Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,987 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:41 AM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (347) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1035838 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 9:23pm On Nov 25, 2017
teejay231:

It is true but I know of couples who didn't really have photos together and even one with no wedding photos cos they could not take photos during their wedding. That's why the cover letter / letter of introduction is very important to help build that picture.

The most important aspect of the spousal visa, is the ability of the applicant & sponsor to prove and proof they have a subsisting relationship.......

Some case workers might be relaxed on certain requirements, while other jobsworth would adhere to every single letter of the requirement........

Does the applicant & sponsor know the case worker that would handle their applications mood ? Hence hitting either with a knockout is imperative ....

After paying that much $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$, only a successful application is permissible .........

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Deola101: 10:31pm On Nov 25, 2017
MreSBee:
Hi Deola

1. I think it's better you explain in the additional information section. If possible to try to rectify the employment error at the court... some people have explained how they had to go back to the registry to rectify errors. Remember you don't want to give the UKVI officials any reason for suspicion

2. Overdraft doesn't matter to them. All the need your hubbys bank statement for is to confirm if he truly receives the salary you have claimed he receives plus to back the payslips up

3. I think it's not good that you don't have any pre wedding or courtship evidences... you really need to find something (pictures, call logs, social media etc) to back up the ones you have from 2016 to present

4. I don't think it matters who does the screenshots. As long as eveidences show that the conversations/communications transpired between both of you

5. I don't think it's really necessary printing your bank statements as long as your sponsors bank statements are correct and shows that he receives the said salary to maintain both of you.

Hope I'm able to help with these few information. Gurus in the house should correct me anywhere if I'm wrong

Thanks for your input. About the pictures, we actually have loads of those. Just not so much in terms of communication btw 2014 and 15 coz of change of phones, etc and we weren't big on social media that much then. But we'll be sure to do some more ransacking, hopefully we'd get something. Thanks much! smiley
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Aphrodite007(f): 12:05am On Nov 26, 2017
teejay231:

I believe communication logs are more important than photos to the ECOs. If they have more photos sure they can send otherwise there are lot of other ways to prove the relationship is genuine such as travel stamps, flight tickets, letters from family members and friends, wedding invitation cards and so on. I met my wife in the UK but during my application for spouse visa, my lawyer only submitted wedding photos and photos from her time in Nigeria ignoring all our photos in the UK. I was worried but we had communication logs of over 500 pages plus a few other evidence. Maybe I was just lucky.

Wow. Nice. Did you print out all 500 pages and submitted to them? Mine is almost 3500 pages, it would be insane to print all these out. Insane! So I screenshotted the word document showing the number of pages that our chat is, then attached the 15 page screenshots (6 shots per page). Do I still print out the chats though?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Aphrodite007(f): 12:08am On Nov 26, 2017
teejay231:

Some people do that. They put the photos on a word document and include some description beside it. We simply put our in different envelopes labelled "Wedding Photos", "Time in Nigeria" and so on. From what I understand, ECOs have 15 to 20 minutes to spend on each application, so your application has to tell them everything in one go. Not sure if you included a letter of introduction/ cover letter previously. If you didn't, you need to. In the letter, you explain how you met your partner, when you proposed, when you got married, how often do you see each other, if not often why not and your intention to be together as a family. DON'T over elaborate

You and Lexus know a lot o! God bless you so much for your help. I’m really grateful. And no, he proposed, I didn’t! grin
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Aphrodite007(f): 12:12am On Nov 26, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Wise woman ...... She had all the evidences to nail you, incase you pulled the plug ...... grin grin grin grin

grin grin grin
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Aphrodite007(f): 12:20am On Nov 26, 2017
Deola101:

Thanks for your input. About the pictures, we actually have loads of those. Just not so much in terms of communication btw 2014 and 15 coz of change of phones, etc and we weren't big on social media that much then. But we'll be sure to do some more ransacking, hopefully we'd get something. Thanks much! smiley

I think if you just explain the missing phone in your applicant letter, everything will be fine. I lost my phone too December 2016, and met my hubby in May 2016, So everything before December is gone, plus photos (Cos he is allergic to using his own phone for photos- luckily, I had some in my snapchat). Just complie what you have and explain the missing ones.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by deept(m): 3:32am On Nov 26, 2017
Lexusgs430:
deept ----- I sight you.... You just run leave us for this Buhari torture ......

