Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,986 members, 7,810,745 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:24 PM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (337) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1035073 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 9:09am On Nov 10, 2017
Lamakinde:

You guys (@Justwise & Lexusgs430) are too much. I can remember when I filled wrongly marriage - settlement and didn't see IHS payment and could remember that I heard about it on this forum, you pointed it out that there no application without IHS otherwise I would have made mistakes.
Thanks to all contributors. All waiting, God has done it already. As for the tithes @Lexusgs430, when I reach we will discuss further! �
Congratulations!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 9:11am On Nov 10, 2017
tayeby78:
To God be all the glory .........Great things he hath done. Don't know if anyone remembers my story but I'll start from the beginning.

Timeline

Spousal application August 6 2016
Biometrics 12th August 2016
23rd Oct - application not straight forward email from ukvi.
January 17th 2017 - visa refused - based on financial requirements cos we submitted details for self employed and full time employment, English language and not enough evidence of our relationship

Feb 3rd - appealled asper lawyers advise

March - found this forum and was taking screenshots of everything............

April - notice of pending appeal

June - emailed Manchester MP who happens to be a labour candidate and they are in full support of immigrants - got the advise from this forum

July - got letter appeal listed for December 8th 2017 - Same day the MP replied me. Lol

August 9th - reapplied since the appeal was taking too long.

August - MP wrote me to find out the progress but I told her about the new application and that I wasn't coping, i was depressed and have to move in with my mother and appeal is taking too long.

17th August - Biometrics

Oct - tls hasn't updated that his application has been received by ukvi - I asked on this forum and Lamakinde advised to fill in their complaint section.

Within 2 working days the necessary adjustments was made on the tls tracker.

25th Oct - emailed mp to say I haven't heard anything from the second application.

Nov 6th - decision made email and passport ready for collection about 20 mins apart.

Hubby who has been carrying his collection letter in his car since last week just drove straight to Ikeja to go pick it up and low and behold his visa was there.

Just need to withdraw the appeal lo ba tan and of cos update the MP. Lol

Please everyone don't ever give up. Good luck to everyone waiting.......we shall all celebrate together here in this UK....my prayers are with you always.

Great news!

Congratulations!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lamakinde(m): 10:35am On Nov 10, 2017
justwise:

Congratulations!
Thanks bros.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Dolly15: 12:13pm On Nov 10, 2017
Hi guys,

I just want to say a very big thank you to everyone that shared their thoughts regarding my previous post and also your prayers and encouragement.

God has done it and I’m grateful, as I received my visa today after 5months of waiting.

Timeline:

Application online submission- may 30th
Biometrics - June 6th
Documents sent to Sheffield - June 12th
Email confirming application received in Sheffield -
June 27th
Application not straightforward email received - Aug 24th
Escalation to MP by husband-September 13th
Email from Sheffield apologizing for delay as it’s been a busy period and aim to make a decision on or before October 31st - sep 25
Not straightforward email - Oct 16
Email received stating still working on application - Oct.30th

Documents returned to husband - Nov 8
Decision made and visa ready for collection mail received 2hrs apart - Nov 9.

Wishing all those still waiting for theirs goodnews soon.

3 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 6:00pm On Nov 10, 2017
Dolly15:
Hi guys,

I just want to say a very big thank you to everyone that shared their thoughts regarding my previous post and also your prayers and encouragement.

God has done it and I’m grateful, as I received my visa today after 5months of waiting.

Timeline:

Biometrics - June 6th
June 27th
Email from Sheffield apologizing for delay as it’s been a busy period and aim to make a decision on or before October 31st - sep 25

Congratulations ......... Eventually, patience was a virtue .......
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by phatbaby1: 7:09pm On Nov 10, 2017
phatbaby1:
Dear House,
I have been reading all the messages here about the UK spouse visa and they are encouraging thank you. I have a question about scan and send service. I live in the UK and my spouse is applying in Lagos. Can I send some documents from here while he still uses the scan service in Lagos? The guidance doesn't make clear if you can use both. It only talks about using either.

Thank you in advance for your help.
[quote author=phatbaby1 post=62195038]

Hello All, please does anyone have the answer to my question? Basically if we can combine postal and scan and send service. I had already given docs for proof of income and half of proof of accommodation to my hubby and he's in Lagos. He wants to use scan and send. And I have the latest bank statement, the proof of relationship stuff and the rest of the proof of accommodation.

