Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,146 members, 7,818,436 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:49 PM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (292) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1038085 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Dukelord: 3:00pm On Jul 03, 2017
joygirl2017:

Wow congratulations , God really favored you that was realky a long wait wishing you all the best

Have a question how is it that you got your visa with no bank statement in it ?
Or was it a mistake on the lawyer's part ?
Or you get connections in Buckingham palace lol
Pls share with us lol

lol....no Buckingham connection oh......We didnt get the bank statement on time, so we had to send the supporting document before the end of 2wks. So he purposely didnt include return envelope....It was sent subsequently along with the return envelope
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by joygirl2017(f): 3:25pm On Jul 03, 2017
Dukelord:

lol....no Buckingham connection oh......We didnt get the bank statement on time, so we had to send the supporting document before the end of 2wks. So he purposely didnt include return envelope....It was sent subsequently along with the return envelope

Woow that was a smart move by the lawyer, cos some people have complained about their lawyers not doing much they are all after the money then they delay your application .

God really favored you , all the best as you start a new journey hopefully this july ,May applicants will start testifying one after the other in Jesus name .
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Realgeo(m): 4:23pm On Jul 03, 2017
live4tk:
Good day my people,
I have followed this thread silently for few months. I thought of posting my timeline once I get my visa to lift someone in the situation up. But it seems I really need help before I have high BP.

Visa type : settlement visa(wife) Non-priority)

21/02/2017. Online application(submitted)
06/03/2017. Biometric appointment (Ikeja)
15/03/2017. Supporting documents posted to Sheffield (Royal mail)
16/03/2017. Arrived Sheffield (no email, tracked it)
06/04/2017. Received email asking for my supporting documents
06/04/2017. Sent a mail that it has been signed for and receive (no response)
23/05/2017. Sent a mail again with my royal mail tracking number asking if they've received it(no response)
31/05/2017. Received email that application is not straight forward.

Since then no message from them. I also tried to track it from the link shared on this thread, but kept showing reference number not recognised. I also used my IHS no, still showed the same.

Please what can I do? The waiting period is unbearable for me. Please I really need help here.
Thank you

Just take heart. They might probably call ur sponsor for interview. Once they are not very clear about an application, that's always there next line of action.
Goodluck
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by sholeke(f): 5:06pm On Jul 03, 2017
joygirl2017:

Woow that was a smart move by the lawyer, cos some people have complained about their lawyers not doing much they are all after the money then they delay your application .

God really favored you , all the best as you start a new journey hopefully this july ,May applicants will start testifying one after the other in Jesus name .

At joygirl2017

We are next by God grace

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by live4tk: 5:15pm On Jul 03, 2017
Realgeo:

Just take heart. They might probably call ur sponsor for interview. Once they are not very clear about an application, that's always there next line of action.
Goodluck

Thanks a lot. I really appreciate
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by live4tk: 5:18pm On Jul 03, 2017
Dukelord:
Hello people,

Another silent follower of this thread.....you guys are awesome.

Husband Settlement Non priority

22/02/2017 - Application started
20/03/2017 - Application submitted
29/03/2017 - Biometric done
29/03/2017 - TLS say application has been transferred to UKVI
29/03/2017 - I sent supporting documents to my Lawyer in UK
30/03/2017 - Application received by UKVI
11/04/2017 - Lawyer sends supporting documents to UKVI Sheffield (with no bank statement)
12/04/2017 - UKVI receives supporting document. Requests for self addressed envelope.
26/04/2017 - Self addressed envelope (with bank statement) sent to Sheffield
21/06/2017 - I mailed UKVI Sheffield to find out about application
22/06/2017 - Wifey called UKVI Sheffield to find out about application and they said its still pending
26/06/2017 - UKVI Sheffield responded to email requesting for GWF, responded same day it is awaiting decision
25/06/2017 - Decision made (The day UKVI status page was updated but status page did not show decided it was still saying reference unknown)
27/06/2017 - UKVI application status page shows (displays) status as decided
30/06/2017 - TLS mail saying a decision has been made (11AM)
30/06/2017 - Passport available for collection at TLS (3PM)
03/07/2017 - Passport collected

Visa valid from 26th June to 26th July.

Congratulations. Am happy for you. I can't wait for my good news as well.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by joygirl2017(f): 7:30pm On Jul 03, 2017
sholeke:

At joygirl2017

We are next by God grace

Ahhhh 2 hands up we are next oooo this July with no issues
. cant believe everything will come to an end soon . Praying the days speed up .

