Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,527 members, 7,819,899 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:54 AM

Cohabitation Before Marriage, Yes Or No - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Cohabitation Before Marriage, Yes Or No (5759 Views)

Poll: Which would you prefer

Cohabitation First: 25% (7 votes)
Straight Marriage: 75% (21 votes)
This poll has ended

10 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Indulge In Sex Before Marriage- Danceville / Cohabitation And Trial Marriage. Is It Good Or Bad? / Cohabitation: Will You Do It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cohabitation Before Marriage, Yes Or No by Nobody: 8:46pm On Dec 14, 2011
pendo89:

no thanks. i value my life
embarassed embarassed
Re: Cohabitation Before Marriage, Yes Or No by MrsChima1(f): 8:52pm On Dec 14, 2011
LMAO@Someone calling Sexkillz ma'am.   grin grin grin grin grin grin

Okay, I am going to my corner.   tongue
Re: Cohabitation Before Marriage, Yes Or No by MrsChima1(f): 8:55pm On Dec 14, 2011
pendo89:

Its a free world yeah but if your reason for cohabiting is to find out if you are compatible then I will say you are lost for sure.

1.Cohabitation is no guarantee for happy marriage
2.Refusing to cohabit is no gurantee either
3.If you are not ready to forgive,overlook faults,or if you are a coward do not marry but cohabit
4.If you respect the lady's parents and family and her honour as well then do the honourable thing of making her wife not some test car.

Again its a free world

I said that ALREADY!   angry angry angry tongue    However, GBAM! grin
Re: Cohabitation Before Marriage, Yes Or No by pendo89(f): 8:57pm On Dec 14, 2011
I hate all these derails. cant even reply to you chima.
Re: Cohabitation Before Marriage, Yes Or No by Nobody: 9:57pm On Dec 14, 2011
kiss
Re: Cohabitation Before Marriage, Yes Or No by freecocoa(f): 10:00pm On Dec 14, 2011
Cohabitation is a no for me,don't see it as morally right,besides we may not end up married,wouldn't want to go all the way with a man who's not yet my husband.
Re: Cohabitation Before Marriage, Yes Or No by Nobody: 10:11pm On Dec 14, 2011
Mrs, Chima:

$ugardaddy,

Why are you flooding the thread being childish?   undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided    Don't take what people call you to heart.  You should know what you are.   wink
Who doesnt know he is a FOOL? cheesy If he says he doesnt, he's a bloody liar! So much for being a matured elder! grin grin grin

That's why i called him an ARSE! He's One! cheesy
Re: Cohabitation Before Marriage, Yes Or No by MrsChima1(f): 10:17pm On Dec 14, 2011
I guess it is safe to come in here huh? shocked shocked shocked shocked

Sexkillz

Does a man or woman having a key to their boyfriend/girlfriend/fiancee/fiance's house considered "cohabitation"?
Re: Cohabitation Before Marriage, Yes Or No by Nobody: 10:22pm On Dec 14, 2011
freecocoa:

Cohabitation is a no for me,don't see it as morally right,besides we may not end up married,wouldn't want to go all the way with a man who's not yet my husband.
Morally yes! Most people against the bible would use it as an excuse! But what does that say about their morals? Living in a perverse world, morals have been rubbished, and is a steady decline! If you dont accept the worlds view on morality, you are seen as weird! I'd rather remain weird anyway! cheesy
Re: Cohabitation Before Marriage, Yes Or No by Nobody: 10:29pm On Dec 14, 2011
Mrs, Chima:

I guess it is safe to come in here huh? shocked shocked shocked shocked

Sexkillz

Does a man or woman having a key to their boyfriend/girlfriend/fiancee/fiance's house considered "cohabitation"?
Safe? Were you under attack? grin grin Are you referring to the crack head wanna be daddy? cheesy

Cohabitation i believe is when you actually move in together! Having the key to the apartment is not cohabitation, unless of course she lives there! I'm assuming she comes around and goes. Is that what you mean?
Re: Cohabitation Before Marriage, Yes Or No by MrsChima1(f): 10:33pm On Dec 14, 2011
sexkillz:

Safe? Were you under attack? grin grin Are you referring to the crack head wanna be daddy? cheesy

Cohabitation i believe is when you actually move in together! Having the key to the apartment is not cohabitation, unless of course she lives there! I'm assuming she comes around and goes. Is that what you mean?

Yeah, When I was exclusively dating Oga Chima, he had keys to my abode and I had keys to his abode.  I come and go as I please but I had my own space until I tied the knot.  I knew how he kept his house and manage his finances. If things didn't work out we both had our own abodes and would change the locks if necessary. Once you signed a lease with someone, you are stuck with that person unless the person decides to leave the house and you are stuck with the lease. It could be dangerous if you have someone that is twisted but hey!