Thanks again in advance.
Will be happy to update the house with TL and outcome.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 7:20pm On Nov 10, 2017
[quote author=phatbaby1 post=62259222][/quote]

From my Limited understanding, majority of the documentations are submitted in the UK. The only documents submitted in Lagos are, the applicants passport, Biometrics copy of sponsors passport, TB Certs and I sabi spoke engrish certificate .......

All other documents gets submitted to sheffield .......
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tayeby78: 7:50pm On Nov 10, 2017
Thank you sir and thanks for keeping this forum going.
justwise:

Great news!

Congratulations!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tayeby78: 7:53pm On Nov 10, 2017
Wow congrats Dolly. Your case is a unique case o especially since you got application not straight forward email twice. God has done it for you. Come and join use enjoy this cold wether finally.

Dolly15:
Hi guys,

Timeline:

Biometrics - June 6th
June 27th

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by deebaby05(f): 8:56pm On Nov 10, 2017
Wow congrats dolly. This is a great testimony. 5 months, 2 not straightforward mails and God still proved Himself.

Dolly15:
Hi guys,

Timeline:

Biometrics - June 6th
June 27th

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by deebaby05(f): 9:00pm On Nov 10, 2017
Wow congrats dolly. This is a great testimony. 5 months, 2 not straightforward mails and God still proved Himself.

Dolly15:
Hi guys,

Timeline:

Biometrics - June 6th
June 27th

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by deebaby05(f): 9:08pm On Nov 10, 2017
I actually wanted the experts to talk first.lol.

When we went for biometrics, if you see the bag with all our documents (myself and 3 kids), you 'll think that we are travelling but we were told to send everything to Sheffield. They didn't even scan 1 page. What i was told was that all documents, Originals and copies should be sent directly to Sheffield for settlement application. They only collected our passports and proof of payment which was on the first page of our application print out.

But I don't know if there is a settlement scan service under added services which you can pay for.Your hubby might have to find that out at the VAC.

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by phatbaby1: 6:37pm On Nov 11, 2017
deebaby05:
I actually wanted the experts to talk first.lol.

When we went for biometrics, if you see the bag with all our documents (myself and 3 kids), you 'll think that we are travelling but we were told to send everything to Sheffield. They didn't even scan 1 page. What i was told was that all documents, Originals and copies should be sent directly to Sheffield for settlement application. They only collected our passports and proof of payment which was on the first page of our application print out.

But I don't know if there is a settlement scan service under added services which you can pay for.Your hubby might have to find that out at the VAC.

Lexusgs430:

From my Limited understanding, majority of the documentations are submitted in the UK. The only documents submitted in Lagos are, the applicants passport, Biometrics copy of sponsors passport, TB Certs and I sabi spoke engrish certificate .......

All other documents gets submitted to sheffield .......

Thank you guys, at least there is some clarification because the TLS website says two different things so I will go with what you guys have said.
Thank you once again, will keep the house posted about our progress.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by chilove02: 4:30am On Nov 12, 2017
@Minnienellie24 post=61906984] Thanks dear for responding. I have taken time also to read the Financial requirement from Home office website and now I know I can actually use just my Agency income once it is from 18,600 and above. Thanks you.

Hi @Chilove02 As at the time my hubby applied march this year, I was working with an agency on a temporary role since February 2016 till when he submitted his application. But the good this was that i was earning more than £18600 when all my weekly wages was summed up after 6months. When i read the Financial requirement guidiance note(Appendix FM_1_7_Financial requirements) page 27, There was an example of a Fashion photographer with varying income.[/quote]
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by teejay231: 11:12pm On Nov 12, 2017
I will advise that even if TLS offers a scanning service, which is usually optional, it is better to mail your documents directly to Sheffield. I have seen somewhere where the TLS people failed to scan a few of the original documents they were given and the applicant was refused. Best to avoid.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Aphrodite007(f): 4:11pm On Nov 15, 2017
@minnienellie24 hi dear. I wanted to confirm something from you. One time you said that your sister wrote a letter of consent to the visa officer for your husband, did she include her phone number in the letter?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Minnienellie24: 4:35pm On Nov 15, 2017
Aphrodite007:
@minnienellie24 hi dear. I wanted to confirm something from you. One time you said that your sister wrote a letter of consent to the visa officer for your husband, did she include her phone number in the letter?

Yes she did. It was a simple letter.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Minnienellie24: 6:57pm On Nov 15, 2017
Minnienellie24:

Yes she did. It was a simple letter.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by ronvlaar: 9:35pm On Nov 15, 2017
Day58 today and message from Sheffield says Application not straightforward blah blah blah..
Anyway, still waiting sha and its not easy but I'm hopeful...
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lamakinde(m): 9:38pm On Nov 15, 2017
ronvlaar:
Day58 today and message from Sheffield says Application not straightforward blah blah blah..
It will surely come out fine and you will testify to God's goodness in Jesus name, amen.

