Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,658 members, 7,813,223 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:53 AM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (346) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1035950 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Aphrodite007(f): 9:43pm On Nov 24, 2017
MreSBee:
Your first NI is yours forever.... even if you go back to the UK after a century... you can still use it lol

That’s awesome. Mine is very easy to cram so this is good news. Thanks a lot

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by FOSBAS1: 10:06pm On Nov 24, 2017
Good Evening all, Please I need Advice.
My son and I applied for UK visa
Did our biometrics on October 3rd, Documents got to Decision making center on 4th. Got a message requesting for my Baby's birth certificate on 20thof October, which I immediately forwarded, got Another message on 21st to resend it, of which I did again. Our Visa was subsequently denied on the 20th of November. on the following grounds -
1. Evidence that our marriage is still subsisting
2 Refusal to respond to the mail requesting for our son's birth certificate.
Do you think applying for administrative review is a better option?
TIA
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 10:18pm On Nov 24, 2017
FOSBAS1:
Did our biometrics on October 3rd, Documents got to Decision making center on 4th. Got a message requesting for my Baby's birth certificate on 20thof October, which I immediately forwarded, got Another message on 21st to resend it, of which I did again. Our Visa was subsequently denied on the 20th of November. on the following grounds -
TIA

Sorry about your refusal .... Must be really tough ......

You cannot go down the administrative review route ...... It's either appeal or a fresh application

What documents did you submit to proof your relationship was subsisting ?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by FOSBAS1: 10:21pm On Nov 24, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Sorry about your refusal .... Must be really tough ......

You cannot go down the administrative review route ...... It's either appeal or a fresh application

What documents did you submit to proof your relationship was subsisting ?
Thank you
it was only Marriage certificate
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 10:24pm On Nov 24, 2017
FOSBAS1:

Thank you
it was only Marriage certificate

No pictures ? No communication logs ? No kissy kissy emails ? No outpouring of affection through whatsapp ? No dirty chats via BBM?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lamakinde(m): 10:24pm On Nov 24, 2017
FOSBAS1:
TIA
Sorry, though u were denied but all you need to address is already stated in the notice of refusal. Is there any evidence of support from ur spouse like money sent for upkeep? Any travelling details like visas/tickets/boarding passes to spend some time together? (something to show commitment)
Just state that the birth certificate was sent but seems they didn't get it.
I don't know if new docs will be allowed for administrative review other than at the tribunal. You can give it a shot because reapplying is just too expensive.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 10:32pm On Nov 24, 2017
deept ----- I sight you.... You just run leave us for this Buhari torture ......
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by FOSBAS1: 11:00pm On Nov 24, 2017
Lamakinde:

Sorry, though u were denied but all you need to address is already stated in the notice of refusal. Is there any evidence of support from ur spouse like money sent for upkeep? Any travelling details like visas/tickets/boarding passes to spend some time together? (something to show commitment)
Just state that the birth certificate was sent but seems they didn't get it.
I don't know if new docs will be allowed for administrative review other than at the tribunal. You can give it a shot because reapplying is just too expensive.
Although had some pictures/ communication logs submitted.
New Documents aren't allowed in the Review.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by FOSBAS1: 11:01pm On Nov 24, 2017
Lexusgs430:

No pictures ? No communication logs ? No kissy kissy emails ? No outpouring of affection through whatsapp ? No dirty chats via BBM?
plus pictures and communication logs!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 11:08pm On Nov 24, 2017
FOSBAS1:

plus pictures and communication logs!

You probably did not send enough of both ........
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by FOSBAS1: 11:23pm On Nov 24, 2017
Lexusgs430:

You probably did not send enough of both ........
hmm, I Guess as much. is Re-applying the better option here?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 11:43pm On Nov 24, 2017
FOSBAS1:

That is your application cost * 4...........

Appeal would take another 18 - 22 months

A decision you would have to personally consider, which best suits the pocket & the heart.......