baba, no be like that, the hustle for this side no be small something. the system is such that it keeps taking and taking and you just gat meet up.

i check in from time to time, see there are lots of graduate students keeping the ministry going.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by deept(m): 3:41am On Nov 26, 2017
for the guys concerned about proof of relationship and pictures, sometimes not about number but quality. they know we are africans/nigerians and are big on traditional wedding, this one is probably the hardest to fake, get pictures from your trad, you dobaleing for your families, she kneeling down before your parents, the one you take with the parents etc. the one you gbe the iyawo literarily.

photos signing the marriage registry, kneeling before the priest/pastor, if you had a weddinig reception, some from there.

if you have travelled together for honeymoon, copies of visa stamp and tickets a few pictures from there too.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 5:21am On Nov 26, 2017
deept:

baba, no be like that, the hustle for this side no be small something. the system is such that it keeps taking and taking and you just gat meet up.

i check in from time to time, see there are lots of graduate students keeping the ministry going.

Nah so their system dey o....... (work-sleep-work) E go beta....

Yes o, many graduating and many more joining, we suppose don dey sell handouts now.........
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Nobody: 7:02am On Nov 26, 2017
FOSBAS1:
Good Evening all, Please I need Advice.
My son and I applied for UK visa
Did our biometrics on October 3rd, Documents got to Decision making center on 4th. Got a message requesting for my Baby's birth certificate on 20thof October, which I immediately forwarded, got Another message on 21st to resend it, of which I did again. Our Visa was subsequently denied on the 20th of November. on the following grounds -
1. Evidence that our marriage is still subsisting
2 Refusal to respond to the mail requesting for our son's birth certificate.
Do you think applying for administrative review is a better option?
TIA

So sorry dear, the same thing happened to me. my husband and daughter were refused visa that no enough evidence that our marriage is still subsisting. I only put our marriage certificate and baby birthday certificate. It was really a painful one for me and hubby.

We put in for administrative review for almost a month now, we have not heard anything.

let me advice you, if you have money and your statement of account is still good. just reapply with the right documents as you are being advised here.

you see, waiting for administrative review is not really easy. we would have stopped it if we have the finances to immediately do re-application. that's the only reason we are still hanging in there and waiting. While also preparing ourselves financially in case there is reason for them to reapply.

I wish you all the best.

3 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tayeby78: 11:13am On Nov 26, 2017
We also included screenshots of our WhatsApp video calls........showing both your images on an active call as this was our main source of communication.
deept:
for the guys concerned about proof of relationship and pictures, sometimes not about number but quality. they know we are africans/nigerians and are big on traditional wedding, this one is probably the hardest to fake, get pictures from your trad, you dobaleing for your families, she kneeling down before your parents, the one you take with the parents etc. the one you gbe the iyawo literarily.

photos signing the marriage registry, kneeling before the priest/pastor, if you had a weddinig reception, some from there.

if you have travelled together for honeymoon, copies of visa stamp and tickets a few pictures from there too.

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by mzapplication: 8:43pm On Nov 26, 2017
Aphrodite007:

Hi. It seems your documents got to your partner in two days. Please what service provider is this? DHL? Was it priority mail service? I need the fastest one possible. Thanks

Hi,

I used DHL, I ensured I got to their office/outlet in the morning so that my package will make same day dispatch.

Also ask your sponsor to use next day delivery when posting to Sheffield, same for the self addressed envelope.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by FOSBAS1: 10:21pm On Nov 26, 2017
bestbian:

So sorry dear, the same thing happened to me. my husband and daughter were refused visa that no enough evidence that our marriage is still subsisting. I only put our marriage certificate and baby birthday certificate. It was really a painful one for me and hubby.

We put in for administrative review for almost a month now, we have not heard anything.

let me advice you, if you have money and your statement of account is still good. just reapply with the right documents as you are being advised here.

you see, waiting for administrative review is not really easy. we would have stopped it if we have the finances to immediately do re-application. that's the only reason we are still hanging in there and waiting. While also preparing ourselves financially in case there is reason for them to reapply.

I wish you all the best.
Thank You
@all, am really grateful for your explicit information!!!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by ronvlaar: 11:14am On Nov 27, 2017
Day 66 and I still cross my legs dey watch with popcorn and Pepsi...
I pray something positive happens this week sha...