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by joygirl2017(f): 7:37pm On Jul 03, 2017
live4tk:

Congratulations. Am happy for you. I can't wait for my good news as well.

wishing you all the best . grin grin not easy waiting that long . God's favour works for you
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by live4tk: 8:35pm On Jul 03, 2017
joygirl2017:

wishing you all the best . grin grin not easy waiting that long . God's favour works for you

Amen and Amen. Am finding it difficult to sleep and eat now. What I need now is God's intervention.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tayeby78: 11:01pm On Jul 03, 2017
Congratulations for getting the decision overturned. Please post your timeline for us here still waiting for our appeal to be overturned. Will really appreciate it. Trusting God that he will overturn ours the same way he's done yours very soon.
Davdar:
Hi Lexusgus430, Justwise

Update regarding our appeal. Thanks be to God for all He has done. So Hubby received email today from them saying the decision has been overturned. He should pay the NHIS and submit his passport and TB test to the visa centre. The issue now is, I didn't get a refund of the NHIS up to now. Is there anyway or number I can get hold of them? We have the reference number and the email we recieved to acknowledge the payment.

Thank you
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tayeby78: 11:09pm On Jul 03, 2017
Congratulations on getting decision overturned. Please outline your timelines for those of us waiting good news like this......we got notice of pending appeal in April....trusting God for a testimony just like yours....the wait is excruciating.
bankyg04:
I'm honestly in same shoes as you, I don't know if you remember me. We received a letter from tribunal allowing our appeal on May 23rd and till date the HO hasn't communicated to us. I mailed my MP regarding this yesterday. Congrats on your success and I use your hubby as a point of contact to my wife.

Update regarding our appeal. Thanks be to God for all He has done. So Hubby received email today from them saying the decision has been overturned. He should pay the NHIS and submit his passport and TB test to the visa centre. The issue now is, I didn't get a refund of the NHIS up to now. Is there anyway or number I can get hold of them? We have the reference number and the email we recieved to acknowledge the payment.

Thank you
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by live4tk: 2:37pm On Jul 04, 2017
[quote author=Dukelord post=58080984]Hello people,

11/04/2017 - Lawyer sends supporting documents to UKVI Sheffield (with no bank statement)
12/04/2017 - UKVI receives supporting document. Requests for self addressed envelope.
22/06/2017 - Wifey called UKVI Sheffield to find out about application and they said its still pending
26/06/2017 - UKVI Sheffield responded to email requesting for GWF, responded same day it is awaiting decision
25/06/2017 - Decision made (The day UKVI status page was updated but status page did not show decided it was still saying reference unknown)

Trying to take my mind off the application but is very hard. Please can you help me with the email and the contact number that your wife used to contact them. Please
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Dukelord: 10:58am On Jul 05, 2017
Here https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk/y/outside-the-uk/english

By phone
Telephone: 00 44 203 481 1736
Monday to Friday, 24 hours
Calls cost £1.37 per minute on top of your standard network charges.

By email
Email UK Visas and Immigration.
Emails enquiries cost £5.48. You won’t be charged for any follow-up emails about the same enquiry.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by live4tk: 1:30pm On Jul 05, 2017
Dukelord:
Here https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk/y/outside-the-uk/english

By phone
Telephone: 00 44 203 481 1736
Monday to Friday, 24 hours
Calls cost £1.37 per minute on top of your standard network charges.

By email
Email UK Visas and Immigration.
Emails enquiries cost £5.48. You won’t be charged for any follow-up emails about the same enquiry.

Many thanks. I really appreciate. God bless
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by subomi2: 4:48pm On Jul 05, 2017
good evening everyone,

it's been a tough cookie renting a house, its either no kids or the fact that he has no family around yet or something or house is gone!

has anyone heard about vpsgroup.com ?

i think its a platform to rent council houses? Please can my husband get one of them and use for my application or will it be seen as relying on government or inappropriate??

if we can go ahead, anything to note, please??

Please help everyone?? please pity a wife.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Realgeo(m): 5:06pm On Jul 05, 2017
subomi2:
good evening everyone,

it's been a tough cookie renting a house, its either no kids or the fact that he has no family around yet or something or house is gone!

i think its a platform to rent council houses? Please can my husband get one of them and use for my application or will it be seen as relying on government or inappropriate??