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 11:43pm On Nov 24, 2017
FOSBAS1:

For reference, how many pictures did you send + communication log span?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 11:45pm On Nov 24, 2017
FOSBAS1:

If only you had referred to this thread, pre - application process........
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Aphrodite007(f): 1:19am On Nov 25, 2017
mzapplication:
And so the waiting game begins...

Biometrics 22st Nov
Posted all docs to sponsor same day
Received confirmation of biometrics from UKVI 23rd
Sponsor posted all docs to Sheffield 24th Nov

Please who is my "birthday" in this matter let us hold hands grin

Hi. It seems your documents got to your partner in two days. Please what service provider is this? DHL? Was it priority mail service? I need the fastest one possible. Thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Aphrodite007(f): 1:22am On Nov 25, 2017
Lexusgs430:

I am sorry, I am sure this is a serious issue, but the “outpouring of affection through whatsapp” statement is really funny. grin
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Aphrodite007(f): 1:27am On Nov 25, 2017
FOSBAS1:

To be honest, I think it’s a better option. Sorry for your refusal, but prepare everything and fire them back well. Send them plenty photos and all, they must be really grumpy Cos it’s almost Holiday season. You will be triumphant in your second application. Amen
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by teejay231: 3:06am On Nov 25, 2017
Phoenix77:

Teejay231 pls I'm confused.. my wife lives alone with our 3 year old daughter in a council owen property... she pays rent and all bills... not on any kind of benefit. So my question is will she need a property inspection letter for our application or the tenancy agreement, rent statement and council tax bill will do. Thanks for your time

Since it is not a shared property then the tenancy agreement, letter from housing authority stating that you are allowed to live there should suffice.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 7:57am On Nov 25, 2017
Aphrodite007:

I am sorry, I am sure this is a serious issue, but the “outpouring of affection through whatsapp” statement is really funny. grin

Rather than remaining sad, best to put a positive spin on things..........

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by FOSBAS1: 8:15am On Nov 25, 2017
Lexusgs430:

For reference, how many pictures did you send + communication log span?
few pictures we took before wedding, wedding pictures and only one with our Baby.
as per communication - we mostly Call, send messages through WhatsApp.
had screenshots of WhatsApp messages
what else was I supposed to add pls?
in preparations for reapplying?
Thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 8:19am On Nov 25, 2017
FOSBAS1:

few pictures we took before wedding, wedding pictures and only one with our Baby.
as per communication - we mostly Call, send messages through WhatsApp.
had screenshots of WhatsApp messages
what else was I supposed to add pls?
in preparations for reapplying?
Thanks

Aim to send about 80 pictures + baby inclusive (post & pre wedding pictures)

Communication log - Assuming you have been dating from 2013 - 2017 (print about 100 pages of communication logs, spanning the years)......

NB: Send your whatsapp chats to email and print.... I never under why people use the cumbersome screenshot sending method.......... Also some of the financial documentations you sent previously, would already be out of date. Remember the '28 day rule'......
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by teejay231: 1:08pm On Nov 25, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Communication log - Assuming you have been dating from 2013 - 2017 (print about 100 pages of communication logs, spanning the years)......

NB: Send your whatsapp chats to email and print.... I never under why people use the cumbersome screenshot sending method.......... Also some of the financial documentations you sent previously, would already be out of date. Remember the '28 day rule'......

I know people who sent just 20 photos without even wedding photos and still got approved. Sometimes it's all about the ECO. As long as the photos were taken over a time period and not same day. It is advised to send about 5 pages per month for communication logs. The WhatsApp email and print is far better than screenshots and print.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 1:11pm On Nov 25, 2017
teejay231:

I know people who sent just 20 photos without even wedding photos and still got approved. Sometimes it's all about the ECO. As long as the photos were taken over a time period and not same day. It is advised to send about 5 pages per month for communication logs. The WhatsApp email and print is far better than screenshots and print.