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Phoenix77: 11:20am On Nov 27, 2017
ronvlaar:

Expect d pleasant news dis wk IJN....

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by ronvlaar: 11:25am On Nov 27, 2017
Phoenix77:

Expect d pleasant news dis wk IJN....

I claim it IJN, thanks..

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 12:53pm On Nov 27, 2017
ronvlaar:

No forget hotdog and roasted scallops........
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by ronvlaar: 1:49pm On Nov 27, 2017
Lexusgs430:

No forget hotdog and roasted scallops........

At all, lol
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by godman100: 2:59pm On Nov 27, 2017
Aphrodite007:

Wow. Nice. Did you print out all 500 pages and submitted to them? Mine is almost 3500 pages, it would be insane to print all these out. Insane! So I screenshotted the word document showing the number of pages that our chat is, then attached the 15 page screenshots (6 shots per page). Do I still print out the chats though?

I was worried I didn’t send any WhatsApp chats between my wife and I so I spoke to a friend who’s an immigration lawyer and he told me that UKVI don’t consider WhatsApp chats as legitimate evidence of a relationship because names and messages can easily be altered. He also said no caseworker will spend time reviewing several hundred pages of chats when they’re working to tight deadlines and pretty much bin such documents when received. Not sure if this is 100% the case but just letting everyone know what I was told.

He advised photos are much better so long as you can also provide supporting documents evidencing the location and timing of the photos, e.g. taking a photo at Madame Tussaud’s with entry tickets showing the date taken and also passport stamps or flight tickets which prove both parties were in the country at the time. It’s the equivalent of marriage photos taken - the marriage certificate and passport stamps or flight tickets would be considered as supporting evidence of the date the photos were taken.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Sanbiken2: 5:41pm On Nov 27, 2017
ronvlaar:

Let me add to this, the ielts test is a very simple English test, it won't take more than 20minutes.
They just wanna know how good you can speak n listen.
You'd be paired with another candidate to interact with while an audio will be played for u to listen to. Listen carefully and answer the few questions it contains.
Don't form phonetics o, just be yourself and remember to smile while communicating with your partner and the supervisor/invigilator.
All the best!
Tanks alot,how do I get the materials.Do you have any materials with you?pls I need it, can u send it to my Email
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Sanbiken2: 5:46pm On Nov 27, 2017
Mamalicious:
Yea. Very correct . Mine was nt even up to 20 minutes. Please smile and dnt be stiff. Also listen very well as the examiner wukd want to see aw well u communicate with the person u wuld be paired with. My advise , while waiting to be called in the room. . U cn strive up a small convo wit the person u are paired wit to put u at ease. It worked for me and today i still call and chat the person.

All the best dear. Tanks a lot. Do you ve any material with you,so u can send it to my mail,pls

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by live4tk: 6:06pm On Nov 27, 2017
It's my turn to write I got a Big Fat Yes!!!
I'm so grateful to everyone in this group.Thanks you so much.

Timeline:
Visa type: Settlement visa (wife) Non- priority
21/02/2017: Online application (Submitted)
06/03/2017: Biometric appointment (Lagos,Nigeria)
15/03/2017: Supporting documents posted to Sheffield (Royal mail)
16/03/2017: Arrived Sheffield(no email,tracked it)
06/04/2017: Received email asking for my supporting documents
06/04/2017: Sent email that it has been sent,signed for and received (no response)
23/05/2017: Sent a mail again with my royal mail tracking number asking if they've received it (No response)
31/05/2017: Received email that application is not straightforward
27/07/2017: Involved MP
09/08/2017: Email from MP that application is not straightforward
15/08/2017: Escalate (No response)
29/08/2017: Escalate again/ Called Sheffield (No response)
25/09/2017: 31 October email
4/10/2017: Another not straightforward email
14/11/2017: Supporting documents returned from Sheffield
24/11/2017: Ready for collection email
27/11/2017: Passport picked up

Good luck to everyone waiting.

For all those still waiting on a decision....never give up

6 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Sanbiken2: 6:24pm On Nov 27, 2017
Mamalicious:
Yea. Very correct . Mine was nt even up to 20 minutes. Please smile and dnt be stiff. Also listen very well as the examiner wukd want to see aw well u communicate with the person u wuld be paired with. My advise , while waiting to be called in the room. . U cn strive up a small convo wit the person u are paired wit to put u at ease. It worked for me and today i still call and chat the person.

All the best dear.