The reason I asked because on Facebook, a chatter said he considered sharing keys cohabitation and I told him the same thing you said and I said you guys are SHACKING and playing house without the legalities of marriage.
Re: Cohabitation Before Marriage, Yes Or No by freecocoa(f): 10:36pm On Dec 14, 2011
sexkillz:

Morally yes! Most people against the bible would use it as an excuse! But what does that say about their morals? Living in a perverse world, morals have been rubbished, and is a steady decline! If you dont accept the worlds view on morality, you are seen as weird! I'd rather remain weird anyway! cheesy
I'm with you on this one bro,its just a shame that most people don't care about right or wrong anymore,its more of what's in vogue that matters to the world today.
Re: Cohabitation Before Marriage, Yes Or No by Nobody: 10:42pm On Dec 14, 2011
Mrs, Chima:

Yeah, When I was exclusively dating Oga Chima, he had keys to my abode and I had keys to his abode.  I come and go as I please but I had my own space until I tied the knot.  I knew how he kept his house and manage his finances.   If things didn't work out we both had our own abodes and would change the locks if necessary.  Once you signed a lease with someone, you are stuck with that person unless the person decides to leave the house and you are stuck with the lease.  It could be dangerous if you have someone that is twisted but hey!  

The reason I asked because on Facebook, a chatter said he considered sharing keys cohabitation and I told him the same thing you said and I said you guys are SHACKING and playing house without the legalities of marriage. 
No No! Were you having pricking conscience? LMAO!  grin grin grin
The idea of cohabitation is actually living as illegal couples! You are not recognized legally as married couples! That's the difference! Remove the commitment, and the vows!

It's like saying "I dont love you enough to marry you yet. Let's see if it works!". . . I mean, WTF?
Re: Cohabitation Before Marriage, Yes Or No by tellwisdom: 10:46pm On Dec 14, 2011
[size=17pt] grin grin grin grin grin sugar daggy ooo. Dis guy no go kee me grin grin grin grin grin[/size]
Re: Cohabitation Before Marriage, Yes Or No by MrsChima1(f): 10:47pm On Dec 14, 2011
Mrs, Chima:

Yeah, When I was exclusively dating Oga Chima, he had keys to my abode and I had keys to his abode.  I come and go as I please but I had my own space until I tied the knot.  I knew how he kept his house and manage his finances.   If things didn't work out we both had our own abodes and would change the locks if necessary.  Once you signed a lease with someone, you are stuck with that person unless the person decides to leave the house and you are stuck with the lease.  It could be dangerous if you have someone that is twisted but hey!  

Uhmm Sexkillz suga, just to make sure we are on the same page with "pricking".  You should know in the States, pricking means sexual relations.  I am sure you aren't talking about that right?    shocked

I am a virgin you know.   wink
Re: Cohabitation Before Marriage, Yes Or No by Nobody: 10:54pm On Dec 14, 2011
Mrs, Chima:

Uhmm Sexkillz suga, just to make sure we are on the same page with "pricking".  You should know in the States, pricking means intimate relations.  I am sure you aren't talking about that right?    shocked

I am a virgin you know.   wink
Smh @ Chima being virgin!

So your conscience have intimate relations? Smh! angry
  grin grin grin grin
Re: Cohabitation Before Marriage, Yes Or No by annawhite(f): 10:59pm On Dec 14, 2011
cohabitation isnt a good idea,whatever happend to the traditional dating and courtship
without love and respect in marriage,such marriage is bound to fail. . . . Cohabitation dosent guarantee a succesful marriage!
Re: Cohabitation Before Marriage, Yes Or No by MrsChima1(f): 11:01pm On Dec 14, 2011
sexkillz:

Smh @ Chima being virgin!  grin grin grin grin

Why is that so hard to believe?!!!   angry angry grin grin grin And yes I have a conscience punk! angry

Real talk though, my dad always told me to never move in with someone that isn't my husband because MOST not all men would settle for the free cow before buying the milk that if they don't love the person whom they are shacking with.  I know a couple who has been shacking for 20 years and YET TO GET MARRIED.  I always asked them if they believed in marriage and they responded that marriage may destroy their "chemistry" or whatever the bleep that mean.  

I told them I understand not everyone believes in marriage or feel that it is necessary BUT marriage in itself has nothing to do with their chemistry or lack thereof.  But, Upendo made a good point when she said humans aren't cars there aren't a need to test drive them.  If you are not compatible, you are not compatible.
Re: Cohabitation Before Marriage, Yes Or No by Nobody: 11:12pm On Dec 14, 2011
annawhite:

cohabitation isnt a good idea,whatever happend to the traditional dating and courtship
without love and respect in marriage,such marriage is bound to fail. . . . Cohabitation dosent guarantee a succesful marriage!
Traditional Dating and courtship is now sadly referred to archaic! And most people want the new cool! 21st century Cohabitation!
Mrs, Chima:

Why is that so hard to believe?!!!   angry angry grin grin grin And yes I have a conscience punk! angry

Real talk though, my dad always told me to never move in with someone that isn't my husband because MOST not all men would settle for the free cow before buying the milk that if they don't love the person whom they are shacking with.  I know a couple who has been shacking for 20 years and YET TO GET MARRIED.  I always asked them if they believed in marriage and they responded that marriage may destroy their "chemistry" or whatever the bleep that mean.  