So you would advise the OP to send 20 photos, after initial visa refusal ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Aphrodite007(f): 4:45pm On Nov 25, 2017
teejay231:

Thanks for the advice. Do we have to put the dates that the photos were taken?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by FOSBAS1: 4:59pm On Nov 25, 2017
Lexusgs430:

thank you so much.
I'll keep you posted whenever I'm ready!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by teejay231: 8:49pm On Nov 25, 2017
Lexusgs430:

So you would advise the OP to send 20 photos, after initial visa refusal ?

I believe communication logs are more important than photos to the ECOs. If they have more photos sure they can send otherwise there are lot of other ways to prove the relationship is genuine such as travel stamps, flight tickets, letters from family members and friends, wedding invitation cards and so on. I met my wife in the UK but during my application for spouse visa, my lawyer only submitted wedding photos and photos from her time in Nigeria ignoring all our photos in the UK. I was worried but we had communication logs of over 500 pages plus a few other evidence. Maybe I was just lucky.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 8:57pm On Nov 25, 2017
teejay231:

I believe communication logs are more important than photos to the ECOs. If they have more photos sure they can send otherwise there are lot of other ways to prove the relationship is genuine such as travel stamps, flight tickets, letters from family members and friends, wedding invitation cards and so on. I met my wife in the UK but during my application for spouse visa, my lawyer only submitted wedding photos and photos from her time in Nigeria ignoring all our photos in the UK. I was worried but we had communication logs of over 500 pages plus a few other evidence. Maybe I was just lucky.

A combination of pictures & call logs, creates an atmosphere of togetherness. Remember, the case worker is trying to build a picture, based on what they see......... The more you can submit the better.......

All other variables also plays an important role. Simply because, if you claim you miss you wife of 4 years and both of you have not seen each other in 4 years. It clearly says one thing...........

The more relevant documentations applicants can submit, the better........ (the only negative is cost of sending heavier documents to sheffield)

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 9:00pm On Nov 25, 2017
teejay231:

Was not so much luck...... Was simply the weight of evidence you provided........

NB: Would you have 500 pages of communication logs, if you did not love your wife ? What you lacked pictorially, you made up for in communication logs ............

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by teejay231: 9:00pm On Nov 25, 2017
Aphrodite007:

Thanks for the advice. Do we have to put the dates that the photos were taken?

Some people do that. They put the photos on a word document and include some description beside it. We simply put our in different envelopes labelled "Wedding Photos", "Time in Nigeria" and so on. From what I understand, ECOs have 15 to 20 minutes to spend on each application, so your application has to tell them everything in one go. Not sure if you included a letter of introduction/ cover letter previously. If you didn't, you need to. In the letter, you explain how you met your partner, when you proposed, when you got married, how often do you see each other, if not often why not and your intention to be together as a family. DON'T over elaborate
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by teejay231: 9:05pm On Nov 25, 2017
Lexusgs430:

A combination of pictures & call logs, creates an atmosphere of togetherness. Remember, the case worker is trying to build a picture, based on what they see......... The more the you can submit the better.......

All other variables also plays an important role. Simply because, if you claim you miss you wife of 4 years and both of you have not seen each other in 4 years. It clearly says one thing...........

The more relevant documentations applicants can submit, the better........ (the only negative is cost of sending heavier documents to sheffield)

It is true but I know of couples who didn't really have photos together and even one with no wedding photos cos they could not take photos during their wedding. That's why the cover letter / letter of introduction is very important to help build that picture.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by teejay231: 9:08pm On Nov 25, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Was not so much luck...... Was simply the weight of evidence you provided........

NB: Would you have 500 pages of communication logs, if you did not love your wife ? What you lacked pictorially, you made up for in communication logs ............

The truth is that I didn't know how relevant those records were until the spouse visa process came. Luckily my wife saved every single record.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 9:14pm On Nov 25, 2017
teejay231:

The truth is that I didn't know how relevant those records were until the spouse visa process came. Luckily my wife saved every single record.

Wise woman ...... She had all the evidences to nail you, incase you pulled the plug ...... grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.