Tanks alot,how do I get the materials.Do you have any materials with you?pls I need it, can u send it to my Email

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Sanbiken2: 6:24pm On Nov 27, 2017
Mamalicious:

All the best dear.

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Mamalicious: 6:28pm On Nov 27, 2017
My advise just go to youtube and type in ielts A1. Study with it. Really no materials i have just from you tube that is all. Good luck once again

[quote author=Sanbiken2 post=62767121][/quote]
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by teejay231: 6:32pm On Nov 27, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Wise woman ...... She had all the evidences to nail you, incase you pulled the plug ...... grin grin grin grin

Lol

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by teejay231: 6:37pm On Nov 27, 2017
Aphrodite007:

You need to print the actual chats. My wife printed everything but most people suggest printing a few pages for each month.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by teejay231: 6:43pm On Nov 27, 2017
Aphrodite007:

You and Lexus know a lot o! God bless you so much for your help. I’m really grateful. And no, he proposed, I didn’t! grin

Of course he did lol :-) Thanks. Just from personal experience and reading the experience of others. I didn't know anything when I submitted for spouse visa but luckily I had a good lawyer. I only discovered this forum and some others afterwards and really could have saved the lawyer fees. Best of luck with yours and I am 100% certain it will be okay as long you have followed all the instructions in this forum. God bless.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Nobody: 6:49pm On Nov 27, 2017
My people, God has done it for me and my family. I am a tier 4 student, got my visa but my husband and daughter were refused visa.
We put in for administrative review and today my husband just got a message to bring his passport and our daughters passport that the decision has been overturned. They are ready to give them visa now. I am so excited. Thanks to God and all here for encouragement.

Please I want to confirm if he has to go along with our 2 years old daughter to Immigration office in Ikeja for the passport submission? he can go alone to submit the passports? Please anyone has an idea. We need help on that please.

Its urgent for us. Thanks and God bless you all.

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by teejay231: 6:56pm On Nov 27, 2017
godman100:

I was worried I didn’t send any WhatsApp chats between my wife and I so I spoke to a friend who’s an immigration lawyer and he told me that UKVI don’t consider WhatsApp chats as legitimate evidence of a relationship because names and messages can easily be altered. He also said no caseworker will spend time reviewing several hundred pages of chats when they’re working to tight deadlines and pretty much bin such documents when received. Not sure if this is 100% the case but just letting everyone know what I was told.

He advised photos are much better so long as you can also provide supporting documents evidencing the location and timing of the photos, e.g. taking a photo at Madame Tussaud’s with entry tickets showing the date taken and also passport stamps or flight tickets which prove both parties were in the country at the time. It’s the equivalent of marriage photos taken - the marriage certificate and passport stamps or flight tickets would be considered as supporting evidence of the date the photos were taken.

You have been ill advised. No one has the time to alter hundreds of pages of chats. The only chat logs that seem to get dismissed by UKVI are usually cut and paste Facebook chats. The ECO might decide to pick a few random pages to look at. My lawyer had to read all of our unfiltered chat logs before submitting.

When you are in a genuine relationship, spouse visa is not the first thing you think about when you are taking photos. We didn't even take a lot of photos together and if my wife didn't save them, I wouldn't have had the chat logs either. I only submitted wedding photos and photos of my wife's visit to Nigeria plus over 500 pages unfiltered WhatsApp chat logs and got my spouse visa. My lawyer didn't include our photos in the UK together.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by teejay231: 6:59pm On Nov 27, 2017
bestbian:
My people, God has done it for me and my family. I am a tier 4 student, got my visa but my husband and daughter were refused visa.
We put in for administrative review and today my husband just got a message to bring his passport and our daughters passport that the decision has been overturned. They are ready to give them visa now. I am so excited. Thanks to God and all here for encouragement.

Please I want to confirm if he has to go along with our 2 years old daughter to Immigration office in Ikeja for the passport submission? he can go alone to submit the passports? Please anyone has an idea. We need help on that please.

Its urgent for us. Thanks and God bless you all.

Both of them. She must be present.
Congratulations.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by MreSBee: 6:59pm On Nov 27, 2017
Since you can get pictures... just make sure you get them in loads (100+) so that can cover for the little or no means of communication between 2014-15. Wish you good luck as you apply... will be reapplying too so wish me luck too

Deola101:

(1) (2) (3) ... (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.