: Date visa was issued (5/6weeks)

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by deept(m): 11:45pm On Feb 14, 2017
stillwaiting:

3rd January 2017: Email from TLS contact-Application Received by UK visas & Immigration
6th January 2017: Sponsor's & Applicant's documents received (no e-mail, it was tracked)

Yaaaayy!!!! Congratulation!!!!!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Funmijj3: 12:45am On Feb 15, 2017
stillwaiting:

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Funmijj3: 12:59am On Feb 15, 2017
@stillwaiting
Congratulations. I'm so happy for you,And thanks so much for your help.
I'm yet to receive a reply from the Sheffield email address you have me yesterday. Hopefully they reply me soon. One more question please. Should I take sponsor's documents to Ikeja for scanning before sending it back to Sheffield. Or they just need to scan my son's documents only. He is a minor ,so he doesn't have much to submit. Apart from DNA test result, TB test result,his school documents and birth certificate. I was confused maybe he was refused because I didn't submit any of sponsor's documents in Nigeria, I sent everything to Sheffield. Please really need your help on this before re-applying. Thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 4:08am On Feb 15, 2017
stillwaiting:
MANY THANKS ARE DUE TO ALMIGHTY GOD. Today is one of the happiest days in my family. My 2nd application was successful today, after many years of separation with my family. I want to sincerely thank the following people for their encouragement for me to submit a fresh application without waiting for the hydra-headed appeal;@justwise, @Abbylove,@Lexusgs430 @ @portsmouth86, @newbie715, @light me @Uchman365, @dday101: I want to sincerely thank justwise for encouraging me to scan the refusal letter so I can other people on this forum will advise me which I found very invaluable in preparing documents for this my successful 2nd application. I quoted the definition of subsisting marriage as suggested by @light me. In fact, people in this forum are very helpful it is far better than paying a huge amount of money for ignoramus lawyers. Almighty God will bless you all for your selfless service. Those of us that got help here, we should not abandon this forum because we have been relieved. We should recommend it to others. I was not aware of this forum when my lawyer prepared my first application that was refused and even when the appeals was prepaRED and they refused to overturn it. Thanks, thanks.I pray for those that are waiting that God will put smiles on their faces.

my timeline follows

Congratulations............... Now stillwaiting as now been converted to endwaiting.... ....................

NB: Remember, 60% of your 1st wage in £, is our tithe on this forum (£50 crisp bills)........ .......
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 6:40am On Feb 15, 2017
stillwaiting:
MANY THANKS ARE DUE TO ALMIGHTY GOD. Today is one of the happiest days in my family. My 2nd application was successful today, after many years of separation with my family. I want to sincerely thank the following people for their encouragement for me to submit a fresh application without waiting for the hydra-headed appeal;@justwise, @Abbylove,@Lexusgs430 @ @portsmouth86, @newbie715, @light me @Uchman365, @dday101: I want to sincerely thank justwise for encouraging me to scan the refusal letter so that other people on this forum will advise me which I found very invaluable in preparing documents for this my successful 2nd application. I quoted the definition of subsisting marriage as suggested by @light me. In fact, people in this forum are very helpful it is far better than paying a huge amount of money for ignoramus lawyers. Almighty God will bless you all for your selfless service. Those of us that got help here, we should not abandon this forum because we have been relieved. We should recommend it to others. I was not aware of this forum when my lawyer prepared my first application that was refused and even when the appeals was prepaRED and they refused to overturn it. Thanks, thanks.I pray for those that are waiting that God will put smiles on their faces.

my timeline follows

Congratulations!, glad it ended well. I'm really happy for you.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by wallg123: 7:13am On Feb 15, 2017
Congrats.....

stillwaiting:

my timeline follows

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tosine: 11:19am On Feb 15, 2017
Please, what is the best way to pay for the Visa fee? There is a limit on master card.

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.