Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,176 members, 7,811,437 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:35 AM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (343) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1035300 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by LaaJiblik: 12:54pm On Nov 22, 2017
missboth:

I just tried it. Showing not recognise.

The UKVI link only recognises your credentials (GWF or IHS Reference) AFTER decision has been made.
If you try it when they haven't made a decision yet, It will ALWAYS tell you it doesn't recognise the creds.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by deebaby05(f): 12:56pm On Nov 22, 2017
That site is not working for applications made outside the UK. I 've collected my visa and it's still not recognising my GWF.

Please just be hopeful and don't panic. It will be successful.

missboth:

I just tried it. Showing not recognise.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by deebaby05(f): 12:59pm On Nov 22, 2017
Oga Justwise,

Got a decision mail for my 2 daughters today just immediately after I picked up my own and little girl.waiting for their collection maiI.

Please all waiting, be hopeful.you 'll be successful.

Quote author=justwise post=62594526]

You will finally hear from them unfortunately not at the same time for all 4 applications, i got no idea why they separate it the way they do but this is common. [/quote]

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by missboth: 1:03pm On Nov 22, 2017
LaaJiblik:

The UKVI link only recognises your credentials (GWF or IHS Reference) AFTER decision has been made.
If you try it when they haven't made a decision yet, It will ALWAYS tell you it doesn't recognise the creds.

Thank you
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by missboth: 1:04pm On Nov 22, 2017
[quote author=deebaby05 post=62611236]That site is not working for applications made outside the UK. I 've collected my visa and it's still not recognising my GWF.

Please just be hopeful and don't panic. It will be successful.

Thanks for the information.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by ronvlaar: 1:18pm On Nov 22, 2017
deebaby05:
God is good ooo and thanks @justwise for this forum and to the wonderful people of this house. Our Visa has been issued. Still waiting for 2 for my daughter's but I believe it will be issued also. Though I had submitted my application b4 I got this thread, I was able to use lots of advices. Like 3 weeks or so ago, I had to tell hubby to get his co tenant to write a letter that he's aware of our relocation and is ok with it and that the accommodation will not be overcrowded.

Timeline
Biometrics 31st August 2017
Parcel to Sheffield delivered 8th Sept 2017
Sheffield mail 10th Sept 2017
Tls mail for decision and pick up 22nd November 2017(59th day)
Visa actually issued 17th November 2017 but valid from 24th November to 24th December 2017

author=justwise post=62595407]

They don't always update your page in line with your application progress.

Thanks for your kind words.

Congrats...

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by ronvlaar: 1:19pm On Nov 22, 2017
deebaby05:
Oga Justwise,

Got a decision mail for my 2 daughters today just immediately after I picked up my own and little girl.waiting for their collection maiI.

Please all waiting, be hopeful.you 'll be successful.

Quote author=justwise post=62594526]

You will finally hear from them unfortunately not at the same time for all 4 applications, i got no idea why they separate it the way they do but this is common.

Congrats again...
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by ronvlaar: 1:23pm On Nov 22, 2017
Lamakinde:

I used only tls, I tried the other one too but wasn't successful. Just hold on and check the TLScontact checker.

Yea, I get and that's what I've been doing..
Thanks anyway
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lamakinde(m): 2:10pm On Nov 22, 2017
ronvlaar:

Yea, I get and that's what I've been doing..
Thanks anyway

I believe they have done it already. I understand how your madam feels, mine was like that also.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by ronvlaar: 5:46pm On Nov 22, 2017
Lamakinde:

I believe they have done it already. I understand how your madam feels, mine was like that also.

She called them last night and they were like work is still going on it and if we don't get anything by weekend she should call on Monday so they could escalate things.
I dunno what's wrong with these guys tbvh, this is becoming something else but we're trusting on God to answer us soon..
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Aphrodite007(f): 6:57pm On Nov 22, 2017
deebaby05:
God is good ooo and thanks @justwise for this forum and to the wonderful people of this house. Our Visa has been issued. Still waiting for 2 for my daughter's but I believe it will be issued also. Though I had submitted my application b4 I got this thread, I was able to use lots of advices. Like 3 weeks or so ago, I had to tell hubby to get his co tenant to write a letter that he's aware of our relocation and is ok with it and that the accommodation will not be overcrowded.

Timeline
Visa actually issued 17th November 2017 but valid from 24th November to 24th December 2017

author=justwise post=62595407]

Congrats too. Everything will work out well. They can’t leave the kids without parents so relax.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Aphrodite007(f): 7:00pm On Nov 22, 2017
bestbian:

Okay dear, yes I am responsible for my maintenance, it's just a 4 year PhD tuition fee covered. My brother the truth is that I don't have that maintenance again as we borrowed the money to use for visa processing and we have returned the money.

My husband and baby actually applied after I got my visa but they were denied visa. The reason given was that no enough evidence of relationship, even though we put our marriage certificate and baby birth certificate.

We have put in for administrative review for them but I am also preparing my self incase it doesn't come out positive.

So now we will have to borrow a huge sum to show for the 3 of us again if they have to reapply. Nah wah oh!!!