4 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tayeby78: 10:56pm On Nov 15, 2017
God will make a way for you in pleasant places. It shall be good news. We'll all come rejoice with you like you've done for others.
ronvlaar:

5 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by ronvlaar: 5:22am On Nov 16, 2017
Lamakinde:

It will surely come out fine and you will testify to God's goodness in Jesus name, amen.

Amen, thank u bro
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by ronvlaar: 5:24am On Nov 16, 2017
tayeby78:
God will make a way for you in pleasant places. It shall be good news. We'll all come rejoice with you like you've done for others.

A very big Amen, thank you.
I'm coming to share d goodnews soon
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by MreSBee: 10:34am On Nov 16, 2017
Congratulations Dolly.... I thank God for you. he did it for you despite the "not straightforward email" you got twice. Congratulations again. God bless you and your husband as you begun yo coexisyyand cohabit together (lol)

Dolly15:
Hi guys,

Timeline:

Biometrics - June 6th
June 27th

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Aphrodite007(f): 10:39am On Nov 16, 2017
[quote author=Minnienellie24 post=62410717][/quote]

You are the best! God bless you plenty. I intend to submit in January but I want to gather all the documents now (although I have already paid my IHS, I hope this wouldn’t be a problem). Many thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Irhu32: 12:13pm On Nov 16, 2017
Lamakinde:

Hello all, I have been a silent viewer for a few months now.I did My wives online application on the 24th of August then her biometrics registration on the 28th of August.Keeping fingers crossed and hoping to here from them soon as the wait is putting pressure on my marriage. I pray ooo.Day 60 today from online application date.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Irhu32: 12:26pm On Nov 16, 2017
Kind of worrying abit. No not straight forward email, no supporting document back too. I spoke to my solicitor last week they just said the usual keep waiting.Should I contact them myself or should I use my my MP?Any tips would be helpful.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lamakinde(m): 12:44pm On Nov 16, 2017
Irhu32:
Hello all, I have been a silent viewer for a few months now.I did My wives online application on the 24th of August then her biometrics registration on the 28th of August.Keeping fingers crossed and hoping to here from them soon as the wait is putting pressure on my marriage. I pray ooo.Day 60 today from online application date.
Is your 60 days Business /working days? It's still not late as that is exactly 12weeks . I believe you will get a response by next week.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Irhu32: 1:01pm On Nov 16, 2017
Yes it is 60 working days from 24th of August excluding weekends and exactly 12 weeks today.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by mzapplication: 4:05pm On Nov 16, 2017
Hello All, wonderful job we are doing here. I wish us all the best in our endeavours

I am about to put in my application for settlement visa, to join my husband in the UK, with our kids

Here is a checklist of all I will be submitting.

For more context, I have a valid visiting visa, and the kids are US citizens (just stating in case this has any bearing on the application..)

About Us
Form and Appendix 2
Must also print the application off when submitting
Kids Birth cert
Sworn Affidavit of age
My Payslips
My Bank statement
All Old passports
Photocopy of all past Uk, US and Schengen visas + stamps
TB Test
Letter from my office
Passport photo for all the kids
IELTS

Relationship Documents
Marriage certificate
Tenancy agreement for current home in NGN with our names on it
Name change / newspaper publication
Sworn Affidavit of name change
Photographs together, wedding photo, photos with the kids etc

Maintenance Documents
Sponsor (husband) Bank statement for 6 months showing the maintenance balance
Letter from Employer stating they will support our maintenance
Sponsor Payslips
Contract of employment

Accommodation documents
Letter from a very close relative stating that we can live in the home
Utility Bills

Other/ Random
Husband biodata page
BRP
Applicants bio data pages

Am I missing anything? I am also pasting to serve as a checklist that others can use as well

I hope to submit the form asap and go for biometrics next week.

God bless. Sorry for the long post
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by ronvlaar: 6:39pm On Nov 16, 2017
And so home office called my wife today and asked her few questions bout her work n all..
They later called her employer too..
Me I don't understand these people sha..
Day 59 today..
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by ronvlaar: 6:40pm On Nov 16, 2017
Irhu32:
Yes it is 60 working days from 24th of August excluding weekends and exactly 12 weeks today.

You start counting from your biometric date which is August 28..
Your wife and I are both biometric date mate lol..
Just chill, you'd hear from them soon

(1) (2) (3) ... (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.