Council house is no go area. Anything that will make them think that u will rely on the government funds is not a good one. Let your husband rent a room in a flat or something. My little advice though.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by subomi2: 5:22pm On Jul 05, 2017
thank you, thank you.
we thought so too. He actually asked me to come ask here. we will keep searching. looking f or a 2 bedroom actually or even 3.

God will help us.

Thanks Realgeo for the prompt response!

Realgeo:

Council house is no go area. Anything that will make them think that u will rely on the government funds is not a good one. Let your husband rent a room in a flat or something. My little advice though.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Uglyduckling: 8:59am On Jul 06, 2017
subomi2:
thank you, thank you.
we thought so too. He actually asked me to come ask here. we will keep searching. looking f or a 2 bedroom actually or even 3.

God will help us.

Thanks Realgeo for the prompt response!

use zoopla and Rightmove to search for houses. You'll see lots of houses in your locality that fit your specifications

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Spinardo: 12:27pm On Jul 06, 2017
subomi2:
good evening everyone,

I feel your pain in this regard... You can check with "Your Move".... they have a number of houses (to-let) that fits your description. They are also widely recognized in the UK.

Hope this helps....

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by sholeke(f): 12:42pm On Jul 06, 2017
May God help us who are waiting for decision. We are on day 48, this backlog is causing too much delay.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by MrBBBB: 2:08pm On Jul 06, 2017
[quote author=Dukelord post=58080984]Hello people,

congratulations on the success of your application.
Please can you advice on what website to check for status on the UKVI like u mentioned earlier. i Thought it was only TLS you can check for update

Please advise

Thank you
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by bukkykunle66: 6:16pm On Jul 06, 2017
Pls all , I need a help on settlement visa uk, spouse visa granted since 19th June 2017 but I have not received back all sponsor supporting document. Pls help what can I do. Also I have been tracking the self addressed envelope just saying pls come back. Pls help
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Dukelord: 6:21pm On Jul 06, 2017
[quote author=MrBBBB post=58184324][/quote]

https://contact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov.uk/app/visa_application/checkvisastatus
Put your reference number (GWF...) If it says it cant recognize, it means it has not yet be decided.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by joygirl2017(f): 7:16pm On Jul 06, 2017
sholeke:
May God help us who are waiting for decision. We are on day 48, this backlog is causing too much delay.

My dear feeling your pain just tired , priority is just rubbish route for now lol . Wish I applied for student visa then switch to lipsrsealed undecided cryspouse visa at least I'll be in the uk with my hubby . We thought by middle june ill bein the uk
They better go change that 15days to 2months lol. So annoying lol
God dey my sister hopefully u hear something next week I pray you do
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by joygirl2017(f): 7:26pm On Jul 06, 2017
sholeke:

At AdimO1 and joygirl2017

We are the one waiting now, hope we all get good news soon. Has any of you or partner receive you documents back. I feel for you joygirl2017 is not nice to be apart on special occasion, the worse part is you can't even travel cause they have our passport. We are day 41 ,praying for a miracle

Its really sad just feeling sad a bit , just tired I think I'll go watch wonder woman the movie

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by sholeke(f): 8:18pm On Jul 06, 2017
joygirl2017:

My dear feeling your pain just tired , priority is just rubbish route for now lol . Wish I applied for student visa then switch to lipsrsealed undecided cryspouse visa at least I'll be in the uk with my hubby . We thought by middle june ill bein the uk
They better go change that 15days to 2months lol. So annoying lol
God dey my sister hopefully u hear something next week I pray you do

Thanks my dear I just don't want to think about it too sad. God is out strength
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Captainsholly: 11:54am On Jul 07, 2017
Touch down heathrow weds. Thank you God.

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Realgeo(m): 5:31pm On Jul 07, 2017
Captainsholly:
Touch down heathrow wedps. Thank you God.

Enjoy ur new life
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by sholeke(f): 7:31pm On Jul 07, 2017
Captainsholly:

Welcome
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by joygirl2017(f): 3:14pm On Jul 08, 2017
Captainsholly:

Thank God for safety. I bet you wife was over joyed ; grin cheesy cheesy . Happy reunion .

Were you asked any question at port of entry (immigration) ? If any pls kindly share ?

Did they ask for you Tb test result?

(1) (2) (3) ... (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.