Thanks all the same, at least now I am aware of what's before me. Thanks dear and God bless.

Can I advise you to relax, get your NI and a care job and start working. After 2-3 months, you will have that amount of money to bring them in. These applications are expensive, it’s best to make sure there are no loopholes.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 8:00pm On Nov 22, 2017
deebaby05:

Timeline

[author=justwise post=62595407]

Congratulations! Happy for you and your family.

3 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by deebaby05(f): 9:29pm On Nov 22, 2017
Thanks for your word of encouragement. I really appreciate it.

Aphrodite007:

Congrats too. Everything will work out well. They can’t leave the kids without parents so relax.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by deebaby05(f): 9:35pm On Nov 22, 2017
Thanks ronvlaar, Please keep the hope, I know it's not easy but God will do it. You are in my prayers. You have celebrated with others and we will all celebrate with you.

After I travelled from Agbara to ikeja, picked 2 passport, they sent another mail to pick the remaining 2 when I had almost gotten to Agbara and I drove ooo coupled with the terrible state of agbara, my body dey ache me no be small. Will have to go again tomorrow.

ronvlaar:

Congrats...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by ronvlaar: 10:51pm On Nov 22, 2017
deebaby05:
Thanks ronvlaar, Please keep the hope, I know it's not easy but God will do it. You are in my prayers. You have celebrated with others and we will all celebrate with you.

After I travelled from Agbara to ikeja, picked 2 passport, they sent another mail to pick the remaining 2 when I had almost gotten to Agbara and I drove ooo coupled with the terrible state of agbara, my body dey ache me no be small. Will have to go again tomorrow.

I can imagine, I'm familiar with that Agbara road but I believe its all worth d stress lol.
I pray they answer me on time too, thanks for d kind words..
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by GodandVal: 12:14am On Nov 23, 2017
GodandVal:
Hi guys please I need your urgent and immediate help and advice.

I applied for my spousal visa last 2 weeks (Priority) and my spouse a British Citizen living in the UK has submitted the supporting documents, however, I just came across this topic and saw where a poster wrote he had applied for settlement - marriage and had to change it to settlement - husband.

I called my hubby and told him and he said he was sure it was settlement - marriage only for him to call his lawyer who told him it was settlement - wife.

I am a bit worried now but the lawyer advised I wouldn’t be rejected on this basis that we should write a letter to them stating the error and asking them to provide the link for the health tests or so...

Their application plat form is so confusing, Settlement marriage, settlementwife, Settlement husband, civil partnership etc damn!

Anyone had this experience?

My people..I thought I should update you on my situation from my previous posts, seeing as a few of us have made the same mistake of selecting Settlement - Marriage category instead of Settlement - Wife / Husband.

I received an email from the Sheffield office today with the IHS link asking me to make the IHS payment by 29th November, which I have now done. My hubby was dancing when I told him about this. He seems to think my application is going to be approved now.

I’m really hoping that by making the IHS payment, even after this error, my application gets approved..and soon. Fingers crossed!

3 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Isommex: 6:01am On Nov 23, 2017
Please I have a question @lexus . Is it possible to make decision in your 7th week even though you did not pay for priority. How accurate can that sort of result be.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Isommex: 6:09am On Nov 23, 2017
@mamalicious pls when do you submit yours again as it looks like we from the same classroom.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Nobody: 6:35am On Nov 23, 2017
Aphrodite007:

Can I advise you to relax, get your NI and a care job and start working. After 2-3 months, you will have that amount of money to bring them in. These applications are expensive, it’s best to make sure there are no loopholes.

Thank you so much dear, I have NI number already as I have previously done masters some years back in UK.

Already arranging for a live in care job to pay me 450 pounds weekly.

The company said they will only put 20 hours on my pay slip. But I will be paid 450 pounds weekly. As a PhD student, I don't have to go to school always so can arrange with my supervisor.

I just want to help my family to come in quickly, it's not easy staying here alone when you already have a family especially a kid involved.

Thank you for your encouragement, I really appreciate. God bless.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Phoenix77: 9:03am On Nov 23, 2017
deebaby05:

Timeline

[author=justwise post=62595407]

Congrats....

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 9:09am On Nov 23, 2017
Isommex:
Please I have a question @lexus . Is it possible to make decision in your 7th week even though you did not pay for priority. How accurate can that sort of result be.

It might just be your lucky day..... How watertight was your application?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Aphrodite007(f): 9:10am On Nov 23, 2017
GodandVal:

My people..I thought I should update you on my situation from my previous posts, seeing as a few of us have made the same mistake of selecting Settlement - Marriage category instead of Settlement - Wife / Husband.

I received an email from the Sheffield office today with the IHS link asking me to make the IHS payment by 29th November, which I have now done. My hubby was dancing when I told him about this. He seems to think my application is going to be approved now.

I’m really hoping that by making the IHS payment, even after this error, my application gets approved..and soon. Fingers crossed!

So happy for you that it all got sorted out. That’s very good. Wish you well ok. Everything will work out to the Glory of God

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Aphrodite007(f): 9:13am On Nov 23, 2017
bestbian:

Thank you so much dear, I have NI number already as I have previously done masters some years back in UK.