I told them I understand not everyone believes in marriage or feel that it is necessary BUT marriage in itself has nothing to do with their chemistry or lack thereof.  But, Upendo made a good point when she said humans aren't cars there aren't a need to test drive them.  If you are not compatible, you are not compatible.  
Yeah! Over here too it happened! This was last year! After cohabiting for 20 years, and after 8 children, this couple decided to get married! It was a spectacle! Everyone thought the were married! I'll want to believe when pendo said it's a sign of cowardice too! I mean, you dont want to take responsibility for anyone? Scared of commitment, and want the best out of an imperfect person? And then you kick 'em out at the slightest whim? Smh!

Re: Cohabitation Before Marriage, Yes Or No by annawhite(f): 11:26pm On Dec 14, 2011
sexkillz:

Traditional Dating and courtship is now sadly referred to archaic! And most people want the new cool! 21st century Cohabitation![color=#000070][font=tempus sans itc][size=12pt]
yea bruv! U can say that again,
21st century where women are likened to cars. . .na wa o
Re: Cohabitation Before Marriage, Yes Or No by MrsChima1(f): 12:25am On Dec 15, 2011
sexkillz:

Traditional Dating and courtship is now sadly referred to archaic! And most people want the new cool! 21st century Cohabitation!Yeah! Over here too it happened! This was last year! After cohabiting for 20 years, and after 8 children, this couple decided to get married! It was a spectacle! Everyone thought the were married! I'll want to believe when pendo said it's a sign of cowardice too! I mean, you dont want to take responsibility for anyone? Scared of commitment, and want the best out of an imperfect person? And then you kick 'em out at the slightest whim? Smh!

An old man once said, "If a woman was good enough to bleeped, she should be good enough as your wife".

It is an amazement how SOME people can bleeped someone they have no respect, love, nor intention of settling down with. lipsrsealed
Re: Cohabitation Before Marriage, Yes Or No by 195(f): 10:04am On Dec 15, 2011
grin grin grin
Re: Cohabitation Before Marriage, Yes Or No by sugardaddy1(m): 10:08am On Dec 15, 2011
cool cool cool
Re: Cohabitation Before Marriage, Yes Or No by Okijajuju1(m): 11:18am On Dec 15, 2011
Go Team "Straight Marriage"  . . 

All team co-habitation want to do is . . . . .                

All of you in support of co-habitation are the ones responsible for 80% of abortions in this country!! angry
Re: Cohabitation Before Marriage, Yes Or No by Nobody: 3:00pm On Dec 15, 2011
Okija_juju:

Go Team "Straight Marriage"  . . 

All team co-habitation want to do is . . . . .                   

All of you in support of co-habitation are the ones responsible for 80% of abortions in this country!!  angry
Yeah! Team Marriage rocks! the votes are even in support of it! Are you sure of the emboldened? grin grin

cool cool
Re: Cohabitation Before Marriage, Yes Or No by Goldieluks: 3:07pm On Dec 15, 2011
Lol what the hecck.
Re: Cohabitation Before Marriage, Yes Or No by Nobody: 3:30pm On Dec 15, 2011
^^^ Jeez . . . stop that already! angry
Re: Cohabitation Before Marriage, Yes Or No by jaybee3(m): 3:47pm On Dec 15, 2011
Cleaned and re-opened
Re: Cohabitation Before Marriage, Yes Or No by sugardaddy1(m): 3:49pm On Dec 15, 2011
^^^ Don't be partial next time. He derailed my thread some days ago and you were nowhere to be found.
Re: Cohabitation Before Marriage, Yes Or No by jaybee3(m): 3:53pm On Dec 15, 2011
I would have done the same if I was either made aware or discovered the blatant spamming whilst trawling through the recent posts page.
Always use the report to moderator option if and when attacked on any thread
Re: Cohabitation Before Marriage, Yes Or No by Nobody: 3:55pm On Dec 15, 2011
^^^
Thanks to jaybee! I was beginning to think we've lost him! cheesy
Re: Cohabitation Before Marriage, Yes Or No by freecocoa(f): 3:59pm On Dec 15, 2011
Jay bee darl,why delete my comment na?it was harmless,you are making me sad o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

A Typical Bride Price List In IGBO Land / My Wife’s Friend Tried To Seduce Me But She Made Everything Worse / Have You Ever Rejected S*x Offer From A Girl Before? (WHY)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.