Already arranging for a live in care job to pay me 450 pounds weekly.

The company said they will only put 20 hours on my pay slip. But I will be paid 450 pounds weekly. As a PhD student, I don't have to go to school always so can arrange with my supervisor.

I just want to help my family to come in quickly, it's not easy staying here alone when you already have a family especially a kid involved.

Thank you for your encouragement, I really appreciate. God bless.

Sharp woman!! I didn’t know you can use the former NI number given to you. I won’t be going back as a student, do I apply for a new NI or use my old NI no? Don’t worry everything will work out. With that salary, the family will move with you in no time. Congrats on your scholarship. Make us proud o.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Aphrodite007(f): 9:27am On Nov 23, 2017
Someone please help me out with this. My spouse says he doesn’t pay bills. He just sends the money to his housemate’s account and the bills leave his housemate’s account. But we can’t ask the housemate for his statement of account, that’s very intrusive. Is it mandatory for him to show the bills payments? I don’t know what to do.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Minnienellie24: 9:36am On Nov 23, 2017
Aphrodite007:
Someone please help me out with this. My spouse says he doesn’t pay bills. He just sends the money to his housemate’s account and the bills leave his housemate’s account. But we can’t ask the housemate for his statement of account, that’s very intrusive. Is it mandatory for him to show the bills payments? I don’t know what to do.

To be on a safe side, I would advise you ask the housemate and explain the need for the receipts or bill statements to him.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Isommex: 9:49am On Nov 23, 2017
@lexus am so scared right now.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Mamalicious: 10:53am On Nov 23, 2017
I submitted my online aplication and paid IHS on 7th Oct and Biometrics was 12 Oct . When was your bio ? I did standard not priority. I have been ticking my calendar like say tommorow no dey. I tink it depends on when u put as your travel date . When did u put as your travel date ?

Isommex:
@mamalicious pls when do you submit yours again as it looks like we from the same classroom.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 10:55am On Nov 23, 2017
Isommex:
@lexus am so scared right now.

Was your application watertight? Or you just submitted anything?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 10:59am On Nov 23, 2017
Aphrodite007:

What does he have at that address? Letter from HMRC? Bank statements? Council Tax bill? Landline bill?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by teejay231: 11:29am On Nov 23, 2017
mzapplication:
Hello All, wonderful job we are doing here. I wish us all the best in our endeavours

I am about to put in my application for settlement visa, to join my husband in the UK, with our kids

Here is a checklist of all I will be submitting.

For more context, I have a valid visiting visa, and the kids are US citizens (just stating in case this has any bearing on the application..)

About Us
Form and Appendix 2
Must also print the application off when submitting
Kids Birth cert
Sworn Affidavit of age
My Payslips
My Bank statement
All Old passports
Photocopy of all past Uk, US and Schengen visas + stamps
TB Test
Letter from my office
Passport photo for all the kids
IELTS

Relationship Documents
Marriage certificate
Tenancy agreement for current home in NGN with our names on it
Name change / newspaper publication
Sworn Affidavit of name change
Photographs together, wedding photo, photos with the kids etc

Maintenance Documents
Sponsor (husband) Bank statement for 6 months showing the maintenance balance
Letter from Employer stating they will support our maintenance
Sponsor Payslips
Contract of employment

Accommodation documents
Letter from a very close relative stating that we can live in the home
Utility Bills

Other/ Random
Husband biodata page
BRP
Applicants bio data pages

Am I missing anything? I am also pasting to serve as a checklist that others can use as well

I hope to submit the form asap and go for biometrics next week.

God bless. Sorry for the long post

Some of documents you have included are not relevant.

About us - you only need copies of your old passport, English test, application form, children's birth certificates,

Relationship documents- you need to include evidence of communication such as text messages or WhatsApp or Facebook

Maintenance documents- home office doesn't care about bank balance as long as you earn the required minimum and your bank statement and pay slips match the stated income. Documents must also not be older than 28 days.

Accommodation documents- if your husband lives in a rented apartment he needs to get a property inspection report which will state that there is enough space for you and your kids. A letter from the landlord is also okay. Utility bills are irrelevant
, only required for FLR and ILR stages.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by teejay231: 12:08pm On Nov 23, 2017
bestbian:

Okay dear, yes I am responsible for my maintenance, it's just a 4 year PhD tuition fee covered. My brother the truth is that I don't have that maintenance again as we borrowed the money to use for visa processing and we have returned the money.

My husband and baby actually applied after I got my visa but they were denied visa. The reason given was that no enough evidence of relationship, even though we put our marriage certificate and baby birth certificate.

We have put in for administrative review for them but I am also preparing my self incase it doesn't come out positive.

So now we will have to borrow a huge sum to show for the 3 of us again if they have to reapply. Nah wah oh!!!

Thanks all the same, at least now I am aware of what's before me. Thanks dear and God bless.

You only need to show for husband and child as your visa has already been issued. Evidence of relationship include communication logs such as text messages and WhatsApp or Facebook chats and photos.

(1) (2) (3) ... (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.